March 28, 2024, 02:07:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas #1 1/03/11 - 1/12/11  (Read 387362 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 08:21:39 PM »

Is it just me or does the mom and BF (on NG now) seem not that upset? Maybe I am just a cynic, but neither look upset much less distraught? WTH??????

agreed...weird acting..but that is the bio dad from what NG said..and my opinion is that he is verrry angry..possibly at mom or the boyfriend..jmo...

last night mom first said that boyfriend had been at work, now she says that she never said that but she did..I heard it..pretty sure..or did she say that he got home around 3? anyways..don't believe it..the boyfriend had all day to do something with this child...Mom is very naive and not very bright seems to me...boyfriend, boyfriend, boyfriend...will eat my words if I am wrong..hope that she did just take off with friends but I don't think so...

Makes you wonder if he did go to work, got fired and took his anger out on the child......just a theory but way too many huge inconstiencies, I can see forgetting small details but these are HUGE IMO. I feel the same way as kids do get snatched but even with the mom being naive, she should still be showing far more emotion, and yeah the BF looks really hinky. When in the world are parents going to out their children FIRST, a PRIORITY and not their damn love life, grrrrrr

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 08:24:13 PM »

the guy on NG is the bio dad..not the boyfriend..

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 08:58:31 PM »

Ok, my bad......which one said he went to work and got into it? Was that the bio or the BF?

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 09:09:13 PM »

Ok, my bad......which one said he went to work and got into it? Was that the bio or the BF?

the mother said that her boyfriend had been at work, got home around 3 and saw Hailey then..today she said that she had not said that..that boyfriend had been at his mothers all day...then she said that he had gone to work but got into an argument and left and went to his mothers for the day...
Mom didn't have anything to do with her daughter going missing in my opinion, but I think that bio dad may suspect boyfriend and that is why he looked so angry...I think boyfriend has some explaining..jmo

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 09:13:45 PM »

Last nights NG transcripts regarding Hailey
<snipped by me>

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Thirteen-year-old Hailey Dunn is missing.

BILLIE DUNN, MOM OF MISSING TEEN CHEERLEADER, HAILEY DUNN: I have to have her back.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Police desperately trying to find the 8th grader after she leaves her home to walk over to a friend`s house where she was supposed to have a sleepover, but Hailey never arrives.

DUNN: We love her. We all need her back.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Friends and family grow increasingly concerned. And are asking anyone to be on the lookout to bring their little girl home.

DUNN: Somebody took her. She`s mine and Clint`s daughter. God gave her to us. We want her back. Somebody took her. She`s mine and Clint`s daughter. God gave her to us and we want her back.

I want her to know that I have to have her back. Her dad has to have her back. We`re torn up.

(END OF VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: A 13-year-old cheerleader leaves in broad daylight from her own home to walk down the street to a little friend`s sleepover. Reminds me a lot of the Carlie Brucia case out of Florida. She`s never seen again.

Take a look at 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. Absolutely precious. Where is Hailey?

Out to Michael Board, WOAI Newsradio. Michael, what you can tell us?

MICHAEL BOARD, REPORTER, WOAI NEWSRADIO: She was last seen a week ago, Nancy. It`s been a week since anybody has seen this beautiful little 13-year-old girl. About 3:00 last Monday, it`s the last time anybody ever saw her alive.

There`s no sign of what happened to her, no sign that she was going anywhere. She didn`t take anything with her when she left her house. No sign of what happened to this girl.

GRACE: Joining me right now is Hailey`s mother. This is Billie Dunn joining us from Dunn, Texas.

Miss Dunn, thank you for being with us.

DUNN: Thank you for having me on the show.

GRACE: Number one --

DUNN: And I really appreciate your media attention.

GRACE: Yes, ma`am. Number one, we are praying.

DUNN: Thank you so much.

GRACE
: And when we look at the photo, the tip line is 325-728-5294. There`s a $10,000 reward. Help us find Hailey.

Miss Dunn, how far did she have to go to get to the little sleepover?

DUNN: Four to five blocks. It wasn`t rare for Hailey to walk a short distance during daylight. She wasn`t allowed out after dark especially to walk, but she only had four to five blocks to go.

