March 28, 2024, 08:23:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas #1 1/03/11 - 1/12/11  (Read 387404 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #540 on: January 10, 2011, 05:19:05 PM »

thanks Northern for the summary...very helpful

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #541 on: January 10, 2011, 05:56:43 PM »

Northern Rose - Ditto

Thanks so much for the summary - and the work you've put into it....the summary's great!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #542 on: January 10, 2011, 05:58:32 PM »

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329767          Interesting.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: January 10, 2011, 06:00:07 PM »

Northern Rose - Ditto

Thanks so much for the summary - and the work you've put into it....the summary's great!

I did not write the sumamry, just brought it here from the news site.  It is a good summary.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: January 10, 2011, 06:15:15 PM »

Monday, 4 p.m.
The two girls who authorities interviewed this afternoon say they played basketball with Hailey sometime prior to her disappearance.

Monday, 2 p.m.
Investigators are interviewing two students at Colorado Middle School this afternoon to see if they are the ones spotted with Dunn before her disappearance.

A new witness came forward over the weekend and told authorities that he or she spotted Hailey walking with two other girls in the 200 block of Manuel Street in Colorado City.  The witness cannot recall if it was on Sunday, Dec. 26 or Monday, Dec. 27.

Police said this afternoon that they aren't sure if the girls being interviewed are the same ones spotted, but are hopeful that students will come forward with clues that can aid in the investigation.

Monday, 10:15 a.m.
Police and school administrators are pleading with the students of Colorado Middle School to come forward with any information about Hailey Dunn, after a witness reported seeing the missing 13-year-old walking with two girls.

The witness does not remember whether he or she saw them on Dec. 26 or 27.

Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean, city manager Pete Kampfer, and principal Mark Merrell didn't mention the two girls at Monday's 8 a.m. assembly, but assured the student body that if anyone had any information about Hailey, that person would not be in trouble.

"Even if it's just a little bit of information, you might not think it's important, but it might be a missing piece of the puzzle," Dean told the students.

Colorado Middle School handed over surveillance video to investigators today that shows Hailey walking through the halls of the school.  The video is very grainy, but investigators hope to digitally remaster it and get a better idea of what hailey looked like.

Continuing Coverage:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329767

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: January 10, 2011, 06:15:31 PM »

Law enforcement expanding investigation

In a press conference held Monday afternoon at 4 p.m., City Manager Pete Kampfer indicated that law enforcement agents are focusing on multiple leads and in various directions in the case of the 13-year-old Hailey Dunn at this time.

DNA samples have been taken from several people and many Colorado Middle School students have also been interviewed. Authorities are using every means possible to find Hailey, and over 100 billboards across Texas feature the missing girl. Billboards may also be a tool put in use in Arizona and New Mexico.

"Law enforcement agencies are focusing on multimple directions," Kampfer said at the press conference. He also said that "some if not most (of the directions) might be on the criminal side."

According to Kampfer, the Texas Rangers are moving fast toward a definite direction for the investigation, and some of the leads being investigated are in the immediate proximity and some are out of state.

Kampfer also expressed gratitude to the cities of Big Spring and Sweetwater for sending in police officers to go on routine patrol, freeing up Colorado City's police officers to work on the Dunn's case.

http://ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/law-enforcement-expanding-investigation
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: January 10, 2011, 06:18:54 PM »

In a press conference held Monday afternoon at 4 p.m., City Manager Pete Kampfer indicated that law enforcement agents are focusing on multiple leads and in various directions in the case of the 13-year-old Hailey Dunn at this time.

DNA samples have been taken from several people and many Colorado Middle School students have also been interviewed. Authorities are using every means possible to find Hailey, and over 100 billboards across Texas feature the missing girl. Billboards may also be a tool put in use in Arizona and New Mexico.

"Law enforcement agencies are focusing on multimple directions," Kampfer said at the press conference. He also said that "some if not most (of the directions) might be on the criminal side."

According to Kampfer, the Texas Rangers are moving fast toward a definite direction for the investigation, and some of the leads being investigated are in the immediate proximity and some are out of state.

