March 28, 2024, 01:34:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas #1 1/03/11 - 1/12/11  (Read 387428 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: January 10, 2011, 09:04:35 AM »

Looks as if most of her posts on FB are done on an Iphone.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100001908815932&v=wall

Bingo Babskats!
  When I read there weren't computers in the home, my mind went right to cell phones.  Some of the smart phones, like the iphone, droid and etc. are little computers, and don't need an internet connection/wi fi to use.  Facebook & myspace could be easily accessed and updated anywhere, anytime imo.  Even if Hailey didn't have her own smart phone, there could be other friends that have them that she can use to update her myspace. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #481 on: January 10, 2011, 09:49:23 AM »

Oh how creepy......have they found the mask?

It must be of something awful. I can only guess who the mask is of....I guess Michael Myers. You can get a pretty good replica at any costume shop.

It looks like the Mask post is cut off - KLAAS  - Any chance you can log in and get the rest of the post? 
I'm going to guess they are talking about the new mask  http://www.halloweenmovies.com/latestnews/2010/09/all-new-officially-licensed-michael-myers-mask/   They appear to be discussing the Halloween/Michael Myers movies, the first and best being the 1978 movie Halloween, with Jamie Lee Curtis.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #482 on: January 10, 2011, 10:15:35 AM »

Robert Adkins

January 6 at 7:35am via Facebook Mobile
RECENT ACTIVITY

Robert likes Find Hailey Dunn.· Like

Robert Adkins
Haily i miss u i want you to come home your mom whants u home we love u were stil looking ur mom said shes not mad she just wants her baby back i hope you read this love you
January 2 at 8:23pm via Mobile Web · Share

Wonder what he means by ur mom said shes not mad?  I guess just an assumption on his part from talking to her Mom?  Was there a blow out at home the night before or something?  Was Hailey even home the night before? Who would really know?  Mom and BF wouldn't and brother spent the night before Hailey went missing with a friend. Just posting this FB via mobile phone site from another Adkins.  How many Adkins are there and how are they related?  This young man doesn't mention missing HD till 2 or 3 days after the 28th.  Wonder what rumors are going around school about this?  I'm thinkin the whole "SA tell mom I'm going to spend the night with MaryBeth" thing isn't made up!  Maybe they don't even know which day she went missing.  How long had the brother been at his friends?  Was he asked by his friend to stay over or did Mom send him and which day did he go?  Something smells real bad here!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: January 10, 2011, 10:39:17 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001908815932&v=wall  When you read some of the comments on Hailey's FB some are very interesting, but at the same time this is a 13 year old girl, so who knows.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: January 10, 2011, 10:49:22 AM »

Two Weeks Later: Still No Sign of Hailey Dunn  (with video)

Colorado City, TX - Monday marks what investigators believe is two weeks since 13-year-old Hailey Dunn vanished in Colorado City. But at this point, they aren't so sure their timeline is accurate.
“The family has not been forthcoming," said Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean. "Their discernment of the truth continues to change. It's very frustrating."

Hailey's mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, claims to be the last person to see the teen before she vanished from her home in Colorado City, a small town of 4,000, located halfway between Abilene and Midland. Adkins said on the afternoon of Monday, December 27, Hailey told him she was going to stop by her dad's house before staying at a friend's home that evening. She left the home and hasn't been spotted since.

"At this point, we aren't positive if she went missing Sunday, Monday, or even Tuesday," Dean said during a news conference Sunday.

One thing that is for sure: Hailey's mother Billie Dunn reported her missing Tuesday, December 28. Thirteen days into the investigation, authorities say they have yet to discover evidence of foul play and it appears Hailey is hiding and doesn't want to be found.

"I'm confident we'll find Hailey," said Dean. "I don't think Hailey wants to be found. I believe she's hiding. She's probably scared at this point. We're going to find her."

Dean tells KTAB News Billie Dunn was asked additional questions over the weekend by investigators. Billie Dunn also told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro that she was asked to take another polygraph test. She went on to say she's not sure if she'll take it because she's frustrated with the system. Billie Dunn claims both she and her boyfriend Shawn Adkins failed their polygraph tests last week. Investigators say they never revealed results of the testing to Dunn or Adkins.

