March 28, 2024, 07:11:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas #1 1/03/11 - 1/12/11  (Read 387471 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2011, 12:16:23 PM »

Following more leads in the Hailey Dunn investigation... I'm told Shawn and several people took the polygraph, we know where he is now.
9 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/priscillaluong
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2011, 12:18:24 PM »

It was announced on CNN just now that Shawn Adkins refused the polygraph test ... it didn't happen.

Janet

+++++

Major search launched for 13-year-old cheerleader missing for more than a week
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 2:14 PM on 6th January 2011

Billie Dunn's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, was the last person to see Hailey before she disappeared. He reportedly said the girl was spending the night at a friend's home and was scheduled to take a polygraph test last night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344609/Major-search-launched-missing-cheerleader-Hailey-Dunn-13-Colorado.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I just posted a twitter from the KTAB News Anchor that they were told he did talk the poly   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2011, 12:22:07 PM »

UPDATE: Dunn Family Reports Failed Lie Detector Tests  (with video)

Colorado City, TX—   Hailey Dunn's mother says a handful of people connected to her family were told by authorities that they failed polygraph tests that have been administered over the last few days.
Billie Dunn wasn't prepared to name names. However, she told KTAB's Priscilla Luong she and her family's frustration is beginning to mount.

According to Billie Dunn, her boyfriend Shawn Adkins did take a polygraph test. After the test, he did not return to the home he shares with Billie Dunn.

Sources tell KTAB News he is not in custody and authorities are aware of his whereabouts.

Hailey’s older brother, David Dunn, told KTAB's Priscilla Luong earlier in the day Thursday that Adkins had refused to take the first two polygraph tests Wednesday. According to the Dunn family, Adkins eventually took the test.

Wednesday afternoon, Billie Dunn was asked to go to the law enforcement center in town. Dunn tells KTAB News she was interrogated for nearly 12 hours and is "exhausted."

The Texas Rangers have yet to confirm or deny these developments being reported by family members.

On Wednesday, Texas Rangers searched the home occupied by Billie Dunn, Adkins, Hailey, and David.

According to Billie Dunn, Adkins spoke to Hailey at 3 p.m. on December 27.  Hailey said she was headed to her dad's house, located just across a field, then to a friend's house to spend the night.  She never showed up at either location.

Bloodhounds tracked Hailey's trail Friday to a motel located near her home.

According to the Colorado City Record, crews went out on horseback and foot Wednesday searched wooded areas out the outskirts of Colorado City.

The Colorado City Police Department tried to issue an Amber Alert three times, but with no evidence of an abduction, Hailey's case failed to meet the criteria, according to Pete Kampfer, City Manager of Colorado City

"Of course as soon as we get that evidence, and get closer to that, on issuance of an Amber Alert, we're going to be right on top of it," Kampfer said, speaking on behalf of the CCPD.

The reward has grown to $25,000 for tips that lead law enforcement to Hailey Dunn.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=328456

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2011, 12:22:33 PM »

Janet....no mention that Hailey had a boyfriend..perhaps she did, but I don't recall that being mentioned..I think when boyfriend is being mentioned, it is about Mom's boyfriend..
as far as I know, bio dad has not taken lie detector test..boyfriend of mom supposedly took one today..would love to know the results of that one!

Billie Dunn told Nancy Grace that there had been a boyfriend in the picture.

Janet

+++++

Consider there had been no sleepover plans ... ot appears that Haily was being deceptive about her plans or ... the mother's live-in boyfriend is being deceptive.

In the process of elimination ... has the father taken a polygraph?

Has Hailey's "boyfriend" been questioned.

Janet

++++++++

NANCY GRACE
Texas Police Search for Missing 13-Year-Old Cheerleader
Aired January 4, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

ALEXIS WEED, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: That is the boyfriend`s story, according to what the mother`s told us.

And also, Nancy, you know Hailey didn`t take any of her personal belongings with her. Her mother had told us if she was planning to leave, she likely would have taken a backpack, some sort of bag other than just the clothes that were on her back.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Now wait a minute, Alexis. I don`t know if you grew up going to sleepovers across the street or not. But when you say if she was planning to leave, let`s be specific. Do you mean if she`s planning to run away or she`s planning to go to a sleepover?

