March 28, 2024, 02:14:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas #1 1/03/11 - 1/12/11  (Read 387434 times)
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #600 on: January 10, 2011, 10:50:10 PM »

well , the guy on NG tonite said that LE said that she could have got on I20 and headed to New Mexico or maybe even Arizona? I don't think so but apparently they do ....I wonder why they are leaning to that direction verses towards the Ft.Worth ...Dallas area after all trucks run both ways...I was looking at the cousin of SA myspace and noticed that his profile says that he is from Lovington New Mexico and he is 19....scroll down and it says that he went to a tech school in sweetwater tx in 2008 that is only about 40 miles from Colorado City. According to BD she has been dating SA for about 3 years so she would have been around in 2008 and Hailey could have met this cousin....I wonder if there was any calls on the cell phones to New Mexico.....also not that it matters scrolling to the very bottom of the page where the pets are purchased the cousin bought Billie as a pet and it has a picture of her and Shawn with a quote underneath it that reads Shawns dirty lil woman or someething like that.Anyway just wondering why they think that she may be in Mexico...any thoughts on this?
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: January 10, 2011, 11:36:22 PM »

On December 27, 2010 ... Haily Dunn's last known contact is her mother's live-in boyfriend ... Shawn Adkins.

On January 3 ... Billie Dunn was under the impression that Shawn returned from work at 3:00 PM on December 27, 2010 and had a short connection with Hailey.

On January 4 ... Billie Dunn changes the story.  Shawn did not arrive home at 3:00 PM December 27th from work.  He had been fired that morning and had spent the day at his mothers.

Considering a fired Shawn was not at work on the morning of December 28th ... what was he doing when Billie contacted him re her missing daughter?

Janet

++++++

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 3, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: Tell me what happened the day she went missing, Miss Dunn.

DUNN: She went missing on Monday while I was at work. My boyfriend - - he came home from work about 3:00 -- or he got to my house about 3:00. And he`s seen Hailey. Hailey was there. She told him, I`m running across the street to my dad`s house for a few minutes but I`m going Mary Beth`s, and I`m staying the night there. Let my mom know.

So that evening when he picked me up from work, we got home, we were getting ready for bed. I didn`t get worried when I hadn`t heard from Hailey. I thought she was at Mary Beth`s. I was kind of upset that she didn`t call and confirm it with me, but not worried at that point.

Tuesday, I was at work again, I left my cell phone at home for my kids to use when I`m working. So Tuesday, I called my son. I said tell Hailey text the little girl, her friend, tell Hailey she needs to go ahead and get home. This was around lunch. My son called me back within a few minutes and she said, mom, she said Hailey never made it over there. She never spent the night.

So at that point I called Hailey`s dad and found out she didn`t over there and she didn`t stay the night with him. I left from work and went to the police station in Colorado City and reported her missing.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/03/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 4, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: OK. Last night, didn`t you tell me he was on his way home from work, or did I just get that mistaken?

BILLIE DUNN: No, I said that. He went in Monday morning, but there was an argument. He was fired or there was just a big blow-up there. He walked out. He left his job by 6:30 in the morning and went to Big Spring (ph) to his mom`s house.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 6, 2011 - 20:00   ET

GRACE: What was Shawn Adkins` response when he found out she was missing?

DUNN: He came straight home. He had been pretty upset, he appeared shaken to me also and started being supportive to me.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html

He was in Big Spring (ph) to his mom`s house. - I would like another witness to that fact besides his mom.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: January 11, 2011, 12:12:33 AM »

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13819779
Missing teen's parents speak to NewsChannel 11; Pray for daughter's safe return
January 10, 2011

3-year-old Hailey Dunn is still missing. On Monday investigators were following up on leads around Colorado City. Hailey's mother and father spoke to NewsChannel 11 for the first time on Monday.

DPS Trooper Sparky Dean was quoted in other reports as saying they're confident Hailey is alive and hiding. Monday he clarified saying that while he hopes that is the case, there is no evidence that Hailey is hiding.

