March 28, 2024, 08:27:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas #1 1/03/11 - 1/12/11  (Read 387405 times)
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #680 on: January 11, 2011, 06:55:04 PM »

I wonder does anyone remember anyone asking BD the last time she saw her daughter? I don't recall one interview where she said "well when I saw her on Sunday" or anything to that affect. Even when she talks about Hailey spending Christmas Eve and night at her dads she doesn't say anything like "she was okay when she came home". I do not think that Billie had hands on with the disappearance of Hailey, but I definitely think that there is something wrong with her recounting of the situation. I know if I was upset because my daughter didn't "okay it with me first" the first thing I would do is be on the phone to her. Well not really the first thing I would do is get in my car and bring her little butt home. Unfortunately I think this child was raising her self.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #681 on: January 11, 2011, 07:05:50 PM »

"I never thought he would hurt Hailey, or had anything to do with this," Billie Dunn said, "until it was pounded in my head that that was a possibility. Nobody knows, though."     So I assume the police are pounding it in her head, or Hailey's dad is?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: January 11, 2011, 07:07:34 PM »

It appears that Billie Dunn's feelings for Shawn Adkins did not take precident when it was her understanding that he had failed the polygraph.

Janet

++++

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 6, 2011 - 20:00   ET

BILLIE DUNN: ... The first Friday they had it set up for us to take, we had taken Ativan the night before to go to sleep. They didn`t tell us we couldn`t have anxiety medicine. So when we were able to get it set up again -- Shawn had actually called them and asked them if he could come down and take it yet, and they said yes. They came, picked him up. He took his. I went in. They told me he failed it. I lost it, of course. I told them I had so much faith in that test.

Then they took me over to the courthouse. I took a polygraph test. I failed it, lost all faith in the test

<snipped>

GRACE: Let me ask you this, Billie Dunn. Where is your boyfriend?

BILLIE DUNN: He went back to his grandma`s house.

GRACE: Why?

BILLIE DUNN: As soon as I found out he failed the test, I told him I didn`t want him back at my house. And now I don`t know what to think anymore. I would just rather he stay there until she comes home or they find her and we clear this up.

GRACE: What was his response when you told him to get out?

BILLIE DUNN: He was very tearful, very tearful, and he said he would go.

<snipped>

GRACE: When you told him you wanted him out, what, if anything, did he say about Hailey?

DUNN: He looked at me, told me, you know -- you know me better than anybody. You know I love you, you know I love Hailey and David, you know I couldn`t do this. At the same time I told him, yes, I know that, Shawn, but I also know you failed that test. Why did you fail that test?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: January 11, 2011, 07:24:31 PM »

I wonder does anyone remember anyone asking BD the last time she saw her daughter? I don't recall one interview where she said "well when I saw her on Sunday" or anything to that affect. Even when she talks about Hailey spending Christmas Eve and night at her dads she doesn't say anything like "she was okay when she came home". I do not think that Billie had hands on with the disappearance of Hailey, but I definitely think that there is something wrong with her recounting of the situation. I know if I was upset because my daughter didn't "okay it with me first" the first thing I would do is be on the phone to her. Well not really the first thing I would do is get in my car and bring her little butt home. Unfortunately I think this child was raising her self.

It must be remembered that a neighbour saw Hailey in her yard talking on the cell around noon on December 27th ... the day the little girl went missing.  The timeline can start there.  IMO

Somehow ... I am inclined to believe that a fired Shawn did not go to his mother's house ... he went straight home.  Think about it.  Billie claims that her daughter talked on the cell in the backyard for privacy when others were home.

Janet

++++++

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 3, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: Tell me what happened the day she went missing, Miss Dunn.

DUNN: She went missing on Monday while I was at work. My boyfriend - - he came home from work about 3:00 -- or he got to my house about 3:00. And he`s seen Hailey. Hailey was there. She told him, I`m running across the street to my dad`s house for a few minutes but I`m going Mary Beth`s, and I`m staying the night there. Let my mom know.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/03/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 4, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: OK. Last night, didn`t you tell me he was on his way home from work, or did I just get that mistaken?

