April 30, 2024, 10:08:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #178 1/14/11 - 1/27/11  (Read 158378 times)
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #460 on: January 19, 2011, 02:40:14 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/january/196786/Jurors-in-Casey-Anthony-case-will-have-limited-TV-selection?cid=rss

Jurors in Casey Anthony case will have limited TV selection

By Jacqueline Fell, Reporter
Last Updated: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:02 PM

ORLANDO --
Casey Anthony's murder trial is expected to start in May. A jury from an unknown location will be brought to Orange County for the trial.

Anthony is accused of murdering her daughter Caylee in 2008.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry is overseeing the case. In a status hearing he told lawyers, "jury selection will be different."

Perry, the defense, the state and Anthony will go to an undisclosed location to pick 12 jurors, and an undetermined amount of alternates.

Once jurors are brought to Orange County, they will stay in a hotel. Judge Perry estimates the cost to house, feed, and secure the jury will be $350,000 "to start."

Because the jury will be sequestered, they will have limited contact with the outside world. They will also have a limited number of television channels in their hotel. This is to make sure the jury doesn't get updates or see news reports on the case.

Perry said the list is "acceptable channels, that doesn't carry news or updates."

The state and the defense have until April 1 to review the list.

Juror television channels for approval

American Movie Classics
Animal Planet
Bravo
Cartoon Network
Country Music Television
ESPN
ESPN2
Food Network
Golf Channel
HGTV
Home Shopping Network
Lifetime Movie Network
Lifetime
QVC
SoapNet
Speed Channel
Style
Sci Fi Network
TNT (Turner Network)
Travel Channel
Turner Classic Movies
TV Land
USA Network

I predict defense will object to the Lifetime channels.
Just noticed the poster on the wall.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #461 on: January 19, 2011, 02:42:46 PM »

I wonder, does the court search these jurors?  How would they know if say one of them had a cell phone that has internet access in their luggage?  I assume the hotel would have no internet service in their rooms, but what about stealing local areas wireless internet?  I feel for them, I really do.  I could not do it. 

Once they are chosen and sworn in, I would think they would be limited to the TV, DVDs and books.  I think part of the expense ($350,000) is to make alterations in the jurors rooms for these issues, which is why CJBP has already put the deposit down, to give ample time for this work to be done.   JMOO
I think so too Tupelo.Just a matter of time to set things up.
I could do it.Give me some books and some of my games,and my monkey jammies.   
Ooh, I want monkey jammies!

You need some! 

Looks like the court house is busy today.
http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
01/19/2011           Transaction Assessment            14.00
01/19/2011           Counter Payment    Receipt # CR-2011-03770    ANTHONY, CASEY MARIE    (14.00)
01/19/2011           Transaction Assessment            39.00
01/19/2011           Counter Payment    Receipt # CR-2011-03855    ANTHONY, CASEY MARIE    (39.00)
01/19/2011           Transaction Assessment            92.00
01/19/2011           Counter Payment    Receipt # CR-2011-03907    ANTHONY, CASEY MARIE    (92.00)

I better hurry and finish making the potato cheese soup and get back to the computer.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Girlzrock
Scared Monkey

Next year, boyz....

« Reply #462 on: January 19, 2011, 03:18:05 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9sYvMGigIQ&feature=related

At 5:42 Brad says he can't see a downside to the A's visiting Casey and having the visit broadcast to the public, because they would only be saying good things, so, no downside. Woohoo! You should note the look Cindy gives him when he's done.   

I know!  I wondered when that happened if it weren't a sticking point between the two... His saying that basically made it look like there was really a different reason for their not visiting Casey than the publicly stated one.. IMO.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #463 on: January 19, 2011, 03:44:36 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/26542759/detail.html
State Wants Anthony Sex Info In Trial
Prosecution Files Response In Court To Keep Evidence
POSTED: Wednesday, January 19, 2011
UPDATED: 3:08 pm EST January 19, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The prosecution in the Casey Anthony case have filed a response in court saying that Anthony's intimate relationships with her boyfriend during the month her 2-year-old daughter was missing are highly relevant.
DOCS: Prosecution's Response  http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2011/0119/26542937.pdf
The prosecution filed the response Wednesday after Anthony's defense team argued last week the information was irrelevant to the first-degree murder charges against Anthony.

