March 28, 2024, 02:43:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas #1 1/03/11 - 1/12/11  (Read 387438 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: January 08, 2011, 04:38:52 PM »

That news brief KLAAS posted above might be one of them....maybe.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #361 on: January 08, 2011, 05:03:15 PM »

Just saw this on the facebook page for Hailey in case anyone wanted to sleuth SA. It is hearsay and not confirmed, so please take with a grain of salt.

<quote>
"He worked at WSI Weaver Services in snyder
22 minutes ago ·

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Hailey-Dunn/165260016852020?v=wall 

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #362 on: January 08, 2011, 06:22:56 PM »

Just saw this on the facebook page for Hailey in case anyone wanted to sleuth SA. It is hearsay and not confirmed, so please take with a grain of salt.

<quote>
22 minutes ago ·

Another interesting comment from the same facebook:

Beverly Preston Jacoby When I was in high school we used to go to a huge cave between CCity and Dunn. I cannot remember how to get there, but it ran along a creek, I believe. I hope someone will remember and check it for clues.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: January 08, 2011, 07:18:01 PM »

<quote>
22 minutes ago ·

Another interesting comment from the same facebook:

Beverly Preston Jacoby When I was in high school we used to go to a huge cave between CCity and Dunn. I cannot remember how to get there, but it ran along a creek, I believe. I hope someone will remember and check it for clues.

I'm not a good digger, so the only thing I see is that it is an oil related company. Snyder is apprx 25 miles north of Colorado City.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: January 08, 2011, 08:00:38 PM »

I wouldn't be too quick to discard the oil field worker theory.  jmho   My sister works for an office that deals with mineral rights etc. (landman), and she told me some months ago they had gotten busier lately, because there is renewed interest in oil, including abandoned & mothballed wells.  These wells were abandoned or mothballed because they didn't produce enough oil to justify the expense of maintaining them.  However, the price of oil has gone up, hence, the renewed interest.  Plus, there are new wells going in.  I wonder if there's been some of this kind of activity going on again in the area?  Or even nearby? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #365 on: January 08, 2011, 08:01:52 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/true-crime-in-midlandodessa/hailey-dunn-missing-child-colorado-city-tx

Hailey Dunn - Missing Child Colorado City, TX

January 8th, 2011 5:31 pm CT

Saturday January 8, 2011 volunteer search parties canvassed the area around Dunn, Texas in search of Hailey Dunn. Dunn, Texas is located 10 miles from Colorado City, Texas. Dunn is where the grandmother of Shawn Adkins lives. Shawn Adkins is the last known person to see Hailey. Volunteer search groups met at the old Dollar General parking lot, located at 6th and Oak, at 9:30 am, 1 pm and 4 pm in Colorado City, Texas. Volunteers signed in at the search desk from as far as Austin, Texas. The groups conquered mesquite bushes, sticker patches, bobbed wire fences, cacti, steep ravines on foot and ATV's searching through abandoned houses, barns, oil leases, pastures, haystacks and metal troughs.

Hailey Dunn was reported missing by her mother, Billie Dunn on December 28, 2010. On Monday December 27, 2010 at approximately 3:15 pm Hailey told her mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, she was going to go to her Dad's house and then walk to her friend's house five blocks away to spend the night. Hailey's brother, David Dunn, called the friend on December 28, 2010 and at this time it was discovered that Hailey never arrived at her home and a sleepover had not been planned.

Various law enforcement agencies are involved in the search for Hailey, including the FBI and the Texas Rangers. Law enforcement officers are conducting door to door searches of each and every house in Colorado City, Texas. The door to door search of the 1500 homes is expected to be completed January 8, 2011. The previous searches have included Hailey's home, a storage building, the Colorado River, local parks and wooded areas. Billboards and fliers throughout west Texas describe the missing cheerleader as 5 feet tall, 120 pounds, with long brown hair and hazel eyes. She was last seen wearing navy blue sweatpants, a light-colored short-sleeved T-shirt, pink and white tennis shoes or flip flops and red hoop earrings.

Anyone with information regarding the disappearance of Hailey Dunn is urged to contact the Colorado City Police Department at 325-728-5294.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: January 08, 2011, 08:29:58 PM »

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26413505/detail.html

Vigil Sunday In Sweetwater For Missing Colorado Teen

POSTED: 7:13 pm CST January 8, 2011

UPDATED: 7:15 pm CST January 8, 2011

SWEETWATER, Texas -- Sunday many are expected to gather at a prayer vigil in Sweetwater, to pray for Hailey's safe return.

