March 28, 2024, 04:40:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas #1 1/03/11 - 1/12/11  (Read 387451 times)
Turtletop17
Scared Monkey

« Reply #520 on: January 10, 2011, 02:42:40 PM »

one other question I have...surely she has set up an itunes account. hopefully the LE has checked to see if she has logged into it. Wonder if she took this with her?
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #521 on: January 10, 2011, 02:43:20 PM »

Forgive me Monkeys if this has already been posted.

Hailey Dunn: Trooper says she is alive and hiding
http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/hailey-dunn-tropper-says-she-is-alive-and-hiding

I am happy if this is true. This would explain why Mom wasn't hysterical like I would have been, just the thought the kid is cold
or hungry, makes me shiver, let alone worse.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: January 10, 2011, 02:46:26 PM »

Forgive me Monkeys if this has already been posted.

Hailey Dunn: Trooper says she is alive and hiding
http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/hailey-dunn-tropper-says-she-is-alive-and-hiding

I am happy if this is true. This would explain why Mom wasn't hysterical like I would have been, just the thought the kid is cold
or hungry, makes me shiver, let alone worse.

I am hoping that Hailey is alive and hiding too... an angelic monkey

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: January 10, 2011, 02:48:54 PM »

WELCOME Turtletop17   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: January 10, 2011, 02:50:23 PM »

Reward raised to $15,450

The reward for information leading to the safe return of Hailey Dunn has been raised to $15,450, according to the Colorado City Police Department.

Authorities continue to search for the missing 13-year-old, who is still listed as a runaway based on evidence and information to date.

Texas Department of Public Safety Senior Trooper Phillip "Sparky" Dean met with middle school students at Colorado Middle School Monday morning, January 10 to ask for help in locating two girls thought to have been with Hailey on Monday, December 27.

"They're not in trouble. We just want to talk with them about Hailey's state of mind," Dean said. "What she was thinking, if she had plans to meet somebody."

"We know she could be scared. I'm scared for her," Dean said, telling the students he hoped Hailey was "playing hide and seek."

Dean also reassured students that Colorado City was still a safe place.

"It's no different than it was two weeks ago. It's as safe as it has been and we're going to keep it that way," he said.

http://ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/reward-raised-15450
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: January 10, 2011, 02:55:53 PM »

Two Weeks Later: Still No Sign of Hailey Dunn
Monday, January 10 2011

Colorado City, TX—Monday marks what investigators believe is two weeks since Hailey Dunn, 13, vanished in Colorado City. 

Now, however, they aren't so sure that time line is accurate.

"The family has not been forthcoming," said Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean. "Their discernment of the truth continues to change.  It's very frustrating."

Hailey's mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, claims to be the last person to see the teen before she vanished from her home in Colorado City, a small town of 4,000, located halfway between Abilene and Midland. Adkins said on the afternoon of Monday, Dec. 27, Hailey told him she was going to stop by her dad's house before staying at a friend's home that evening. She left the home and hasn't been spotted since.

"At this point, we aren't positive if she went missing (on that) Sunday, Monday, or even Tuesday," Dean said during a news conference on Jan. 9.

One thing that is for sure – Hailey's mother Billie Dunn reported her missing Tuesday, Dec. 28. Thirteen days into the investigation, authorities say they have yet to discover evidence of foul play, and it appears Hailey is hiding and doesn't want to be found.

"I'm confident we'll find Hailey," said Dean. "I don't think Hailey wants to be found. I believe she's hiding. She's probably scared at this point. We're going to find her."

Dean tells KTAB News Billie Dunn was asked additional questions over the weekend by investigators. Billie Dunn also told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro that she was asked to take another polygraph test. She went on to say she's not sure if she'll take it because she's frustrated with the system. Billie Dunn claims both she and her boyfriend Shawn Adkins failed their polygraph tests last week. Investigators say they never revealed results of the testing to Dunn or Adkins.