WEED: Well, Nancy, according to the mother, she hadn`t even told this friend that she was planning to have this sleepover. The police have interviewed the friend, the friend`s boyfriend, and as far as we know, this friend had no idea she had plans for a sleepover that night.

GRACE: You mean the little girl?

WEED: Yes.

GRACE: Mary Beth or the little girl`s mom?

<snipped>

GRACE: Did your daughter have a boyfriend?

BILLIE DUNN, MOTHER: She had a boyfriend that I didn`t know about, about three weeks ago, for a short time.

GRACE: How old was he?

B. DUNN: He was 13 also.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »

It was announced on CNN just now that Shawn Adkins refused the polygraph test ... it didn't happen.

Janet

+++++

By Daily Mail Reporter

Billie Dunn's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, was the last person to see Hailey before she disappeared. He reportedly said the girl was spending the night at a friend's home and was scheduled to take a polygraph test last night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344609/Major-search-launched-missing-cheerleader-Hailey-Dunn-13-Colorado.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I just posted a twitter from the KTAB News Anchor that they were told he did talk the poly   

I was only sharing what was just announced on CNN.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2011, 12:26:37 PM »

Search Continues For Hailey Dunn: Five Agencies Involved (with video)

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Now after nine days of searching, five different agencies and all sorts of tools are being used to help find 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.

Texas Rangers were at the missing Colorado City teen's home Wednesday collecting evidence.

Rangers spent a considerable amount of time collecting evidence from a shed in the home's back yard.

Authorities tell us in order to issue an Amber Alert, there must be evidence of an abduction, which could be why they're collecting evidence nine days after the teen disappeared.

Also Wednesday, we spoke to a family member, Hailey's uncle, who says he was given a polygraph test. Hailey's father, Clint Dunn, tells us, he was also questioned by the FBI.

Billie Jean Dunn, the mother of Hailey, left her house with Texas Rangers early Wednesday afternoon and wasn't in contact with family members the rest of the day, according to her son.

Some local residents even took to the streets themselves Wednesday afternoon to look for the missing 13-year-old.

Anyone with information that could aid authorities in finding Hailey is asked to call a tip line at: 325-728-5294.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26382529/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2011, 12:29:20 PM »

Janet

+++++

By Daily Mail Reporter

I was only sharing what was just announced on CNN.

Janet

CNN is announcing one thing and KTAB posted something totally different a few minutes ago as well.  I think KTAB is going from info that they are getting from Billie which may not be accurate. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2011, 12:32:38 PM »

Missing teen's grandmothers speak out, pray that she's safe

SNYDER, TX (KCBD) - It's been 9 days since family and friends have seen or heard from 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. Wednesday, the FBI joined the investigation.

As investigators searched Dunn's mother Billie Jean's home in Colorado City, her father Clint spoke with authorities for hours in Snyder.

Hailey has 2 grandmothers who also live there; they haven't seen her since Christmas. They say they won't stop hoping and praying until she's found.

Connie Jones, one of Hailey's grandmothers, changed her answering machine. It's a special message for Hailey. We listened to a portion of the message. "I'm staying home as much as I can in hopes that you call me. I love you my baby."

Jones worries that someone has her granddaughter. "I think someone's took her because Hailey, she's a home person."

In that home in Colorado City, Hailey lives with Billie Jean and her mother's boyfriend Shawn Adkins. Adkins was the last person to see Hailey. On Wednesday Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer said Adkins took a lie detector test.

Jones said Hailey didn't care much for Adkins. "She don't like Shawn being there; but she wants her mom and dad to go back together," she said.

Hailey's mother and father separated 3 years ago; Jones says the divorce was hard on Hailey.

Connie Ostrander is Hailey's other grandmother in Snyder. "I just don't understand this because she doesn't do this. She's not the type to run away," she said.

Ostrander has this message for Hailey: "Please just come home. We miss you so much. We love you; we need you here with us. If you get this, please Hailey, come home."

Authorities have yet to determine if Hailey was abducted or if she ran away. On Wednesday they were searching a shed behind her mother's house; an area neighbors say she spent a lot of time. "Every day, a lot, she would always be back there on the phone," a neighbor told us.