According to the Facebook page, "Find Hailey Dunn", the vigil will be Sunday at 5:00 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church's parking lot.

Its located on the corner of 4th and Elm Street.

Just last week, Colorado City held their own prayer vigil, where its estimated nearly 750 people showed.

The vigil planned for Sweetwater is just one more way, surrounding cities and counties are getting involved, and showing they care.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #367 on: January 08, 2011, 08:30:36 PM »

Child Abduction Scare Causes Stir Saturday in Colorado City

In the heat of the investigation into the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, authorities in Colorado City were called to investigate a reported child abduction case Saturday.
A 15-year-old juvenile female was in Colorado City visiting and reported that a hispanic male tried to force her into his vehicle, according to a news release from the Department of Public Safety.

Colorado City officers determined the alleged victim to be a runaway from Lubbock, Texas.

Charges are pending against the 15 year old.

Investigators believe this alleged event was not a part of the task force investigation.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329437
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: January 08, 2011, 08:32:37 PM »

UPDATE: No Evidence of Foul Play in Dunn Disappearance  (with video)

Saturday, 7:00 p.m. Update:
Saturday evening, Senior Trooper Sparky Dean told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro investigators and searchers hadn't found any evidence to indicate foul play in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn.
While no one is ruling out foul play at this point, Dean said the case could still be a runaway.

Dean says searchers hope to complete efforts in Dunn this evening and will then work their way south towards Colorado City.

Saturday, 11:00 a.m. Update:
Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer tells KTAB's Tiffany Tatro law enforcement will be focusing in on the town of Dunn Saturday after going door-to-door in Colorado City Friday.

Kampfer says a temporary command post is being set up in the small town approximately 12 miles north of Colorado City.

"There are several areas of interest that will be explored by law enforcement officers," said Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean in a new release. "Some of these will be searched today and others possibly at a later date."

Dunn is where searchers discovered oil field glasses and a knife sheath in a stream Friday evening. A volunteer searcher also told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro they discovered tire tracks leading to an empty field. The searcher said authorities were alerted.

Law enforcement can't yet confirm they've visited that location.

All of the discoveries occured within a mile of a home where the boyfriend of Hailey's mother is believed to be staying.

Again, Kampfer says none of the developments or discoveries made by the volunteer search parties can be tied directly back to Hailey's disappearance.

Senior Trooper Sparky Dean says he expects officers to complete the canvas of Hailey’s immediate neighborhood today.

MORE....

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329356
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #369 on: January 08, 2011, 08:33:48 PM »

Hailey Dunn Update: Law Enforcement Search 6 Mile Radius In Town Of Dunn, North Of Colorado City

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Now onto the latest in the search for missing 13 year old Hailey Dunn, police and law enforcement have spent the day combing a 6 mile stretch in the town of Dunn just north of Colorado City.

They say some good leads sent them to that area.

However they would not release any more information about those leads at this time saying this is an ongoing investigation.

Adding that any evidence they find will be tagged and bagged and looked at thoroughly.

More than 200 residents were also back out searching Saturday.

Again 13 year old Hailey Dunn was last seen December 27th.

Residents today told KTXS Hailey's disappearance has really shaken up the town.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26413415/detail.html
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: January 08, 2011, 08:45:08 PM »

From the video at the link...picture of one of the billboard's along the highway.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13804937

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: January 08, 2011, 09:07:57 PM »

I wouldn't be too quick to discard the oil field worker theory.  jmho   My sister works for an office that deals with mineral rights etc. (landman), and she told me some months ago they had gotten busier lately, because there is renewed interest in oil, including abandoned & mothballed wells.  These wells were abandoned or mothballed because they didn't produce enough oil to justify the expense of maintaining them.  However, the price of oil has gone up, hence, the renewed interest.  Plus, there are new wells going in.  I wonder if there's been some of this kind of activity going on again in the area?  Or even nearby? 

Oh no. I wasn't meaning there isn't ANY oil well work in the area. I really think that is probably the only work there is. I just meant it used to be a boom town area, and lots and lots of work there. I had heard they were working on some of the wells again since the price of oil is making it lucrative. I just mean that the economy is just not what it used to be.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: January 08, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »

UPDATE: No Evidence of Foul Play in Dunn Disappearance  (with video)

Saturday, 7:00 p.m. Update:
Saturday evening, Senior Trooper Sparky Dean told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro investigators and searchers hadn't found any evidence to indicate foul play in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn.

