March 28, 2024, 01:06:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas #1 1/03/11 - 1/12/11  (Read 387423 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2011, 12:59:05 PM »

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23222
Search for Missing Colorado City Teen Continues 1/05/11
January 5, 2011

Colorado City - Texas Rangers, sheriff deputies, police and your average citizen are all searching for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn who has been missing for 10 days now.

Police are considering Hailey a missing person and according to CNN's Nancy Grace, Hailey's mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, will be taking a polygraph exam this morning, but police have not released any suspects at this time. Investigators had said earlier that he could not take a polygraph because of prescription drugs.

The current reward for information leading to Hailey being returned home has been raised to $25,000.

Back on December 27th, Adkins had said Hailey was heading to her father's house and then to her friend Mary Beth's house. Police say neither the father nor Mary Beth said they were expecting a visit from Hailey.

Three times, the Colorado City authorities have been requesting an Amber Alert, but have been denied three times for failing to meet the criteria.

The four criteria for an Amber Alert to be issued in Texas are:
1. The child must be 17-year-old or younger, his or her whereabouts are unknown and the disappearance has been determined to be unwilling which poses a credible threat to a child's safety and health.
· If abducted by a parent or legal guardian, if the abduction happened in the course of an attempted murder or murder?
· If the child is 13 years old or younger, who was taken (willingly or unwillingly) without permission from the care and custody of a parent or legal guardian, by:
· Someone unrelated and more than three years older, another parent or legal guardian who attempted or committed murder at the time of the abduction?

2. The child is in immediate danger of sexual assault, death or serious bodily injury.

3. A preliminary investigation verified the abduction and eliminated alternative explanations for the child’s disappearance.

4. Is sufficient information available to disseminate to the public to help such as a description of the child, the captor or the captor's vehicle as well as route or direction of travel.

Hailey is 13 years old, 120 pounds with hazel eyes and brown hair.

She was last seen wearing navy blue sweatpants, a light colored t-shirt and pink and white tennis shoes.

If you have any information about her whereabouts, please call the Colorado City police at (325)-728-5294.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
WillenFan21
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2011, 01:12:08 PM »

I've wondered about Hailey's friend's story but my suspicion has always been on the boyfriend just because he was the last one to see her and his story just at the time it didn't add up. After watching Nancy Grace tonight and hearing that the boyfriend is being polyed tomorrow and the things that Hailey's mom was saying about the friend I'm back at square one. My suspicion is back on the friend and I agree 110% with Susan Moss that they need hone in on that area. Something is NOT adding up there.

I know that the boyfriend seems hinky and everything and I totally get why people might suspect him but I just don't know. Giving the facts we have there are more hinky things with the friends story than the boyfriends. The only thing that was off about the boyfriends story is the working situation and that was it.

This case started over with the story of Hailey staying overnight at the friends house. Family of Hailey have that she'd never act out and that she was good in school etc. Why would this girl who everyone is saying is a good kid lie about where she was going? This is why I think something is hinky with MB the friend of Hailey. She claims Hailey never showed up there yet Hailey's scent was on HER doorstep! This is credible we KNOW that this is credible that her scent was led to the friends house.

Now we have in my opinion a credible siting by someone who KNOWS Hailey and KNOWS Hailey's friend MB that saw them on Monday evening up on that road. All three Hailey, MB, and MBs boyfriend were seen by someone who knows them personally. This isn't someone who just came upon the case and is thinking they saw them this someone who knows them personally! JMO but that speaks volume.

I think they need to search the friends house or something because something is not right. Why not take the greyhound dogs and get the scent of the friend and the friends boyfriend to see if their scent leads to that motel? Has MB's boyfriend been checked into and how old is MB's boyfriend? Where were they going that night that they were out that late? Did something happen to Hailey like she went missing or something when she was with them and the kids freaked out? Something is NOT right with that friend.

!~*Mar*~!

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2011, 01:25:04 PM »

boyfriend myspace......I don't like him

http://www.myspace.com/adkinsshawn 

What's a thirteen yr old girl doing hanging with a guy with thoughts like that. I wonder if the "Relax, relax" post was in reference to Hailey..

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2011, 01:32:33 PM »

What's a thirteen yr old girl doing hanging with a guy with thoughts like that. I wonder if the "Relax, relax" post was in reference to Hailey..