During the month in the summer of 2008 that Anthony's daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Anthony, was missing, but had not been reported missing, Anthony never told her boyfriend, Tony Lazzaro, police said.

Anthony told police she was conducting her own investigation during that month, before her mother reported Caylee missing, but police said she was with Lazarro instead. Surveillance footage shows the couple together at a Blockbuster store hours after Caylee disappeared.

The prosecution also contends that Anthony's guilty plea to theft charges is relevant to her murder trial. Last year, Anthony pleaded guilty using fraudulent checks in her best friend's name to make purchases during the time that Caylee was missing.

Prosecutors said her history of stealing from relatives as well could signal her motivation for killing her daughter and are relevant at trial.

The prosecution said the tattoo, which says "La Bella Vita," meaning "The Good Life," Anthony got while Caylee was missing is also relevant. Prosecutors said jurors could see the tattoo as an "expression of her preference for her life without Caylee."

Also in Wednesday's filing, the prosecution said Anthony's claim that she borrowed a shovel from a neighbor to do lawn work is "preposterous," and the more reasonable explanation is that she "borrowed the shovel with the intent to bury her daughter."

The prosecution also argued that two MySpace postings be considered admissible in court.

One is a post made by Anthony three weeks after Caylee disappeared, which said, "Everyone lies...everyone dies...tomorrow is a brand new day." The state said that post shows Anthony's state of mind and is inconsistent with her claims about trying to "find her kidnapped child" during that time.
Anthony told investigators a nanny named Zenaida Gonzalez kidnapped Caylee in June 2008 and she tried to find the toddler on her own. A woman with the same name is suing Anthony for defamation.

The second MySpace post was made by Anthony's mother, Cindy Anthony. In the post, titled "My Caylee Is Missing," Cindy Anthony describes how her daughter lied and stole and was jealous of Caylee's closeness with her grandmother.

Caylee's body was found in a wooded area near the Anthony family's east Orange County home in December 2008. Casey Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in her daughter's death. She is being held at the Orange County Jail on no bond.

The trial is expected to begin in May.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #464 on: January 19, 2011, 03:54:47 PM »

I wonder, does the court search these jurors?  How would they know if say one of them had a cell phone that has internet access in their luggage?  I assume the hotel would have no internet service in their rooms, but what about stealing local areas wireless internet?  I feel for them, I really do.  I could not do it. 

Once they are chosen and sworn in, I would think they would be limited to the TV, DVDs and books.  I think part of the expense ($350,000) is to make alterations in the jurors rooms for these issues, which is why CJBP has already put the deposit down, to give ample time for this work to be done.   JMOO

You need some! 

01/19/2011           Counter Payment    Receipt # CR-2011-03770    ANTHONY, CASEY MARIE    (14.00)
01/19/2011           Counter Payment    Receipt # CR-2011-03855    ANTHONY, CASEY MARIE    (39.00)
01/19/2011           Counter Payment    Receipt # CR-2011-03907    ANTHONY, CASEY MARIE    (92.00)

I better hurry and finish making the potato cheese soup and get back to the computer.
I now have my monkey jammies on and I sure could use some potato cheese soup!   
Thanks, Brandi!

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #465 on: January 19, 2011, 04:00:24 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9sYvMGigIQ&feature=related

At 5:42 Brad says he can't see a downside to the A's visiting Casey and having the visit broadcast to the public, because they would only be saying good things, so, no downside. Woohoo! You should note the look Cindy gives him when he's done.   

