March 28, 2024, 03:34:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas #1 1/03/11 - 1/12/11  (Read 387375 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #620 on: January 11, 2011, 11:18:12 AM »

I understand what you are saying, but I unfortunately, when I'm upset or nervous use bad grammar without even thinking about it, only to be told, wow, that didn't make much sense. I agree the job loss on the same day is weird, would like to hear more about what happened about that.  I sure hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday as well   an angelic monkey
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #621 on: January 11, 2011, 11:29:36 AM »

I understand what you are saying, but I unfortunately, when I'm upset or nervous use bad grammar without even thinking about it, only to be told, wow, that didn't make much sense. I agree the job loss on the same day is weird, would like to hear more about what happened about that.  I sure hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday as well   an angelic monkey

Our holiday was great!

I'm still trying to catch up. I haven;t been following the news much lately. My boys have kept me pretty busy - between wrestling and winter track I have no time at all to myself.

I remember something being said about a motel being searched. Why was the motel searched? Was there an offender or criminal staying there? Also, why did the authorities wait 4 days to bring in the dogs? Were they SAR or Cadaver? Have the authorities searched exactly what each party did throughout the day and verified it all? Probably, right? If they did, then I wonder if Shawn's mom took a poly, too, to verify her son was there all day.

For all we know, this girl could have been snatched off of the street she lives on by a total stranger like Jaycee was. It just rubs me the wrong way her mother took her bf's word that she was spending the night at her friend's house and did nothing to verify it as a fact. It's crazy imo. Real winner that one is.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: January 11, 2011, 11:35:03 AM »

Our holiday was great!

I'm still trying to catch up. I haven;t been following the news much lately. My boys have kept me pretty busy - between wrestling and winter track I have no time at all to myself.

I remember something being said about a motel being searched. Why was the motel searched? Was there an offender or criminal staying there? Also, why did the authorities wait 4 days to bring in the dogs? Were they SAR or Cadaver? Have the authorities searched exactly what each party did throughout the day and verified it all? Probably, right? If they did, then I wonder if Shawn's mom took a poly, too, to verify her son was there all day.

For all we know, this girl could have been snatched off of the street she lives on by a total stranger like Jaycee was. It just rubs me the wrong way her mother took her bf's word that she was spending the night at her friend's house and did nothing to verify it as a fact. It's crazy imo. Real winner that one is.
I may be mistaken, but I thought the dogs picked up Hailey's scent in the parking lot of the motel. But she may have been in that parking lot many times, the town is on the small side. She sure could have been snatched off the streets, I'm stuck on two things, she got a ride and is a runaway, perhaps with an older person she knows, or a fight may have happened between her and some friends, on her FB she mentions a couple of girls that are her enemy, don't remember the exact wording.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #623 on: January 11, 2011, 11:42:12 AM »

Our holiday was great!

I may be mistaken, but I thought the dogs picked up Hailey's scent in the parking lot of the motel. But she may have been in that parking lot many times, the town is on the small side. She sure could have been snatched off the streets, I'm stuck on two things, she got a ride and is a runaway, perhaps with an older person she knows, or a fight may have happened between her and some friends, on her FB she mentions a couple of girls that are her enemy, don't remember the exact wording.

Thank you.

She certainly could be a runaway. Only thing is that it's such a high profile case now that somebody harboring her may have seen it on the tv or something. The kids that were interviewed at school - to be a fly on the wall...yada yada... It's been said that the kids she may have last been seen with were interviewed, they were said to be friends, right? Well I wonder if the girls she classified as enemies were interviewed. I wish I had more time to be on here over the holidays. Has her mS and/or FB a/c been posted in screen shots? I see the links, etc, was only wondering real quick. I certainly hope she ran away. There sure seem to be many questions lingering that actually should have been answered on day 1. Very very sad situation. I pray she is alive and hiding somewhere.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: January 11, 2011, 11:50:37 AM »

I went back too look on Hailey's FB, now I don't see the comment about her enemies. But at that age what 13 year old girl doesn't have an enemy, could be something silly to an adult but not a young girl. But in this case who knows?
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #625 on: January 11, 2011, 01:20:21 PM »

OMG!!!!
I am not sure if y'all have seen this or not but it was mentioned on the find Hailey facebook. He has been a member for 5 years or so to the following link at "Michael My". I am not speculating or say there is anything wrong with liking scary movies, but if you are obsessed  with them....... that "could" be a sign of a problem.