GRACE: Tell me what happened the day she went missing, Miss Dunn.

DUNN: She went missing on Monday while I was at work. My boyfriend - - he came home from work about 3:00 -- or he got to my house about 3:00. And he`s seen Hailey. Hailey was there. She told him, I`m running across the street to my dad`s house for a few minutes but I`m going Mary Beth`s, and I`m staying the night there. Let my mom know.

So that evening when he picked me up from work, we got home, we were getting ready for bed. I didn`t get worried when I hadn`t heard from Hailey. I thought she was at Mary Beth`s. I was kind of upset that she didn`t call and confirm it with me, but not worried at that point.

Tuesday, I was at work again, I left my cell phone at home for my kids to use when I`m working. So Tuesday, I called my son. I said tell Hailey text the little girl, her friend, tell Hailey she needs to go ahead and get home. This was around lunch. My son called me back within a few minutes and she said, mom, she said Hailey never made it over there. She never spent the night.

So at that point I called Hailey`s dad and found out she didn`t over there and she didn`t stay the night with him. I left from work and went to the police station in Colorado City and reported her missing.

GRACE: Everyone, you are seeing pictures of a 13-year-old little cheerleader who by all accounts leaves home to go four to six blocks to a sleepover with a friend. She never makes it.

Now this would have been, Miss Dunn, the Tuesday following Christmas on Saturday?

DUNN: Right. She was last seen the 27th.

GRACE: And your boyfriend says what time was it she left the home?

DUNN: Right around 3:15.

GRACE: Did she have a cell phone?

DUNN: No, she didn`t have her own cell phone.

GRACE: Does she go online?

DUNN: Yes, she has a Facebook.

GRACE
: Have the police looked at her Facebook account?

DUNN: They have. I know investigators are still doing a lot. It doesn`t look like -- they`re not sure if Hailey`s logged in any. We`re going to talk with investigators again tonight. They finally got some Texas rangers involved just barely yesterday, six days later. So we do finally have the Texas rangers help. And that makes me feel a lot better.

GRACE
: Thank god for that.

DUNN
: Right.

GRACE: So this is the Tuesday afternoon after Christmas. Let me ask you this. Did anyone see her other than your boyfriend that day?

DUNN: There were some people came forward, a neighbor saw her around lunchtime on Tuesday out in my backyard talking on the cell phone.

GRACE: Talking on what cell phone?

DUNN: I mean Monday, I`m sorry.

GRACE: Talking on what cell phone?

DUNN: On my cell phone.

GRACE: OK --

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: Well, that was Monday. Didn`t she go missing on Tuesday?

DUNN: No, I reported her missing Tuesday. That`s when I realized she didn`t make it to the friend`s house.

GRACE: Now I thought you were at work. Why was your cell phone at home?

DUNN: Because I left it there for my children.

GRACE: OK. So she goes missing Monday. You report it Tuesday after Christmas.

DUNN: Right.

GRACE: OK. So I know she`s alive at lunchtime. I know she`s fine, she`s at home. The boyfriend comes home at what time, did you say, around 3:00?

DUNN: Yes, ma`am.

GRACE: So 3:00. Between 12:00 and 3:00, did anybody see her beside the boyfriend?

DUNN: Just my next-door neighbor.

GRACE: OK. And that was at noon.

DUNN: Yes.

GRACE: Did anyone see her out walking at all? Can we confirm that she was out walking to the friend`s house?

DUNN: No.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Hailey`s supposed to walk over a friend`s house but never arrives. She`s never been seen since.

DUNN: Several leads and they say they`re checking into all of them. But they keep hitting dead ends.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER
: Hailey, 5`1", 120 pounds with pierced ears. Last seen wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored short sleeve t- shirt and pink and white shoes.

(END OF VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Thirteen-year-old Hailey Dunn left home to walk over to a friend`s house for a sleepover, but Hailey never makes it. The 8th grade cheerleader, never seen or heard from again. Just how does a popular, smart student simply vanish? The reward climbing to $10,000. Police asking for your help.

