March 28, 2024, 11:19:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas #1 1/03/11 - 1/12/11  (Read 387414 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #660 on: January 11, 2011, 03:52:44 PM »

I don't know why the LE is stalling about getting TES in there to look for Hailey! what can it hurt??? geez! a kid is missing!

I have not kept up with this thread...but I think the family of the missing has to ask TES for help. The family has to agree. Perhaps they do not want TES involved.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #661 on: January 11, 2011, 03:54:20 PM »

Search goes on for Colorado City girl, 13

Associated Press - January 11, 2011 12:45 PM ET

COLORADO CITY, Texas (AP) - Police in West Texas say the search for a 13-year-old girl reported missing for two weeks is a criminal investigation.

Colorado City police say Hailey Darlene Dunn has been missing since Dec. 28 and they don't have any evidence that she ran away.

The girl was reported missing by her mother. Investigators say Hailey was last seen Dec. 27 by her mother's boyfriend.

The girl is described as white, 5 feet, 1 inch tall, weighing 120 pounds, with hazel eyes and brown hair with blondish streaks.

Her father, Clint Dunn, told AP that Hailey is popular, isn't in to boys or drugs and "she's just a good ol' American girl."

Colorado City is 100 miles southeast of Lubbock.

http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s=13822993

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: January 11, 2011, 04:02:20 PM »

Search goes on for Colorado City girl, 13

Associated Press - January 11, 2011 12:45 PM ET

COLORADO CITY, Texas (AP) - Police in West Texas say the search for a 13-year-old girl reported missing for two weeks is a criminal investigation.

Colorado City police say Hailey Darlene Dunn has been missing since Dec. 28 and they don't have any evidence that she ran away.

The girl was reported missing by her mother. Investigators say Hailey was last seen Dec. 27 by her mother's boyfriend.

The girl is described as white, 5 feet, 1 inch tall, weighing 120 pounds, with hazel eyes and brown hair with blondish streaks.

Her father, Clint Dunn, told AP that Hailey is popular, isn't in to boys or drugs and "she's just a good ol' American girl."

Colorado City is 100 miles southeast of Lubbock.

http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s=13822993
BBM  So what changed...this morning it was a two prong investigation.

Wait another hour or two. I'm sure it will be something else again. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: January 11, 2011, 04:04:33 PM »

I don't know why the LE is stalling about getting TES in there to look for Hailey! what can it hurt??? geez! a kid is missing!

I have not kept up with this thread...but I think the family of the missing has to ask TES for help. The family has to agree. Perhaps they do not want TES involved.

I think the family did ask for TES and TES said they had to get the ok from LE. LE has them standing by. 

Do I have to go dig up links? 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: January 11, 2011, 04:15:28 PM »

Despite all the revealed negativity encompassing Billie Dunn's past poor choices in life in regards to her parenting skills, drug involvement, revoked nursing licence, etc. ... I believe that she is being upfront regarding her limited knowledge regarding of December 27th ... the day her daughter disappeared.

I am gleaning all my speculations from her own words on the Nancy Grace Show.

Janet

+++++

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 10, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/10/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 6, 2011 - 20:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 4, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 3, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/03/ng.01.html

I agree she comes across as upfront and no BS.  I question what kind of person would not call and check up on a Thirteen year old?  I would want to know what she ate and if she ate, I care about animal's and kid's.

A single mother of two who is utterly exhausted ... a single mother of two who had just worked a twelve hour shift.

I am not condoning any type of child abuse or neglect but ... I understand how it can happen.  My daughter was six weeks old and she had cried what seemed to be solid for six weeks.  This one night I had just gotten to sleep and your guessed it.  I got out of bed ... looked on this red scrunched up screaming little face and ... thought to myself ... "To think that we wanted you".  I got back into bed and ... my hubby who had to get up for work in a couple of hours inquired why I was not feeding the baby.  I informed him that if I touched her ... I did not trust myself what I would do and ... leaving the situation in his capable hands ... immediately fell into an exhausted sleep.

I guess my point is.  In 43 years ... I have never forgotten that night ... I have never forgotten my dark feelings.  What would have been the outcome if I did not have the immediate support of my hubby?

Janet

++++++

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 3, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: Tell me what happened the day she went missing, Miss Dunn.

