March 29, 2024, 08:50:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas #1 1/03/11 - 1/12/11  (Read 387566 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #880 on: January 12, 2011, 05:34:31 PM »

I want to make a quick note here... Billie Jean still may be innocent of any wrong doing to her daughter. She may be a lousy good for nothing parent in my eyes, but she may be innocent in Hailey's disappearance. I think the media tends to put their own spin on things to sell the story and generate the hits to their sites. When I go through the affadavit 0113_001.pdf above, it clearly states witnesses saw Billie leave for work and that her cell would ping off of the same tower Adkin's did when based on where she works. I believe she's guilty of not being a good parent, but to be deemed detrimental in her daughter's disappearance I'm not 100% sure of. If Adkins did something to her daughter, then hopefully she'll be held accountable to a certain degree for keeping him in their home...considering her son hardly knew him & Hailey didn't care for him.

Please read those affadavits and warrants.

I would agree Titch. I cant quit believe BD IS involved. I am very concerned at her parenting skills and can see why HD wanted to move in with her bio-dad, but I still do not see any definite indications that she was directly involved with her daughters disappearance. I do not want to believe that she would, but then again I have seen from CA and other cases that it is a possibility.

I never said she was actually involved in murder, etc .....I felt she was "off" IMO, like backing up her BF rather than focusing 100% on her daughter, and obviously she knew he was a POS of he threatened to kill her and Hailey last February. I never got the feeling she had put her kids priority, didn't know MB's mom and yet would let her spend the night etc., so I think involved to a degree even if it's not the final act, but I was never comfortable with her stmts and flat affect, and I thought she was on drugs. Turns out most of that is true, I do hope and pray she isn't involved in the ultimate betrayal but after so many cases over the yrs my cynicism is showing.

O if that isnt the end all beat all, and this SOB was in her house still why?  Island, I knew exactly what you meant & Ive been on that same track since day one Billie appeared on NG.   I do not mince words, she's a lousy mother with her making a choice to be involved in drugs & this loser.   What mother lets her children just leave notes, coming & going at their desire....worse yet goes hours even to days without knowing precisely where that child is, if not home.   As far as Im concerned she kept a danger in that house exposing both of her children to risk of harm, whether he threatened her or not she needed to put her childrens' safety first, period.  If she is now saying she thinks he's involved, she knew before & that has me rather irate at the moment.

I sooooooo agree, you do NOT let men in your home that are violent (well I don't let ANY in mine period), but FTLOG when you have yourself and your child threatened and she was only 12 yrs old, then you let the monster move in I think she is lying about that also, remember "I have no drug history of present" "SA doesn't have an anger problem".......REALLY, so the domestic call was for shits and giggles.........sorry for the rant, but she's been playing victim for so long and in reality she either was involved and DID/DOES have crappy parenting skills, then goes to buy drugs with BF and has a New Yr's Eve Party with a fruitloop of a BF, but hey obvisouly they have similar interest. 

Hailey IS the victim not Billie or SA, I also wonder why nobody else noticed this......as I stated before nothing happens in a vacuum so I am skeptical about many involved unless none took care of the kids 1/100th as much as I take care of a abandonded animal.

I heard that!    Good God I just recently had a very sick cat whom is a very beloved furbaby & I was worried sick for days, everything else took a back seat to doing EVERYTHING in my power to get him better as well as comfort him.    There is NOTHING about this chick that gives me pause to have any empathy for her whatsoever.   She's young, capable of working, moving if she had to...it should be instinctive for her to love & care for her children to the very best of her ability& do everything in her power to keep their well-being as safe as possible, period. 

When she was sitting on that couch playing victim, I saw guilt written all over her  as well as deception.   To what degree that deception is remains to be seen.   When I read that they had friends over for drinks on New Years with a reported "missing" young teen daughter as well as this threat to kill, o that's it I have my right mind to travel to shake some sense into her myself!

