March 28, 2024, 05:43:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas #1 1/03/11 - 1/12/11  (Read 387387 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: January 07, 2011, 12:43:06 AM »

Thanks

Considering Hailey does have a 16 year old brother ... I speculated that Billie Dunn was at least in her 30's.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2011, 01:28:02 AM »

10pm news with Billie interview

http://www.kwes.com/global/category.asp?c=163304&clipId=&topVideoCatNo=121765&topVideoCatNoB=83259&topVideoCatNoC=182033&topVideoCatNoD=169582&topVideoCatNoE=169586&clipId=5447685&topVideoCatNo=121765&autoStart=true
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2011, 04:40:04 AM »

https://www.bon.state.tx.us/olv/nurserslt.asp

Moms nurse license was revoked in 2008. Wonder why? Mom seems sweet but something is a little off. Can't put my finger on it.

Welcome OCTOBER. 

Indeed, welcome to SM. I am the 'confused one', so to speak and this sure didn't help >>

Quote from: october on January 06, 2011, 11:21:19 PM  dagnabbit....it's almost Christmas again!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: January 07, 2011, 08:00:02 AM »

I am guessing that Billie did not renew her license and when she realized it, she did not have the $1200 to get it reinstated? that would be a shame if that was the case cause she could make a pretty good living on a nurse's wage..I would venture to guess that she is working as a CNA or something like that...
She is sweet and I feel brutally honest with her answers...She really is not trying to make excuses for herself as far as not calling to check on Hailey's whereabouts the night she went missing..She said that she wished that she had now...I really feel sorry for her. a lot of guilt and regrets on her part I would think. the pain of her child missing must be immense..I feel that this mother is very child like in her own way. 

Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #264 on: January 07, 2011, 09:16:44 AM »

Did Mary Beths mom speak to LE about Hailey never being at her house. I wonder how many   times that Hailey said she was sleeping over. If this is the case, where was she?
I would think Mary Beth would know. I hope I read this right. ?????????????
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: January 07, 2011, 09:19:37 AM »

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13800030
video
Internet Helps Spread News of Missing Girl

From a web site set up by friends and loved ones asking the world to help find Hailey Dunn.

"They're really good friends, awesome," Hailey's Aunt, Melinda Salazar, said.

To a local radio station's web site everyone is asking "Where is Hailey Dunn?"

National headliner Nancy Grace asked thousands of her viewers to look out for the teen first on television and now thousands more can view her story on CNN's Web site.

On Facebook, people are reaching out to Hailey's family.

"I've got 150 to 200 people that have added me in the last few week," Salazar said. "I'm posting everything I can find on Facebook, they're posting it. We're calling, sending text messages. Everything we can think of."

More than 7,000 people are following the Find Hailey Dunn Facebook page, and NewsWest9.com has seen more than 5,000 hits on the first story we posted on our website.

So since she went missing over a week ago, thousands, maybe millions have seen her story and her family hopes the word will keep spreading.

"We're not stopping until she's home," Salazar said. "We're not stopping we want her home."

To continue to follow this case and to learn more about Hailey Dunn you can visit the NewsWest 9 Facebook and YouTube pages. We're posting all our coverage on both of those sites

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: January 07, 2011, 09:21:37 AM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/07/texas.missing.cheerleader/
video
Police to focus on woods, river in search for missing teen
January 7, 2011

New York (CNN) -- Investigators and rescue teams will continue their search Friday for a missing 13-year-old Texas girl, focusing near a densely-wooded area and along the Colorado River.

Meanwhile, Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Dunn, told HLN's Nancy Grace that she and her live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, both failed polygraph exams.

Adkins was the last person to see the eighth-grade cheerleader on December 27 at Dunn's home in Colorado City, according to local reports.

Colorado City -- a rural central Texas town -- is about 70 miles west of Abilene, Texas.

Hailey reportedly told Adkins she was going to visit her father and then a friend. Hailey's father, Clint Dunn, says she often came to his home, but did not on that day.