(END OF VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: We are taking your calls. Out to Susan in Kentucky. Hi, Susan.

SUSAN, CALLER FROM KENTUCKY: Hi, Nancy. How are you tonight?

GRACE: I`m good, dear.

SUSAN: Great. My heart goes out to the Cornwell family and also to Hailey`s family. My question is Hailey`s case, is -- have the police already talked to other students?

GRACE: Good question. What about it, Billie Dunn?

SUSAN: You know, maybe someone has --

DUNN: We have, and since the Texas rangers came in today, they`re starting re-questioning. They`re starting from the top.

GRACE: Let`s go to Marc Klaas, president and founder of KlaasKids Foundation.

What do we do, Marc?

KLAAS: Well, first of all, the local police chief suggested that the evidence indicates that she ran away. As far as I can tell, there`s absolutely no evidence. So I really don`t know how he can say that.

That is an `80s, mid-`90s answer to a very relevant question today, what is happening to our little girls?

GRACE: Look. Look, Marc. Marc, look at the sex offenders in this area. This girl did not run away.

KLAAS: Listen, this case reminds me of others. Lindsey Baum, Ashley Pond, Amanda Ghettis (ph), three girls who left home to go from point A to point B, that never got to point B. In the case of the first -- in the case of Amanda and Ashley, it was a local pervert who had kidnapped and murdered the children.

In the case of Lindsey Baum it still has not been solved. They still say it might be a runaway. I don`t believe it in any of these cases.

GRACE: Tip line 325-728-5294. Where is Hailey?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/03/ng.01.html

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 09:14:36 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/findhaileydunn?v=wall

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 09:17:44 PM »

I hope that this little girl is ok...praying and hoping really really hard...

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 10:08:27 PM »

Red flags went up for me when I heard Hailey's mom say her boyfriend got into a fight at work that day and left early. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 10:24:36 PM »

I don't think mom knew the boyfriend got fired (or walked off after a fight) from his job on Monday until AFTER she'd said he'd come home from work around 3pm on Nancy's show.

Big red flag, imo.  He's been lying to mom. 

She did admit saying it, and then she said "I know now" that he'd left his job by 6:30am and went to his mothers house.  She said his mother has confirmed that he was there all day.

I think mom knows she's been lied to by BF, and there's a big hinkey stinkey going on IMO.

BF has agreed to take a polygraph, it's scheduled for in the morning.

Did Haley know what happened at his job that day?   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 10:30:44 PM »

Since police are checking the cell phones of mom (that Haley had that day) and boyfriend, they should know by now if they communicated that day.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 10:36:45 PM »

On the previous page Cartfly posted BF's My Space. Read his 1st blog entry ( I can't bring it over due to the language ) Is this someone you would want around your daughter ?

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 10:38:00 PM »

Red flags went up for me when I heard Hailey's mom say her boyfriend got into a fight at work that day and left early. 
For me too, Fanny
Boyfriend is key here. I agree Mom is naive but she seems exhausted. I think Bio Dad and Mom are scared and frustrated, jmo. Boyfriend should have been poly'd first day.
I would like to see the FBI down there and perhaps Tim Miller and his search team. Where are the search parties?

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 11:44:41 PM »

This was the "gist" on NG tonight for those who missed it.

Bloodhounds Track Dunn's Scent to Colorado City Motel

Reported by: Austin Kellerman
Tuesday, January 04 2011

Bloodhounds have been brought in during the search for missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn of Colorado City, according to Dunn's mother.

According to the Nance Grace program on "HLN," bloodhounds were able to track Hailey's scent from her neighborhood to the nearby Western Suites, 2233 Vine Street.

Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, confirmed that dogs were brought in and indeed tracked Hailey's scent to the hotel. Local authorities have not yet confirmed this information to the news media, according to KTAB's Priscilla Luong.

Dunn told the program that law enforcement was in the process of reviewing surveillance video from the motel.

Hailey's mother also says authorities told her that someone claims to have spotted her daughter, Hailey's friend "Mary Beth," and a boy she didn't recognize Monday evening in town. Hailey's last confirmed sighting was by her mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, at 3 p.m. Monday.