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #881 on: January 12, 2011, 05:40:06 PM »

I'm going to move this thread into the Missing Persons High Profile area, I think right after Zahra's thread.  I have a feeling this case is going to get a lot darker before what happened to Hailey is known. 

Thank you, Klaas!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: January 12, 2011, 05:41:39 PM »

NewsWest 9
We have posted the 30+ page affidavit related to the Hailey Dunn case on our website. Click the link below to read the affidavit.

http://www.newswest9.com/Global/link.asp?L=471989

I cannot believe that there was nobody who was aware of the dynamics of that household.  Why was CPS not contacted?  ... or were they?

Janet

I had the same question Janet...but it seemed as if DD was allowed to be there, so I have a beef with CPS everywhere, grrrrr

FYI-Just listening to presser, SA is NOT detained at this time

Janet,

They looked like a normal household, who the heck would believe this junk?

I am now going out and meeting up with PC guys for Margarita's  flower

You are right.  It took some digging below the surface by a few wannabe detectives to reveal the skeletons in Billie and Shawn's closets.

Wasn't that joking by LE so very inappropriate?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #883 on: January 12, 2011, 05:43:41 PM »

I want to make a quick note here... Billie Jean still may be innocent of any wrong doing to her daughter. She may be a lousy good for nothing parent in my eyes, but she may be innocent in Hailey's disappearance. I think the media tends to put their own spin on things to sell the story and generate the hits to their sites. When I go through the affadavit 0113_001.pdf above, it clearly states witnesses saw Billie leave for work and that her cell would ping off of the same tower Adkin's did when based on where she works. I believe she's guilty of not being a good parent, but to be deemed detrimental in her daughter's disappearance I'm not 100% sure of. If Adkins did something to her daughter, then hopefully she'll be held accountable to a certain degree for keeping him in their home...considering her son hardly knew him & Hailey didn't care for him.

Please read those affadavits and warrants.

I would agree Titch. I cant quit believe BD IS involved. I am very concerned at her parenting skills and can see why HD wanted to move in with her bio-dad, but I still do not see any definite indications that she was directly involved with her daughters disappearance. I do not want to believe that she would, but then again I have seen from CA and other cases that it is a possibility.

I never said she was actually involved in murder, etc .....I felt she was "off" IMO, like backing up her BF rather than focusing 100% on her daughter, and obviously she knew he was a POS of he threatened to kill her and Hailey last February. I never got the feeling she had put her kids priority, didn't know MB's mom and yet would let her spend the night etc., so I think involved to a degree even if it's not the final act, but I was never comfortable with her stmts and flat affect, and I thought she was on drugs. Turns out most of that is true, I do hope and pray she isn't involved in the ultimate betrayal but after so many cases over the yrs my cynicism is showing.

O if that isnt the end all beat all, and this SOB was in her house still why?  Island, I knew exactly what you meant & Ive been on that same track since day one Billie appeared on NG.   I do not mince words, she's a lousy mother with her making a choice to be involved in drugs & this loser.   What mother lets her children just leave notes, coming & going at their desire....worse yet goes hours even to days without knowing precisely where that child is, if not home.   As far as Im concerned she kept a danger in that house exposing both of her children to risk of harm, whether he threatened her or not she needed to put her childrens' safety first, period.  If she is now saying she thinks he's involved, she knew before & that has me rather irate at the moment.

I sooooooo agree, you do NOT let men in your home that are violent (well I don't let ANY in mine period), but FTLOG when you have yourself and your child threatened and she was only 12 yrs old, then you let the monster move in I think she is lying about that also, remember "I have no drug history of present" "SA doesn't have an anger problem".......REALLY, so the domestic call was for shits and giggles.........sorry for the rant, but she's been playing victim for so long and in reality she either was involved and DID/DOES have crappy parenting skills, then goes to buy drugs with BF and has a New Yr's Eve Party with a fruitloop of a BF, but hey obvisouly they have similar interest. 