Authorities went to Hailey's middle school on Monday to speak with two girls reportedly seen with her near the time of her disappearance. Authorities confirmed they did talk with students, but wouldn't release whether they were the students they were looking for.

Hailey's parents say they hope tips continue to come in. They say it could be exactly what investigators need to bring their daughter home. "Even if you think it wasn't a big deal or its not important, it may be, it may be what investigators are looking for," said Hailey's mother Billie.

"I'm not going quit searching and I'm going do everything I can to make this bigger and more worldwide until she's found," said her father Clint.

After 2 weeks have passed, her parents say the last thing they want is for the public to forget about their little girl. "It's tough when we don't have any new news that we can say but I appreciate people keeping my daughters face up there on the news," said Billie.

In Monday's latest press release, authorities announced they had no new information to report. They did say there were over 100 billboards across the state with Hailey's information and picture. Investigators say that may be better than an amber alert, which doesn't have pictures.

The family says optimism comes and goes; but they're confident authorities will find their daughter. "I'm really scared for her my gut feeling goes worse after each night goes by," said Clint.

"We hope for the best but we still fear for the worst we have our moments when we break down and we can't be strong anywhere," Billie said.

Even though there were no major updates on Monday, Colorado City city manager Pete

Kampfer says the investigation is heating up. "They're focusing on multiple leads that go in different directions; and they're continuing to build leads and so they've got a ton working."

"God gave Hailey to me and to Clint. She's our daughter. We want her back, we love her and she's just a 13 year old little girl," Billie said.

Authorities encourage anyone with information to call the Colorado City police department at (325)-728-5294 or 1-800-The-Lost.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: January 11, 2011, 12:13:58 AM »

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26440274/detail.html
video
Hailey's Mother Defends Her Credibility On Nancy Grace Show
January 10, 2011

ABILENE, Texas -- Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Dunn, appeared again Monday night on the "Nancy Grace" show on the HLN network.

Grace continued to grill the mom about her statement last week that she was told she failed a polygraph test.

When we looked into that allegation last week, investigators told KTXS News neither the mother nor the boyfriend were informed about the results of their polygraph tests.

Monday night, Grace told Billie Dunn some people investigating the case are saying she is not a credible witness. Dunn told Grace she is not a liar.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: January 11, 2011, 12:15:42 AM »

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26440202/detail.html
video
Authorities Pursue Criminal and Run-away Scenarios In Case Of Missing Girl
January 10, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Law enforcement tells us reports saying they're treating the investigation of missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn as just a run-away case are inaccurate and they're pursuing two avenues in their on-going investigation. They also decided daily briefings being given by authorities on the case will now be every other day.

Law enforcement tells KTXS Hailey's case has always been approached from two different angles: one, that Hailey may be a runaway and the other that something terrible has happened and this is a criminal investigation.

At an assembly this morning at Colorado City middle school students were told they can come forward with any information they have about Hailey's Dunn's disappearance.

"We're reminding them that we're here for them if they need us," said counselor Emily Strain, "Whether it's to come tell us something they think might help even if it doesn't."

Law enforcement questioned a select group of students, but won't say if it's the two girls an anonymous tip said they saw Hailey with on the day she went missing. Also, law enforcement told us today leads in the case are in the triple digits and reach beyond the state.

"Some of them, most of them might even be on the criminal side," said Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer.

On the criminal side, KTXS confirmed today DNA was collected from people close to the case. It's not clear how many people have given DNA samples, but Hailey's father, Clint Dunn, confirms he gave a sample. Reports that this investigation is being treated as only that of a run-away case are not true.

"We need to be working two angles," said City Manager Pete Kampfer, "One of them is that she's a missing person, and is alive, another part of the investigation is criminal that something has occurred where Hailey is deceased."

The person who's closest to the case, Hailey's mom, says even though her credibility is being questioned, she's focusing on getting her little girl home.