Anyway, check this out:

http://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=77442  

So he had access to a computer ? Is there a way to see his previous posts?

Yes, I actually joined the site so I can view his posts.  Easy to join.  This will blow the margins so you will have to scroll to view it all.  Two posts about Hailey, the 2nd on January 7th is regarding a MASK he bought from another member.

Klaas, I'm not really into sucking up...but in the words of my almost 9 y/o son - Dude, you're the shizzznittt!

1- If Adkins was so concerned & worried about Hailey, why would he post something as mundane as a stupid mask he bought off of another member of that forum?

2- Maybe they didn't have a computer, but could the Xbox have been a 360 with HDD? If so, all they'd have to do is purchase a router to hot link off of somebody else's wireless network in the area. The new Xbox 360 has the wireless built into it. Also, could they have Web TV, therefore they'd have no need for a computer...just maybe a wireless keyboard?

3- I wonder what other gaming systems they had/have. The PS3 is just like having a computer. The Wii has WiFi built in now, doesn't it? Also, the DSI has wireless in it - my 8 y/o got one for Christmas and set it up himself - he literally knew how to hotlink off of somebody else's wireless network! Our's is secured & you need the password in order to link from it, but alot of people don;t go through the same security measures I do. My almost 17 y/o and 14 y/o both have PSP devices that they set up internet on.

4- The mom has said that the phone was a throwaway, right? So, can you get the internet on that kind of phone? Didn't she say they all shared it? Did Adkins have a cell phone that wasn't one of those prepaid things?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: January 11, 2011, 01:30:52 PM »

Titch - first it's good to see you!

I agree, I found it extremely odd he'd be posting about that mask.  I tell you what, if someone I lived with was collecting those kind of masks I'd be freaked out. 

I don't like Shawn.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #627 on: January 11, 2011, 01:37:22 PM »

Looks as if most of her posts on FB are done on an Iphone.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100001908815932&v=wall

Bingo Babskats!
  When I read there weren't computers in the home, my mind went right to cell phones.  Some of the smart phones, like the iphone, droid and etc. are little computers, and don't need an internet connection/wi fi to use.  Facebook & myspace could be easily accessed and updated anywhere, anytime imo.  Even if Hailey didn't have her own smart phone, there could be other friends that have them that she can use to update her myspace. 

I just wanted to add something to this... We bought our kids ALL iTouch devices for Christmas this year. If I would have known what they were capable of, I'd never have extended our family plan by getting upgrades to our phones! They ALL have internet on their Itouch, Facetime which is like Skype and amazing, Textfree which allows them to text anybody in the continental US for free, email etc. The only catch is that you have to hotlink off of a wireless network. Of course when they're home they just use ours as I've already allowed it on my router just for them. When they're out of range, they need to link from somebody else's router. Of course my 17 y/o son is doing no work in school now bc he's hotlinking off of the high school's wireless network & has been on Facebook for the past few school days! I had to call the school to complain yesretday that they need to secure their network, but it's a nogo. I did, however, take his iTouch away since he wishes to act like an imbecile - he'll get it back at the end of the weekend. Thought I'd lend some insight into these new devices hitting our market.

Side note - other devices besides the iTouch do these very same things. I'm a little put out that Nancy Grace used the phrase "knockoff" instead of just saying "smart device" or "multi media device". Why use the phrase knockoff? Was it to get somebody to talk? Who purchased the device for Hailey? Was it her mother?
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #628 on: January 11, 2011, 01:42:07 PM »

I agree, I found it extremely odd he'd be posting about that mask.  I tell you what, if someone I lived with was collecting those kind of masks I'd be freaked out. 

I don't like Shawn.

I've missed you guys sooo much! I feel like I'm being pulled in a thousand different directions during wrestling season. It's bad enough having teenagers with attitudes, but to have them both in hs and playing different sports is enough to drive me batty. I'd say my almost 9 y/o is my saving grace but he's developed an opinion that he seems to think matters all of a sudden - lol I swear I'm just joking! Anyway, really glad to have some time on here today!
I'll have more time tonight & tomorrow.