I know!  I wondered when that happened if it weren't a sticking point between the two... His saying that basically made it look like there was really a different reason for their not visiting Casey than the publicly stated one.. IMO.
I just watched that.  Wow, if looks could kill...I think Casey dug her heels in and tried to figure another way to stick it to her mother, by refusing to see her.  Cindy would never admit to that, though.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #466 on: January 19, 2011, 04:05:51 PM »

Joseph C. Stephens
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1556-4029.2006.00144.x/abstract
An Evaluation of Matching Unknown Writing Inks with the United States International Ink Library†

1. Gerald M. LaPorte M.S.F.S.1,
   2. Marlo D. Arredondo M.F.S.2,
   3. Tyra S. McConnell M.S.F.S.1,
   4. Joseph C. Stephens B.S.2,
   5. Antonio A. Cantu Ph.D.3,
   6. Douglas K. Shaffer M.S.1

Article first published online: 2 MAY 2006
DOI: 10.1111/j.1556-4029.2006.00144.x

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1556-4029.2009.01211.x/abstract
The Examination of Commercial Printing Defects to Assess Common Origin, Batch Variation, and Error Rate†

1. Gerald M. LaPorte M.S.F.S.1,
   2. Joseph C. Stephens M.S.F.S.2,
   3. Amanda K. Beuchel M.S.F.S.2

Article first published online: 30 NOV 2009
DOI: 10.1111/j.1556-4029.2009.01211.x

Journal compilation © 2009 American Academy of Forensic Sciences. No claim to original U.S. government works

Is this possibly for the journal.....to see if Casey did write that entry on '08 and not in '03?  Hmmmmmmm

Exactly my first thought. It gives me hope the journal will be entered as evidence. I am one who thinks the writing was done in 2008 and Spindy did some of her usual tampering. I know not everyone agrees with this but I do think that is what happened.

I've always thought the same thing.
If it it can be proven that it was written in 2008, that would be the cherry on top of the sundae.

Zoo~ Thanks for liking my baby monkey avi.

Re: The TN channels~ Lol at all the funny commentary.
I'd be very upset if I was deprived of BRAVO. I need my Housewives and Andy Cohen fix as often as possible.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #467 on: January 19, 2011, 04:14:33 PM »

You need some! 

I now have my monkey jammies on and I sure could use some potato cheese soup!   
Thanks, Brandi!

With homemade bread! I didn't think you would do it! I love them!   

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #468 on: January 19, 2011, 04:56:58 PM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/

Caylee Anthony case: Linda Drane Burdick argues…death really isn’t all that different
Posted on January 19, 2011 by Valhall

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #469 on: January 19, 2011, 05:05:06 PM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/

Caylee Anthony case: Linda Drane Burdick argues…death really isn’t all that different
Posted on January 19, 2011 by Valhall

Linda Burdick!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #470 on: January 19, 2011, 05:13:57 PM »

I just watched the whole interview again. Geez....... Cindy's such a controlling piece of work.
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #471 on: January 19, 2011, 05:37:26 PM »

I just watched the whole interview again. Geez....... Cindy's such a controlling piece of work.
I have never had such a visceral dislike for someone in my whole life.  Every time I hear her or see her smirk, (she and Baez could have a smirk-off and sell tickets,) I just cringe.  I think she is the reason that I became so fascinated with this case.  Poor Caylee, imagine living with Casey and Cindy?   

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #472 on: January 19, 2011, 07:43:58 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-prosecution-details-20110119,0,7427596.story
Casey Anthony prosecutors reveal key arguments
By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

6:10 p.m. EST, January 19, 2011
os-casey-anthony-prosecution-details-20110119

Casey Anthony's prosecutors this week presented some key elements of their case in a court-filed response to her defense team's attempts to get certain evidence excluded from the approaching murder trial.

The defense wants to keep evidence like Casey Anthony's history of lying and stealing, as told by her father and others, and details of her sex life out of the trial, arguing that such details would be prejudicial and irrelevant.

But the state this week filed a 14-page response to those motions, accompanied by dozens of pages of exhibits. Along the way, the state's response gives a broad summary of much of its case — by highlighting Casey Anthony's actions soon before her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie was reported missing in July 2008.

Those revealing details include:

•Casey Anthony's relationship with Anthony Lazzaro. The defense has argued that her sexual history with him is irrelevant, and the state agrees as far as details of their sexual history is concerned.
However, the state argues, "the existence of an intimate relationship between the two during the time frame when Caylee Anthony was last seen and when she was reported missing by her grandmother is highly relevant."

The prosecution notes one of the first text messages Lazzaro sent Casey Anthony after he learned of the child's "kidnapping." In that text, he expressed disbelief she did not confide these "facts" in him, the document says.