Dunn also told Nancy Grace both her and her boyfriend's cell phones were seized by authorities in hopes of tracking any calls that Hailey might have made.

Mark Klaas, founder of Klasskids, said the search for Hailey has been "horribly mismanaged." Klaas said Billie Dunn's boyfriend needs to march into the police stations and demand to receive a polygraph test.

According to Billie Dunn, Shawn Adkins is set up to take a polygraph test Wednesday morning.

New information was also revealed during the program about what Adkins did prior to Hailey's disappearance. Billie Dunn says Adkins was involved in a "blow up" at work Monday morning and was then released from his job.

During the epsiode, Grace and her panelists seemed to point the finger at Adkins. Earlier in the day, Adkins told KTAB's Priscilla Luong he'd never hurt the child.

"I could never harm Hailey," said Adkins. "I just want her to come home."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328186 

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 12:12:23 AM »

Texas Rangers and national media now involved in search for missing teen

Posted: Jan 04, 2011 8:21 AM CST Updated: Jan 04, 2011 10:34 PM CST

By Alex Butler - email
and  Michael Slother - email

COLORADO CITY, TX (KCBD) - The search continues for a missing Colorado City girl. Texas Rangers and national media are now involved in the hunt for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. She has been missing for more than a week.

Authorities were initially considering this a possible runaway case. Yesterday Colorado City police held a press conference and said that they were now considering Hailey a missing person.

Colorado City police, Mitchell County Sheriffs, Snyder police and Texas Rangers are all involved in the investigation.

Dunn was last seen leaving her house on December 27th around 3 p.m. Her mother's boyfriend Shawn Adkins said she was headed to her father's house and then to her friend Mary Beth's home just 5 blocks away. She never made it.

Authorities have been in meetings for the last two days following leads to get answers on what happened to the young girl.

"Texas Rangers are finally involved. I'm very happy about that, and I hope Colorado City Police Department isn't too proud to accept help from larger cities who may have some more experience or can give some insight, can come in and take a look and see that maybe, just anything simple hadn't been done yet," said Hailey's mother Billie Jean.

Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer told us both Hailey's father and friend Mary Beth said they weren't expecting a visit from Hailey. Police have not named any suspects as of Tuesday.

Hailey Dunn disappeared without a trace until bloodhounds searched the area. Officials say the dogs picked up her scent near the Western Suites off Interstate 20. Even though the dogs responded strongly to the area, there was no sign of Hailey. She was last seen with her mother's boyfriend.

Investigators say Hailey's mother's boyfriend could not take a polygraph because he was on prescription drugs. Billie Jean told Nancy Grace that her boyfriend, Adkins, would take a polygraph test Wednesday morning.

A $10,000 reward was raised to $25,000 for any information that will lead to Hailey's safe return.

Authorities in Colorado City requested an amber alert to be issued in the case but were denied 3 times for failing to meet the criteria. Kampfer said the missing criteria included: knowledge of a suspect, location of the abduction, description of a vehicle, and route or direction of travel.

Hailey's friends spoke out to television station KTSX in Abilene. One friend held back tears and said it was "hurtful, painful. We just want her home. She was my best friend." Another said, "I hope she comes home safely. Her Mom and Dad miss her, and so do we."

Hailey Dunn is 13 years old and weighs about 120 pounds. She has hazel eyes and brown hair. She was last seen wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored t-shirt, and pink and white tennis shoes.

If you have any information about her whereabouts, please call the Colorado City police at (325)-728-5294.
http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13779246 

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 01:19:21 AM »

Texas Rangers Get Involved In Hunt For Missing Colorado City Teen
By Jacqueline Hince, KTXS News

POSTED: 8:00 pm CST January 3, 2011

UPDATED: 8:33 pm CST January 3, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Texas Rangers and national media are now involved in the hunt for a Colorado City teen, who's been missing since December 27th.

Monday, Rangers met with Colorado City Police and the Mitchell County Sheriff for hours.

Though they're pretty tight lipped about the investigation they did issue a generic statement that they are investigating Hailey Darlene Dunn's disappearance as a missing person.