Dunn said she took the polygraph test after she was informed that Adkins had failed.

Woodrow Tripp, a polygraph expert, told Nancy Grace that troubles him.

''That absolutely would cause major problems emotionally as she's administered one. You want to try to minimize that as much as possible.''

Dunn did not say who administered the exam during which she says she was asked if she knew anything about or caused Hailey's disappearance and whether she feared any questions.

The night Hailey vanished, Dunn says she thought her daughter was sleeping over at a friend's house.

Asked why she did not confirm Hailey's location before going to bed that night, Dunn said, ''I just don't have an answer for that. I wish I would have called to tell her goodnight.''

Dunn says police questioned her for more than 10 hours on Wednesday.

She met Adkins on the MySpace social networking site more than two years ago and he moved in with her several months ago.

Initially, police considered Hailey a runaway but the case is now a missing person. However, a Texas Amber Alert has not been issued, reportedly because no one saw Hailey being abducted.

Hailey is 5'1, 120 pounds, has hazel eyes, and brown hair with blond streaks.

When she disappeared, she was wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light-colored short sleeve T-shirt, and pink and white tennis shoes.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #267 on: January 07, 2011, 10:10:21 AM »

About me:
My name is Hailey dunn i live in a small town:colorado city . i have 1 brother and his name is david dunn. my mom is billie ostrander and my dads name is clint dunn, my best friends are: mary beth garcia shirley himphill cassie sutton and kascey miller. i have 2 enemys: savannah williams and devon santana i love all my family and friends and believe that u can not live without either one...................... class="cool chaser">

http://www.myspace.com/cherrychap14

Perhaps the parents were never married and that's why there was no divorce.
The thing that bothers me is that this child gave all this personal information on a web site that was not set to private. That is just asking for bad things to happen. Why was nobody keeping track of her on line activities.

Hi!
Billie said on NG (her first appearance) that there was no computer in the home.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: January 07, 2011, 10:21:17 AM »

Meaning of Failed Polygraphs in Hailey Dunn Case (with video)

They asked if I knew anything about the disappearance of Hailey," said Billie Dunn, the mother of the missing Colorado City teen, on her second appearance on "Nancy Grace."

There she was asked about the polygraph test that she and boyfriend, Shawn Adkins took.

"He took his, I went in, they told me he failed it, I lost it," said Hailey.

She went on to say, "They took me to the courthouse, I took the polygraph test, I failed it."

So what does this mean when both people closely connected to Hailey fail the test?

"If there is a failure or a deception indicated, generally speaking it would indicate the person quite possibly could have some knowledge or involvement in the disappearance of the person," explained Mike Gougler, a polygraph expert

Gougler is not directly involved with this search, and could not speak about the case specifically, but in his experience he says these type of tests can really aid in the investigation.

"When they start running polygraphs early on, they're trying to eliminate people so they can focus their efforts on the most important factor, and that's the safe recovery of the individual that has disappeared."

Gougler says everyone who takes a polygraph is typically told afterwards if they passed or failed, so that's not unusual, but it's unknown if Billie Dunn's claim to know the results of her boyfriend's test will have any impact on this investigation.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328967
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: January 07, 2011, 10:23:18 AM »

Hailey Dunn's Mom Says She, Boyfriend Failed Polygraphs  (with video)

The disappearance of Colorado City 13-year-old Hailey Dunn once again took center stage on HLN's "Nancy Grace" show Thursday evening.
Among the guests were Billie and Clint Dunn, separated parents of Hailey Dunn, and KTAB's Priscilla Luong.

According to Billie Dunn, she was questioned for 10-12 hours on Wednesday night after admittedly failing a polygraph test. Dunn explained the details of the polygraph testing on Thursday night's "Nancy Grace" broadcast.

Dunn also said that her boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, also failed his polygraph test. Since then, Adkins has left Colorado City and is now staying with his grandmother in West Texas. Dunn said she asked Adkins not to come back.

KTAB's Priscilla Luong was told earlier in the day by her sources that Dunn and Adkins failed their polygraphs.