Dean told the media twelve agencies are involved in the search for Hailey. After canvassing Hailey's Colorado City neighborhood and doing a thorough search of the town of Dunn over the weekend, authorities are now primarily following up on leads.

The latest lead to surface involves two girls investigators are asking to come forward who might have key information regarding Hailey's whereabouts. Over the weekend, a new witness told authorities that he or she spotted Hailey walking with two other girls in the 200 block of Manuel Street in Colorado City. The witness couldn't recall whether she spotted the trio on Sunday, December 26 or Monday, December 27. The witness recalls seeing the girls between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.

"These girls are not suspects," said Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean. "These girls may not realize that they have some very valuable information."

Meanwhile, volunteers continue to organize searches in hopes of finding Hailey hiding in rural, wooded areas. According to the "Help Find Hailey Dunn" Facebook page, a search was planned for early Monday morning in Coahoma. People interested in searching planned to meet at the volunteer fire department.

On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, hundreds of people took part in grassroots searches in-and-around Colorado City. Law enforcement says they're not directly involved with these searches and they appreciate the efforts of the volunteers.

At last check, the elite search group Texas Equusearch was one standby to come assist with the investigation. TES says they were requested to come help by the Dunn family. On Friday, TES told KTAB News they were speaking with authorities about how they might be able to help out.

Officials now say the information that leads to Hailey's safe return is $15,000. They previously estimated much higher at $25,000.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329706

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #485 on: January 10, 2011, 10:50:16 AM »

We Need to Rely on God, Hailey's Pastor Says  (with video)

As the disappearance of Hailey Dunn reaches the two-week point, prayer is more important than ever, said Bobby Matlock, pastor of Christian Temple, the church Hailey attended.

"The only thing that's going to bring strength is prayer," Matlock said.

Hailey was last seen on Dec. 27 at her home in Colorado City, and with each passing day risk losing hope.

"This whole community needs to rely on God to bring a closure to this deal."

As Hailey's Wednesday night youth group continued without her for a second week, her youth leader encouraged the kids to make cards for Hailey's parents.

"I said, whatever comes to their mind, speak out of their heart," Scott Free said.

People are turning to Facebook to make their prayers for Hailey public.

"I pray for those searching to bring you home Hailey," one woman wrote on the Find Hailey Dunn Facebook page.  "I pray that they stay warm and out of harms way."

Others are leaving scripture passages, such as "The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed a stronghold in times of trouble."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329757
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: January 10, 2011, 10:52:32 AM »

Hailey Dunn Searchers Hold Candlelight Vigil

COAHOMA - Hundreds of searchers for Hailey Dunn gathered in Coahoma Sunday night to hold a candlelight vigil in support of her safe return.

So many lives have been touched by the efforts to find and bring Hailey home.

And when the search can't carry on for the day, West Texans in Coahoma kept up their support with candlelight.

"All these different towns are joining together with one common goal and that's to find this girl," volunteer Kevin Walker, said.

Music was played, hands were held and prayers were said.

For the volunteer searchers in Coahoma, this was a time to build up the one feeling that's been keeping them going after days of no results.

"Some hope and just to bring us together and to give us a way to pray and just give us some strength, and bring us together as a community," Heather Maddox, one of the organizers of the vigil, said.

When NewsWest 9 arrived in Coahoma before the vigil began, the 20 volunteers setting up swelled to more than 100 in 10 minutes time.

By the end of the night, candles were held by around 300 people.

"Just speaking to God today," Hailey's cousin, Machelle Barr, said. "I really think he's going to bring her home to us. I believe that."

The Salvation Army of Big Spring has been with these volunteers since Saturday giving them food and drinks while they search.

And they say they'll stay as long as they are needed.

"If it's just three or four we'll still be here," Captain Terrie Cheshire, with the Big Spring Salvation Army, said. "We have a truck that we can bring instead of our canteen and we can serve out of it. People give us money and this is their money in action."

When the sun rises on Monday, many of these people will be on the lookout again, searching wherever they haven't already.

But on this night, hundreds of candles glowed in a sign that they wouldn't give up, hoping no one else does either.