Kampfer also expressed gratitude to the cities of Big Spring and Sweetwater for sending in police officers to go on routine patrol, freeing up Colorado City's police officers to work on the Dunn's case.

What does "some if not most (of the directions) might be on the criminal side" mean?

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: January 10, 2011, 06:20:25 PM »

How did we switch from Trooper Sparky telling studens Hailey is hiding to Kampfer saying that most if not all of the direction of the investigation is on the criminal side in one day?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #548 on: January 10, 2011, 06:21:24 PM »

What does "some if not most (of the directions) might be on the criminal side" mean?

I don't know.  This has been very confusing from the start. 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: January 10, 2011, 06:24:36 PM »

I don't know.  This has been very confusing from the start. 

Sounds like Trooper Sparky and City Manager Pete Kampfer are not on the same page at all. And what is Kampfer doing talking to the school kids anyway. Shouldn't this be the duty of a law official?

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #550 on: January 10, 2011, 06:28:53 PM »

<snipped>

"The family won't help us isolate the when and where," Dean said. "The stories of key players changed as recent as last night. The only reason  we know Hailey is missing Tuesday is a phone record."

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/authorities-seek-possible-witnesses

What on earth is going on?

No shock here, I stated from the get - go that she (BD) didn't seem emotional enough to me, but I did consider that it was possibly drugs that dulled her affect and then  of LE's initial reaction, now I am starting to really wonder. That being said I could see this as a runaway as we've heard she didn't like SA and she posted on MS how unhappy she was about her dad having another child, IIRC she wrote he has 4 he can't support and I can also see a perp abducting her, crazy case.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #551 on: January 10, 2011, 06:45:47 PM »

Another thing - I wonder if the xbox taken was Hailey's, meaning in her bedroom and if they contain/hold a time/datestamp of last time played on them? 

I would also like to know if maybe she had the new "connect" for the xbox? It is motion sensored to play online with friends and it takes pictures of you as you play online...for viewing and laughing at later.

http://www.xbconnect.com/
XBConnect is software that runs on your PC and will let you play Microsoft Xbox/360 games and Sony PSP games with players from around the world. Imagine plugging your Xbox/360 or PSP into a LAN that went around the planet. Load up Halo, Halo 2, Rainbow Six 3 or any other compatible game and you can play with people all over the world. Thats what we do for you. You dont have to pay for expensive online gaming services anymore. Gone are the days of being stuck with career modes. If you got a PC, broad band internet and a game console, then all you need is XBConnect. So what are you waiting for? Get XBConnect and get your Xbox, 360 and PSP online today!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Kinect/GetStartedWhat can Kinect do with Xbox LIVE?
Xbox LIVE is the online gaming and entertainment service for your Xbox 360. Connect to Xbox LIVE for free to get the most from your Xbox 360 with free game demos, instant HD movies, and game add-ons like new songs and characters. An Xbox LIVE Gold membership gives you the best in entertainment. Enjoy instant HD movies from Netflix and live sports and highlights from ESPN on Xbox LIVE. Easily play games online with friends around the world. And Kinect™ makes your entertainment even more extraordinary. Imagine controlling movies and music with the wave of a hand or the sound of your voice, or chatting on your TV with Video Kinect.  Xbox LIVE is your connection to more games, entertainment and fun.**

Just a thought...

Welcome Turtle I too wondered that as it essentially makes it a computer when you have Kinect, I know my son wanted one....but he has enough junk and I don't allow them to have computers in their room

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #552 on: January 10, 2011, 06:54:46 PM »

I don't know.  This has been very confusing from the start.  

Are the reporters are confusing us?  This happened before  with misinformation. I read the "two girls" were playing basketball with HD, IDK when or where they played.  I read that on I.S. or the other site.

L.E may be giving misenformation, too, to throw the culprit off track.  Punks? How does a woman with a darling daughter, have the fudging nerve, to invite a punk to live into the house?

The mom said, BF's aunt picked him up.  Does this mean BF didn't have a car?