"People have said nasty things and that's okay and that's expected," Billie Jean Dunn, "I'm still thankful they're wanting Hailey's face out there. "

It was also decided today that the briefings being given by authorities on the case will now be every other day, instead of daily. They say they're scaling back because that time could better be devoted to looking for Hailey.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: January 11, 2011, 12:17:24 AM »

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/story.asp?S=13819238
video
Hailey Dunn's Father Speaks Out
January 10, 2011

COLORADO CITY - Two weeks and counting, there's still no sign of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. She disappeared a few days after Christmas and one person we haven't heard much from during this whole ordeal is Hailey's father. Now he's speaking out hoping someone, somewhere, knows something about his daughter.

"I don't want the public to forget about Hailey's search because someone's got her, I don't want no one to forget that," Hailey's Father, Clint Dunn, said.

It's the first time since Hailey's disappearance Clint Dunn has addressed the media. His goal is to let everyone know that as time passes not to give up on finding his daughter.

"Were gonna keep it going, it's only going to keep getting bigger. I'm gonna make sure of that, I'm not gonna quit searching. I'm doing everything I can and make it bigger until she is found," Dunn said.

Clint says he will be as active as he can in Hailey's rescue efforts.

"I hope she is safe and scared to come out. It's not like her, she is beautiful child, I'm more scared with each night that goes by," Dunn said.

And no matter how long it takes, Clint has no plans to let things fall by the way side.

"I'm not giving up, I have dedicated my life, this is all we are doing. I will do this for the rest of my life until I find my daughter," Dunn said.

Although Clint lives in Snyder everyday sun up and sun down he's doing all he can to help bring Hailey home.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: January 11, 2011, 12:20:17 AM »

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/10/officials-teenager-likely-a-runaway/
Officials in Colorado City: Hailey Dunn likely a runaway
January 10, 2011

Officials investigating the disappearance of a Colorado City teenager appear to again be focusing on the possibility that she ran away.

Senior Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky Dean said Monday during a meeting with Colorado City Middle School students he is confident Hailey Dunn is alive but in hiding.

Dunn disappeared Dec. 27 after reportedly telling her mother’s live-in boyfriend that she was going to spend the night with a friend.

Dean’s address to middle school students Monday was to aid investigators in trying to identify two girls who were seen with Dunn around the time she vanished. Dean said the two girls were identified and, although they had previously spoken with authorities, would be questioned again to see if they might have any information about where Dunn was going or where she might be.

“I kind of feel like we’re playing hide-and-seek with no boundaries,” Dean told the middle school students.

By Monday, after more than 30 square miles had been searched on foot and from helicopter, Dean said there had yet to be any evidence found of criminal activity.

In addition to ground searches, law enforcement has conducted door-to-door interviews in almost every residence in Colorado City in search of physical evidence and information leading to the whereabouts of the missing teen.

As of Saturday, 12 law enforcement agencies were working on the case, he said, including the FBI, Department of Public Safety, Texas Rangers and authorities from the sheriffs offices of Mitchell, Scurry and Garza counties. City Manager and Colorado City police department spokesman Pete Kampfer said in a news conference Monday evening that law enforcement is still maintaining the same number of law enforcement officers this week.

Hailey Darlene Dunn was last seen by her mother’s live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, on Dec. 27, 2010. Adkins reported he was told by Hailey around 3:15 p.m. she would be walking to her dad’s house then spending the night with a friend, Mary Beth Garcia. Hailey’s dad said she never visited him that day and Mary Beth said she never spent the night.

Law enforcement has been working to solve the missing person case since Billie Jean Dunn, Hailey’s mother, reported her missing Dec. 28. Authorities initially considered Hailey to be a runaway. However, Dean said an investigation was conducted to find any evidence of criminal activity as well.

Dean said the main thing hindering finding Hailey is a lack of honesty among locals. He is unsure if the deceitfulness is intentional or if gossip is to blame for witnesses passing along lies.