DUNN: She went missing on Monday while I was at work. My boyfriend - - he came home from work about 3:00 -- or he got to my house about 3:00. And he`s seen Hailey. Hailey was there. She told him, I`m running across the street to my dad`s house for a few minutes but I`m going Mary Beth`s, and I`m staying the night there. Let my mom know.

So that evening when he picked me up from work, we got home, we were getting ready for bed. I didn`t get worried when I hadn`t heard from Hailey. I thought she was at Mary Beth`s. I was kind of upset that she didn`t call and confirm it with me, but not worried at that point.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/03/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 6, 2011 - 20:00   ET

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Nancy, my question is, if you can ask the mother -- if that was my child that went for a sleepover -- I thought she had a sleepover -- why she didn`t call that house at night to stay good night to the girl or see how she was doing? Because I would have done something like that.

GRACE: You know what, Pat? I have to agree with you. When I would have sleepovers, they were right across the street, and my parents would watch me walk across the street. What about it, Billie Dunn?

BILLIE DUNN: I just don`t have an answer for that. I wish I would have called to tell her good night. I wish I would have called the little girl`s phone that night.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #665 on: January 11, 2011, 04:28:08 PM »

At your same link, she also stated that Hailey used the computers at the library and she was involved in 4H. Here's a couple of her comments:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/colorado-city-tx/T1FA1VMHCUGFML4NE/p2
MMJ
Ballinger, TX
 Hailey was one of my friends through 4H. She was an amazing girl. I miss her and we all are praying and hoping she will come home safe. I am just 16 but i know what her family is going through I miss Hailey and i cant wait for her to get home so that everyone knows she is safe. And according to message she sent me on facebook she was scared of Shawn. I love you Hailey and I cant wait to talk to you again... Stay Strong David your sister will be found I have Faith... I Love you Hailey Smile
END QUOTE

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/colorado-city-tx/T1FA1VMHCUGFML4NE/p3
MMJ
San Angelo, TX
She did not say why she was scared and the conversation started because i was telling her about what me step-dad did to me. It was about three weeks before she went missing. Yes it has been reported and they are checking the computers that Hailey uses at the library. And im not tring to part of the case im tring to get my friend home safe...
END QUOTE

So, after reading this, it dawns on me that nobody in authority has released info regarding Hailey being involved in 4H, but shouldn't they have done that when they "suggested" she was a runaway? What better way to runaway as a 13 y/o without a driver's license than to take a horse & go as far away as one can?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: January 11, 2011, 04:30:09 PM »

I understand what you are saying, but I unfortunately, when I'm upset or nervous use bad grammar without even thinking about it, only to be told, wow, that didn't make much sense. I agree the job loss on the same day is weird, would like to hear more about what happened about that.  I sure hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday as well   an angelic monkey

Our holiday was great!

I'm still trying to catch up. I haven;t been following the news much lately. My boys have kept me pretty busy - between wrestling and winter track I have no time at all to myself.

I remember something being said about a motel being searched. Why was the motel searched? Was there an offender or criminal staying there? Also, why did the authorities wait 4 days to bring in the dogs? Were they SAR or Cadaver? Have the authorities searched exactly what each party did throughout the day and verified it all? Probably, right? If they did, then I wonder if Shawn's mom took a poly, too, to verify her son was there all day.

For all we know, this girl could have been snatched off of the street she lives on by a total stranger like Jaycee was. It just rubs me the wrong way her mother took her bf's word that she was spending the night at her friend's house and did nothing to verify it as a fact. It's crazy imo. Real winner that one is.

Titch- 
About why the motel was searched: 
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328186 
(snip)" Bloodhounds have been brought in during the search for missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn of Colorado City, according to Dunn's mother.
According to the Nance Grace program on "HLN," bloodhounds were able to track Hailey's scent from her neighborhood to the nearby Western Suites, 2233 Vine Street.
Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, confirmed that dogs were brought in and indeed tracked Hailey's scent to the hotel. Local authorities have not yet confirmed this information to the news media, according to KTAB's Priscilla Luong.
Dunn told the program that law enforcement was in the process of reviewing surveillance video from the motel.(snip)
And
(snip)
http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-refuses-issue-amber-alert-missing-girl-hailey/story?id=12547213Texas
(snip)
On Friday, bloodhounds were taken to the six motels in Colorado City. At one of them, the Western Suites, which is adjacent to Interstate 20 and near the Dunn home, the dogs picked up on the girl's scent in the parking lot. It led to a ground-floor room, but no further. A search of all 24 rooms produced no other evidence.(snip)