(Bolded by me)
seahorse, are you able to provide a link for this?  It helps a lot to avoid confusion or misinformation.  Thanks.  MuffyBee
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 07:12:09 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #553 on: January 10, 2011, 07:05:46 PM »

<snipped>

"The family won't help us isolate the when and where," Dean said. "The stories of key players changed as recent as last night. The only reason  we know Hailey is missing Tuesday is a phone record."

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/authorities-seek-possible-witnesses

What on earth is going on?

No shock here, I stated from the get - go that she (BD) didn't seem emotional enough to me, but I did consider that it was possibly drugs that dulled her affect and then   of LE's initial reaction, now I am starting to really wonder. That being said I could see this as a runaway as we've heard she didn't like SA and she posted on MS how unhappy she was about her dad having another child, IIRC she wrote he has 4 he can't support and I can also see a perp abducting her, crazy case.

BF said "I did not do anything to that girl". Where did we hear that before? (Needs a link, please.  MuffyBee)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 07:16:02 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: January 10, 2011, 07:17:55 PM »

REMINDER:  WE REQUIRE WHEN POSTING A QUOTE OF AN ARTICLE OR EVEN ANOTHER POSTER THAT YOU EITHER SUPPLY THE LINK OR QUOTE THE POST.  PLEASE DON'T JUST SAY "ACCORDING TO", OR "I READ".  WE ALWAYS WANT A LINK BACK TO THE SOURCE.  WE HAVE NOTICED RECENTLY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN NEGLECTING TO DO SO.  THANKS!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #555 on: January 10, 2011, 07:19:30 PM »

REMINDER:  WE REQUIRE WHEN POSTING A QUOTE OF AN ARTICLE OR EVEN ANOTHER POSTER THAT YOU EITHER SUPPLY THE LINK OR QUOTE THE POST.  PLEASE DON'T JUST SAY "ACCORDING TO", OR "I READ".  WE ALWAYS WANT A LINK BACK TO THE SOURCE.  WE HAVE NOTICED RECENTLY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN NEGLECTING TO DO SO.  THANKS!

OK. I will look for the NG transcript. I shall return.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: January 10, 2011, 07:21:28 PM »

TY seahorse.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: January 10, 2011, 07:33:16 PM »

1/10/11 Update, 6:30 p.m.: Officials say they are working more than 100 leads as they continue to look for Hailey. Some of those leads have come from out of state. DPS says Hailey's parents also provided DNA samples as part of the investigation. A press release from DPS clarified earlier statements that had been made to the media about Hailey. DPS says there is no evidence to support claims that Hailey is a runaway or is hiding. They are treating the case as a criminal investigation. DPS also says they are going to only hold press updates on Monday, Wednesday and Friday instead of everyday.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13804937
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #558 on: January 10, 2011, 07:34:52 PM »

TY seahorse.   

You caught me Muffy:) I misquoted SA. I quoted MC and fudged my quotes and that is not amusing to me. Sorry.

Here we go, Muffy:

BILLIE DUNN, MOM OF MISSING TEEN CHEERLEADER, HAILEY B. DUNN: He can take a polygraph in the morning. It`s set up for in the -- hopefully early.

SHAWN ADKINS, MISSING TEEN CHEERLEADER MOM`S BOYFRIEND: I love her with all my heart.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: A lot of buzz surrounding Hailey`s mother`s boyfriend Shawn Adkins. He was the last person to see Hailey alive.

ADKINS: I would never do nothing to hurt her. UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Shawn told me that he actually got home at about 3:00, and Hailey left the house at about 3:15.

DUNN: He had been at his mother`s house all day Monday.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: But (INAUDIBLE) being raised on Shawn.

ADKINS: My main focus is just Hailey.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html (fifty-five sown on the percent scroll bar)

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
helper
Scared Monkey

« Reply #559 on: January 10, 2011, 07:35:26 PM »

I am new to the monkeys however they say she may have ran away i wonder if she got any money from Christmas  and if so is it missing and did she have enough to get a bus  ticket out of town.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.