Adkins - I don't like him one bit. I think something's up with him, I really do. Then again, I'm just a stranger looking in from the outside. Hunches & gut don't win convictions.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #629 on: January 11, 2011, 01:54:43 PM »

I don't like Shawn.

I've missed you guys sooo much! I feel like I'm being pulled in a thousand different directions during wrestling season. It's bad enough having teenagers with attitudes, but to have them both in hs and playing different sports is enough to drive me batty. I'd say my almost 9 y/o is my saving grace but he's developed an opinion that he seems to think matters all of a sudden - lol I swear I'm just joking! Anyway, really glad to have some time on here today!
I'll have more time tonight & tomorrow.

Adkins - I don't like him one bit. I think something's up with him, I really do. Then again, I'm just a stranger looking in from the outside. Hunches & gut don't win convictions.

I agree, something is up with Adkins even if it ends up being she ran away.  My bet is the reason she ran away is him.  Like I said, if someone collected Michael Myers masks that I lived with I would be freaking out.  I'm still not convinced she did run away though.
Turtletop17
Scared Monkey

« Reply #630 on: January 11, 2011, 01:54:57 PM »

I have a 12 yr old and she has a fb page. I have the password and check it everyday and it is ALL set to private.

My question is....why are NONE of her friends posting comments on her wall? Not even family members...if she was scared to login cause she doesnt wanna get caught she could still login with someone elses page and view her wall???
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #631 on: January 11, 2011, 02:01:25 PM »

I know this is an old post but why would Billie want to date someone like this. He is scary I cant say I blame HD....this was a comment SA posted on someones MS page..

Hi Turtletop and welcome to scaredmonkeys.com!

Just to be thorough, it seems Adkins is into horror / thriller movies and such. His post "i have indeed no abhorrence of danger except in its absolute effect in terror" is Poe. We acted this in a play my senior year of hs. Maybe he was referring to The Raven? Still, though, it's creepy.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: January 11, 2011, 02:03:21 PM »

Think about it.  On the January 3rd Nancy Grace Show ... Billie was unware that Shawn had been fired on the morning of December 27th and spent the day with his mother.  It appears Billie was under the impression that Shawn arrived home from work at 3:00 PM and had a short encounter with Hailey.

Considering that Hailey was observed by a neighbour in her yard talking on the the cell ... could it be that following the firing Shawn did not spend the entire day with his mother?  Could it be that he arrived home much earlier than the 3:00 PM alleged time?

Janet

+++++

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 3, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: Tell me what happened the day she went missing, Miss Dunn.

DUNN: She went missing on Monday while I was at work. My boyfriend - - he came home from work about 3:00 -- or he got to my house about 3:00. And he`s seen Hailey. Hailey was there. She told him, I`m running across the street to my dad`s house for a few minutes but I`m going Mary Beth`s, and I`m staying the night there. Let my mom know.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/03/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 4, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: OK. Last night, didn`t you tell me he was on his way home from work, or did I just get that mistaken?

BILLIE DUNN: No, I said that. He went in Monday morning, but there was an argument. He was fired or there was just a big blow-up there. He walked out. He left his job by 6:30 in the morning and went to Big Spring (ph) to his mom`s house.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 6, 2011 - 20:00   ET

GRACE: What about that, Billie? I know that she was seen by neighbors around lunchtime, noon in the backyard by herself, talking on a cell phone, right?

DUNN: Right. And I`m guessing the police would have asked that same neighbor, was my car here yet? Was Shawn home yet? They`ve talked to his mom and an uncle who stopped by his mom`s house saying that he was there.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 10, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

B. DUNN: Watching TV or -- right, walking around in the backyard talking on the phone. She did that a lot, usually if we were here. If she just wanted it to be more quiet where she could hear her friend, she would walk around in the backyard on the phone. She should have been staying in the house --

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/10/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #633 on: January 11, 2011, 02:09:32 PM »

Am I missing anything ?