“We’re not all on the same page,” he said on Saturday. “Some of our star witnesses are less than truthful.”

While law enforcement continues to follow leads that point to the possibility that Hailey may be a runaway, her parents are still insisting she is not.

Her father, Clint, has spoken multiple times to his daughter’s happiness at home. He said she had everything she wanted and never had a reason to want to leave home.

“She’s not a runaway,” he said during an interview last week. “She’s never said those words in her life.”

Hailey’s mother, Billie Jean, maintained Monday morning that the thought of Hailey running away seems unlikely but that it is the only thing that gives her hope. If the alternative is that something bad has happened to Hailey, she said Monday morning, she would rather believe she ran away.

Locals who claim to know the family say Hailey’s life is more complicated than the version that is being given to the media.

Donna Byerley, who was introduced to the family after a friend dated a relative of Billie Jean, has described the girl’s home life as “volatile at times.” She said Hailey didn’t get along with her mother’s boyfriend and described Hailey herself as wandering “here and there,” coming and going largely “as she pleases.”

Byerley said in an interview Friday that Hailey stayed with her and her boyfriend off and on, including the final two weeks of the 2009-10 school year.

“The last few weeks, perhaps month, she was living with her dad because she doesn’t like the boyfriend (Billie Jean’s),” Byerley said.

Billie Jean said Hailey also stayed at her dad’s house for less than a month at a time but has always wanted to come back home and that her daughter had at one point moved to Snyder and enrolled in school there while staying with extended family.

“I let her try it out for a minute,” she said in reference to Hailey staying with family members. “I couldn’t let her stay longer than that and really, she didn’t want to anyway.”

Clint said the couple had plans for Hailey to move in with him in the future, yet had no comment as to why. “I had to work hard to get to be a half a block away so I could see her from my back door,” he said. “I tried to stay as close to her as I could.”

Kampfer said Monday evening the plan for today is to continue running down leads.

Texas Rangers are confident in their strategy, he said, and will continue to intensify their search and be aggressive toward bringing Hailey home.

“If you know much about being in law enforcement,” he said, “you’re going to have failures and successes and we’ve had both.”

He said he expected leads to continue to be generated through continued work by authorities this week.

“It’s a persuasion,” Kampfer said, “and the persuasion is that all the different points and leads and things they’re concluding right now is that we need to be working two angles.”

He stressed multiple times Monday that law enforcement has not ruled out the possibility of criminal activity; it has just not yet been discovered.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #607 on: January 11, 2011, 12:35:18 AM »

I am so confused by the police statements..it's like they're speaking out of both sides of their mouth. I wish they would let one of the other LE agencies involved do the PCs because they have no credibility IMOO

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: January 11, 2011, 09:05:50 AM »

I am so confused by the police statements..it's like they're speaking out of both sides of their mouth. I wish they would let one of the other LE agencies involved do the PCs because they have no credibility IMOO

I agree!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: January 11, 2011, 09:57:20 AM »

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26440202/detail.html

Authorities Pursue Criminal And Run-Away Scenarios In Hailey Dunn Case
By Jocelyn Tovar, KTXS News
POSTED: 9:33 pm CST January 10, 2011
UPDATED: 7:34 am CST January 11, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Law enforcement officials have told KTXS News that reports saying they're treating the investigation of missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn as just a run-away case are inaccurate and that they're also pursuing a possible criminal case in their on-going investigation.

Law enforcement told KTXS that Hailey's case has always been approached from two different angles: one, that Hailey may be a runaway and the other that something terrible has happened and this is a criminal investigation.

At an assembly Monday morning at Colorado Middle School, students were told they can come forward with any information they have about Hailey's Dunn's disappearance.

"We're reminding them that we're here for them if they need us," said counselor Emily Strain, "whether it's to come tell us something they think might help, even if it doesn't."