I believe this is the Mom's boyfriend...not the girls.  Right?  Perhaps we should refer the Mom's boyfriend by his initials to avoid confusion.
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2011, 01:35:31 PM »

I've wondered about Hailey's friend's story but my suspicion has always been on the boyfriend just because he was the last one to see her and his story just at the time it didn't add up. After watching Nancy Grace tonight and hearing that the boyfriend is being polyed tomorrow and the things that Hailey's mom was saying about the friend I'm back at square one. My suspicion is back on the friend and I agree 110% with Susan Moss that they need hone in on that area. Something is NOT adding up there.

I know that the boyfriend seems hinky and everything and I totally get why people might suspect him but I just don't know. Giving the facts we have there are more hinky things with the friends story than the boyfriends. The only thing that was off about the boyfriends story is the working situation and that was it.

This case started over with the story of Hailey staying overnight at the friends house. Family of Hailey have that she'd never act out and that she was good in school etc. Why would this girl who everyone is saying is a good kid lie about where she was going? This is why I think something is hinky with MB the friend of Hailey. She claims Hailey never showed up there yet Hailey's scent was on HER doorstep! This is credible we KNOW that this is credible that her scent was led to the friends house.

Now we have in my opinion a credible siting by someone who KNOWS Hailey and KNOWS Hailey's friend MB that saw them on Monday evening up on that road. All three Hailey, MB, and MBs boyfriend were seen by someone who knows them personally. This isn't someone who just came upon the case and is thinking they saw them this someone who knows them personally! JMO but that speaks volume.

I think they need to search the friends house or something because something is not right. Why not take the greyhound dogs and get the scent of the friend and the friends boyfriend to see if their scent leads to that motel? Has MB's boyfriend been checked into and how old is MB's boyfriend? Where were they going that night that they were out that late? Did something happen to Hailey like she went missing or something when she was with them and the kids freaked out? Something is NOT right with that friend.
ITA.  I think tere is still A LOT to be reviewed by LE here.  The witness who obviously knew who Hailey and MB were, saw them and their account needs to be looked over thoroughly.  Also...I haven't heard any mention whether friends of Hailey's have stated whether SHE had a boyfriend or not?  Or someone she was interested in that she might have gone off with.  I just wonder if maybe she told her mom she was going to a friends house but really went to meet a boy somewhere?  You never know.  JMO
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2011, 02:47:16 PM »

Hailey Dunn's Home Being Searched; Polygraph Has Been Administered To Boyfriend
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26377567/detail.html

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Officials in Colorado City are continuing their efforts to discover evidence related to the disappearance of 13-year-old Colorado Middle School student Hailey Dunn.

Officials confirmed Wednesday that Shawn Adkins, the boyfriend of Hailey’s mother, has been administered a polygraph test. He was reportedly the last person who saw Hailey before she disappeared on Dec. 27.

Officials also confirmed that Hailey’s home is being searched Wednesday for any clues that may have been missed earlier.

The search was being conducted by the Texas Rangers, who searched the home and spent 10 minutes in an outdoor storage shed.

Hailey was last seen on Dec. 27 when she reportedly told Adkins that she was spending the night with a friend.

However, she never made it to the friend’s house, and the friend has since told KTXS News that she didn’t know Hailey was coming – that they hadn’t made plans for her to spend the night.

Hailey’s mother, Billie Dunn, has said her daughter may have spoken to friends on Dec. 27 after her last reported sighting.

According to the “Nancy Grace” television show, aired Tuesday night, bloodhounds have been used and possibly tracked Hailey’s scent to a local motel – although a search of the motel and review of the motel security videotaped apparently revealed no other evidence.

No statewide Amber Alert has been issued because the case has not met the criteria for issuing such an alert.

State officials have three times refused to issue the Amber Alert, Colorado City officials say, because there is no physical evidence to show that Hailey has been abducted or that she is facing physical harm.