BILLIE DUNN: No, I said that. He went in Monday morning, but there was an argument. He was fired or there was just a big blow-up there. He walked out. He left his job by 6:30 in the morning and went to Big Spring (ph) to his mom`s house.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE

GRACE: What about that, Billie? I know that she was seen by neighbors around lunchtime, noon in the backyard by herself, talking on a cell phone, right?

DUNN: Right. And I`m guessing the police would have asked that same neighbor, was my car here yet? Was Shawn home yet? They`ve talked to his mom and an uncle who stopped by his mom`s house saying that he was there.

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 10, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

B. DUNN: Watching TV or -- right, walking around in the backyard talking on the phone. She did that a lot, usually if we were here. If she just wanted it to be more quiet where she could hear her friend, she would walk around in the backyard on the phone. She should have been staying in the house --

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/10/ng.01.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #684 on: January 11, 2011, 07:31:20 PM »

Pardon me, but I just can't wrap my mind around Hailey being a runaway. I just can;t see it. I hope she is, really I do...just don;t think it.

I don't think she's a runaway either.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't believe that.

JMHO

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: January 11, 2011, 07:46:55 PM »

Another reason that I suspect that Shawn was not at his mother's home on the day that Hailey went missing is the two "others" who failed polygraphs.  Could the two "others" who failed polygraphs have been Shawn's mother and uncle ... the two that gave him an alibi for the day of December 27th?

Janet

+++++

NANCY GRACE

GRACE: What about that, Billie? I know that she was seen by neighbors around lunchtime, noon in the backyard by herself, talking on a cell phone, right?

DUNN: Right. And I`m guessing the police would have asked that same neighbor, was my car here yet? Was Shawn home yet? They`ve talked to his mom and an uncle who stopped by his mom`s house saying that he was there.

NANCY GRACE

BILLIE DUNN: ... They came, picked him up. He took his. I went in. They told me he failed it. I lost it, of course. I told them I had so much faith in that test.

Then they took me over to the courthouse. I took a polygraph test. I failed it, lost all faith in the test. A couple of other people failed it. One guy I do not know. One person took it three times, took it twice and failed it...

_____

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: January 11, 2011, 07:49:10 PM »

could very well be right Janet.

would most people go to their mom's house after getting into an altercation at work or would they choose to go home? How many altercations has Shawn gotten into at different jobs, if any?  what was the altercation about? lots of questions...

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: January 11, 2011, 07:49:50 PM »

Nancy Grace Show (HLN) - 5:00 PM PT - about 10 minutes.

I heard on HLN that Billie will once again be Nancy's guest.

Janet

_____

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: January 11, 2011, 07:50:29 PM »

Janet

I'll be watching...trying to get through JVM right now...

helper
Scared Monkey

« Reply #689 on: January 11, 2011, 08:00:52 PM »

this is a pic of inside haileys room. I wonder if le took the sheets or were they already gone when they got their?

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Hailey%20Dunn%20%20-TX-/
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: January 11, 2011, 08:01:56 PM »

Janet

Me too. It was painful, wasn't it?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: January 11, 2011, 08:05:37 PM »

this is a pic of inside haileys room. I wonder if le took the sheets or were they already gone when they got their?

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Hailey%20Dunn%20%20-TX-/

Thank you HELPER for the link. As usual, AMANDA has done another good job.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #692 on: January 11, 2011, 08:06:48 PM »

My it's a sad little room isn't it.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #693 on: January 11, 2011, 08:09:53 PM »

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/10/officials-teenager-likely-a-runaway/
Officials in Colorado City: Hailey Dunn likely a runaway
January 10, 2011

Officials investigating the disappearance of a Colorado City teenager appear to again be focusing on the possibility that she ran away.

Senior Department of Public Safety Trooper Sparky Dean said Monday during a meeting with Colorado City Middle School students he is confident Hailey Dunn is alive but in hiding.

Dunn disappeared Dec. 27 after reportedly telling her mother’s live-in boyfriend that she was going to spend the night with a friend.

Dean’s address to middle school students Monday was to aid investigators in trying to identify two girls who were seen with Dunn around the time she vanished. Dean said the two girls were identified and, although they had previously spoken with authorities, would be questioned again to see if they might have any information about where Dunn was going or where she might be.