Law enforcement officials questioned a select group of students but won't say whether they've identified or interviewed the two girls who were seen walking with Hailey before her disappearance, possibly on the day she went missing.

Authorities said Monday that leads in the case are in the triple digits and reach beyond the state of Texas.

"Some of them, most of them, might even be on the criminal side," said Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer.

On the criminal side, KTXS confirmed Monday that DNA was collected from people close to the case.

It's not clear how many people have given DNA samples, but Hailey's father, Clint Dunn, confirmed that he gave a sample.

"We need to be working two angles," Kampfer said. "One of them is that she's a missing person and is alive. Another part of the investigation is criminal that something has occurred where Hailey is deceased."

The person who's closest to the case, Hailey's mom, said that even though her credibility is being questioned, she's focusing on getting her little girl home.

"People have said nasty things, and that's OK and that's expected," Billie Dunn said. "I'm still thankful they're wanting Hailey's face out there. "

It was also decided today that the briefings being given by authorities on the case will now be every other day, instead of daily. They say they're scaling back because that time could better be devoted to looking for Hailey.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #610 on: January 11, 2011, 10:16:31 AM »

First, Hope everyone had a beautiful & safe holiday season! I've miss you all!

Something I noticed right away, and something I'm certain anybody working in the criminal justice system thought of right away, is this - He ratted on himself.:

QUOTEUNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: A lot of buzz surrounding Hailey`s mother`s boyfriend Shawn Adkins. He was the last person to see Hailey alive.

ADKINS: I would never do nothing to hurt her.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Shawn told me that he actually got home at about 3:00, and Hailey left the house at about 3:15.

DUNN: He had been at his mother`s house all day Monday.
END QUOTE

http://www.merriam-webster.com/

nev·er adv \ne-vər\
Definition of NEVER
1: not ever : at no time <I never met her>
2: not in any degree : not under any condition <never the wiser for his experience>

do verb \dü\
Definition of DO
transitive verb
1: to bring to pass : carry out <do another's wishes>
2: put —used chiefly in do to death
3a : perform, execute <do some work> <did his duty> b : commit <crimes done deliberately>
4a : bring about, effect <trying to do good> <do violence> b : to give freely : pay <do honor to her memory>
5: to bring to an end : finish —used in the past participle <the job is finally done>
6: to put forth : exert <did her best to win the race>
(Snipped bc this definition is sooooo long)

noth·ing pronoun \nə-thiŋ\
Definition of NOTHING
1: not any thing : no thing <leaves nothing to the imagination>
2: no part
3: one of no interest, value, or consequence <they mean nothing to me>
— nothing doing
: by no means : definitely no
(Used as a pronoun in his sentence so that is the definition provided)

So, imo, Adkins has something to do with Hailey Dunn's disappearance. If not, then why did he say he'd "never do nothing" to hurt her instead of never do anything? To do nothing...how does one do nothing? One does nothing by laying around and just breathing, one does nothing by just standing around and taking up space...but to put "never" in front of "do nothing" seems to imply that "something" was done. If one never does nothing then it means that they do something bc they are not doing "nothing". In his own words, he ratted on himself as to his somewhat involvement. Figure of speech is beside the point. There is a missing child out there. He chose those words without even thinking. Sometimes our subconscious come out in our speech. I'll bet there are criminal investigators all over his history right now. Not a single doubt in my mind.

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #611 on: January 11, 2011, 10:40:30 AM »

NANCY GRACE
Missing Cheerleader`s Mom and Boyfriend Failed Polygraph
Aired January 6, 2011 - 20:00   ET

BILLIE DUNN: ... The first Friday they had it set up for us to take, we had taken Ativan the night before to go to sleep. They didn`t tell us we couldn`t have anxiety medicine. So when we were able to get it set up again -- Shawn had actually called them and asked them if he could come down and take it yet, and they said yes. They came, picked him up. He took his. I went in. They told me he failed it. I lost it, of course. I told them I had so much faith in that test.