Dean told the media that 12 agencies are involved in the search for Hailey. After canvassing Hailey's Colorado City neighborhood and doing a thorough search of the town of Dunn over the weekend, authorities are now primarily following up on leads.

The latest lead to surface involves two girls investigators are asking to come forward who might have key information regarding Hailey's whereabouts. Over the weekend, a new witness told authorities that he or she spotted Hailey walking with two other girls in the 200 block of Manuel Street in Colorado City. The witness couldn't recall whether she spotted the trio on Sunday, December 26 or Monday, December 27. The witness recalls seeing the girls between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.

"These girls are not suspects," said Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean. "These girls may not realize that they have some very valuable information."

Meanwhile, volunteers continue to organize searches in hopes of finding Hailey hiding in rural, wooded areas. According to the "Help Find Hailey Dunn" Facebook page, a search was planned for early Monday morning in Coahoma. People interested in searching planned to meet at the volunteer fire department.

On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, hundreds of people took part in grassroots searches in and around Colorado City. Law enforcement says they're not directly involved with these searches and they appreciate the efforts of the volunteers.

At last check, the elite search group Texas Equusearch was one standby to come assist with the investigation. TES says they were requested to come help by the Dunn family. On Friday, TES told KTAB News they were speaking with authorities about how they might be able to help out.

Officials now say the information that leads to Hailey's safe return is $15,000. They previously estimated much higher at $25,000.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329706

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Turtletop17
Scared Monkey

« Reply #526 on: January 10, 2011, 03:22:21 PM »

Thank you all for the welcome!
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #527 on: January 10, 2011, 03:23:44 PM »

My daughter ran away when she was 13 (she is now a very responsible 35 yr old). She had a girlfriend whose father had to be out of town all the time and there was no mother around. This girl had an older sister that was suppose to be babysitting but she did not do a very good job of it. My daughter wanted to go to this party the girls were throwing. I said no because I knew it was going to be an unsupervised party. About 4 in the morning something woke me out of a dead sleep. I got up to investigate, looked all around saw nothing, kids all in bed that sort of thing. So I went to the bathroom, when I walked past the back door coming out of the bathroom the wind blew the back door open. (bout p'd my pants). I looked out on the back porch and around the yard and saw nothing. I went back again to check on my daughters. When I bent over Brandi's bed I noticed she was rather lumpy. Of course when I pulled the covers back she was not there. I immediately called the cops. We all pretty much knew this was a runaway situation. They went to the 2 friends I knew she would have went to. Of course the people throwing the party said she was not there. With all the underage drinking going on at that home the cops kinda got sidetracked and started sending kids home and calling parents of who were there. To make a long story short, I found her 2 1/2 days later. She had been at this other girls house the whole time. I found her in the park when the girls made her leave because the dad was suppose to be coming home and they knew they were in some deep do do.  Didn't know whether to hug her or knock her socks off. I thank God to this day it ended the way it did.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Turtletop17
Scared Monkey

« Reply #528 on: January 10, 2011, 03:25:29 PM »

I know this is an old post but why would Billie want to date someone like this. He is scary I cant say I blame HD....this was a comment SA posted on someones MS page..
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: January 10, 2011, 03:30:54 PM »

My daughter ran away when she was 13 (she is now a very responsible 35 yr old). She had a girlfriend whose father had to be out of town all the time and there was no mother around. This girl had an older sister that was suppose to be babysitting but she did not do a very good job of it. My daughter wanted to go to this party the girls were throwing. I said no because I knew it was going to be an unsupervised party. About 4 in the morning something woke me out of a dead sleep. I got up to investigate, looked all around saw nothing, kids all in bed that sort of thing. So I went to the bathroom, when I walked past the back door coming out of the bathroom the wind blew the back door open. (bout p'd my pants). I looked out on the back porch and around the yard and saw nothing. I went back again to check on my daughters. When I bent over Brandi's bed I noticed she was rather lumpy. Of course when I pulled the covers back she was not there. I immediately called the cops. We all pretty much knew this was a runaway situation. They went to the 2 friends I knew she would have went to. Of course the people throwing the party said she was not there. With all the underage drinking going on at that home the cops kinda got sidetracked and started sending kids home and calling parents of who were there. To make a long story short, I found her 2 1/2 days later. She had been at this other girls house the whole time. I found her in the park when the girls made her leave because the dad was suppose to be coming home and they knew they were in some deep do do.  Didn't know whether to hug her or knock her socks off. I thank God to this day it ended the way it did.