A reward for Hailey’s return has now grown to $25,000.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2011, 03:55:13 PM »

For those that may not be familiar with the Texas Rangers (and NOT the baseball team  ) that are involved in the investigation and are searching Haily Dunn's home:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/TexasRangers/
Texas Rangers

The Texas Ranger Division is a major division within the Texas Department of Public Safety with lead criminal investigative responsibility for the following: major incident crime investigations, unsolved crime/serial crime investigations, public corruption investigations, officer involved shooting investigations, and border security operations. The Texas Ranger Division is comprised of 144 commissioned Rangers, 24 non-commissioned administrative support personnel, 1 budget analyst and 1 forensic artist, totaling 170 full time employees.

The Texas Ranger Division is currently in the process of creating a Public Corruption Unit in response to legislation passed during the 81st Legislative session. The Ranger Division has also been tasked with management oversight of the department's full-time SWAT Team, proposed regional Special Response Teams (SRT's), and the department’s Crisis Negotiations Unit. The Texas Rangers currently coordinate border security operations through six (6) Ranger Staff Lieutenants assigned to six (6) Joint Operations and Intelligence Centers (JOICs) along the Texas- Mexico border and Coastal Bend area of the state.

In 2009, a total of 4,364 investigations resulted in 1610 felony arrests, 133 misdemeanor arrests. The Texas Rangers executed 490 search warrants and secured 4,056 statements-including 553 confessions to various crimes. Rangers recovered stolen property valued at $1,819,926 and seized contraband valued at $3,997,226. There were 1,634 convictions for various crimes investigated that resulted in 7 death sentences, 52 life sentences and a total of 9,087 years in penitentiary time being assessed. Rangers served 189 subpoenas and 25 warrants. Rangers conducted 8 hypnosis sessions on criminal investigations.
(Texas Ranger Link's listed at left side in article)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2011, 04:00:17 PM »

I agree Fannie....
I just don't get why some mothers allow a "grown" man alone with their teenage daughters.
And I don't get why he needed to go to Hailey's Mom's house if she was at work if he didn't live there.
 The myspace (SA's) just sort of creeped me out too. I understand some post could be older but the "thoughts" there are dark.

Shawn also posted something creepy/odd on a "Tyler Adkins" myspace page too:

"Shawn Adkins: I have, indeed, no abhorrence of danger, except in its absolute effect - in terror...
161 days ago"

http://www.myspace.com/324033519/comments

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2011, 04:13:08 PM »

Boyfriends name "Shawn Adkins" as per the following video report. I will keep my comments to my self regarding the video until more is know.

http://www.ktxs.com/video/26358113/index.html 

In this video, I'm pretty sure it says SA is BILLIE's boyfriend.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2011, 04:30:58 PM »

http://pollydad.viviti.com/entries/crime-and-punishment/dispatch-where-is-hailey-dunn

Marc Klaas's Blog

Posted January 5, 2011

Until Jan. 3, a week after she disappeared on December 27, 13-year-old Colorado City, TX middle school cheerleader Hailey Dunn was classified as a runaway. Police Chief John Bevins declaration has been parroted by local media, most notably local radio station owner Jim Baum, who told the local NBC affiliate, "To tell you the truth, this is the first time, and I've been here 30 years, that we've had a runaway like this. It's so uncommon”. Calling a missing child a runaway has always been law enforcement’s fallback position. It allows them to defer responsibility and puts the onus of recovery on the shoulders of the family, because runaways are considered a family issue. This action also reflects an exaggerated and distorted sense of what is happening to America’s children. 

A child who seemingly disappears off the face of the earth deserves our attention, not our indifference. Like Ashley Pond, Miranda Gaddis, and Lindsey Baum before her Hailey stepped out of her front door and vanished. She was headed, first to her dad’s house across the street from where she lived with her mom, and then to a girlfriends home to spend the night. She never arrived. 

In McCleary, Washington ten-year-old Lindsey Baum was walking home from her girlfriend’s house on June 26, 2009 and is still missing.  In 2002, on January 9, Oregon City, Oregon resident, twelve-year-old Ashley Pond disappeared after leaving for school. Her friend and schoolmate thirteen-year-old Miranda Gaddis vanished from the same location two months later, on May 8. Neighbor Ward Weaver was arrested on August 13. Ashley’s body was found buried under a concrete slab in Weaver’s back yard. Miranda was found in a box in his tool shed. Like his father before him, Ward Weaver sits on death row awaiting an execution that will never occur.

