May 01, 2024, 01:35:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #178 1/14/11 - 1/27/11  (Read 158411 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: January 14, 2011, 02:56:58 PM »

Didn't realize how short JP is. (I apologize for the quality)

He is too cute.  Who is that lady behind him? 

He's one to admire & yes, along with his fair but reigned in management of the case before him he happens to have quite an adorable charisma.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2011, 02:58:12 PM »

I'm not sure what it's all about, but everybody (both sides and the judge) exited through the same side door. It looks like a meeting of some kind to me.

Yes, they left together (the lawyers) through a side door.

Just happened to notice whose chair did not get pushed in. LOL

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: January 14, 2011, 02:58:55 PM »

I'm not sure what it's all about, but everybody (both sides and the judge) exited through the same side door. It looks like a meeting of some kind to me.

It may just be further scheduling or extended conversation regarding the sanctions.   I would expect that we will just see the judge's ruling on the Motion for Reconsideration released after he pens the order.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #223 on: January 14, 2011, 02:59:05 PM »

8 weeks in a hotel room, brought in breakfast and dinner, lunch at court, sounds really horrible to me.  No internet.  OMG, I would die. 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2011, 03:01:24 PM »

8 weeks in a hotel room, brought in breakfast and dinner, lunch at court, sounds really horrible to me.  No internet.  OMG, I would die. 

No internet, no cable TV, 24 hour news, phone or hugs from loved ones...Id be a pit bull with lipstick & if the evidence led me to guilt there wouldnt be a fellow juror on the panel that would escape my point by point venom.   If the power goes off here for 15 minutes Im already wigging!

Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2011, 03:03:51 PM »

Even if the prosecution relented on sanctions, I hope Bozo et al realize that they had to beg and grovel, and their actions may be forgiven but won't be forgotten.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2011, 03:07:23 PM »

Even if the prosecution relented on sanctions, I hope Bozo et al realize that they had to beg and grovel, and their actions may be forgiven but won't be forgotten.

If Judge Perry relented, we will see both Jar and Bozo on TV gloating.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #227 on: January 14, 2011, 03:08:42 PM »

You made me snort Brandi!!  Great observation and do we expect anything less?   Monkey Devil!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #228 on: January 14, 2011, 03:12:26 PM »

Gawd, I hope not, nothing can show what they're capable of more than past performance..so if they've gotten a pass for sure it will as usual embolden Bozo. Free to act up again.
Hope there's a written order from JP on it.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: January 14, 2011, 03:13:43 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-statuts-20110114,0,7355053.story
Casey Anthony: Judge says it will cost $350K to transport, feed and house jurors for eight week trial
By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

2:21 p.m. EST, January 14, 2011
During a status conference in the Casey Anthony murder case this afternoon, Chief Judge Belvin Perry said that it will cost $350,000 to transport, feed and house the jurors for the eight-week trial.

The status conference is ongoing – check back for details.

The proceeding is expected to deal with logistical issues for the prosecution and defense going forward toward the scheduled May trial of Casey Anthony.

No motions are scheduled to be heard today, but that does not necessarily preclude the issue of the sanction against Anthony attorney Jose Baez from being heard during the proceeding.

Baez, the defense lawyer for murder suspect Casey Anthony, has paid a $583.73 penalty for failing to turn over witness information to state prosecutors, records show.
However, a letter written by co-counsel Cheney Mason and dated Wednesday asks Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton hold onto the check while Mason asks Perry to reconsider the punishment imposed against Baez.

Earlier this week, Mason filed a motion with the court seeking reversal of the penalty.

In his letter to Ashton, Mason writes, "As you recall when we talked, I think there is a good faith reason to not oppose the reconsideration, given the potential future impact of the contempt citation on Mr. Baez, his youth and relative experience in these matters."

Mason added, "I believe it would be the right thing to do, but that decision is certainly yours and, I guess, Lawson's [referring to State Attorney Lawson Lamar]."

Perry handed down the penalty last week after finding Baez in "willful" violation of his court order requiring the defense to provide specific information on the experts.

Ashton, who wanted the information to help him prepare for pre-trial questioning of witnesses, asked the court to impose sanctions after he grew frustrated with the lack of specific information turned over about the defense experts and their testimony.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie in 2008. The trial is scheduled for May. She faces the death penalty if convicted.

She is not expected to be in court today.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #230 on: January 14, 2011, 03:17:13 PM »

Gawd, I hope not, nothing can show what they're capable of more than past performance..so if they've gotten a pass for sure it will as usual embolden Bozo. Free to act up again.