In both grandmothers' homes, pictures of Hailey are everywhere. They serve as a constant reminder for them to pray and hope for the best. "Please if you know anything please contact the police, 911, anything," Ostrander said.

"I want her home, she's been gone too long, and they say after so long she might not come home," said Jones

Kampfer said authorities made a lot of progress from Tuesday. While they have not named any persons of interest, he says they've narrowed down to a focus group of individuals that may know more information.

If you have any information on Hailey's whereabouts, call Colorado City police at (325)-728-5294.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13792341
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2011, 12:37:12 PM »

Recap info from this morning:

CNN - Shawn refused poly
KTAB and Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer - Shawn took poly

Shawn is missing
LE knows where Shawn is

Two Grannies:
Connie Jones
Connie Ostrander

Hailey spent a lot of time in the shed on the phone
Hailey was not happy Shawn lived with them
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2011, 12:37:12 PM »

Just curious here.  How long does it usually take for a cell phone company to release call information to LE?  They would have this info by now, right?  I remember there was someone who mentioned seeing Hailey on her Mom's cell phone in the yard around lunchtime.  I wonder who the last person she spoke to on that phone was.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2011, 12:51:41 PM »

Does anyone else find it odd that a 13 yo girl spends her time in the yard by the shed on the phone ? Most teenage girls would be in their bedrooms talking on the phone. I'm wondering if there were privacy issues in the house or if she felt uncomfortable in the house while mom was at work.
After seeing BF's myspace I don't see him taking "attitude" from a girl re: wanting parents back together again.  IMOO

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2011, 02:29:39 PM »

It looks like through a miscommunication between Colorado City LE and the City Manager, the reward is NOT up to $25K.  It is at $15K:

Police follow new lead, reward increased

http://ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/police-follow-new-lead-reward-increased

By Staff
Posted January 6, 2011 - 12:24pm

Members of a joint law enforcement task force are still pursuing information concerning the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn of Colorado City, Texas as  police officers follow another lead this morning.

Officers have reviewed hours worth of tape at local motels and convenience stores, seeking a clue to the whereabouts of the missing middle schooler and the Mitchell County Sheriff's Office has spent the past two days checking bridges and culverts.

As of Thursday at noon, the amount of reward money offered for Hailey's safe return which stood at $10,000, has been increased to $15,000.
Last Friday, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Wallace/Ware units searched the northwest portion of town, near the girl's home with three bloodhounds, according to Warden Matt Kennolly.

A later search was conducted at the Snyder  landfill.

"All searches came up negative," Kennolly said. "We deemed them 'no find,' which means we did not find the missing girl."

An aerial search of the north eastern part of town has been discussed.

Post on Colorado Record's Facebook: 
"We just talked with Pete and what happened when he spoke to the KTXS reporter was he had been promised additional funds to bring the total to $25,000. However, when he went to talk to the PD, those funds have not come in yet, so the total reward stands officially at $10,000 according to both Kampfer and the PD. Hopefully, the remaining monies will come in tonight and we can change the paper in the morning, but as it stands it's $10,000."
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2011, 02:49:21 PM »

January 6, 2011
Rpt: Boyfriend of missing cheerleader's mom refuses poly
Posted: 01:24 PM ET

Despite Hailey Dunn’s mother’s claim Tuesday night that her boyfriend Shane Adkins would take a polygraph test yesterday and reports that he was taken to the law enforcement center do it, family members now reportedly say that he refused. Hailey’s brother David Dunn told CNN affiliate KTAB that Adkins had refused to take two polygraphs. Another local report indicates Adkins signed paperwork for a third polygraph request but then refused and left the building. According to what David Dunn told KTAB, his family has not seen Adkins since then. Two of Hailey’s uncles also told affiliate CBS7 that Adkins has refused to take a polygraph three times. Police have not confirmed or denied any of those reports. David Dunn also told KTAB that his mother was at the law enforcement center with investigators last night.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/06/rpt-boyfriend-of-missing-cheerleaders-mom-refuses-poly/

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2011, 02:51:39 PM »

http://cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

12:00PM UPDATE: Search for Colorado City Girl Takes a New Turn 1/6/11

Elias Hernandez
CBS 7 News
ehernandez@cbs7.com
January 6, 2011

UPDATE 12:00 PM

Colorado City, Texas -

The Texas Department of Criminal Justice search guards and dogs did a "grid search" overnight, even scouring the riverbeds.