"Does this proferred evidence – that Casey Anthony and Anthony Lazzaro engaged in an intimate relationship yet she told him nothing of her daughter's disappearance – have a legitimate tendency to prove that the child was not kidnapped?" asks the motion, filed jointly by Assistant State Attorneys Frank George and Linda Drane Burdick.

• The defense opposed the state using statements from George Anthony and others that Casey Anthony "had a history of lying and stealing."

But the state's response says, "Many acts of lying and, to a lesser extent, stealing are inextricably intertwined with the evidence of Miss Anthony's activities during the time frame listed in the indictment – June 16, 2008 to July 15, 2008."

"It is apparent from the evidence that Miss Anthony was doing everything in her power to flee – to the extent possible – from her family, to include lying to them as to her whereabouts and stealing from her friend to avoid having to rely on her family for financial support," the prosecution's motion continues.

•Another defense motion seeks to exclude evidence of Casey Anthony's borrowing a shovel from a neighbor.

The state argues her visit to borrow the shovel from Brian Burner "is relevant and probative as it was approximately 48 hours since anyone other than the defendant last saw Caylee Anthony alive."
The notion that that defendant borrowed a shovel to do some light yard work is preposterous…" the state's argument continues.

The defense, the state notes, is "free to argue to the jury that borrowing of a shovel during this time frame does not equate with her guilt. The more reasonable explanation is that the defendant borrowed the shovel with the intent to bury her daughter."

•The defense also wants to exclude evidence of a tattoo Casey Anthony received on July 2, 2008. The state, however, says the facts and circumstances about the timing of the tattoo and the nature of the tattoo itself are "relevant and probative."

Caylee Marie was last seen June 16, 2008. She was not reported missing July 15, 2008. It was during that time period that Casey Anthony received the tattoo stating "La Bella Vita," an Italian expression for "The Beautiful Life" or "The Good Life."

"The tattoo is relevant to show the defendant's state of mind during this time period, and the inscription obtained can certainly be read either as an epitaph for her daughter, or signaling a new beginning for herself," the state argues.

•The state also wants to use a MySpace posting by Cindy Anthony to her daughter about Caylee's disappearance.

"The posting is an untarnished view of the relationship that existed between Casey Anthony and her mother at the time of Caylee's 'disappearance' and evidence of a desperate attempt by the grandmother to learn of the fate of her grandchild," the state's motion says.

At the start of their motion, the prosecutors seem to lay out the importance of admitting this evidence at trial because they are pieces of a larger picture.

"Each item of evidence is a link in the chain of proof," the state maintains.

Anthony Colarossi can be reached at acolarossi@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5447.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #473 on: January 19, 2011, 07:50:18 PM »

She is absolutely a horrible human being.  How she sleeps is beyond me, but I would assume her doctor has her on some good meds to help her sleepy pooo

The whole family is just disgusting.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #474 on: January 19, 2011, 08:58:36 PM »

I have never had such a visceral dislike for someone in my whole life.  Every time I hear her or see her smirk, (she and Baez could have a smirk-off and sell tickets,) I just cringe.  I think she is the reason that I became so fascinated with this case.  Poor Caylee, imagine living with Casey and Cindy?   

I soooo agree with you! Her voice is forever embedded in my brain, especially when I replay in my mind the 911 call when she reports Caylee "missing". I can literally hear her voice when I think of a lot of the statements she's made in the past, and like you, I cringe!

Never, in all my life, have I ever seen people like this. Not even close!

It's awful! 

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #475 on: January 19, 2011, 09:00:20 PM »

She is absolutely a horrible human being.  How she sleeps is beyond me, but I would assume her doctor has her on some good meds to help her sleepy pooo

The whole family is just disgusting.

Boy, you're not kidding!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #476 on: January 19, 2011, 09:10:50 PM »

shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #477 on: January 19, 2011, 09:23:11 PM »

Okay, I have to post, knowing my opinion of the Anthony's is probably different than everyone else here. I am one of the few that think George and Cindy are also victims, just they're victims that made some really bad choices along the way.

