March 29, 2024, 08:16:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas #1 1/03/11 - 1/12/11  (Read 387558 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2011, 03:56:08 PM »

Lamar Advertising Donates Billboards to Help Find Missing Girl

MIDLAND - Lamar Advertising, which leases billboards all over Interstate 20, is joining the effort to find missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.

Lamar Advertising tells NewsWest9 that they have donated billboard space up and down Interstate 20 between Abilene and Odessa.

Since an Amber Alert has not been issued, Lamar has created its own billboard design. The message will be going out on the digital billboard on Highway 191 between Midland and Odessa Thursday afternoon. They have also ordered traditional vinyl billboards to put up as well.

The 13-year-old cheerleader was last seen on December 27 in Colorado City and since that time residents in Mitchell, Howard and Scurry Counties have rallied to try and find her.

Police originally believed her to be a runaway, but after more than a week they're now calling her a missing person.

NewsWest9's David Marino and Anayeli Ruiz will have team coverage live from Colorado City on NewsWest9 at Five and Six.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13796112
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2011, 03:56:25 PM »

UPDATE 12:15 pm - Exclusive Information On Search for Missing Colorado City Teen 01/06/11  (with video)

Colorado City, Texas -
Texas Rangers are now hearing that the boyfriend of missing 13 year old Hailey Dunn's mother is now missing himself.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23235

Why would the last person reportedly to see Hailey who refused at least two polygraphs ... allowed to go free without surveillance.  What am I not getting?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #122 on: January 06, 2011, 03:59:26 PM »

UPDATE 12:15 pm - Exclusive Information On Search for Missing Colorado City Teen 01/06/11  (with video)

Colorado City, Texas -
Texas Rangers are now hearing that the boyfriend of missing 13 year old Hailey Dunn's mother is now missing himself.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23235

Why would the last person reportedly to see Hailey who refused at least two polygraphs ... allowed to go free without surveillance.  What am I not getting?

Janet
Good question, you would have thought someone would have been watching his movements.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2011, 04:25:25 PM »

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328796

Dunn Case Gets More Cable News Coverage

Reported by: Laura Kellerman
Thursday, January 06 2011

The Hailey Dunn case returns to Nancy Grace on HLN Thursday night, the first national broadcast to give attention to the Colorado City teen's disappearance.

KTAB is told the first 45 minutes of the show, which airs from 7 to 8 p.m., will cover the latest developments in Dunn's disappearance.

On Monday and Tuesday's shows, Grace interviewed Dunn's mother, father, legal and child safety experts, as well as members of the local media, including KTAB's Priscilla Luong.

Fox News aired a two-minute story (embedded below) on Thursday about Hailey's disappearance, but were fairly loose with the facts.

Dunn's mother has had a very forgiving attitude toward the national media, grateful that her daughter's name and picture are being seen by a wide audience.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2011, 05:43:47 PM »

It was announced on CNN just now that Shawn Adkins refused the polygraph test ... it didn't happen.

Janet

+++++

Major search launched for 13-year-old cheerleader missing for more than a week
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 2:14 PM on 6th January 2011

Billie Dunn's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, was the last person to see Hailey before she disappeared. He reportedly said the girl was spending the night at a friend's home and was scheduled to take a polygraph test last night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344609/Major-search-launched-missing-cheerleader-Hailey-Dunn-13-Colorado.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I just posted a twitter from the KTAB News Anchor that they were told he did talk the poly   

I was only sharing what was just announced on CNN.

Janet

yes I know and I corrected myself in the very next post that I had not read the last sentence where it was mentioned about the boyfriend of Hailey..

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2011, 05:50:39 PM »

It was announced on CNN just now that Shawn Adkins refused the polygraph test ... it didn't happen.

Janet

+++++

Major search launched for 13-year-old cheerleader missing for more than a week
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 2:14 PM on 6th January 2011

Billie Dunn's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, was the last person to see Hailey before she disappeared. He reportedly said the girl was spending the night at a friend's home and was scheduled to take a polygraph test last night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344609/Major-search-launched-missing-cheerleader-Hailey-Dunn-13-Colorado.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I just posted a twitter from the KTAB News Anchor that they were told he did talk the poly   

I was only sharing what was just announced on CNN.

Janet

yes I know and I corrected myself in the very next post that I had not read the last sentence where it was mentioned about the boyfriend of Hailey..

oops...I just quoted the wrong quote from Janet..sorry...
my post was in regards to Janet highlighting about Hailey having a boyfriend that mom did not know about...After posting last night I saw where mom did say that Hailey had a boyfriend about 3 weeks ago and I corrected my post to include that I had seen it..
thanks for the info...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2011, 05:52:50 PM »

Does anyone else find it odd that a 13 yo girl spends her time in the yard by the shed on the phone ? Most teenage girls would be in their bedrooms talking on the phone. I'm wondering if there were privacy issues in the house or if she felt uncomfortable in the house while mom was at work.
After seeing BF's myspace I don't see him taking "attitude" from a girl re: wanting parents back together again.  IMOO

yes I do..and I think that you are correct in thinking that Mom's boyfriend made her uncomfortable and that is perhaps why she spent so much time outside..so she did not have to be around him..maybe he was pissy towards her or perhaps he had made advances towards her..time will tell..
I had a few crappy step dads and I stayed as far away from them as I could...mostly in my room or outside, weather permitting...