I hope JP doesn't let Mason get away with attempting to school him on the law as well as pointing out that JP was "mistaken"  in the Motion for reconsideration.
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #231 on: January 14, 2011, 03:20:49 PM »

You made me snort Brandi!!  Great observation and do we expect anything less?   Monkey Devil!
Poor what's-her-name didn't get invited to the party behind that side door 
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: January 14, 2011, 03:21:53 PM »

I hope JP doesn't let Mason get away with attempting to school him on the law as well as pointing out that JP was "mistaken"  in the Motion for reconsideration.
Me too, these clowns get away with so much. The only upside is they simply cannot wag a finger at JP for bias or whatever crybaby thing. JP is holding them to try this trial come hell or high water.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: January 14, 2011, 03:42:47 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/26497099/detail.html
Casey Anthony Trial Details Revealed, Except One
Judge, Lawyers Talk Jury Selection At Friday Hearing

POSTED: 3:08 pm EST January 14, 2011
UPDATED: 3:22 pm EST January 14, 2011
Judge Belvin Perry at a Jan. 14, 2011 in the case against Casey Anthony. More

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry revealed new details about Casey Anthony's murder trial at a hearing Friday, but left one big piece of information a mystery -- where the jury will be picked.

Anthony's murder trial for the death of her daughter, Caylee Anthony, is scheduled to begin in May.

Perry determined last year that an out-of-town jury would be used and brought to Orlando for the trial.

Anthony's lawyers had petitioned that the entire trial be moved. Bringing a jury to Central Florida will likely cost less than a change of venue.

Still, Perry said Friday that importing a jury could cost the state $350,000. That figure included meals, housing, laundry, transportation and security.
Perry indicated that the jury may not be housed in Orlando and their location may change from night to night.

Anthony would be transported to the location of the jury selection on a Saturday or Sunday before selection begins, Perry said on Friday.

Attorneys in the case asked for 30 days notice as to the jury selection venue. Perry said he would likely not tell them the location that far ahead. At the end of the hearing, he indicated he was leaning toward a week to two weeks' notice.

Perry said on Friday he estimates the trial will last about eight weeks.

Lawyers also discussed progress on depositions in the case.

Defense attorneys Jose Baez and Cheney Mason said they still had seven or eight depositions of law enforcement officers to complete. Perry said that the depositions must be complete by Feb. 18.

Anthony was not present at the hearing. The court did not take up any motions.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #234 on: January 14, 2011, 03:44:09 PM »

Once again thanks Brandi and Northern Rose for the great screen shots. Also great insights from all the monkeys.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: January 14, 2011, 03:47:50 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/26492040/detail.html
Attorneys To Update Judge In Court On Casey Case
Posted: 7:56 am EST January 14, 2011Updated: 3:30 pm EST January 14, 2011
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Attorneys for both sides will be back in court Friday at 2:00pm, in the case against Casey Anthony.
WATCH 1/14/11 STATUS HEARING Part 1: http://www.wftv.com/video/26497200/index.html
They'll be updating Chief Judge Belvin Perry on the case as they prepare to head to trial. No motions will be heard and Casey will not be there.

Meanwhile, one of Anthony's attorneys is taking on another death penalty case.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: January 14, 2011, 03:51:35 PM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
01/14/2011           Notice of Provision of Supplemental Discovery
01/14/2011           Supplemental State Witness List
01/14/2011           Court Minutes
Status Hearing

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: January 14, 2011, 03:55:10 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/01/casey-anthony-350000-and-eight-weeks-stand-out-in-discussion.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29&utm_content=Twitter
Casey Anthony: $350,000 and eight weeks stand out in discussion
Caylee and Casey Anthony — posted by halboedeker on January, 14 2011 3:41 PM

In a discussion today about jury selection in the Casey Anthony trial, the numbers stood out.

The first one: the projected $350,000 to house and feed jurors. Vinnie Politan of “In Session” was struck by the cost.

“It’s a big investment,” Elizabeth Kelley agreed. “But, Vinnie, at the risk of sounding like a bleeding-heart criminal defense lawyer, you can’t put a dollar sign on justice. You cannot put a dollar sign on protecting the right of the defendant to have a fair and impartial jury.”

The second number: eight weeks, the trial’s projected duration. Politan estimated that could take the trial into July and warned that trials usually run longer.

“With this particular judge, I’m not so sure,” Politan added. “It might be right on.”

Chief Judge Belvin Perry’s determination to keep the process moving impressed Politan. “This judge is organized,” Politan said.

“He’s got quite a plan, doesn’t he?” Jean Casarez agreed. “We didn’t know where jury selection is going to take place, but the judge knows.”

She was struck by Perry’s comment that there should be “plenty of hotels” and that he “was going to put together the demographics of the area.”

The plan is to get the jurors from another jurisdiction, swear them in and bring them to Orlando for a May start. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: January 14, 2011, 03:58:08 PM »

Once again thanks Brandi and Northern Rose for the great screen shots. Also great insights from all the monkeys.

I like to think we make a good team here Wink

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: January 14, 2011, 04:05:56 PM »

I like to think we make a good team here Wink

Yup!   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.