While no one is ruling out foul play at this point, Dean said the case could still be a runaway.

Dean says searchers hope to complete efforts in Dunn this evening and will then work their way south towards Colorado City.

Saturday, 11:00 a.m. Update:
Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer tells KTAB's Tiffany Tatro law enforcement will be focusing in on the town of Dunn Saturday after going door-to-door in Colorado City Friday.

Kampfer says a temporary command post is being set up in the small town approximately 12 miles north of Colorado City.

"There are several areas of interest that will be explored by law enforcement officers," said Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean in a new release. "Some of these will be searched today and others possibly at a later date."

Dunn is where searchers discovered oil field glasses and a knife sheath in a stream Friday evening. A volunteer searcher also told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro they discovered tire tracks leading to an empty field. The searcher said authorities were alerted.

Law enforcement can't yet confirm they've visited that location.

All of the discoveries occured within a mile of a home where the boyfriend of Hailey's mother is believed to be staying.

Again, Kampfer says none of the developments or discoveries made by the volunteer search parties can be tied directly back to Hailey's disappearance.

Senior Trooper Sparky Dean says he expects officers to complete the canvas of Hailey’s immediate neighborhood today.

MORE....

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329356

Could it be that Billie Dunn misinterpreted the implication of the words ... "Deception Indicated"?  Could it be that both she and Shawn did not "fail" the polygraph?  Could it be that Shawn was being truthful and ... it was Hailey was being deceptive regarding her plans?

Janet

+++++++

Deception Indicated?

The Hailey Dunn Story: Conflicting Assertions Abound
POSTED: 11:44 am CST January 7, 2011
UPDATED: 7:32 pm CST January 7, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- The reporting of rumor, innuendo and misrepresentation seems to be a part – sadly – of the unfolding story surrounding missing teenager Hailey Dunn.

Despite statements to the contrary by people involved, Sparky Dean, senior trooper of the Texas Department of Public Safety, told KTXS on Friday that no one has been told whether they have passed or failed a polygraph test.

This comes despite the statement made on national television by Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother, that she and her former live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins had both failed polygraph tests. She made this statement on live television Thursday night on HLN's "Nancy Grace."

Told of Dean's statement that no results of passing or failure were pronounced, Billie Dunn twice reasserted her position: She was told there was "deception indicated."

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26401950/detail.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: January 08, 2011, 10:23:10 PM »

Oh no. I wasn't meaning there isn't ANY oil well work in the area. I really think that is probably the only work there is. I just meant it used to be a boom town area, and lots and lots of work there. I had heard they were working on some of the wells again since the price of oil is making it lucrative. I just mean that the economy is just not what it used to be.

IMO you're correct, Fanny, the economy isn't what it used to be, that's for sure.  Not like it was when things were just booming.  You mentioned the oil field work/workers and then it seemed to drop in discussion, that's why I brought it back up. But look at what I found:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Colorado-City-Texas.html

There is a lot of information at the link above, including crime statistics, employment and etc.  (just go to link & scroll down)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: January 08, 2011, 10:49:30 PM »

IMO you're correct, Fanny, the economy isn't what it used to be, that's for sure.  Not like it was when things were just booming.  You mentioned the oil field work/workers and then it seemed to drop in discussion, that's why I brought it back up. But look at what I found:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Colorado-City-Texas.html

There is a lot of information at the link above, including crime statistics, employment and etc.  (just go to link & scroll down)

This is very interesting. Income is low, but so is housing. The one that blew me away was the largest percentage of jobs for males was lawman.  Crime seems to be pretty low too, except for burglaries and theft.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: January 08, 2011, 11:05:18 PM »

Clint Dunn - Hailey's Father

NANCY GRACE
Texas Police Search for Missing 13-Year-Old Cheerleader
Aired January 4, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

MICHAEL BOARD, WOAI NEWSRADIO: Nancy, the last person to see Hailey Dunn alive was her mother`s boyfriend. This was on December 27th at about 3:00 o`clock in the last -- 3:00 o`clock in the afternoon. Her mother`s boyfriend says that Hailey told him that she was going over to her father`s house and then over to a friend`s house. ...