Hailey IS the victim not Billie or SA, I also wonder why nobody else noticed this......as I stated before nothing happens in a vacuum so I am skeptical about many involved unless none took care of the kids 1/100th as much as I take care of a abandonded animal.

I heard that!    Good God I just recently had a very sick cat whom is a very beloved furbaby & I was worried sick for days, everything else took a back seat to doing EVERYTHING in my power to get him better as well as comfort him.    There is NOTHING about this chick that gives me pause to have any empathy for her whatsoever.   She's young, capable of working, moving if she had to...it should be instinctive for her to love & care for her children to the very best of her ability& do everything in her power to keep their well-being as safe as possible, period. 

When she was sitting on that couch playing victim, I saw guilt written all over her  as well as deception.   To what degree that deception is remains to be seen.   When I read that they had friends over for drinks on New Years with a reported "missing" young teen daughter as well as this threat to kill, o that's it I have my right mind to travel to shake some sense into her myself!

I guess these affidavits answers the question of why Billie didn't go on Nancy Grace last night with her  "I am a victim show." I had a feeling there was some movement in the case.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #884 on: January 12, 2011, 05:44:17 PM »

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26459455/detail.html

Snip:– During his polygraph examination, before walking out, Adkins provided some position reaction about knowing where Hailey Dunn is. Indications were that Hailey Dunn may be in Scurry County.

I thought I read somewhere that Adkins used to frequent a cave as a child, like he used to hang out there or something, like his secret place or something like a place where he would go to get away or something. I read a woman's comment saying something about this, and that maybe it should be checked out & she didn't remember how to get there, but she'd contacted the police anyway to let them know. Did I read this here? I believe I read it last night. I'll search the comment, even though it really may be irrelevant.

Helper, have you heard of any caves in your county or area counties?

Helper, or anyone else in that area, does anyone have any knowledge of old wells or caves in the surrounding close counties?

Janet - I saved the affadavits to my computer. I'll take screen shots when I get time, unless somebody else beats me to it. Maybe we can have an important document thread?
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #885 on: January 12, 2011, 05:45:52 PM »

Shoot, I myself feel like a victim for what I am witnessing right now. What the heck is wrong with these people. They should be taken out back & beat to a pulp for crying out loud. This is crazy. So many kids fall victims to bad parenting. Such a darn shame.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: January 12, 2011, 05:46:46 PM »

NewsWest 9
We have posted the 30+ page affidavit related to the Hailey Dunn case on our website. Click the link below to read the affidavit.

I cannot believe that there was nobody who was aware of the dynamics of that household.  Why was CPS not contacted?  ... or were they?

Janet

I had the same question Janet...but it seemed as if DD was allowed to be there, so I have a beef with CPS everywhere, grrrrr

Janet,

You are right.  It took some digging below the surface by a few wannabe detectives to reveal the skeletons in Billie and Shawn's closets.

Janet

Yes, and there seemed to be no sense of compassion for Hailey or a sense of urgency to find her.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #887 on: January 12, 2011, 05:48:50 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: January 12, 2011, 05:49:17 PM »

I think it's just a very small town and they don't know how to react to the media attention.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #889 on: January 12, 2011, 05:52:43 PM »

NewsWest 9

Janet

Janet,

Janet

Yes, on the norm I support LE & trust that the majority do their jobs as well as being trustworthy in the performance of said duties.   My observations in how this department is handling this case overall is not favorable.  They really need to stop acting like they can handle the case & reach out to get the professional guidance they need instead of fumbling constantly.  In times of stress many people laugh & joke around as a release but knowing they were about to start a presser involving a missing child that may have been harmed they should have had the decency & class to curtail their joking around.   

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: January 12, 2011, 05:56:21 PM »

I think it's just a very small town and they don't know how to react to the media attention.