Hailey Dunn’s family, friends, school, teachers and other kids parents are the only thing that given this case traction. They took a stand and said, “Not in our community.” A temporary search center was established at the Colorado City Middle School cafeteria for volunteers wanting to help. They have saturated the community with thousands of flyers. An estimated 750 people, out of a population of 2,500 turned out for a prayer vigil on the evening of Jan. 2. An anonymous reward that began at $1,000 for Hailey’s safe return has now been raised to $25,000. Members of the community created a Facebook page for Hailey, and many others, including me, have put photos of Hailey in their profile pictures. 

The Police Chief said that all of the evidence points to Hailey being a runaway. However, there is no evidence, and his declaration is based solely upon statistics. She didn’t tell any of her friends that she was going to run away. She hadn’t threatened her parents that she was going to run away. Nobody saw her run away. She didn’t take anything with her. She had never before runaway. Thirteen-year-old Hailey Dunn was classified as a runaway due to a total lack of evidence, not the preponderance of evidence.

According to the National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway and Throwaway Children (NISMART-2), considered to be the definitive publication on missing child statistics, “The total number of children who were missing from their caretakers in 1999, including children who were reported missing is estimated to be 797,500”. Of these 357,600 (45%) were runaway/throwaway situations. Therefore, if you conclude that a missing child has runaway you will be right about half the time. But, that does not mean that you turn your back on those children. Given what we know about violence in America and the challenges that our kids face, it is our duty as responsible adults to recover and help kids who have run away or thrown out of their homes.

very interesting

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2011, 04:36:52 PM »

Amber DuBois was thought to be a runaway by LE, which slowed down the search for her.  John Gardner abducted Amber while she was walking to school and raped and murdered her.     There are other cases where similar things have happened.  Yes, there are runaways, but I think we need to err on the side of caution, with so many predators out there.  And maybe some went willingly initially or were lured and got in over their heads.  It's sad.   

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2011, 05:05:19 PM »

Boyfriends name "Shawn Adkins" as per the following video report. I will keep my comments to my self regarding the video until more is know.

http://www.ktxs.com/video/26358113/index.html 

In this video, I'm pretty sure it says SA is BILLIE's boyfriend.
Yes, that is correct. I am not aware of "Hailey" having a boyfriend and if so what his name would even be.
My post regarding the "boyfriend" were always about BILLIE's boyfriend>>>>the LAST one to see Hailey alive.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2011, 05:05:39 PM »

I believe this is the Mom's boyfriend...not the girls.  Right?  Perhaps we should refer the Mom's boyfriend by his initials to avoid confusion.

Thank you for the correction. What is her mom doing bring a guy like that into her house with children. Even worse.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2011, 05:11:56 PM »

If Hailey's scent was followed by the hounds to this hotel, could they get the hounds to follow the BF scent and see if it leads to the same place?  Could they do that?
You bring up a really great idea!!  ::MonkeyAngel::I wonder if that can be done too.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2011, 05:17:33 PM »

Good local site to give you a feel for the Colorado City, TX community:

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/searchers-check-wooded-areas-town 

Breaking News
Searchers check wooded areas of town

Searchers from the TDCJ Wallace/Ware units were out on horseback and on foot today in the search for missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn

By Staff
Posted January 5, 2011 - 2:57pm

Searchers from Texas Department of Criminal Justice Wallace/Ware units were out on horseback and foot today looking for possible clues to the disappearance of Hailey Dunn.

TDCJ officers searched a heavily wooded area on the western edge of town Wednesday morning, January 6, according to TDCJ Warden Matt Kennolly.

The search along the Colorado River continued after lunch on foot along Colorado City's southern edge from the prison to Business I-20 toward town.

The search was made at the request of the Texas Rangers, who are working with local law enforcement agencies.

The multi-agency task force have set up an operations outpost in the Mitchell County courthouse.

southrngrl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2011, 05:21:32 PM »

Mark Klaas is a man on a mission.. He is not stopped or even slowed down by the "politics" of LE agencies across our country..Infact, if anything it seems to make him even more determined in his mission of protecting, aiding, recovering, AND giving a voice to those who otherwise would be left silent..all of this done for the future of this country...OUR CHILDREN..