Then they took me over to the courthouse. I took a polygraph test. I failed it, lost all faith in the test. A couple of other people failed it.
Edit to add link, MB
hmm bd just said that she did not know she was taking the polygraph when she did and took pain med for a tooth and said that she did not know she couldn't
I was just thinking the same thing ! Which is it that she had taken the night before ativan or pain meds for a tooth?

I thought she JUST stated they weren't supposed to have anti-anxiety med? So she had pain meds, antibiotics and ativan (no nanner throwing but when I hear about teeth and pain meds, I think of HaLeigh Cummings)

I agree with you IM! Also, imo, taking pain meds for a stupid toothache after taking Ativan the night before is like taking a couple Nyquil geltabs and washing it down with a vodka & cranberry or something. If she had a stupid toothache, and knowing she took a sleep aid the night before, why not just use Oragel? Ridiculous.

Something I'm thinking about right now - What kind of mother just goes off of what somebody else says... I mean, WHY didn;t she call Hailey's friend's house to make sure she was spending the night there, you know - to confirm it - but instead she took her boyfriend's word? She couldn't even call over there to say GOODNIGHT, I LOVE YOU to her daughter? Instead, she just comes home from work & she's not there, but she doesn;t panic bc her boyfriend tells her that Hailey was sleeping over her friend's house? Are you flipping kidding me? She hasn;t seen her all day, at least since the morning, bc she was at work...right? It doesn;t even make sense to me.

Am I missing something? I'm still trying to catch up on the threads, so if I'm missing something then please PRETTY PLEASE clue me in.

Hugs & kisses everyone.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #612 on: January 11, 2011, 10:41:55 AM »

yep, and there goes that stupid ; key again. i'm ripping it out right now!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: January 11, 2011, 10:43:11 AM »

NANCY GRACE
Missing Cheerleader`s Mom and Boyfriend Failed Polygraph
Aired January 6, 2011 - 20:00   ET

BILLIE DUNN: ... The first Friday they had it set up for us to take, we had taken Ativan the night before to go to sleep. They didn`t tell us we couldn`t have anxiety medicine. So when we were able to get it set up again -- Shawn had actually called them and asked them if he could come down and take it yet, and they said yes. They came, picked him up. He took his. I went in. They told me he failed it. I lost it, of course. I told them I had so much faith in that test.

Then they took me over to the courthouse. I took a polygraph test. I failed it, lost all faith in the test. A couple of other people failed it.
Edit to add link, MB
hmm bd just said that she did not know she was taking the polygraph when she did and took pain med for a tooth and said that she did not know she couldn't
I was just thinking the same thing ! Which is it that she had taken the night before ativan or pain meds for a tooth?

I thought she JUST stated they weren't supposed to have anti-anxiety med? So she had pain meds, antibiotics and ativan (no nanner throwing but when I hear about teeth and pain meds, I think of HaLeigh Cummings)

I agree with you IM! Also, imo, taking pain meds for a stupid toothache after taking Ativan the night before is like taking a couple Nyquil geltabs and washing it down with a vodka & cranberry or something. If she had a stupid toothache, and knowing she took a sleep aid the night before, why not just use Oragel? Ridiculous.

Something I'm thinking about right now - What kind of mother just goes off of what somebody else says... I mean, WHY didn;t she call Hailey's friend's house to make sure she was spending the night there, you know - to confirm it - but instead she took her boyfriend's word? She couldn't even call over there to say GOODNIGHT, I LOVE YOU to her daughter? Instead, she just comes home from work & she's not there, but she doesn;t panic bc her boyfriend tells her that Hailey was sleeping over her friend's house? Are you flipping kidding me? She hasn;t seen her all day, at least since the morning, bc she was at work...right? It doesn;t even make sense to me.

Am I missing something? I'm still trying to catch up on the threads, so if I'm missing something then please PRETTY PLEASE clue me in.

Hugs & kisses everyone.