Colorado City officials confirm Texas Rangers have heard that Hailey’s mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, has skipped town. It has not been confirmed by officials that he has skipped polygraph testing.

Adkins has not been named a suspect and authorities have not been able to corroborate this account.

City officials confirm they are sending the DPS helicopter to continue searching the area.

Yesterday, authorities were focusing their search on the home of Hailey Dunn and a shed just behind it.

Several officials were seen carrying out bags of what appear to be evidence.

Meanwhile, city officials say foul play is now a possibility.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2011, 02:54:12 PM »

Hopefully LE has him under surveillance.

Janet

++++++

Hailey Dunn: Mother's boyfriend may have left town
January 6th, 2011 1:48 pm ET

New information has surfaced that the boyfriend of the mother of missing cheerleader, Hailey Dunn has left town.

Hailey Dunn, 13, from Colorado City, Texas has been missing since December 27.  She was last seen by the boyfriend of Hailey's mother, Shawn Adkins.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/hailey-dunn-mother-s-boyfriend-may-have-left-town

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2011, 03:16:04 PM »

Does anyone else find it odd that a 13 yo girl spends her time in the yard by the shed on the phone ? Most teenage girls would be in their bedrooms talking on the phone. I'm wondering if there were privacy issues in the house or if she felt uncomfortable in the house while mom was at work.
After seeing BF's myspace I don't see him taking "attitude" from a girl re: wanting parents back together again.  IMOO

No.  Not if that 13 year old is afforded a cell phone and the opportunity to speak in private.  Billie Dunn admitted to Nancy Grace that unknown to her Hailey had a boyfriend.

I have an almost 13 year old grandson.  If Mom and Dad give him an inch regarding a privilege ...  at times this young man has deceptively taken a mile.  My daughter and SIL worked very hard at the balancing act regarding how much to loosen the reins.

Janet

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2011, 03:48:06 PM »

Hailey Dunn Missing: 13-Year-Old Texas Girl Vanished A Week Ago

COLORADO CITY, Texas (CBS/KOSA) What began as a small-town search has become a statewide investigation as central Texas girl Hailey Dunn remains missing more than a week after her sudden disappearance.

The 13-year-old cheerleader from the community about 75 miles west of Abilene was last seen on Dec. 27, after telling her mother's boyfriend she was spending the night at a friend's house. However, after questioning, police learned that the friend had no idea Hailey was coming over.

The Texas Rangers and Colorado City police have searched Hailey's home and surrounding areas. According to CBS affiliate KOSA, rangers were seen carrying garbage bags from her house into their squad cars.

Authorities are also searching the phone records of Hailey's mother and her mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins.  KOSA reports Adkin has been given a polygraph exam. The results have not been disclosed.

Several residents are upset and are critical of the time lapse between when Hailey went missing and the investigation. Reports say the Colorado City manager has tried 3 times to have an amber alert issued, but to no avail.

Police say they tried to issue an Amber Alert but were unable to do so because there is "not enough information" on Hailey's disappearance, according to Fox News.

"The minimum standard for creating an Amber Alert is knowledge of a suspect, a description of a vehicle involved in an abduction and/or a route and direction of travel," Colorado City Police Chief John Bivens said in a statement, Fox reported.

Family members now fear the worst and a $25,000 reward is being offered for the girl's safe return.

Hailey Dunn is a white female and described as 5'1, 120 pounds with hazel eyes and brown hair with blondish streaks.

Anyone with information regarding Hailey's whereabouts is urged to call the Colorado City Police Department at 325-728-5294 or 325-728-3161.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20027566-504083.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2011, 03:50:34 PM »

UPDATE 12:15 pm - Exclusive Information On Search for Missing Colorado City Teen 01/06/11  (with video)

Colorado City, Texas -
Texas Rangers are now hearing that the boyfriend of missing 13 year old Hailey Dunn's mother is now missing himself.