It's my opinion it's not so much the investigation that's been at fault so much as the family, friends and other people that have been slowing down the investigation.  Stories have changed and etc., which can cause false leads.  Investigators try to find a direction to take when searching and etc.  I think there's been some that have purposely misled LE. I was reading through the pages of this thread, and things keep changing.  Tips and time lines have to be verified.  Personally, I think it would aid the investigation if some of the parties were more truthful and forthright.  Even if some people didn't have a direct hand in Hailey's disappearance, it feels to me like they are hiding what they know because they don't want other activity they've been involved with revealed.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #667 on: January 11, 2011, 04:35:54 PM »

I understand what you are saying, but I unfortunately, when I'm upset or nervous use bad grammar without even thinking about it, only to be told, wow, that didn't make much sense. I agree the job loss on the same day is weird, would like to hear more about what happened about that.  I sure hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday as well   an angelic monkey

Our holiday was great!

I'm still trying to catch up. I haven;t been following the news much lately. My boys have kept me pretty busy - between wrestling and winter track I have no time at all to myself.

I remember something being said about a motel being searched. Why was the motel searched? Was there an offender or criminal staying there? Also, why did the authorities wait 4 days to bring in the dogs? Were they SAR or Cadaver? Have the authorities searched exactly what each party did throughout the day and verified it all? Probably, right? If they did, then I wonder if Shawn's mom took a poly, too, to verify her son was there all day.

For all we know, this girl could have been snatched off of the street she lives on by a total stranger like Jaycee was. It just rubs me the wrong way her mother took her bf's word that she was spending the night at her friend's house and did nothing to verify it as a fact. It's crazy imo. Real winner that one is.

Titch- 
About why the motel was searched: 
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328186 
(snip)" Bloodhounds have been brought in during the search for missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn of Colorado City, according to Dunn's mother.
According to the Nance Grace program on "HLN," bloodhounds were able to track Hailey's scent from her neighborhood to the nearby Western Suites, 2233 Vine Street.
Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, confirmed that dogs were brought in and indeed tracked Hailey's scent to the hotel. Local authorities have not yet confirmed this information to the news media, according to KTAB's Priscilla Luong.
Dunn told the program that law enforcement was in the process of reviewing surveillance video from the motel.(snip)
And
(snip)
http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-refuses-issue-amber-alert-missing-girl-hailey/story?id=12547213Texas
(snip)
On Friday, bloodhounds were taken to the six motels in Colorado City. At one of them, the Western Suites, which is adjacent to Interstate 20 and near the Dunn home, the dogs picked up on the girl's scent in the parking lot. It led to a ground-floor room, but no further. A search of all 24 rooms produced no other evidence.(snip)

It's my opinion it's not so much the investigation that's been at fault so much as the family, friends and other people that have been slowing down the investigation.  Stories have changed and etc., which can cause false leads.  Investigators try to find a direction to take when searching and etc.  I think there's been some that have purposely misled LE. I was reading through the pages of this thread, and things keep changing.  Tips and time lines have to be verified.  Personally, I think it would aid the investigation if some of the parties were more truthful and forthright.  Even if some people didn't have a direct hand in Hailey's disappearance, it feels to me like they are hiding what they know because they don't want other activity they've been involved with revealed.  JMHO

Thank you, Muffy. I read that her scent was tracked to a ground floor room at that hotel earlier today. I believe it was on this thread bc this is the only place I've posted and read, besides googling, today. I also read that her scent was tracked to her friend's house, then tracked to the motel...so why is that? Or is that erroneous info?

I completely agree with you. I think the family is hiding something and should just be completely honest and forthcoming with information so that the authorities can investigate without blinders on.

I'll look for the link, but I know I read it on here. OMG, if anybody knows or remembers this, please help me bc I'll feel stupid if it takes me an hour to find it.

xox.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #668 on: January 11, 2011, 04:38:40 PM »

Pardon me, but I just can't wrap my mind around Hailey being a runaway. I just can;t see it. I hope she is, really I do...just don;t think it.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #669 on: January 11, 2011, 04:55:45 PM »

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/10/unnerving-ghosts-of-big-countrys-past/

Hailey Dunn: Unnerving ghosts of Big Country's past
By Brian Bethel
Abilene Reporter-News
Posted January 10, 2011 at 10:31 p.m.