Mom worked 12 hr shifts and BF used her car to take her to and from work.
BF fired at 6:30 morning that HD disappeared but didn't tell .
HD spent Christmas at dads
Neighbour saw her on the phone by the shed for about 30 min the day she disappeared
Dad and girlfriend have a baby born in November
Dad arrested on outstanding warrant and possession of Marijuana after HD disappears
Dad and GF booted out of the public housing house they were living in because it was in GF's name and he wasn't on the lease and was arrested for drugs
Dad and GF now live in Snyder
16 yo brother doesn't know BF very well.......why?
Grandmas say HD didn't like BF
Mom said they got along .
Schoolteachers say she had no problems at school and was well liked
Marybeth's mom says HD had never slept over and had never met or spoken to HD's mom
HD has had a Myspace since she was 11yo

This poor child seemed to be on her own most of the time.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #634 on: January 11, 2011, 02:12:01 PM »

I know this is an old post but why would Billie want to date someone like this. He is scary I cant say I blame HD....this was a comment SA posted on someones MS page..

Just to be thorough, it seems Adkins is into horror / thriller movies and such. His post "i have indeed no abhorrence of danger except in its absolute effect in terror" is Poe. We acted this in a play my senior year of hs. Maybe he was referring to The Raven? Still, though, it's creepy.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #635 on: January 11, 2011, 02:14:24 PM »

Klaas, Muffy or somebody - Could you please delete my post #633? I found the error and fixed it through a new post. Many thanks...trying to clear up any confusion.

Done.  MB
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:23:19 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #636 on: January 11, 2011, 02:16:22 PM »

Am I missing anything ?

Mom worked 12 hr shifts and BF used her car to take her to and from work.
BF fired at 6:30 morning that HD disappeared but didn't tell .
HD spent Christmas at dads
Neighbour saw her on the phone by the shed for about 30 min the day she disappeared
Dad and girlfriend have a baby born in November
Dad arrested on outstanding warrant and possession of Marijuana after HD disappears
Dad and GF booted out of the public housing house they were living in because it was in GF's name and he wasn't on the lease and was arrested for drugs
Dad and GF now live in Snyder
16 yo brother doesn't know BF very well.......why?
Grandmas say HD didn't like BF
Mom said they got along .
Schoolteachers say she had no problems at school and was well liked
Marybeth's mom says HD had never slept over and had never met or spoken to HD's mom
HD has had a Myspace since she was 11yo

This poor child seemed to be on her own most of the time.

such a stellar fam
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #637 on: January 11, 2011, 02:24:17 PM »

I'm sorry. I need to correct myself. It's not from The Raven as I incorrectly thought. I just googled it to see it in full context, and it's from Edgar Allen Poe's: The Fall Of The House Of Usher.

I was close in remembering, just not close enough. Smile Our whole drama class was split into groups & had to act out his most important works.

Here's a google link with it's excerpt:
http://books.google.com/books?id=bcgRAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA7&lpg=PA7&dq=I++have,+indeed,+no+abhorrence+of+danger,+except+in+its+absolute+effect+--+in+terror.&source=bl&ots=CSLIbHjHlL&sig=a0gj4QdP7ZfUT6ZPe_T2VdssWkI&hl=en&ei=M60sTeObHY-t8AbEk5WNCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CDsQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=I%20%20have%2C%20indeed%2C%20no%20abhorrence%20of%20danger%2C%20except%20in%20its%20absolute%20effect%20--%20in%20terror.&f=false
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: January 11, 2011, 02:25:02 PM »

I have a 12 yr old and she has a fb page. I have the password and check it everyday and it is ALL set to private.

My question is....why are NONE of her friends posting comments on her wall? Not even family members...if she was scared to login cause she doesnt wanna get caught she could still login with someone elses page and view her wall???

Apparently there was no home computer.  Although Hailey did receive an Ibox for Christmas which allegedly ceased to work almost immediately ... the implication is that Hailey's opportunties to access her facebook account would have been limited.  Shawn ... on the other hand ... could have had internet access through his cell phone.  IMO

Janet

++++

Where did NANCY GRACE
Aired January 4, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: So police have taken your two disposable cell phones, they have also taken -- you have a computer at home?

B. DUNN: No.

GRACE: So have they looked at her Facebook account?

B. DUNN: They say they are looking into her Facebook. She did have a Facebook account.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #639 on: January 11, 2011, 02:28:06 PM »

Klaas, Muffy or somebody - Could you please delete my post #633? I found the error and fixed it through a new post. Many thanks...trying to clear up any confusion.

Done.  MB

Thank you!!!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.