“I kind of feel like we’re playing hide-and-seek with no boundaries,” Dean told the middle school students.

By Monday, after more than 30 square miles had been searched on foot and from helicopter, Dean said there had yet to be any evidence found of criminal activity.

In addition to ground searches, law enforcement has conducted door-to-door interviews in almost every residence in Colorado City in search of physical evidence and information leading to the whereabouts of the missing teen.

As of Saturday, 12 law enforcement agencies were working on the case, he said, including the FBI, Department of Public Safety, Texas Rangers and authorities from the sheriffs offices of Mitchell, Scurry and Garza counties. City Manager and Colorado City police department spokesman Pete Kampfer said in a news conference Monday evening that law enforcement is still maintaining the same number of law enforcement officers this week.

Hailey Darlene Dunn was last seen by her mother’s live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, on Dec. 27, 2010. Adkins reported he was told by Hailey around 3:15 p.m. she would be walking to her dad’s house then spending the night with a friend, Mary Beth Garcia. Hailey’s dad said she never visited him that day and Mary Beth said she never spent the night.

Law enforcement has been working to solve the missing person case since Billie Jean Dunn, Hailey’s mother, reported her missing Dec. 28. Authorities initially considered Hailey to be a runaway. However, Dean said an investigation was conducted to find any evidence of criminal activity as well.

Dean said the main thing hindering finding Hailey is a lack of honesty among locals. He is unsure if the deceitfulness is intentional or if gossip is to blame for witnesses passing along lies.

“We’re not all on the same page,” he said on Saturday. “Some of our star witnesses are less than truthful.”

While law enforcement continues to follow leads that point to the possibility that Hailey may be a runaway, her parents are still insisting she is not.

Her father, Clint, has spoken multiple times to his daughter’s happiness at home. He said she had everything she wanted and never had a reason to want to leave home.

“She’s not a runaway,” he said during an interview last week. “She’s never said those words in her life.”

Hailey’s mother, Billie Jean, maintained Monday morning that the thought of Hailey running away seems unlikely but that it is the only thing that gives her hope. If the alternative is that something bad has happened to Hailey, she said Monday morning, she would rather believe she ran away.

Locals who claim to know the family say Hailey’s life is more complicated than the version that is being given to the media.

Donna Byerley, who was introduced to the family after a friend dated a relative of Billie Jean, has described the girl’s home life as “volatile at times.” She said Hailey didn’t get along with her mother’s boyfriend and described Hailey herself as wandering “here and there,” coming and going largely “as she pleases.”Byerley said in an interview Friday that Hailey stayed with her and her boyfriend off and on, including the final two weeks of the 2009-10 school year.“The last few weeks, perhaps month, she was living with her dad because she doesn’t like the boyfriend (Billie Jean’s),” Byerley said.

Billie Jean said Hailey also stayed at her dad’s house for less than a month at a time but has always wanted to come back home and that her daughter had at one point moved to Snyder and enrolled in school there while staying with extended family.
“I let her try it out for a minute,” she said in reference to Hailey staying with family members. “I couldn’t let her stay longer than that and really, she didn’t want to anyway.”

Clint said the couple had plans for Hailey to move in with him in the future, yet had no comment as to why. “I had to work hard to get to be a half a block away so I could see her from my back door,” he said. “I tried to stay as close to her as I could.”

Kampfer said Monday evening the plan for today is to continue running down leads.

Texas Rangers are confident in their strategy, he said, and will continue to intensify their search and be aggressive toward bringing Hailey home.

“If you know much about being in law enforcement,” he said, “you’re going to have failures and successes and we’ve had both.”

He said he expected leads to continue to be generated through continued work by authorities this week.

“It’s a persuasion,” Kampfer said, “and the persuasion is that all the different points and leads and things they’re concluding right now is that we need to be working two angles.”

He stressed multiple times Monday that law enforcement has not ruled out the possibility of criminal activity; it has just not yet been discovered.