Dunn said investigators asked her if she had caused Hailey's disappearance, and if she was afraid of answering their questions.

Hailey's father, Clint Dunn, has not taken a polygraph yet, and is not scheduled to take one at this time. He says he has volunteered to take a test.

The last portion of the interview centered around Billie Dunn's current boyfriend.

Billie told Nancy Grace she dated Shawn Adkins for two and a half years before they decided to move in together. They were living together for four months before Hailey disappeared.

According to Billie, she met Adkins on Myspace and met him in person about a month later. Hailey was not present when they first met.

Dunn told Nancy Grace that Hailey and Shawn did not get along when they first met, but that their relationship had been improving. Hailey's grandmother, Connie Jones, told KCBD this week that Hailey and Shawn did not have a good relationship.

According to Nancy Grace producers, the show may feature this case again on Monday evening.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328866
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2011, 10:24:24 AM »

Police to focus on woods, river in search for missing teen  (with video)

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/07/texas.missing.cheerleader/index.html
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: January 07, 2011, 10:47:51 AM »

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/additional-searchers-brought

Additional searchers brought in

By Staff
Posted January 7, 2011 - 9:26am

Additional searchers were brought in Thursday evening to canvass neighborhoods near Hailey Dunn's home, according to Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs early Friday morning.

Members of the task force, as well as additional searchers, will re-canvass the neighborhoods on January 7, knocking on doors and re-interviewing people.

There were no results following a helicopter search Thursday of the north eastern part of Colorado City, an area bordered by I-20, Hickory and 17th Streets.

Rumors that Hailey's body was found behind a local store are unfounded.

Nine agencies are currently working on the disappearance of 13-year-old Dunn, including the Secret Service and Child Advisory Center.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2011, 11:21:23 AM »

http://texasequusearch.org/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2011, 12:37:45 PM »

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/polygraphs-unconfirmed

Polygraphs unconfirmed

By Staff
Posted January 7, 2011 - 11:29am

In a press conference this morning, City Manager Pete Kampfer stated that polygraphs results were unconfirmed.

"It is my understanding that they (task force) did not advise whether a person passed or failed," Kampfer said.

Kampfer further stated that  not informing interviewees of the results of their polygraph tests is standard law enforcement procedure and to his knowledge, none of the people involved  had been informed of the results.

DPS Trooper Sparky Dean said three DPS operators and one FBI operator had administered polygraphs. "Information between parties is not even announced on who took the test or who did not," he said. "Even they don't have knowledge of who passed or failed."

Rumors that the investigation has narrowed to persons of interest are also unfounded.

"The investigation has narrowed to the neighborhoods and vicinity of Billie Jean Dunn's home," Kampfer said.

No arrests have been made and all witnesses who have come in for questioning did so voluntarily and were released afterward, according to Dean.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2011, 12:39:47 PM »

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26400628/detail.html

Residents Asked To Join Search For Hailey Dunn In Colorado City

By George Levesque, KTXS News Director
POSTED: 9:51 am CST January 7, 2011
UPDATED: 10:07 am CST January 7, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Residents in Colorado City are being asked to join the search for missing teenager Hailey Dunn.

According to a local radio station, residents are being asked to gather at the Mitchell County Courthouse in Colorado City at 2 p.m. to create search parties.

The residents would join the efforts of 12 law enforcement and missing child agencies, including the FBI, that have combined efforts to work on the case of the missing Colorado Middle School student.

Hailey, 13, has been missing since Dec. 27.

Since the story was first reported on Dec. 29 by KTXS, the case almost daily has received increasing attention – from law enforcement agencies and the media, including two broadcasts on the HLN Network’s “Nancy Grace Show.”

Hailey’s mother, Billie Dunn, said Thursday night that both she and her live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins had failed polygraph tests.

Adkins failed the test first, she said. Then after being told about Adkin’s failure, Billie Dunn said she failed the test also. Both said they had taken medication that may have affected the test results.