The Big Country has been home to its share of missing child cases through the years. If foul play is at the heart of the disappearance, it often takes months, if not years, to discover remains.

Three particularly memorable cases include:

CORTNEY LYN CLAYTON

The unsolved murder of Cortney Lyn Clayton, 7, in 1988, began with her abduction Sept. 2 of that year around 8:45 p.m. The Stamford girl had walked to a little store a block from home to buy a soft drink.

When she didn’t return promptly, her parents called police. According to Reporter-News archives, soon everyone in town was assisting in the search for the child. Law enforcement kept up the effort for months.

Clayton’s body was found in March 1989 by a hunter on a lease near Moran in Shackelford County. By then, there was little evidence at the scene. Her skeletal remains were positively identified in April 1989.

Help was sought from a psychic and two private investigators, to no avail. The family appeared on Oprah Winfrey’s daytime program in 1988, and the case has been featured on “America’s Most Wanted.”

For now, the girl’s murder remains unsolved.

RYAN BURTON

On Sept. 6, 1981, a 3-year-old Breckenridge girl was reported missing. Investigators agreed that a local man, known to the family, probably was the culprit.

Burton was reported missing by a baby sitter, a 12-year-old

2 4 1
redquartz
Scared Monkey

« Reply #670 on: January 11, 2011, 05:40:21 PM »

At your same link, she also stated that Hailey used the computers at the library and she was involved in 4H. Here's a couple of her comments:

MMJ
Ballinger, TX
 Hailey was one of my friends through 4H. She was an amazing girl. I miss her and we all are praying and hoping she will come home safe. I am just 16 but i know what her family is going through I miss Hailey and i cant wait for her to get home so that everyone knows she is safe. And according to message she sent me on facebook she was scared of Shawn. I love you Hailey and I cant wait to talk to you again... Stay Strong David your sister will be found I have Faith... I Love you Hailey Smile
END QUOTE

MMJ
San Angelo, TX
She did not say why she was scared and the conversation started because i was telling her about what me step-dad did to me. It was about three weeks before she went missing. Yes it has been reported and they are checking the computers that Hailey uses at the library. And im not tring to part of the case im tring to get my friend home safe...
END QUOTE

So, after reading this, it dawns on me that nobody in authority has released info regarding Hailey being involved in 4H, but shouldn't they have done that when they "suggested" she was a runaway? What better way to runaway as a 13 y/o without a driver's license than to take a horse & go as far away as one can?

Could this MMJ's step father have anything to do with Hailey being missing???????
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: January 11, 2011, 05:55:02 PM »

MMJ
Ballinger, TX
END QUOTE

MMJ
San Angelo, TX
END QUOTE

From the looks of SA's postings, I would be afraid of him living in my house too.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: January 11, 2011, 05:59:58 PM »

UPDATE: Anything is Possible, Haley's Mom Says

4 p.m. Update:
The FBI is now involved in the releasing of information on the disappearance of Hailey Dunn to the public.  Investigators in Colorado City spent the day following up on leads.

"Anything could have happened to her," mother Billie Dunn said today.  "Anything could be a possibility at this point."

Following last night's Nancy Grace show on HLN, it appeared the Dunns and investigators weren't on the same page.  Law enforcement now says it will try to do a better job communicating with the Dunn family.  Hailey's case will again be featured this evening on Nancy Grace.

MORE....

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=330096
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: January 11, 2011, 06:02:59 PM »

Billie Dunn Admits It's Possible Adkins Could Be Involved In Hailey's Disappearance

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Jean Dunn, told KTXS on Tuesday that she now accepts the possibility that her former live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins could be involved in the disappearance of her daughter.

After adamantly defending Adkins for two weeks, Billie Dunn said Tuesday for the first time that it is possible that Adkins had something to do with Hailey's disappearance.

She stressed, however, that no one knows for certain – and that she was not accusing him of anything.

Adkins is believed to be the last person to have seen the 13-year-old Hailey, a Colorado Middle School eighth-grader.

Adkins reported that Hailey told him on Dec. 27 that she was going to spend the night with a friend – but she never made it to the friend's house. She was reported missing the next day after her mother discovered she didn't spend the night there.

