March 29, 2024, 01:49:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas #1 1/03/11 - 1/12/11  (Read 387513 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2011, 07:34:31 PM »

boyfriend myspace......I don't like him

http://www.myspace.com/adkinsshawn 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2011, 07:36:10 PM »

Ok - I know this is a little off the subject but very relevant in this case. (But Mods - delete if you wish!)

When a new man (sometimes a women but usually a man) is brought into a home the death and danger rate for the children go way up. A child in a home with a non related male is SEVEN times more likely to be abused. The rate of sexual abuse is much higher. The rate of murder is higher. Yet young women seem to let man after man in the house to live without concerns for the children. As a disclaimer, I am a step parent. But I chose well. And we are married. The larger problem is when a single mom lets guys in.  This is very dangerous. Women need to know the risk before they let random guys in the house.

Either these women don't read the news, or they have the "it can't happen to me" syndrome.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2011, 07:37:59 PM »

He looks like a punk and he has a vicious and scary character as per his writings on his MySpace. The "Relax, relax" post was exceptionally so. I wonder if the mom ever read there.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2011, 07:38:26 PM »

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/search-dunn-intensifies-helicopter-search

Search for Dunn intensifies with helicopter search

By Carol Parsons
Posted January 6, 2011 - 5:28pm

The investigation into the disappearance of Hailey Dunn is beginning to intensify and focus as more evidence and leads are generated, according to Colorado City city manager Pete Kampfer on Thursday afternoon.

“This afternoon, the Department of Public Safety will conduct a helicopter search of Colorado City,” Kampfer said.

Texas Department of Criminal Justice Wallace and Ware Unit personnel have already spent two days conducting a grid search of the town on horseback, with dogs and on foot. The search included all rivers and creeks, Kampfer said.

“We are trying to stay positive and put forth community effort,” he said. At a press conference held at 4:30 on Thursday afternoon, Kampfer said, "My continuing hope and prayers are that they find and return Hailey to Colorado City" in good condition. He also stated that the search for Dunn has been and is "a community effort at the grassroots level."

Today the task force command post moved from the county courthouse to the CC Thompson Building on 2nd Street. Six different agencies are currently involved in the search: D.S., Mitchell County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado City Police Department, District Attorney’s office, Texas Rangers and the FBI.

Contrary to other reports, the Texas Rangers were brought in on the day after Hailey disappeared, according to Kampfer.

“Other local agencies in Snyder, Scurry and Nolan Counties are also involved in the search,” he said.
Kampfer does not know the results of the TDCJ searches, nor does he know the results of the search warrant served at Hailey’s Chestnut Street residence.

Lamar sign and billboard company will donate digital and print signs along I-20 in both east and west directions.

The official reward being offered for Hailey’s safe return is $15,000.  “That’s cash in hand with more contributions coming in up to $25,000,” Kampfer said.

“We will be taking on additional reserve or part-time officers to beef up the current law enforcement effort,” Kampfer said, who is also working with national, regional and local media.

“There has been a lot of misinformation. I’m asked lots of questions. Lots of time I don’t know the answer,” he said.

“What I’m trying to do is what everyone would like to have, trying to give out as much information as I can get out of the task force to fill in the blanks,” Kampfer said.

Sensationalized issues over Amber Alert and blame on the city upset Kampfer.  “We’ve done everything we can to issue an Amber Alert. There’s no failure on our behalf.”  The city’s request for issuing an Amber Alert was repeatedly turned down by the state because the prerequisites of a description of a captor or captor’s vehicle was not met.

Kampfer also clarified the reports about dogs tracking Hailey to the Western Suites motel.

“The dogs did not trail Hailey’s scent to the motels,” He said. “They took the dogs to different places trying to pick up the scent.  Motels are good places to start. The dogs did get a hit.”

Kampfer went on to explain that  investigators cannot determine when a trail has been made.
Hailey could have been there a couple of days before and the dogs would still have picked up her scent or someone else wearing an article of Hailey’s clothing would have the same results.

“Bloodhounds are scent specific,” Warden Matt Kennolly said. “The only thing we need is a scent article for the person we’re looking for. The dog will track only that scent.”

“Our dogs can run 48-72 hours, but I have seen scent dogs up to 7-8 days. There are so many environmental factors that come into play,” Kennelly said.

No possible lead has been overlooked as investigators have checked almost every surveillance camera in town, according to Kampfer. “It’s amazing what they have checked.  They’ve done a good job.”

Since the first day the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn has been treated as a missing person.

“There’s no indication one way or the other that she’s still not in Colorado City or Mitchell County,” Kampfer said.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2011, 07:41:04 PM »

How old is Shawn?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2011, 07:42:39 PM »

He looks like a punk and he has a vicious and scary character as per his writings on his MySpace. The "Relax, relax" post was exceptionally so. I wonder if the mom ever read there.

Could you please post some of his writings.  Thanks.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2011, 07:42:49 PM »

He looks about 26 to me
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: January 06, 2011, 07:44:32 PM »

Update: Helicopters, Billboards Drawn Into Search For Hailey Dunn

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Search helicopters and billboards are now being used by law enforcement officials and family in the search for missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn.