GRACE: Mr. Dunn, did you know that Hailey was on her way over?

CLINT DUNN, FATHER: No, I didn`t.

GRACE: How often did she come visit you? You live right across the street, correct?

CLINT DUNN: Yes. She comes over every day.

GRACE: At what time?

CLINT DUNN: At all times. She might come over for five minutes, she might come over and spend all day. She comes over every day.

GRACE: Does she let you know she`s coming or does she just show up?

CLINT DUNN: She just shows up.

GRACE: Well, you know what?

CLINT DUNN: She just walks across the field most of the time. ....

GRACE: OK. Let`s back it up a little bit. Did you see her at all that day?

CLINT DUNN: I didn`t see her at all that day.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: January 08, 2011, 11:15:47 PM »

Could it that Shawn is being truthful in regards to his last contact with Hailey?  Did Hailey leave her home with the intention of visiting her father and then spending the night with Marybeth.  In the process of elimination ... has Hailey's father been questioned and ... has his home searched?  In the process of elimination ... has members of Marybeth's family been questioned and ... has their home been searched?

A little girl is missing.  All avenues must be investigated.

Janet

++++++

Search intensifies for missing Colorado City teen
Hannah Boen / Reporter-News Staff
Updated Thursday, January 6, 2011

According to Adkins, Hailey had plans to spend the night at Mary Beth Garcia’s home the night before she was reported missing by Billie Jean Dunn.

Cecilia Garcia, Mary Beth’s mother, said Thursday that Mary Beth considers Hailey to be her best friend, but Hailey never had been to the Garcia home to spend the night. Mary Beth had spent the night at Hailey Dunn’s home once.

Cecilia Garcia said the first time she saw Billie Jean Dunn was on television, when she appeared earlier on Grace’s program to discuss her daughter’s disappearance

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/06/helicopter-being-used-search-missing-colorado-city/

A Sighting?

NANCY GRACE

GRACE: Now a woman in the community says she spotted Hailey that evening. This would have been Monday evening, with the little neighbor girl and the neighbor girl`s little boyfriend. What would he have been, 12, 13? Is that the little neighbor she was going to visit?

B. DUNN: No. That was the girl she was going to visit.

GRACE: What did this woman see?

B. DUNN: She saw Hailey, Mary Beth and a boy that she didn`t recognize.

GRACE: Now have you -- have you spoken with Mary Beth? Did that in fact happen?

B. DUNN: I hadn`t asked her about that. I`m letting the police handle Mary Beth. I do call her to ask her hey, what did Hailey say to you on Monday, did she call you Monday, did you guys text, did she say she was going somewhere else Monday, or with another friend Monday, and she tells me no.

GRACE: Did she say she even saw Hailey on Monday?

B. DUNN: She hasn`t told me that she did. No.

GRACE: OK. So to your knowledge, Hailey never went to Mary Beth`s?

B. DUNN: Right. That`s what she says.

The Bloodhounds

NANCY GRACE

MICHAEL BOARD, WOAI NEWSRADIO: Nancy, the last person to see Hailey Dunn alive was her mother`s boyfriend. This was on December 27th at about 3:00 o`clock in the last -- 3:00 o`clock in the afternoon. Her mother`s boyfriend says that Hailey told him that she was going over to her father`s house and then over to a friend`s house. ...

Police, we`ve learned this week, brought in bloodhounds, and amazingly, those dogs were able to pick up Hailey`s scent. Yes, they tracked her exact path. They went from her mother`s home to her father`s home, and then from her father`s home to her friend`s home, which is a couple blocks away.

But Nancy, this is where the story takes a tragic turn. The bloodhounds then track her scent to a motel in Colorado City. Nancy, why does a 13-year-old girl have any reason in the world to go to a motel? Right now, they`re scanning through the surveillance cameras, and we`re told so far, they have not seen Hailey`s pictures on those security cameras, but they`re continuing to look into that area.

Maybe there`s another business there. Maybe there was a convenience store that maybe had a surveillance camera or a security camera. They`re hoping, they`re praying that maybe there was another camera in that area that was able to catch her picture.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: January 08, 2011, 11:18:41 PM »

In the process of elimination in the disappearance of a little girl ... has investigators officially questioned Hailey's boyfriend ... the boyfriend who was unknown to Billie until three weeks prior to her daughter's disappearance?