I admire and am in awe of Mark Klaas and his dedication to children of all ages, races, socioeconomic classes, etc, etc.. Continuing to ensure that his own precious Polly's short life here on this earth and her tragic, horrific abduction and death were not in vain.. He has gone above and beyond over and over, time and time again making little Polly's tragedy indirectly save many, many, many other parents' children's lives.. No, it doesn't make for even one second her tragic death worth all of these other children that Polly's father has saved..Its not looked at in those terms..Its taking a horrific situation, that of which is every parent's absolute worst of nightmares, that which Mark had no control over, an evil entering their lives hidden under the dark of night and ripped Polly from Mark and many other family that love and adore Polly..forever..gone in the blink of an eye.. Mark Has made the absolute best of the most horrific situation that any human can comprehend..whereas many parents become consumed with the anger, the hurt, the vengeance{all of which I am quite certain that Mark has felt and gone through all of those exact feelings and emotions}, but where Mark differs is that he took all of that hurt, anger, vengeance, resentment and has used all of that for these many years to fuel his dedication to the many other children that may or may not have been in or even died at the hands of evil much like Polly.. He has used his any/all of what are normally negative feelings and emotions that many times ruin the remainder of a parents life as well as their surviving children's' lives..unable to ever get past those emotions..Mark has used and turned all of these potentially negative, destructive, and damning feelings, emotions, etc and done for children across of our country what the work of hundreds of people and manpower weren't able to do..

He continues to make a difference each and every day of his life here on this earth.. I don't know his mind, but I do know his heart, its an open book for all to see that Mark Klaas will do and has done for the children of our country.. pushing for tougher laws, demanding better and immediate attention and manpower on those crucial moments and early hours of a child's disappearance/abduction, and crisscrossing this country spreading the word of "protect your children from the evils of this world"..

Mark Klaas is a man in a complete "class" of his own.. A man who does all of these things selflessly and genuinely FOR OUR CHILDREN AND NOT FOR FAME, NOR RECOGNITION.. HE IS A MAN AS I SAID THAT I ADMIRE AND AM AWE OF.. HE IS A MAN I WOULD BE PROUD TO SAY THAT I KNEW...

Mark, continue the fight..you've made more strides in the past years than what has been made in many decades.. You are making a difference...one child at a time... and none of us will ever forget what set you on this path of life..your precious Polly that would've have been 30 years old this past week.. We will never forget, nor can we as parents of this country's children ever thank you enough for your selfless dedication and work for our children..

Thank you.
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2011, 06:14:28 PM »

Good local site to give you a feel for the Colorado City, TX community:

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/searchers-check-wooded-areas-town 

Breaking News

Searchers from the TDCJ Wallace/Ware units were out on horseback and on foot today in the search for missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn

By Staff
Posted January 5, 2011 - 2:57pm

Searchers from Texas Department of Criminal Justice Wallace/Ware units were out on horseback and foot today looking for possible clues to the disappearance of Hailey Dunn.

TDCJ officers searched a heavily wooded area on the western edge of town Wednesday morning, January 6, according to TDCJ Warden Matt Kennolly.

The search along the Colorado River continued after lunch on foot along Colorado City's southern edge from the prison to Business I-20 toward town.

The search was made at the request of the Texas Rangers, who are working with local law enforcement agencies.

The multi-agency task force have set up an operations outpost in the Mitchell County courthouse.

Interesting they are focusing on the south end of town when the bloodhounds were tracking her to the north part of town near the interstate at the hotel. Her house is in-between the area they note as searching here and the hotel. Guess it doesn't matter...the whole town needs to be turned upside down til they find her.  It's such a small town, hopefully they can find something soon.  I wonder which direction from her house her friend MB lived? 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2011, 06:18:02 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-refuses-issue-amber-alert-missing-girl-hailey/story?id=12547213Texas Refuses to Issue Amber Alert for Missing Girl

The 13-Year-Old Texas Cheerleader Hailey Dunn Has Been Missing a Week
January 5, 2011

A small Texas town is upset that the state is refusing to issue an Amber Alert for a 13-year-old cheerleader who has been missing for more than a week.

The Colorado City Police have requested the alert three times since Hailey Dunn, a middle school student, was reported missing Dec. 28 by her mother, Billie Dunn.