Extended family members have made unconfirmed and conflicting statements that other family members have also failed polygraph tests related to the case.

Billie Dunn said she asked Adkins to leave her home because she "didn't know what to think anymore." According to Billie Dunn, Adkins was now staying with his grandmother.

Search helicopters from the Texas Department of Public Safety and billboards along Interstate 20 donated by Lamar Advertising are being used to raise awareness.

Search officials used helicopters, horses and dogs – and even state prison inmates – to search creek beds in Colorado City and the perimeter of the city Wednesday and Thursday.

Hailey was last seen on Dec. 27 when she reportedly told Adkins that she was spending the night with a friend.

However, she never made it to the friend’s house, and the friend has said she didn’t know Hailey was coming – that they hadn’t made plans for her to spend the night.

No statewide Amber Alert has been issued because the case has not met the criteria for issuing such an alert.

State officials have three times refused to issue the Amber Alert, Colorado City officials say, because there is no physical evidence to show that Hailey has been abducted or that she is facing physical harm.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: January 07, 2011, 12:42:52 PM »

IMO everyone local from Kampfer to Trooper Sparky are totally out of their skillset here and really are only doing reactive damage control.  They have never had to deal with a missing child nor the national media.  They need to hand this over to an agency with experience and call in TES.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: January 07, 2011, 12:43:48 PM »

Update on Hailey Dunn search.....

A Search for Hailey Dunn in being planned for today...anyone willing to help is asked to meet at the Colorado City Courthouse at 2pm today. 

As for recent developments, A DPS helicopter was brought in yesterday to assist in the search for 13 year old Hailey Dunn, missing since Monday, Dec. 25th.  Among the areas searched was a brushy area behind Alco and the Sonic Drive Inn.  Lawmen were also seen removing unknown articles from the Dunn residence on Chestnut Street.  Billie Ostrander, Hailey's mom, and Clint Dunn, Hailey's dad were featured again on the Nancy Grace show on HLN last night.  Billie said that her boyfriend Shawn Atkins had failed his polygraph test and that she was told she also failed.  Billie also said she had been questioned by investigators for 10 hours.  She also stated that she did not want Shawn in her house and he has since left.  Hailey's father has not been asked to take a polygraph but stated he is willing to take one. 

http://kvmckaum.blogspot.com/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: January 07, 2011, 12:46:17 PM »

NewsWest 9
Howard County residents have joined the search for Hailey and are using horses and ATVs to search around Moss Lake.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NewsWest-9/
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: January 07, 2011, 12:52:34 PM »

NANCY GRACE
Missing Cheerleader`s Mom and Boyfriend Failed Polygraph
Aired January 6, 2011 - 20:00   ET

NANCY GRACE, HOST: ... Billie Dunn, thanks for being with us. What happened in the polygraph?

BILLIE DUNN: .... The first Friday they had it set up for us to take, we had taken Ativan the night before to go to sleep. They didn`t tell us we couldn`t have anxiety medicine. So when we were able to get it set up again -- Shawn had actually called them and asked them if he could come down and take it yet, and they said yes. They came, picked him up. He took his. I went in. They told me he failed it. I lost it, of course. Then they took me over to the courthouse. I took a polygraph test. I failed it.

<snipped>

GRACE: Let me ask you this, Billie Dunn. Where is your boyfriend?

BILLIE DUNN: He went back to his grandma`s house.

GRACE: Why?

BILLIE DUNN: As soon as I found out he failed the test, I told him I didn`t want him back at my house. And now I don`t know what to think anymore. I would just rather he stay there until she comes home or they find her and we clear this up.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: January 07, 2011, 01:03:24 PM »

NewsWest 9
Howard County residents have joined the search for Hailey and are using horses and ATVs to search around Moss Lake.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NewsWest-9/

Moss Lake in Howard County is 33 miles away to the west on I- 20.

"The investigation has narrowed to the neighborhoods and vicinity of Billie Jean Dunn's home," Kampfer said.

Moss Lake is not in the vicinity of Billie's house.  This gets more and more confusing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.