"I never thought he would hurt Hailey, or had anything to do with this," Billie Dunn said, "until it was pounded in my head that that was a possibility. Nobody knows, though."

Dunn said she hasn't spoken to Adkins recently but occasionally communicates with him through text messages.

Adkins is staying at his grandmother's home in the community of Dunn, 12 miles north of Colorado City. A man who came to the door at the house said Adkins is not speaking to any members of the media and that Adkins has legal representation.

Despite cold weather, with afternoon temperatures hovering barely above freezing, the search for Hailey continues.

Volunteer searchers said Tuesday the cold temperatures only motivated them to keep up the search.

"She needs to be found," volunteer Holly Jenkins said. "We can handle a couple hours in the cold."

Billie Dunn also told KTXS that despite how the "Nancy Grace" show has portrayed her in a negative light, Dunn will make another appearance on the show Tuesday.

"Well, I have to," Billie Dunn said, "because I have to have Hailey's face national. So I'll go through hell and high water."

Billie Dunn said the program's accusations are unfounded, which described Dunn as not a credible witness because of a drug history.

"I don't have a drug history or present," Dunn said. "It's not a part of my life."

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26452671/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: January 11, 2011, 06:11:05 PM »

Not sure if this got posted before:

UPDATED 11:53 p.m.: Chilling game of hide and seek for Hailey Dunn?

Early Monday, Senior Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky Dean said during a meeting with Colorado City Middle School students that he is confident Hailey Dunn is alive but in hiding.

Later in the day, Dean said there was no evidence to support that assertion.

“Law enforcement has treated the disappearance of Hailey Dunn as a criminal investigation and will continue to make every effort to follow all investigative leads,” Dean said in a news release Monday evening.

Dunn disappeared Dec. 27 after reportedly telling her mother’s live-in boyfriend that she was going to spend the night with a friend.

Dean’s address to middle school students Monday was to aid investigators in trying to identify two girls who were seen with Dunn around the time she vanished. Dean said the two girls were identified and, although they had previously spoken with authorities, the two would be questioned again to see if they might have any information about where Dunn was going or where she might be.

“I kind of feel like we’re playing hide-and-seek with no boundaries,” Dean told the middle school students.

By Monday, after more than 30 square miles had been searched on foot and from helicopter, Dean said there had yet to be any evidence found of criminal activity.

In addition to ground searches, law enforcement has conducted door-to-door interviews in almost every residence in Colorado City in search of physical evidence and information leading to the whereabouts of the missing teen.

As of Saturday, 12 law enforcement agencies were working on the case, he said, including the FBI, the Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Rangers and authorities from the sheriffs’ offices of Mitchell, Scurry and Garza counties. City Manager and Colorado City police department spokesman Pete Kampfer, who also serves as spokesman for the Colorado City Police Department, said in a news conference Monday evening that law enforcement is still maintaining the same number of law enforcement officers this week.

Hailey Darlene Dunn was last seen by her mother’s live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, on Dec. 27, 2010. Adkins reported that he was told by Hailey around 3:15 p.m. that she would be walking to her father’s house, then spending the night with a friend, Mary Beth Garcia. Hailey’s dad said she never visited him that day, and Mary Beth said she never spent the night.

Law enforcement has been working to solve the missing person case since Billie Jean Dunn, Hailey’s mother, reported her missing Dec. 28. Authorities initially considered Hailey to be a runaway. However, Department of Public Safety Senior Trooper Sparky Dean said an investigation was conducted to find any evidence of criminal activity as well.

Dean said the largest thing hindering finding Hailey is a lack of honesty among locals. He is unsure if the deceitfulness is intentional or if gossip is to blame for witnesses passing along lies.

“We’re not all on the same page,” he said on Saturday. “Some of our star witnesses are less than truthful.”

While law enforcement continued to look at all possibilities, including foul play, her parents continued to insist that she would not run away.

While law enforcement continues to follow leads that point to the possibility that Hailey may be a runaway, her parents are still insisting she is not. Her father, Clint Dunn, has spoken multiple times of his daughter’s happiness at home. He said she had everything she wanted and never had a reason to want to leave home.

“She’s not a runaway,” he said during an interview last week. “She’s never said those words in her life.”