glad that your story turned out to be a happy one..maybe Hailey's story will be one of happiness as well..thanks for sharing this with us..

my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #530 on: January 10, 2011, 03:33:36 PM »

Yep I wouldn't want to be SA neighbor let alone live in the same house with him....wouldn't blame Hailey a bit if she ran away but if that were the case then you would think that all of the families stories would be right on target and that all of the lie detector tests would have been passed after all there would be no reason to lie or be nervous right? I am very concerned that harm has come to Hailey...I hope that I am wrong.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: January 10, 2011, 03:37:32 PM »

Yep I wouldn't want to be SA neighbor let alone live in the same house with him....wouldn't blame Hailey a bit if she ran away but if that were the case then you would think that all of the families stories would be right on target and that all of the lie detector tests would have been passed after all there would be no reason to lie or be nervous right? I am very concerned that harm has come to Hailey...I hope that I am wrong.

I am concerned as well...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #532 on: January 10, 2011, 03:54:18 PM »

Welcome Turtletop.  Maybe Billie enjoys horror flicks just like Shawn, and that was what connected the two of them?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #533 on: January 10, 2011, 03:58:11 PM »

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329797  Tim Miller is waiting for a call and then will proceed from there.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #534 on: January 10, 2011, 04:57:10 PM »

I know this is an old post but why would Billie want to date someone like this. He is scary I cant say I blame HD....this was a comment SA posted on someones MS page..

Women like bad boys. I have known females who just loved crooks, etc. Thank-God I never found a attaction to this type.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #535 on: January 10, 2011, 05:01:36 PM »

glad that your story turned out to be a happy one..maybe Hailey's story will be one of happiness as well..thanks for sharing this with us..

Lenie,

Thank-you for sharing.  If you don't mind me saying, it could be genetic.  I know of a family of strong-minded females, goes back
to the great grandmother, who ran off, too.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #536 on: January 10, 2011, 05:04:49 PM »

Lenie,

Thank-you for sharing.  If you don't mind me saying, it could be genetic.  I know of a family of strong-minded females, goes back

HAHAHAHA I ran away when I was about 15. I left my parents a note saying exactly where I was going. I wanted to go to town with my girlfriend and we lived way out in the country. I walked about 6 miles to her house and then we walked another 4 to get into town. My poor mom and dad.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: January 10, 2011, 05:05:37 PM »

snip from Seahorse post above:

Lenie,

anyone we know? tee hee!

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #538 on: January 10, 2011, 05:11:42 PM »

snip from Seahorse post above:

Lenie,

anyone we know? tee hee!

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: January 10, 2011, 05:17:07 PM »

The following time line of events was compiled by Bigcountryhomepage.com based on information gathered each day during the search for Hailey Dunn, interviews with Hailey's mother both conducted by our reporters and by Headline News' Nancy Grace, and by reports published by other local media outlets, such as ccitynews.net.  This time line is not meant to be a point of reference, not a fact guide.

Anyone with information about Hailey Dunn is asked to contact the Colorado City Police Department at 325-728-5294.