NewsWest 9 has also heard rumors that the body of Hailey Dunn was found somewhere between Coahoma and Colorado City. NewsWest 9 called DPS Trooper Sparky Dean and he has officially shut down those rumors, saying they haven't heard or seen any evidence of that.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13812707
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: January 10, 2011, 10:53:16 AM »

Official, trooper to discuss 'lead' in missing Colorado City teen's case with students today

Senior Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky Dean said he plans on accompanying Pete Kampfer, city manager and Colorado City police department spokesman, at 8 a.m. Monday to the district’s middle school to address students about the disappearance of missing teen Hailey Dunn.

Kampfer and Dean plan also to speak at the high school, he said Sunday.

The address will refer to a lead received by a witness who saw Hailey walking with two girls the afternoon of either Dec. 26 or Dec. 27. The witness who confirmed seeing Hailey, however, was unsure of who the two other girls were. They were seen walking east in the 200 block of Manuel Street in Colorado City, which is less than a quarter mile from Hailey’s home.

Speaking with the two girls seen with Hailey may lead authorities to important information about where Hailey could be.

Dean said $15,000 is currently in hand to reward anyone with information that leads to Hailey’s safe return.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/09/official-trooper-to-discuss-lead-with-students/
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #488 on: January 10, 2011, 10:56:34 AM »

Official, trooper to discuss 'lead' in missing Colorado City teen's case with students today

Senior Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky Dean said he plans on accompanying Pete Kampfer, city manager and Colorado City police department spokesman, at 8 a.m. Monday to the district’s middle school to address students about the disappearance of missing teen Hailey Dunn.

Kampfer and Dean plan also to speak at the high school, he said Sunday.

The address will refer to a lead received by a witness who saw Hailey walking with two girls the afternoon of either Dec. 26 or Dec. 27. The witness who confirmed seeing Hailey, however, was unsure of who the two other girls were. They were seen walking east in the 200 block of Manuel Street in Colorado City, which is less than a quarter mile from Hailey’s home.

Speaking with the two girls seen with Hailey may lead authorities to important information about where Hailey could be.

Dean said $15,000 is currently in hand to reward anyone with information that leads to Hailey’s safe return.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/09/official-trooper-to-discuss-lead-with-students/
I can't shake the feeling that something happened with her friends, maybe a fight over a boyfriend and it got out of hand? I hope she is just hiding out and a friend may know all about it and is afraid to talk.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: January 10, 2011, 11:07:37 AM »

All her posts on her FB and Myspace say posted from iPhone.  No one has mentioned where the iPhone is now.  I am hoping LE is on top of this but from what I have read I do not think so some how.  The iPhone has a built in GPS chip so they could find the phone I would hope.

Reading back on her FB there is nothing to indicate she would run away.  She was excited about having a baby shower for her little sister, looking after the twins while her Aunt and Uncle were Christmas shopping and just being a kid.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: January 10, 2011, 11:09:09 AM »

All her posts on her FB and Myspace say posted from iPhone.  No one has mentioned where the iPhone is now.  I am hoping LE is on top of this but from what I have read I do not think so some how.  The iPhone has a built in GPS chip so they could find the phone I would hope.

Reading back on her FB there is nothing to indicate she would run away.  She was excited about having a baby shower for her little sister, looking after the twins while her Aunt and Uncle were Christmas shopping and just being a kid.

would the iphone be her mothers? she said that she left the phone at home for the kids while she was at work...dunno..

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #491 on: January 10, 2011, 11:09:09 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001908815932&v=wall  When you read some of the comments on Hailey's FB some are very interesting, but at the same time this is a 13 year old girl, so who knows.

Thank-you No Rose for the link.  She is sooo..cute in the baby photo.

She Doesn'tread?  Good Lord. Her wall said book, don't read. Perhaps that is the biggest problem in the the generation, they weren't read to or even encouraged to read anything, a book or a magazine. Good Lord. I never heard of anyone, that did not read. I read the newspaper as a child, because we were encouraged at school to read the paper. She knew how to read,
but did not know the fun of reading, I suppose.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: January 10, 2011, 11:12:26 AM »

Somebody on WS made a comment about a comment on Hailey's FB, about a beatdown with some girls. For the life of me I do not see it anywhere. If that is true, and what exactly would be considered a beatdown by a girl that young, that is why I'm wondering if perhaps a fight happened and things got out of control?
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #493 on: January 10, 2011, 11:14:36 AM »

I saw the mom on NG and according to Mom, the daughter was getting along with the live-in BF.  The daughter would ask the mom's boyfriend for $10.00, what the heck?  Good grief, why?  Mom had a job as a Hospital clerk, reportly, why would she even
allow her to ask for money?  Did the BF want something back for the money?  geez.  Was he planning on taking advantage of her
when giving her the money?