Thursday also marked the first day back at school since the Christmas holidays for Hailey's eighth-grade classmates at Colorado Middle School. With orange ribbons tied around nearly every tree on campus, the school day took place without 13-year-old Hailey.

Counselors were on hand at the school Thursday to help students deal with the absence and disturbing news concerning Hailey.

Search authorities also said the reward for returning Hailey officially stood at $15,000. Officials said they had erroneously reported the reward as being $25,000, apparently because some of the money was pledged but yet not donated. Nevertheless, new billboards put up Thursday announced the reward as $25,000.

Authorities in Colorado City are continuing their efforts at searching and getting the word out.

City Manager Pete Kampfer said helicopters have been provided by the Department of Public Safety to help search for Hailey. Search officials used horses and dogs – and even state prison inmates – to search creek beds in Colorado City and the perimeter of the city.

Kampfer said the helicopters are just more tools being added to the search.

"They can be used for not only search but for surveillance," Kampfer said.

The helicopters are also being used to fly in special agents. The FBI has been involved in the case since Monday, and FBI agents interviewed Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother, on Thursday. After these interviews were completed, Billie Dunn refused to comment to reporters gathered there.
Kampfer said the billboards have been donated by Lamar Advertising to inform the public of Hailey's disappearance. Hailey's disappearance will be displayed on billboards from Abilene, 70 miles east of Colorado City, to the Midland-Odessa area, some 80-plus miles to the west.

Kampfer, a former FBI agent himself, said he could not confirm any rumors swirling about who has or has not passed polygraph tests related to the disappearance. Different family members have made various unconfirmed and conflicting assertions about polygraph tests taken and their results.

Hailey was last seen on Dec. 27 when she reportedly told Shawn Adkins, boyfriend of Hailey's mother Billie Dunn, that she was spending the night with a friend.

However, she never made it to the friend’s house, and the friend has said she didn’t know Hailey was coming – that they hadn’t made plans for her to spend the night.

No statewide Amber Alert has been issued because the case has not met the criteria for issuing such an alert.

State officials have three times refused to issue the Amber Alert, Colorado City officials say, because there is no physical evidence to show that Hailey has been abducted or that she is facing physical harm.

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26391662/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: January 06, 2011, 07:45:03 PM »

He looks about 26 to me

I think I read that he was 28 but could very well be wrong
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: January 06, 2011, 07:45:36 PM »

Janet

Relax...it's over,you belong to me,I fill your mouth with dirt Relax...it's over,you can never leave I take your second digit with me... Love... You are...my first,I can breath I find you fascinating You are...my favorite,lay you down to sleep It's all that I can do to stop...Love... So blue...so broken,paper doll decays I haven't left you yet So cold...subversive,your eyes are full of bleach Tomorrow,I will go away again...Love... YOU ARE MINE,YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MINE,I CAN TEAR YOU APART I CAN RECOMBINE YOU ALL I WANT IS TO COVET YOU ALL YOU BELONG TO ME I WILL KILL YOU TO LOVE YOU

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: January 06, 2011, 07:49:39 PM »

Janet

Relax...it's over,you belong to me,I fill your mouth with dirt Relax...it's over,you can never leave I take your second digit with me... Love... You are...my first,I can breath I find you fascinating You are...my favorite,lay you down to sleep It's all that I can do to stop...Love... So blue...so broken,paper doll decays I haven't left you yet So cold...subversive,your eyes are full of bleach Tomorrow,I will go away again...Love... YOU ARE MINE,YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MINE,I CAN TEAR YOU APART I CAN RECOMBINE YOU ALL I WANT IS TO COVET YOU ALL YOU BELONG TO ME I WILL KILL YOU TO LOVE YOU

Thank you Fanny Mae.

Shawn's Facebook submission is downright scarey.  I hope LE is aware.

Janet

_____

my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: January 06, 2011, 07:50:55 PM »

oh how creepy...is there a date for that posting?
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »

where can I find the link for his facebook page ?
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: January 06, 2011, 07:57:01 PM »

oh how creepy...is there a date for that posting?

Not that I can tell. His MySpace is public. He has some errr ....hobbies posted too.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2011, 07:57:31 PM »

http://www.myspace.com/adkinsshawn 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2011, 08:03:15 PM »

Covering Hailey's case on Nancy Grace right now.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2011, 08:03:46 PM »

Hi Fanny! I decided to google the "relax relax" stuff that we saw on SA's myspace. Not that it changes my opinion,  but it turns out it is "lyrics" of a song by a band called "Slipknot". I never heard of them and do not like the lyrics of course. I still think he is creepy, jmo though.
 http://www.lyricsondemand.com/s/slipknotlyrics/relaxlyrics.html 

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2011, 08:04:15 PM »

Thank you 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2011, 08:05:55 PM »

NG saying Bille and Shawn both took polys and both failed.  Bille went home Shawn has vanished
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2011, 08:06:48 PM »

He has 3 myspace pages as well. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.