Sunday, Dec. 26
•    Hailey spent the night with her dad, Clint Dunn, on Christmas, so the morning of Dec. 26 was the last time he saw her

Monday, Dec. 27
•    A neighbor sees Hailey talking on the phone in her backyard
•    Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, says live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins is fired from his job after some sort of blow-up
•    Shawn comes home at 3 p.m.
•    Hailey tells him at 3:15 p.m. that she is going to her dad’s, then to Mary Beth’s for a sleepover, but neither Clint nor Mary Beth see or hear from her.

Tuesday, Dec. 28
•    Billie calls her son, David, and asks him to tell Hailey to come home
•    Hailey is reported missing

Wednesday, Dec. 29
•    Bigcountryhomepage.com reports the story and airs a description of Hailey, saying police are treating it as a missing person

Thursday, Dec. 30
•    A description and photo of the missing girl have been entered in the TCIC NCIC Region 5 broadcast system which covers surrounding counties. Also, the information has been put on the CopSync system providing anyone in the state with the CopSync system a picture and information on Dunn.
•    Bigcountryhomepage.com reports interim police chief John Bivens is treating the case as a runaway
•    Searches begin in Colorado City

Friday, Dec. 31
•    Bloodhounds follow Hailey’s scent through her neighborhood and to the general vicinity of the Western Suites Motel
•    Friends set up a Facebook page to spread the word
•    A donor creates a $1,000 reward

Saturday, Jan. 1
•   Concerned residents looking to get the word out about Hailey's disappearance turn to the internet and social media.

Sunday, Jan. 2
•    The reward is increased to $10,000
•    Hundreds show up for a candlelight vigil

Monday, Jan. 3
•    Nancy Grace takes Hailey’s disappearance national and interviews Billie Dunn
•    Grace and guests criticize the initial treatment of the case as a “runaway”
•    FindHaileyDunn.com is created

Tuesday, Jan. 4
•    Reward is increased to $25,000
•    The case is changed with “missing person”

Wednesday, Jan. 5
•    Billie Dunn, Adkins take polygraph tests.  Both fail, according to Dunn.
•    Adkins leaves town to stay with relatives
•    Dunn is interrogated for more than 10 hours
•    ABC News airs story about disappearance

Thursday, Jan. 6
•    Texas Rangers search Dunn home and seize evidence
•    DPS helicopter conducts aerial search
•    Investigators say the search is intensifying and they’re narrowing leads
•    Billie Dunn appears again on Nancy Grace, saying she was told Adkins failed the polygraph prior to her test, then failed herself.
•    Lamar unveils donated missing person billboards
•    CBS News, Fox News air stories about disappearance

Friday, Jan. 7
•    Volunteers are asked to gather at 2 p.m. at the Mitchell County Court House to begin a county-wide search
•    Law enforcement conducts door-to-door interviews in Colorado City
•    The polygraph administrator says he did not release the results to anyone
•    DPS interviews Billie Dunn again   

Saturday, Jan. 8
•    Volunteers head out to again search for clues
•    Law enforcement continues going door-to-door in Colorado City. Primary focus for the day moves to Dunn, Texas
•    Authorities say they've found nothing to lead them to believe foul play is involved in Hailey's disappearance.
•    "Find Hailey Dunn" Facebook page reaches 10,000 fans.

Sunday, Jan. 9
•    Authorities say key players in the case are not being forthcoming with the truth
•    A witness comes forward saying she saw Hailey walking with two girls either December 26th or 27th. Authorities ask those girls to come forward
•    Hundreds gather in towns across the Big Country to pray for Hailey at vigils.

Monday, Jan. 10
•   DPS and the Texas Rangers spoke to Colorado Middle School students pleading for anyone who knew anything about Hailey to come forward.  They emphasized to the kids that no one was in trouble.
•   Investigators interview two students, but haven't said if they are the ones that were spotted with Hailey.
•   Nancy Grace dedicates another one-hour broadcast to the Dunn investigation.
•   We learned Billie and Clint Dunn both submitted DNA samples in the event a body needs to be identified.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329087
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.