Watching this story unfold was like watching a really poorly made movie, it seemed to be a no brainer, Casey killed her daughter. I wasn't until one of my parents called and made a comment that they couldn't bare to watch it because of the resemblance of my own daughter and my own granddaughter, who was born 4 months after Caylee. Originally after putting my own family's faces on this case I thought "STUPID, like any of *my* kids would even be capable of this!" and I was annoyed to say the least.
Then it occurred to me, more than likely in George and Cindy's eyes their daughter couldn't either and the realization she (their baby girl they knew, loved and raised) couldn't either, made them easily buy into the obvious made up crap from Casey. People unrelated usually have a clearer view, because they can look at the facts, without sparking a memory/conversation to reinforce the person wouldn't have been able to do this, even had she wanted to. Stories like *X couldn't have done this, remember when her puppy broke it's leg and she didn't leave it side* causing everyone nearby to tell their own *she couldn't have done this" tale.

I think I have a pretty good idea why George and Cindy's part played out like it did. Casey wasn't a minor, therefore had total control over Caylee and they knew that. Everything I've read alluded to Casey having played the Caylee power card, often. It's good and bad that police can't step in and remove kids from parents due to someone calling in. Bad because of cases like this, good because if it took a phone call to act, everyone with kids would most likely have their kids taken out of their care at some point. That would become the most used revenge or way to mess with the enemy and everyone from a mad ex would be calling in to report, to a coworker who's mad.

In Cindy's initial 911 calls she sounds panicked. Her calls were some what acted on, but with a missing granddaughter, I'm sure short of bringing Caylee home, LE wasn't acting on these calls good enough.
Cindy started to take on an *OMG the police don't even care, they're doing nothing* attitude. She sounded panicked and furious in her 911 call about the dead body in the car. During the days that followed, Casey and whoever else, put Casey's face on actually killing Caylee, actually driving around with her dead in the car, acting normal etc and after putting it in real life perspective thought whew, yeah she couldn't have done that-we need to find that nanny that took her.

The police saw what everyone else saw and had a pretty good idea all the so called tips to Caylee's where abouts were pointless to look into, however inviting George and Cindy to bring their new tips into the station was an easy way to get get G and C in, where LE could ask them questions.

While I don't know exactly how I would act if this situation was about my own family, I pretty sure if I was panicking and on a desperate search for my child or grandchild and the leads I took in to LE, were not only ignored (aka wasting valuble search time), but always turned into an interrogation pointing to my daughter, my son, my husband and myself, I too would be mad and done even asking LE to help.

Having wasted those days and now realizing I would have to find my own resources to follow leads. In the event LE showed up on my doorstep, interrupting the search I had to start, because LE did absolutely nothing, asking me to stop searching and get them a list of things that I truly thought were irrelevant, I'm pretty sure I would be livid!

The Anthony's aren't in my family, Casey isn't my daughter, Caylee isn't my granddaughter, so the reason why LE wanted those things was obvious to me, an arm chair detective watching unknown players. I really believe at the point G and C had to actually picture their daughter Casey, in the scenario LE was painting, they came to the conclusion Casey wasn't capable of ever harming Caylee period. And it was that mindset that lead down the path of resentment of LE and the lying etc.

I pray I never have to learn first hand exactly what I'd do in their situation. Everything always seems a lot easier in theory and from a distance. Like for instance I read lots of parenting books and took parenting classes and offered up lots of advice to friends with kids. I was the perfect parent, with perfect kids. clear up until I actually had my first. lol
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #478 on: January 19, 2011, 09:33:25 PM »

Your points are well taken, Shy, however, Cindy washed evidence from the car immediately, and took her time calling LE the day they recovered Casey's car from the tow yard, sent George to work, and then went back to work herself.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #479 on: January 19, 2011, 09:42:12 PM »

Your points are well taken, Shy, however, Cindy washed evidence from the car immediately, and took her time calling LE the day they recovered Casey's car from the tow yard, sent George to work, and then went back to work herself.

Also, wasn't it the 3rd 911 call when she finally reported Caylee missing?

I'm in agreement with those who say they were all in cover up mode from that point on. I believe they knew. And I believe they knew that night!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.