Hailey’s mother, Billie Jean Dunn, maintained Monday morning that the thought of Hailey running away seems unlikely but that it is the only thing that gives her hope. If the alternative is that something bad has happened to Hailey, she said Monday morning, she would rather believe she ran away.

Locals who claim to know the family say Hailey’s life is more complicated than the version that is being pushed given to at the media.

Donna Byerley, who was introduced to the family after a friend dated a relative of Billie Jean, has described the girl’s home life as “volatile at times.” She said Hailey didn’t get along with her mother’s boyfriend and described Hailey herself as wandering “here and there,” coming and going largely “as she pleases.”

Byerley said in an interview Friday that Hailey stayed with her and her boyfriend off and on, including the final two weeks of the 2009-10 school year.

“The last few weeks, perhaps month, she was living with her dad because she doesn’t like (Billie Jean’s) boyfriend,” Byerley said.

Billie Jean said Hailey also stayed at her dad’s house for less than a month at a time but has always wanted to come back home and that her daughter had at one point moved to Snyder and enrolled in school there while staying with extended family.

“I let her try it out for a minute,” she said in reference to Hailey staying with family members. “I couldn’t let her stay longer than that and, really, she didn’t want to anyway.”

Clint said the couple had plans for Hailey to move in with him in the future yet had no comment as to why. “I had to work hard to get to be a half a block away so I could see her from my back door,” he said. “I tried to stay as close to her as I could.”

Kampfer said Monday evening the plan for today is to continue running down leads.

Texas Rangers are confident in their strategy, he said, and will continue to intensify their search and be aggressive toward bringing Hailey home.

“If you know much about being in law enforcement,” he said, “you’re going to have failures and successes. And we’ve had both.”

He said he expected leads to continue to be generated through continued work by authorities this week.

“It’s a persuasion,” Kampfer said, “and the persuasion is that all the different points and leads and things they’re concluding right now is that we need to be working two angles.”

He stressed multiple times Monday that law enforcement has not ruled out the possibility of criminal activity; it has just not yet been discovered.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/10/officials-teenager-likely-a-runaway/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: January 11, 2011, 06:22:39 PM »

Dunn's Parents Under Scrutiny

With the statement made over the weekend that Hailey Dunn's family is frustrating investigators, focus has fallen on Billie Dunn and Clint Dunn, Hailey's parents.

On Monday, Billie spoke out against some of the people who have been pointing the finger at her and her family regarding Hailey's disappearance.
“It’s completely ridiculous how people who don’t know me judge me or my home life or the way I parent," Dunn told KTAB's Victor Sotelo. "I feel like I’m a wonderful mom. Although I lost my daughter, I did the best I could and I will continue to do so.”

During Monday night's broadcast on HLN, Nancy Grace asked Billie Dunn if she took drugs prior to her polygraph tests and if that might have caused the "inconsistencies."
On the issue of inconsistent statements, Grace asked Hailey's mother Billie exactly what was inconsistent about the statements she made to authorities.

"I don't know," Dunn said. "I asked one of the Rangers about that and he's supposed to be getting back to me."

WOAI News Radio reporter Michael Board said investigators feel some of the witnesses may not be credible due to a history of drug use.

"I'm a credible witness," said an emotional Billie Dunn. "I'm not a liar."

Billie Dunn said last week that she and her boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, both wanted to take polygraphs one morning, but were told that the anti-anxiety medication they had taken the night before would affect the outcome of the polygraph.  It was delayed until the following day.

Hailey's father, Clint Dunn, does have a history with the law, having been convicted most recently of possession of marijuana.  He was arrested last January and sentenced in May to six months of probation, according to records from the Texas Department of Public Safety. 

In addition to a handful of marijuana convictions, Dunn was sentenced in 1994 to two years in prison and five years probation for burglary of a building.  He was 17 years old at the time.

Both Billie and Clint Dunn, who are estranged, have been eager to participate in the investigation in order to find their daughter, who has been missing for more than two weeks.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=330326&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #676 on: January 11, 2011, 06:23:06 PM »

http://www.ktxs.com/index.html

Billie Dunn Admits It's Possible Adkins Could Be Involved In Hailey's Disappearance
Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Jean Dunn, told KTXS on Tuesday that she now accepts the possibility that her former live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins could be involved in the disappearance of her daughter...more

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: January 11, 2011, 06:26:42 PM »

Investigator: No Evidence Missing Girl is a Runaway
Updated 3:15 PM CST, Tue, Jan 11, 2011

Authorities searching the past two weeks for a missing 13-year-old girl in West Texas have no evidence that she ran away and are treating the case as a criminal investigation, an investigator said Tuesday.

