April 24, 2024, 01:11:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ANYONE WITH MICROSOFT VISTA & WIRELESS LAPTOP...?  (Read 4133 times)
Mere
Monkey Junky

« on: March 07, 2007, 10:34:29 AM »

Has anyone recently purchased a wireless laptop with Microsoft Vista OS?
Can you tell me which router you are using?  I use AOL and DSL lines...Has anyone found the AOL disc which is labeled AOL 9.0 VR (vista ready)...?
The download did not work for me and I am looking for the actual disc.
The DSL line is not working yet, but it may be that I do not have the correct setup on the new computer.
I found a transfer wire for XP to Vista yesterday and have transferred some things easily...but not AOL and DSL information.
I have spent hours on this and have had no help at the local Office Depot....yesterday they turned my computer on and said that the computer is fine...must be the router...so I left with a much more expensive router and still no luck.....
Thanks to anyone who can help.....Mere

My next question will be about how wireless routers work.... Confused

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 07:34:48 PM »

Thanks to those who e-mailed me.....I found the last AOL disc in my area...was on the floor in the electronics dept at WM....lol.....have never been so happy to be on dial-up...!

Still need to work with the DSL people tomorrow....feeling good.... Very Happy

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 11:25:47 PM »

Mere ,
  I dont have the laptop.. but bought a new HP desktop. with  Vista.
 I am lost at to where my pics are going I save.. to save in photobucket..
I cant find them?  LOL  I dont know ANYTHING about this media center at all?
  I hope I get some time off soon to be able to mess with it!  I am a puter dummy!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 11:41:53 PM »

Mere,, my DSL is ALOT different now with this VISTA..
 I was able to click on a Verizob link on my desktop before on my old PC..  NOW I can only click on IE..? Its wayyyyyyyyyyyy different. I am having one hell of a time getting used to it. I also ..(thaks to YAP) had to load JAVA.. cause there were some places I couldnt get to.
  When I bought this PC.. I paid to have them install the things that it needed and I got all the disks. IF I bought all of those seperate.. it would have costs me  TONS more.  I paid 145.00 for anti virus.. spyware..back up discs.. ETC.  AOL was on here.. BUT I had to go and sign back up,. saying I already had an account.  They loaded it ALL when I was at work. took  a few hours.. I left work.. picked it up. and it had to be hooked up and it was all on.  
  Like I said. if I can get the hang now of this media center when I have time.. I will be  happy..lol
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.