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2011, 06:11:28 PM »

Thanks Cookie.

an angelic monkey

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2011, 06:13:42 PM »

12:00PM UPDATE: Search for Colorado City Girl Takes a New Turn
1/6/11

Elias Hernandez
CBS 7 News
ehernandez@cbs7.com
January 6, 2011

UPDATE 12:00 PM

Colorado City, Texas -

The Texas Department of Criminal Justice search guards and dogs did a "grid search" overnight, even scouring the riverbeds.

Colorado City officials confirm Texas Rangers have heard that Hailey’s mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, has skipped town. It has not been confirmed by officials that he has skipped polygraph testing.

Adkins has not been named a suspect and authorities have not been able to corroborate this account.

City officials confirm they are sending the DPS helicopter to continue searching the area.

Yesterday, authorities were focusing their search on the home of Hailey Dunn and a shed just behind it.

Several officials were seen carrying out bags of what appear to be evidence.

Meanwhile, city officials say foul play is now a possibility,

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

_____

nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2011, 06:29:33 PM »

Hello my friends Smile Long time no see ..... I just need to clarify.. Is mom's b/f missing as well and did he take the poly, or not? I heard he did, I heard he didnt..I heard they know where he is, I heard they dont.... WAHH!!!

"God dont like ugly"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2011, 06:33:55 PM »

Hello my friends Smile Long time no see ..... I just need to clarify.. Is mom's b/f missing as well and did he take the poly, or not? I heard he did, I heard he didnt..I heard they know where he is, I heard they dont.... WAHH!!!

Hi Nikki,

The news is back and forth on that.  We aren't sure.
nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2011, 06:43:45 PM »

Something just doent smell right here....My hinky meter is going off....

"God dont like ugly"
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2011, 06:44:52 PM »

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328796

Dunn Case Gets More Cable News Coverage

Reported by: Laura Kellerman
Thursday, January 06 2011

The Hailey Dunn case returns to Nancy Grace on HLN Thursday night, the first national broadcast to give attention to the Colorado City teen's disappearance.

KTAB is told the first 45 minutes of the show, which airs from 7 to 8 p.m., will cover the latest developments in Dunn's disappearance.

On Monday and Tuesday's shows, Grace interviewed Dunn's mother, father, legal and child safety experts, as well as members of the local media, including KTAB's Priscilla Luong.

Fox News aired a two-minute story (embedded below) on Thursday about Hailey's disappearance, but were fairly loose with the facts.

Dunn's mother has had a very forgiving attitude toward the national media, grateful that her daughter's name and picture are being seen by a wide audience.

Nancy Grace (HLN) comes on in about 1 hour - 15 minutes.

Janet
3:45 PM PT

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2011, 06:47:43 PM »

Do these single moms stop to think that bringing a boyfriend into the home may be putting their children at risk?

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2011, 07:00:51 PM »

Missing teen's grandmothers speak out, pray that she's safe
Posted: Jan 05, 2011 8:38 PM PST
Updated: Jan 06, 2011 9:40 AM PST

Connie Jones, one of Hailey's grandmothers, changed her answering machine. It's a special message for Hailey. We listened to a portion of the message. "I'm staying home as much as I can in hopes that you call me. I love you my baby."

Jones worries that someone has her granddaughter. "I think someone's took her because Hailey, she's a home person."

In that home in Colorado City, Hailey lives with Billie Jean and her mother's boyfriend Shawn Adkins. Adkins was the last person to see Hailey. On Wednesday Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer said Adkins took a lie detector test.

Jones said Hailey didn't care much for Adkins. "She don't like Shawn being there; but she wants her mom and dad to go back together," she said.

Hailey's mother and father separated 3 years ago; Jones says the divorce was hard on Hailey.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13792341

_____

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2011, 07:13:22 PM »

Do these single moms stop to think that bringing a boyfriend into the home may be putting their children at risk?

Janet

OBviously not.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2011, 07:24:32 PM »

Nancy Grace (HLN) will be on in 35 minutes.

Janet
4:25 PM PT

+++++

Search for Hailey Dunn goes to the sky and I-20 billboards
Posted: Jan 06, 2011 3:33 PM PST
Updated: Jan 06, 2011 3:39 PM PST

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) – The search for Hailey Dunn, 13, in Colorado City has been taken to the air.  A DPS helicopter could be seen over the town for much of Thursday.

At the same time family members have been asked to withhold comment from the media.  The family said Thursday that Hailey's mom, Billie Jean Dunn, would make an exception for CNN's Nancy Grace show.

Meanwhile the reward for information leading to Hailey's safe return now stands at $15,000. 

According to KWES-9, the NBC affiliate for Midland/Odessa, the Lamar Advertising company has donated billboard space up and down Interstate 20 between Abilene and Odessa.  The signs are meant to bring public awareness to Hailey's case and the electronic billboards were up Thursday.  Traditional vinyl billboards will still being made Thursday.

The number to call if you can help locate Hailey Dunn is the Colorado City police department at 325-728-5294.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13798536

_____

nikkibnurse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2011, 07:25:33 PM »

Is there a picture anywhere of this Shawn fellow?

"God dont like ugly"
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2011, 07:29:21 PM »

A few pages back there is a link to his myspace page and there is a photo on there...
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2011, 07:31:38 PM »

Ok - I know this is a little off the subject but very relevant in this case. (But Mods - delete if you wish!)

When a new man (sometimes a women but usually a man) is brought into a home the death and danger rate for the children go way up. A child in a home with a non related male is SEVEN times more likely to be abused. The rate of sexual abuse is much higher. The rate of murder is higher. Yet young women seem to let man after man in the house to live without concerns for the children. As a disclaimer, I am a step parent. But I chose well. And we are married. The larger problem is when a single mom lets guys in.  This is very dangerous. Women need to know the risk before they let random guys in the house.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.