Janet

++++++

Hailey's Boyfriend?

NANCY GRACE

GRACE: Did your daughter have a boyfriend?

BILLIE DUNN, MOTHER: She had a boyfriend that I didn`t know about, about three weeks ago, for a short time.

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: January 08, 2011, 11:41:08 PM »

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23260

Howard County Volunteers Continue Search For Missing Colorado City Teen 1/8/11

Greg Sherman
CBS 7 News
January 8, 2011

NORTH OF COAHOMA - As the search continued for Hailey Dunn continued Saturday in Mitchell and Scurry Counties, volunteers are out in Howard County all weekend hoping to find Hailey Dunn and bring her home.

.....What areas are you hoping to search by the end of the day?.....

"Howard County."

More than 60 volunteers searched across the county for Hailey, including former Sheriff Dale Walker.

"A group of civilians here in Howard County that have gathered together to share our efforts in trying to search. Today we're kind of focusing on the northside of the interstate. We also do have a group that's going on up and down the service roads of the interstate, taking those side roads east all the way to Colorado City."

Including mothers Heather Maddox and Denise Coates.

"We just are out here trying to do our part as moms, as citizens, as somebody who's really trying to help and find this baby and get her home. I have 2 daughters. I have 1 that's just a year older than Hailey is and I cannot even begin to imagine how this feels or what this mother is going through," said Maddox, who designed and is selling a t-shirt to help raise money for the reward pot.

The search has special meaning to Vincent resident Machelle Barr, who is the 17-year old cousin of Hailey.

"It's been pretty upsetting here lately. We've all been praying just trying to help us find the clues that we need to do to help her, get where we need to go look for her."

.....When you hear all these things on the media, whether it be local, state or even Nancy Grace (on CNN Headline News), how are you holding up with all this?.....

"It's upsetting. I wish that I didn't have to believe all the false things that are going (around). I just wanna know what the true meaning is. I just, I hate all the rumors. I want to know if he (Shawn Atkins, the boyfriend of Hailey's mom) has something to do with it or the mom does."

For now, everyone is hoping the blaze the right tracks that will lead to Hailey.

"We'll be out here everyday until we find her," said Maddox.

The search in Coahoma will resume at 8 AM Sunday at the Volunteer Fire Station.

If you would like more information on the search in Howard County or to purchase a t-shirt, call Maddox at 213-4478.

Coahoma and Forsan will both be hosting candlelight vigils Sunday at 5.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: January 09, 2011, 02:15:11 AM »

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13809863

Cities Come Together to Find Hailey Dunn

By Geena Martinez
NewsWest 9

COLORADO CITY - West Texans have come together to help search for missing cheerleader, Hailey Dunn.

Everyday, people are showing up in droves, ready to help out.

On Saturday, those folks told NewsWest 9, they're not giving up until they find Hailey.

"I've got children and I hope that if it ever happens to me, I'd want the community and everybody to do the same for me," concerned resident, Timothy Boyd, said.

Without a trace of Hailey Dunn anywhere in sight, the citizens of Colorado City and surrounding towns are stepping up their efforts to find the missing 13-year-old.

On Saturday, nearly 200 people came out on foot, on horseback and even on four-wheelers, trying to find anything that can lead to Hailey, but many of those people agree, they're hoping their search doesn't turn up anything.

"Just looking for tracks, just looking for grass that's laid down, looking for thick wooded areas," Boyd said. "We hope we don't find anything of evidence in that, we're hoping that she's safe somewhere else."

Word of Saturday's search spread fast on Facebook and it drew people from all over West Texas including Sweetwater and San Angelo, and even someone from Austin.

"It makes me feel great, I mean, Texas cares and it shows," Volunteer, Bubba Limones, said.

Limones helped organize the search. He and other residents said they never thought twice about their children's safety before Hailey vanished.

"This doesn't happen here," he said. "I've lived here for 30 years and I was never scared of anything like this happening."

Amber Austerman, a resident of Sweetwater, grew up in Colorado City.

"It's just hard, I cant imagine, I cant sleep," Austerman said. "I don't think anybody can sleep at night if they're a mother."

Whether it was feeling a parent's agony or just simply wanting to help out their community, searchers said they won't stop until Hailey is found.

"Just to find her, just to make sure she's safe," Austerman said. "She needs to be at home where she belongs."

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.