Hailey Darlene Dunn, a middle school cheerleader, was reported missing Dec. 28, according to Colorado City police. No Amber Alert was issued because the case did not meet the state's criteria, which requires solid evidence that a child has been abducted and information that would help the public in finding the child or suspect, including a vehicle description.

Authorities from about a dozen agencies have searched about 30 square miles on foot and by helicopter and have talked to people in several neighborhoods in Colorado City, a 4,500-resident town about 200 miles west of Fort Worth.

"It's always been a criminal investigation. You don't bring in this kind of manpower for just a runaway," State Trooper Sparky Dean told The Associated Press. "Early on we were exploring all angles, that she might have run away, but we're trying to find Hailey -- bottom line."

Dean declined to say why authorities no longer think she may have run away. But he said there still is no evidence of a crime, although investigators continue to follow leads -- including a witness account that Hailey and two girls were walking in a neighborhood on Dec. 26 or Dec. 27.

Hailey was reported missing by her mother, and investigators said she was last seen Dec. 27 by her mother's boyfriend. Both have been given lie detector tests, but authorities are not releasing those results, Dean said.

Agencies working on the case include the FBI, the Texas Rangers, the Texas Department of Public Safety and several sheriff's departments in nearby counties.

The girl is described as white, standing 5-foot-1, weighing 120 pounds, with hazel eyes and brown hair with blondish streaks.

Her father, Clint Dunn, told AP that Hailey is popular, isn't into boys or drugs and "she's just a good ol' American girl."

Dunn, 33, lives across a field from where his daughter lived with her mother, and from his back door he can see their front door. He said he never saw Hailey the afternoon she disappeared.

"The more this goes on, the more I'm focused on somebody's got my child," Dunn said. "Somebody knows something. My child has not vanished into thin air."

More than 100 billboards featuring a picture of Hailey, information about the case and a law enforcement phone number have been set up along interstates in West Texas and even in other states, Dean said. There is a $15,000 reward for information leading to the teen's return.

Hundreds have attended prayer vigils in several cities.

At a recent vigil in Sweetwater, folks held hands and prayed, and children released 100 balloons after being told to make a wish for Hailey to come home safely, the Abilene Reporter-News reported.

"We pray with everything we are that you bring sweet Hailey home," resident Alanna Glass said, choking back tears.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/Investigator-No-Evidence-Missing-Girl-is-a-Runaway-113298989.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: January 11, 2011, 06:33:38 PM »

Clint Dunn Speaks out (video)

http://www.kwes.com/global/category.asp?c=163304&clipId=&topVideoCatNo=121765&topVideoCatNoB=83259&topVideoCatNoC=182033&topVideoCatNoD=169582&topVideoCatNoE=169586&clipId=5457410&flvUri=&partnerclipid=&topVideoCatNo=121765&autoStart=true&activePane=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepage&clipFormat=flv
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: January 11, 2011, 06:52:40 PM »

Billie Dunn Admits It's Possible Adkins Could Be Involved In Hailey's DisappearanceBy Jocelyn Tovar, KTXS News
POSTED: 1:52 pm CST January 11, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Jean Dunn, told KTXS on Tuesday that she now accepts the possibility that her former live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins could be involved in the disappearance of her daughter.

After adamantly defending Adkins for two weeks, Billie Dunn said Tuesday for the first time that it is possible that Adkins had something to do with Hailey's disappearance.

She stressed, however, that no one knows for certain – and that she was not accusing him of anything.

Adkins is believed to be the last person to have seen the 13-year-old Hailey, a Colorado Middle School eighth-grader.

Adkins reported that Hailey told him on Dec. 27 that she was going to spend the night with a friend – but she never made it to the friend's house. She was reported missing the next day after her mother discovered she didn't spend the night there.

"I never thought he would hurt Hailey, or had anything to do with this," Billie Dunn said, "until it was pounded in my head that that was a possibility. Nobody knows, though."

Dunn said she hasn't spoken to Adkins recently but occasionally communicates with him through text messages.

<snipped>

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26452671/detail.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.