The girl was thought to be spending Monday night at a nearby friend's home, but did not return home the next morning, the police said. The friend later said she was not expecting a visit from Dunn.

The cheerleader headed out around 3:15 p.m. on Dec. 27, first going to her dad's house and then supposedly to the friend's house.

Billie Dunn's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, was the last person to see the girl, the mother told police. It was Adkins who reportedly said the girl was spending the night at a friend's home. Adkins was scheduled to take a polygraph exam today.

"We can't say one way or another if she is abducted or is a runway," City Manager Peter Kampfer told ABC News. "One of the requirements that they have for an Amber Alert in the state is that there is a witness or we have some sort of evidence that she's been picked up or been threatened. That's one of the qualifiers."

Kampfer is frustrated by the state's guidelines for issuing alerts at a time when help is needed.

"I would like to see it a little bit broadened. I don't hear many Amber Alerts in this area of Texas. In fact, I can't remember the last one I've heard," he told ABC News. "You'd like to be able to think you could invoke a request and get some help."

Police Chief John Bivens said the minimum standard for creating an Amber Alert is "knowledge of a suspect, a description of a vehicle involved in an abduction and/or a route and direction of travel."

Right now, the town does not have such information.

"We're having an ongoing investigation. As of today we're just following up on the initial leads and of course we have leads that are coming in from the public," Kampfer said. "We have nothing substantive at this time."

This case is currently being investigated by the local police, county sheriff and the Texas Rangers.

On Friday, bloodhounds were taken to the six motels in Colorado City. At one of them, the Western Suites, which is adjacent to Interstate 20 and near the Dunn home, the dogs picked up on the girl's scent in the parking lot. It led to a ground-floor room, but no further. A search of all 24 rooms produced no other evidence.

Seach for Missing Hailey Dunn

Colorado City, a town of only 5,000 people between the Odessa/Midland area and Abilene, has raised a $10,000 reward for information leading to the whereabouts and safe return of Dunn.

(snip)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2011, 06:30:25 PM »

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26377186/detail.html
Hailey Dunn Disappearance Becomes National Story
January 5, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- The search for missing Colorado City eighth-grader Hailey Dunn made the national media on Tuesday night.

Hailey was featured on the HNL Network national cable show "Nancy Grace." The show devoted most of the entire hour to the case of the 13-year-old Dunn, who disappeared on Dec. 27.

Grace spoke to experts about missing children’s cases and grilled Hailey’s mother, Billie, and her father, Clint Dunn.

Billie Dunn told Grace that bloodhounds were used over the weekend and that the dogs may have tracked Hailey’s scent to a local motel.

Authorities then searched the rooms at the motel and the motel security camera footage, but no other evidence was obtained.

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer told KTXS that the Grace segment was “sensationalized” and that there were several inaccuracies aired on the show.
(Bolded by me)
"Sensationalized?"    scratch  I wonder what the alleged "inaccuracies aired on the show" were?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2011, 06:35:06 PM »

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=76136
Hailey Darlene Dunn
Texas Teen Vanishes Into Thin Air Days After Christmas
Hailey Dunn was said to be spending the night at a friend’s house on the evening of Monday, Dec. 27, 2010. But when the 13-year-old didn’t come home the next morning, Billie Dunn – Hailey’s mother – knew something was wrong. Cops say she immediately filed a missing persons report after learning Hailey’s friend wasn’t even expecting her as a visitor.

“From the start, our department and our colleagues from other law enforcement and judicial agencies that have joined our effort have treated Hailey’s case as one of a missing person,” said Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer. “We’ve made no assumptions as to what occurred, intentionally focusing on rapidly collecting facts and using these facts to guide our work.”

Police say alerts were also distributed to both the NCIC and TCIC systems, computer networks established to link law enforcement personnel across the country and throughout Texas, respectively.

“We’re applying all personnel and other resources necessary and appropriate to our work in finding Hailey, with no plans of letting up,” Kampfer said. “This is a night-and-day endeavor for us all.”

Now the Colorado City Police has even enlisted the help of the Texas Rangers to help locate the missing 13-year-old cheerleader. Cops tell AMW that they are also conducting a thorough and ongoing investigation of people and places in the immediate area of Hailey’s house, including all registered sex offenders in the city

(snip)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.