The Rangers learned this from Hailey's 16 year old brother, David.

Major Randy Prince of the Texas Rangers is now telling city hall that the investigation is ongoing and that they have some very "hot" leads they are following. Prince tells city hall that "the focus has intensified".

In a visit to the Dunn household this morning a family friend answered the door and told our CBS 7 crew that the family is tired and does not wish to speak with the media.

However, she said that Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother, will be doing a live interview on the Nancy Grace show once again this evening.

According to Colorado City Manager, Pete Kampfer, a DPS helicopter will be flying above the city this afternoon conducting a comprehensive aerial search.

Kampfer reports a ground search by TDCJ prison guards with dogs has concluded.

Kampfer declined to release the results of the search but did say that the guards conducted a "grid" search combing each city block and the riverbed.

The City Manager says he has also heard that Hailey's brother said Shawn Adkins "bolted" Wednesday night.

On a positive note, the Lamar billboard company is contributing to the search efforts by putting up a message regarding Hailey's disappearance on their digital billboards all along Interstate 20.

CBS 7 is LIVE IN Colorado City at noon, 4:30pm, 5:00pm and 6:00pm with the latest details.

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23235
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2011, 03:52:49 PM »

UPDATE: Search for Missing Girl Spreads to Internet

COLORADO CITY - The search for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn has spilled over onto the Internet. The website findhaileydunn.com has been filled with articles and updates about the little girl.

It also includes an interview Hailey's mother did with Nancy Grace on CNN Headline News and reports that the reward for information about Hailey has been raised to $25,000.

The 13-year-old cheerleader was last seen on December 27 in Colorado City and since that time residents in Mitchell, Howard and Scurry Counties have rallied to try and find her.

Colorado City officials tell NewsWest9 that the FBI has now joined the investigation which already includes several agencies including the Texas Rangers.

Police originally believed her to be a runaway, but after more than a week they're now calling her a missing person.

So far, the state has not issued an Amber Alert for the girl, which has caused many in the Colorado City area to question why. Here are the requirements for an Amber Alert:

•A child must be under 17 years of age and there needs to be proof they were taken unwillingly.
•There also needs to be proof the child is in immediate danger.
•There also must be enough evidence to release to the public.
If you've seen Hailey or know anything about her disappearance, please call the Colorado City Police Department at 325-728-5294.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13792554
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2011, 03:55:08 PM »

Helicopter being used in search for missing Colorado City teen

The search continued today for Hailey Dunn, the Colorado City middle school student who has been missing for 10 days.

Pete Kampfer, city manager and spokesman for Colorado City Police Department, said this morning that Texas Rangers discontinued their foot search for the 13-year-old girl along the Colorado River on Wednesday and that they would begin a helicopter search this afternoon.

Hailey Dunn was last seen by her mother’s boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, who said she told him she was going to a friend's house. The friend said that she wasn't aware of any such plans.

"They've intensified the search since yesterday. They've confirmed some leads and are going with them today," Kampfer said.

At 8:30 a.m. today, Billie Jean Dunn -- Hailey's mother -- was inside her home with Hailey's 16-year-old brother David and Billie Jean Dunn's brother Dale.

David confirmed at that time that Shawn Adkins had not completed the polygraph test that he had originally agreed to take on Wednesday.

Kampfer said he couldn't confirm any information regarding polygraph tests that may have been administered.

"Sometimes just the idea of getting a polygraph adds to the situation," he said, referring to the general process of the polygraph test. "What you're looking for is a confession."

Billie Jean Dunn wasn't available for comment and said she would not speak to the media until after her phone call with TV personality Nancy Grace this evening. Grace's show appears on CNN.

Kampfer confirmed evidence was taken from Billie Jean's home Wednesday that may have led to leads being pursued today.

Lamar Advertising has placed Hailey Dunn's photo and information on several billboards along Interstate 20 between Abilene and Odessa.

Kampfer said strides have been made since Monday and a collection of agents from the FBI, Department of Public Safety, Texas Rangers and local law enforcement are intensifying their focus today to conclude the investigation

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/06/helicopter-being-used-search-missing-colorado-city/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.