2 Questions~Ok, soooo the extended family member *cough* wasn't a family member??? She met her when she dated a realtive of Billie....Ok, in my world that is NOT an extended family member

The other question is why was Hailey living with her 2009-2010 school yr, according to Billie SA didn't move in until 4 1/2 months ago which is the 2010-2011 school yr...something just doesn't add up unless she lived with someone else that actually WAS an extended family member in Snyder or (well, I can't think of another reason for that stmt)

Also, JMO but it seems she is still communicating with SA somehow or at least that is what I got from the NG show last night, so why? 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: January 11, 2011, 08:10:53 PM »

Janet

lol  yes

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: January 11, 2011, 08:23:20 PM »

Janet

Nancy didn't metion Hailey at the top of the show. I wonder if Billie is going to be a no-show.

lol  yes

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: January 11, 2011, 08:25:18 PM »

My it's a sad little room isn't it.

Is everything in the room really pink. The first thing I thought of was it looks like the same color pink as Zahra's room.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: January 11, 2011, 08:28:27 PM »

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26452671/detail.html

Billie Dunn Admits It's Possible Adkins Could Be Involved In Hailey's Disappearance
By Jocelyn Tovar, KTXS News
POSTED: 1:52 pm CST January 11, 2011

UPDATED: 4:14 pm CST January 11, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Jean Dunn, told KTXS on Tuesday that she now accepts the possibility that her former live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins could be involved in the disappearance of her daughter.

After adamantly defending Adkins for two weeks, Billie Dunn said Tuesday for the first time that it is possible that Adkins had something to do with Hailey's disappearance.

She stressed, however, that no one knows for certain – and that she was not accusing him of anything.

Adkins is believed to be the last person to have seen the 13-year-old Hailey, a Colorado Middle School eighth-grader.

Adkins reported that Hailey told him on Dec. 27 that she was going to spend the night with a friend – but she never made it to the friend's house. She was reported missing the next day after her mother discovered she didn't spend the night there.

"I never thought he would hurt Hailey, or had anything to do with this," Billie Dunn said, "until it was pounded in my head that that was a possibility. Nobody knows, though."

Dunn said she hasn't spoken to Adkins recently but occasionally communicates with him through text messages.

Adkins is staying at his grandmother's home in the community of Dunn, 12 miles north of Colorado City. A man who came to the door at the house said Adkins is not speaking to any members of the media and that Adkins has legal representation.

Despite cold weather, with afternoon temperatures hovering barely above freezing, the search for Hailey continues.

Volunteer searchers said Tuesday the cold temperatures only motivated them to keep up the search.

"She needs to be found," volunteer Holly Jenkins said. "We can handle a couple hours in the cold."

Billie Dunn also told KTXS that despite how the "Nancy Grace" show has portrayed her in a negative light, Dunn will make another appearance on the show Tuesday.

"Well, I have to," Billie Dunn said, "because I have to have Hailey's face national. So I'll go through hell and high water."

Billie Dunn said the program's accusations are unfounded, which described Dunn as not a credible witness because of a drug history.

"I don't have a drug history or present," Dunn said. "It's not a part of my life."
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: January 11, 2011, 08:29:01 PM »

Janet

Nancy didn't metion Hailey at the top of the show. I wonder if Billie is going to be a no-show.

lol  yes

lol yes was in response to JVM being painful to get through..'
not about Billie not showing..don't know how that got messed up.
wonder if Billie will show up though...

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: January 11, 2011, 08:31:51 PM »

Colorado City teen missing after 15 days of searching (with video)

COLORADO CITY, TX (KCBD) - Colorado City Teen, Hailey Dunn, is still missing after 15 days. State Trooper Sparky Dean, says that authorities are treating the case as a criminal investigation, but as of now still have no evidence of what happened to her.

13-year old Dunn, disappeared December 27th after telling her mother's boyfriend that she was going to spend the night with a friend. Texas Authorities don't know if Hailey was abducted or ran way, and an Amber Alert wasn't issued because the case doesn't meet Texas's criterion which requires that evidence of a child abduction occurred.

If you have any information that can help authorities locate Hailey, please call the Colorado City police department at (325)-728-5294 or 1-800-The-Lost

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13826665
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.