I know. I am just angry over Hailey. I want them to be looking for her and not cracking jokes and flirting. Goodness knows, if someone should know about laughing to keep from crying it's me. I'll try to cut them some slack.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: January 12, 2011, 05:57:07 PM »

Janet - I saved the affadavits to my computer. I'll take screen shots when I get time, unless somebody else beats me to it. Maybe we can have an important document thread?

Thanks Titch.

Teacher son is stopping over after class to shovel snow from our huge driveway.  Considering his stubborn father refuses to adhere to the advise of others in regards to attempting this task at his age ... son will not have anything to do.  Therefore ... I will make use of his computer skills and have him do a little copying for me.  I knew there was a purpose in God's plan when this surprise package came along when his siblings were 14 and 17 respectively.

A thread for those affidavits would be great.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: January 12, 2011, 05:59:07 PM »

"Several Persons of Interest" in Hailey Dunn Case

Investigators have several people of interests in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, Senior DPS Trooper Sparky Dean said in an afternoon press conference in Colorado City, but would not give an exact number.

No one is being detained.

"We're keeping a special eye on them," he said.

Affidavits released to Bigcountryhomepage.com today focus on Billie Dunn, Hailey's mom, and Shawn Adkins, Billie's boyfriend. The documents are related to search warrants used to obtain cell phone records and access to Dunn and Adkins' joint vehicle.

It's not fair to say that the investigation is focusing on the two of them specifically, and they are not classified as suspects at this time.

We are continuing to pursue leads, and we are headed in (the way of arrest)," Dean said. "We're asking you not to jump to any conclusions."

At this time, investigators from roughly 12 agencies have combed 80 square miles of by helicopter, horseback, cadaver dogs, person-sniffing dogs, and officers on foot, Dean said. That includes six square miles in Colorado City, creek beds, landfills, and anything else based on the hundreds of leads that have come in.

"At this point we have interviewed hundreds of witnesses who have come forward and have followed 250 viable leads," Dean said.

Pete Kampfer, spokesperson for the Colorado City police department, has said the criminal aspects of the investigation are intensifying, but the missing person or "runaway" aspect has not been abandoned.

The investigation has been a two-prong approach from the beginning, he said.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=330796
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: January 12, 2011, 06:00:49 PM »

[quote author=Tamikosmom link=topic=9231.msg1289292#msg1289292
Yes, on the norm I support LE & trust that the majority do their jobs as well as being trustworthy in the performance of said duties.   My observations in how this department is handling this case overall is not favorable.  They really need to stop acting like they can handle the case & reach out to get the professional guidance they need instead of fumbling constantly.  In times of stress many people laugh & joke around as a release but knowing they were about to start a presser involving a missing child that may have been harmed they should have had the decency & class to curtail their joking around.   

You could be right?

Janet

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: January 12, 2011, 06:01:09 PM »

NEW DETAILS: Search Affidavits Reveal Disturbing New Information About Those Closest To Hailey Dunn 1/12/11

UPDATE: 4:45 pm
DPS Trooper Sparky Dean says press conferences will only come "as needed" in Hailey Dunn case.
Billie Dean speaks to CBS 7's Beau Berman about details in affidavits - she says she "simply likes horror movies." She also claims the drugs she allegedly bought (according to affidavits) were not illegal.Hear from Billie Dunn herself tonight on CBS 7 News.

Colorado City, TX - Disturbing new details coming out today in the case of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.
Search affidavits obtained by CBS 7 News do not assign any guilt or innocence, but some of the findings are disturbing.
Here’s a breakdown of the highlights:

-Billie Dunn’s Boyfriend Shawn Adkins had previously threatened the lives of both Hailey and Billie Dunn back in February.
-Both Shawn and Billie Dunn had a fascination with horror films and brutal crimes including serial killers, the occult and mass murders.
- After Billie Dunn reported positive things about Hailey and her personality. Adkins told authorities she was promiscuous and in to drugs. Adkins was the only one to report negative characteristics.
-The reports also state Billie Dunn and Adkins had several friends over for a new year's eve party just three days before Hailey disappeared.
-Affidavits state that Adkins downplayed the party, stating they just had a few friends over to the house to have drinks on New Year ‘s Eve.
-In conversation with Hailey’s uncle, roger Ostrander, Ostrander stated he couldn’t believe anyone would hurt at 13 year-old little girl... to which Adkins replied, "yeah, it’s like killing a deer."