She was last seen December 27th, after telling her mother's boyfriend she planned to spend the night at a friends.

KTXS talked to that friend who said she had no idea Hailey was coming over.

((((respectfully snipped for space))))

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26358328/detail.html 
((((respectfully snipped for space)))) Ok, here they're saying the friend didnt know, but this is the only time I've seen this so far.  Then we have the article below posted by , ((((again respectfully snipped for space & BBM))))
Bloodhounds Track Dunn's Scent to Colorado City Motel

Reported by: Austin Kellerman
Tuesday, January 04 2011

Bloodhounds have been brought in during the search for missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn of Colorado City, according to Dunn's mother.

According to the Nance Grace program on "HLN," bloodhounds were able to track Hailey's scent from her neighborhood to the nearby Western Suites, 2233 Vine Street.

Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, confirmed that dogs were brought in and indeed tracked Hailey's scent to the hotel. Local authorities have not yet confirmed this information to the news media, according to KTAB's Priscilla Luong.

Dunn told the program that law enforcement was in the process of reviewing surveillance video from the motel.

Hailey's mother also says authorities told her that someone claims to have spotted her daughter, Hailey's friend "Mary Beth," and a boy she didn't recognize Monday evening in town. Hailey's last confirmed sighting was by her mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, at 3 p.m. Monday.

Dunn also told Nancy Grace both her and her boyfriend's cell phones were seized by authorities in hopes of tracking any calls that Hailey might have made.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328186 
To me it seems like this is saying a woman is the witness, which would make her the last person to see Hailey and not the BF.  Additionally, if this is to be believed then Mary Beth would be lying, but to what end.  I tend to be overly suspicious, but I'd love to know the connection between that eyewitness and the BF. 
southrngrl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2011, 03:17:34 AM »

Does anyone know or have heard that SA mom's BF possibly has already taken the poly and it was inconclusive{supposedly because of prescription meds}..and that he is supposed to Re-Tested tomorrow?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 06:39:31 AM »

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/04/hed-help-herey-hed-help-herey/
Authorities explain why no Amber Alert issued for missing Colorado City teen
January 4, 2010

When to issue an Amber Alert

Each state AMBER Alert plan has its own criteria for issuing AMBER Alerts. The PROTECT Act, passed in 2003, which established the role of AMBER Alert Coordinator within the Department of Justice (DOJ), calls for DOJ to issue minimum standards or guidelines for AMBER Alerts that states can adopt voluntarily. DOJ’s guidance on criteria for issuing AMBER Alerts is:

- Law enforcement must confirm that an abduction has taken place.

- The child is at risk of serious injury or death.

- There is sufficient descriptive information of child, captor, or captor’s vehicle to issue an alert.

- The child must be 17 years old or younger.

Most state’s guidelines adhere closely to DOJ’s recommended guidelines

Source: www.amberalert.gov

COLORADO CITY — The Colorado City police chief said his department has attempted three times to get an Amber Alert issued for Hailey Dunn, a 13-year-old middle school student who was reported missing Dec. 28, but the requests have been denied.

“In each of the three requests, we’ve been told that there is not enough information currently available about Hailey’s disappearance to issue an Amber Alert,” Police Chief John Bivens said. “The minimum standard for creating an Amber Alert is knowledge of a suspect, a description of a vehicle involved in an abduction, and/or a route and direction of travel.”

Bivens said the department will continue to pursue issuance of an alert with each new piece of evidence uncovered.

On Friday, bloodhounds were taken to the six motels in Colorado City. At Western Suites, which is located at 2233 Vine Street and is adjacent to Interstate 20 and near the Dunn home, the dogs picked up on Dunn’s scent in the parking lot, City Manager Pete Kampfer said Tuesday night.

The scent led to a door of a ground-floor room at the two-level motel that opened in July, he said, but there the trail stopped. A search of the 24 suites produced no other evidence, he said.

Cristie Roye, manager of Western Suites, said police studied surveillance tapes but did not see the missing teen. Motel staff, she said, did not recall seeing the teenager, either.

A copy of the missing person flyer distributed throughout the city was posted on the office door.