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: January 10, 2011, 11:17:21 AM »

Maybe mom didn't leave Hailey lunch money or some other reason that she had to ask bf...maybe mom was at work, Hailey was going somewhere, needed money..I don't find that so unusual since the bf lived there with the family..could be a simple reason of why bf gave her money vs mom..dunno.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #495 on: January 10, 2011, 11:17:35 AM »

I saw the mom on NG and according to Mom, the daughter was getting along with the live-in BF.  The daughter would ask the mom's boyfriend for $10.00, what the heck?  Good grief, why?  Mom had a job as a Hospital clerk, reportly, why would she even
allow her to ask for money?  Did the BF want something back for the money?  geez.  Was he planning on taking advantage of her
when giving her the money?
“The family has not been forthcoming," said Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean. "Their discernment of the truth continues to change. It's very frustrating."     That is bothersome, the boyfriend is not family so who is not being forthcoming?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: January 10, 2011, 11:20:42 AM »

Thank-you No Rose for the link.  She is sooo..cute in the baby photo.

She Doesn'tread?  Good Lord. Her wall said book, don't read. Perhaps that is the biggest problem in the the generation, they weren't read to or even encouraged to read anything, a book or a magazine. Good Lord. I never heard of anyone, that did not read. I read the newspaper as a child, because we were encouraged at school to read the paper. She knew how to read,
but did not know the fun of reading, I suppose.

Perhaps Hailey doesn't read for pleasure.  I know some adults and teens that are very capable of reading, but they just don't enjoy it and would note "don't read".   In my household, we are all readers, including newspapers, library, internet and etc.  But I have family members outside my household that haven't been to a library in years, don't take a daily paper, never even pick up a paperback and they are able to read.  They just don't read unless there's a need.  I read everything, including cereal boxes 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #497 on: January 10, 2011, 11:35:46 AM »

I am even wondering if she has a boyfriend that is older and they may have took off, and the fact he is older and could get into major trouble. Because when you look at her FB comments there is a guy she loves on there.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #498 on: January 10, 2011, 11:53:29 AM »

I noticed that the FB posting did not start coming from the phone until about mid November - wonder if BioDad has a computer in his house?

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #499 on: January 10, 2011, 11:54:34 AM »

Somebody on WS made a comment about a comment on Hailey's FB, about a beatdown with some girls. For the life of me I do not see it anywhere. If that is true, and what exactly would be considered a beatdown by a girl that young, that is why I'm wondering if perhaps a fight happened and things got out of control?

I would assume that investigators have determined whether the truth was forthcoming regarding Mary Beth's claim of no contact with Hailey on Monday, December 27th.

Janet

+++++++

A Sighting?

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 4, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: What did this woman see?

B. DUNN:  She saw Hailey, Mary Beth and a boy that she didn`t recognize.

GRACE: Now have you -- have you spoken with Mary Beth? Did that in fact happen?

B. DUNN: I hadn`t asked her about that. I`m letting the police handle Mary Beth. I do call her to ask her hey, what did Hailey say to you on Monday, did she call you Monday, did you guys text, did she say she was going somewhere else Monday, or with another friend Monday, and she tells me no.

GRACE: Did she say she even saw Hailey on Monday?

B. DUNN: She hasn`t told me that she did. No.

GRACE: OK. So to your knowledge, Hailey never went to Mary Beth`s?

B. DUNN: Right. That`s what she says.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

Another Sighting?

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 4, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

BILLIE DUNN: We hear that another lady says she saw Hailey, her friend and a boy she didn`t recognize Monday evening -- it was already dark -- walking on the main street by a store. So they`re looking at that video surveillance, too, seeing if that story checks out, see if they can put her somewhere that evening.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.