CBS 7’s Beau Berman is in Colorado City this (Wednesday) afternoon. He’ll talk to officials to get the latest on this case. Tune in to CBS 7 News at 4:30, 5:00, 6:00 & 10:00.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23311
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: January 12, 2011, 06:10:02 PM »

NEW DETAILS: Search Affidavits Reveal Disturbing New Information About Those Closest To Hailey Dunn 1/12/11

DPS Trooper Sparky Dean says press conferences will only come "as needed" in Hailey Dunn case.
Billie Dean speaks to CBS 7's Beau Berman about details in affidavits - she says she "simply likes horror movies." She also claims the drugs she allegedly bought (according to affidavits) were not illegal.Hear from Billie Dunn herself tonight on CBS 7 News.

Colorado City, TX - Disturbing new details coming out today in the case of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.
Search affidavits obtained by CBS 7 News do not assign any guilt or innocence, but some of the findings are disturbing.

-Billie Dunn’s Boyfriend Shawn Adkins had previously threatened the lives of both Hailey and Billie Dunn back in February.
-Both Shawn and Billie Dunn had a fascination with horror films and brutal crimes including serial killers, the occult and mass murders.
- After Billie Dunn reported positive things about Hailey and her personality. Adkins told authorities she was promiscuous and in to drugs. Adkins was the only one to report negative characteristics.
-The reports also state Billie Dunn and Adkins had several friends over for a new year's eve party just three days before Hailey disappeared.
-Affidavits state that Adkins downplayed the party, stating they just had a few friends over to the house to have drinks on New Year ‘s Eve.
-In conversation with Hailey’s uncle, roger Ostrander, Ostrander stated he couldn’t believe anyone would hurt at 13 year-old little girl... to which Adkins replied, "yeah, it’s like killing a deer."

CBS 7’s Beau Berman is in Colorado City this (Wednesday) afternoon. He’ll talk to officials to get the latest on this case. Tune in to CBS 7 News at 4:30, 5:00, 6:00 & 10:00.

What I put in bold is not only disturbing but IMHO will be key to the case.   How the H would he know this 13 year old was "promiscuous" & in the face of being missing why would anyone say that with no ill feeling or ill will towards a minor.   If this young girl indeed was behaving in this inappropriate manner what the H was that mother even doing in a positive manner to address it!   And another thing, even if that were true didnt this chick think for one moment that her own misconduct was a bad influence on her impressionable young daughter.  The facts surrounding this case are getting more infuriating by the minute.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: January 12, 2011, 06:13:21 PM »

I guess she went to the local Rite Aid store. 

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #897 on: January 12, 2011, 06:17:38 PM »

It's like you read my feeble mind:)  I wonder if she thinks that buying drugs like hydrocodone, ativan etc means they aren't illegal.....yeah, ermm ok whatever!

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #898 on: January 12, 2011, 06:24:54 PM »

Is she really that stupid??? (BD)

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #899 on: January 12, 2011, 06:25:24 PM »

Nancy Grace Tonight: Don't miss missing teen cheerleader Hailey's mom Billie Dunn talk exclusively about the shocking search warrant affidavits just released that her at the center of the investigation!

I SO don't want to miss this, but am supposed to take daughter out for dinner at Margaritaville for her b-day, so pls someone post what I miss. (I wish I could see Mz Nancy's face) and also the spin on this.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.