Kampfer also said Tuesday that the reward for information leading to the whereabouts of the teenager had grown past $10,000 but has not yet reached the $25,000 figure that was prematurely announced earlier in the day.

Dunn’s disappearance was featured Tuesday on the television show “Nancy Grace.”

The city issued a news release Tuesday stating that the police department is working alongside the Texas Rangers, the Mitchell County Sheriff’s Office, staff from the office of 32nd District Attorney Ann Reed, and other law enforcement departments in the region. The news release also said the department has done so since “shortly after the start of their initial work on the case.”

“From the start, our department and our colleagues from the other law enforcement and judicial agencies that have joined our effort have treated Hailey’s case as one of a missing person,” Kampfer said. “We’ve made no assumptions as to what occurred, intentionally focusing on rapidly collecting facts and using these facts to guide our work.”

He said that in the early stages of the investigation, alerts were distributed to both the National Crime Information Center and Texas Crime Information Center systems, which are computer networks established to link law enforcement personnel across the country and state. They also transmitted the missing person report through COPsync, a system that connects law enforcement officials in the region.

“We’re applying all the personnel and other resources necessary and appropriate to our work in finding Hailey, with no plans of letting up,” Kampfer continued. “This is a night-and-day endeavor for us all.”

Hailey’s mother, Billie Dunn, said she reported Hailey missing when she determined the teenager had not spent the night at a friend’s house. Hailey Dunn reportedly had told Billie Dunn’s boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, who lives in the home, of her destination.

Billie Dunn has said she doesn’t believe her daughter would run away, but hopes she has and is simply scared to come home.

Local law enforcement officials have conducted investigations of people and places in the immediate area of Hailey Dunn’s home, including all registered sex offenders in the city, according to Kampfer.

Meanwhile, school will resume Thursday for students at Colorado Middle School, where Dunn is enrolled as an eighth-grader.

“She is well liked by students and staff,” said Principal Mark Merrell, mentioning Hailey Dunn’s bubbly personality.

Her American history teacher, Andra Maxwell, said the teen made good grades and participated in many activities, “anything she could get involved in.” She is a member of the band, a cheerleader and a member of the volleyball team, Maxwell and Merrell said.

“She is a very important part of the student body,” Maxwell said of the missing teen. “She is a ray of sunshine. She really is.”

Maxwell said teachers and staff at the school were concerned about the teen’s well-being and about her family.

“Everyone is concerned here, and we’re doing everything we can to help,” she said.

Anyone with information on Hailey Dunn’s disappearance should call the Colorado City Police Department at 325-728-5294.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 08:19:31 AM »

In my opinion, an amber alert should be issued for ANY missing child..what is the harm in getting the word out about a child missing an hour or a day???? someone could see the picture of the child and it could be crucial in the first hours!!

The mom on the NG show  said that she had not spoken to Mary Beth about Hailey being with her and the boyfriend that the eye witness said that she saw..the eye witness did not recognize the boyfriend..I thought that is what I heard anyways..I wondered at the time why Mom did not question Mary Beth as this could be a very important lead as to who saw Hailey last (Mary Beth and a boy)and who was the boy with Mary Beth and Hailey...
I think that the mom and dad are hurting badly and are not involved in Hailey's disappearance...The father seemed like he wanted to beat the heck outta someone to get some answers as to where his little girl is and I think I know who his anger was directed at...the boyfriend...jmo...
The father said that Hailey came over to see him every day, except the day that she disappeared....how sad!!!

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 09:57:07 AM »

If Hailey's scent was followed by the hounds to this hotel, could they get the hounds to follow the BF scent and see if it leads to the same place?  Could they do that?
LynneinMd.
Scared Monkey

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 12:52:20 PM »

If Hailey's scent was followed by the hounds to this hotel, could they get the hounds to follow the BF scent and see if it leads to the same place?  Could they do that?

That makes sense to me because the dog handler on NG said the dogs can even figure out backtracking.  I just don't understand the mother not questioning Mary Beth more.  If a witness actually saw the 3 after dark, then the boyfriend is in the clear and not the last person to see Hailey.  Who is this witness and who is the boy she didn't recognize?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.