I'd say you pretty much have it right. It is a sad situation.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #614 on: January 11, 2011, 10:50:21 AM »

While no doubt Billie wouldn't probably win any mother of the year awards, and seems to be very lax in her parenting, at least from what we are seeing, I don't think she had anything to do with Hailey going missing.     ADKINS: I would never do nothing to hurt her.   I just don't see what you are seeing with Shawn saying that. Appears to be bad grammar, he doesn't look the brightest, does he have something to do with this, could, but as of now I think something else is going on.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #615 on: January 11, 2011, 10:51:12 AM »

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/colorado-city-tx/T1FA1VMHCUGFML4NE/p2

MMJ  Post #27 claims to be a friend of HD

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #616 on: January 11, 2011, 11:00:16 AM »

While no doubt Billie wouldn't probably win any mother of the year awards, and seems to be very lax in her parenting, at least from what we are seeing, I don't think she had anything to do with Hailey going missing.     ADKINS: I would never do nothing to hurt her.   I just don't see what you are seeing with Shawn saying that. Appears to be bad grammar, he doesn't look the brightest, does he have something to do with this, could, but as of now I think something else is going on.

NoRose

I showed more affection for my neighbors lost cat, then (in my opinion) she does for her lost child. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #617 on: January 11, 2011, 11:01:50 AM »

OMG this is so sad. You're right, Fanny Mae - such a sad situation. I tend to believe the people in the area that are saying they did not have a happy home. I believe them when they say that Hailey's home life is not how her family is portraying it to be. I think that her father is just going along with what the mom & Shawn have said so as to keep the mom comfortable...that's when things slip up. Why else would have have done so much as to move so close to his daughter? Why else would he & his wife plan on Hailey moving in with them in the future? Why...if her homelife was so "happy"? No way would a father that loves his daughter so much try to take her out of her "happy home". He would simply just move closer to be there if she ever wanted to have a closer relationship with him, iow just to be there for his daughter. Maybe the mom doesn't have anythingthing at all to do with Hailey's disappearance but failed her poly bc she has suspiscions and feels responsible for bringing Adkins into their home. Or maybe she really does have something to do with it afterall. Who knows really, but it's ridiculous to hear or read what she's saying...especially after the fact that she didn't even care enough to call Hailey's friend's mom's house to verify that Hailey was spending the night there - and she hadn't seen her all day bc she was at work?

Rick Plesea, if you're reading here, can I just bite off of you for a sec? Please? I think Mutha Of The Year sounds appropriate here. Thank you for that saying.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #618 on: January 11, 2011, 11:04:07 AM »

NoRose

I showed more affection for my neighbors lost cat, then (in my opinion) she does for her lost child. 
She looks drugged to me. But she does seem not that overly concerned about Hailey, I'm sure Hailey and her brother had to do a lot of things on their own without too much parenting going on, at least that is what it appears.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: January 11, 2011, 11:14:11 AM »

Hi No Rose. Hope you had a beautiful holiday honeybunches!

I'd agree with you, usually, but in this case it's hard for me to not see that and look more into it. I come from a family of numerous police officers. My exfiancee is a sergeant detective in his forensic dept. My cousin is a lieutenant with criminal investigations. Both of them have several items of interest they look at when investigating crimes, especially of missing children - Freudian Slips are at the top of their lists. My grandfather firmly believed freudian slips are one's own subconscious speaking out when they come from the mouth of a person under interrogation or interview. He was a chief of police in our county years ago. I'm not a connoisseur of the law or how things work, not even gonna pretend to be, but it's hard for me to think any other way bc it's just something that was inbred in me as a child (poi and freudian slips). Usually when a poi uses bad grammar, they'll tend to use words that are out of their grammatical realm, iow use words that are bigger or sound more intelligent. You could be right, though, bc you're dead on with him not appearing to be "bright".

One thing I haven't gotten over yet - he lost his job that very morning. How coincidental is that? Creepy if you ask me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.