May 01, 2024, 02:04:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #178 1/14/11 - 1/27/11  (Read 158414 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #540 on: January 20, 2011, 01:04:36 PM »

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #541 on: January 20, 2011, 01:05:30 PM »

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #542 on: January 20, 2011, 01:06:29 PM »

http://bullstopper.wordpress.com/
Did Cheney Mason Smile for the Camera? 01/20/11

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: January 20, 2011, 01:07:39 PM »

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #544 on: January 20, 2011, 01:08:09 PM »

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: January 20, 2011, 01:08:30 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/26557750/detail.html

Casey Defense Wants $12K More From Taxpayers
New Motion Asks For Approval Of 300 Investigative Hours
Gabe Travers, WESH.com

POSTED: 11:24 am EST January 20, 2011
UPDATED: 11:50 am EST January 20, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team is asking Judge Belvin Perry to approve more taxpayer-funded investigative hours.

In a new motion, defense attorneys ask for approval of an additional 300 hours in the interest of "judicial economy."

Anthony was declared indigent in March, so a state agency now doles out money for her defense.

The state-approved rate is $40 per investigative hour, so if approved, the new request could mean an additional $12,000 in taxpayer money.

The defense said in the motion it is already 106.2 hours over what has been approved by the court. Defense attorneys note that prosecutors continue to submit new witness names and turn over discovery, both of which must be looked into.

Anthony's defense team has asked for additional hours several times in the last few months. Each time, Perry has approved a portion of the defense requests.

Up to this point, Perry has approved 480.7 in-state investigative hours, which equates to $19,228.

In a separate motion, the defense asked for approval of investigative hours for a possible penalty phase of the trial.

In September, the defense requested a $5,000 for such work, but Perry withheld a ruling on the issue pending the defense's submission of an itemized list of services that would be needed.

The motion includes the itemized list that the court requested.

The next hearing in the case is scheduled for Feb. 4.
WESH.com will provide live coverage.

I think the defense is using the "investigative hours" requests as a backdoor way to pay themselves. And as payback for sanctions, past and future.

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #546 on: January 20, 2011, 01:10:32 PM »

This is one of my favorites. I wish it was bigger.  an angelic monkey

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: January 20, 2011, 01:12:51 PM »

Thanks, TRIMM.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #548 on: January 20, 2011, 01:15:19 PM »

snipped:

We have learned Mr. Mason despite his often-referenced experience and longevity in his profession, despite his many years trying cases in the Orlando court system, despite his friendly remarks and jovial attitude toward the judge, must assure the court he is not lying in his written documents by including phrases like “in good faith”.

Only a liar must take these routes and I'm sick of it being done in court.  Every aspect of Casey's "team" and her so-called defense is based on lies. Obvious lies at that and then they run and cry boo hoo, can't get a fair trial, etc.   Disgusting and shameful.   Thank goodness the State is standing up for Caylee and the truth will prevail.  In the mean time, I'll just have to keep my barf bag handy.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: January 20, 2011, 01:19:09 PM »

Who is K Delaney? Does anyone know?

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: January 20, 2011, 01:20:00 PM »

It's one of my favorites too. So sweet.  an angelic monkey

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #551 on: January 20, 2011, 01:22:39 PM »

LOL.  I think a bit more like this one.

OMG!!!  I'm laughing so hard.....but even this one is too good.  See, evil and hatred have a way of showing through, and I don't see that in this pig you posted. Now the other one.......OH, Hell Yeah!!!  moo

You are right, he is just a pig and he cannot help what he looks like.  He kind of looks like my doggie, who is a fat little pug dog, but I love him to death.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #552 on: January 20, 2011, 01:23:35 PM »

OMG!!!  I'm laughing so hard.....but even this one is too good.  See, evil and hatred have a way of showing through, and I don't see that in this pig you posted. Now the other one.......OH, Hell Yeah!!!  moo

I'm sorry, but to compare this poor pig to Cindy Anthony is........well, it's pig abuse.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #553 on: January 20, 2011, 01:28:04 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/26557750/detail.html

Casey Defense Wants $12K More From Taxpayers
New Motion Asks For Approval Of 300 Investigative Hours
Gabe Travers, WESH.com

POSTED: 11:24 am EST January 20, 2011
UPDATED: 11:50 am EST January 20, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team is asking Judge Belvin Perry to approve more taxpayer-funded investigative hours.

In a new motion, defense attorneys ask for approval of an additional 300 hours in the interest of "judicial economy."

Anthony was declared indigent in March, so a state agency now doles out money for her defense.

The state-approved rate is $40 per investigative hour, so if approved, the new request could mean an additional $12,000 in taxpayer money.

The defense said in the motion it is already 106.2 hours over what has been approved by the court. Defense attorneys note that prosecutors continue to submit new witness names and turn over discovery, both of which must be looked into.

Anthony's defense team has asked for additional hours several times in the last few months. Each time, Perry has approved a portion of the defense requests.

Up to this point, Perry has approved 480.7 in-state investigative hours, which equates to $19,228.

In a separate motion, the defense asked for approval of investigative hours for a possible penalty phase of the trial.

In September, the defense requested a $5,000 for such work, but Perry withheld a ruling on the issue pending the defense's submission of an itemized list of services that would be needed.

The motion includes the itemized list that the court requested.

The next hearing in the case is scheduled for Feb. 4.
WESH.com will provide live coverage.

Feb 4th is marked on my calendar.  I'll have to start gathering supplies.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: January 20, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »

Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #555 on: January 20, 2011, 01:44:19 PM »

snipped...
Pigs are intelligent[11] and can be trained to perform numerous tasks and tricks.[12] Recently, they have enjoyed a measure of popularity as house pets, particularly the dwarf breeds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig

Spigny is NOT intelligent, she can NOT be trained and she would NOT make a good pet....IMO

I'm sorry, but to compare this poor pig to Cindy Anthony is........well, it's pig abuse.
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #556 on: January 20, 2011, 01:46:05 PM »

Sorry, I ended up in the middle of the quote box, my comments below...

snipped...
Pigs are intelligent[11] and can be trained to perform numerous tasks and tricks.[12] Recently, they have enjoyed a measure of popularity as house pets, particularly the dwarf breeds.

Spigny is NOT intelligent, she can NOT be trained and she would NOT make a good pet....IMO

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #557 on: January 20, 2011, 02:38:11 PM »

Sorry, I ended up in the middle of the quote box, my comments below...

snipped...

Sooooo true!!

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #558 on: January 20, 2011, 03:03:26 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-defense-costs-20110120,0,7096141.story

Casey Anthony team asks for more state funds
By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
1:49 p.m. EST, January 20, 2011

The Casey Anthony defense team is asking Chief Judge Belvin Perry to approve a total 300 hours of "in-state investigative services" to help the defense prepare for the woman's rapidly approaching trial in May.

The 300 hours translates into about $12,000 for investigative costs that would be provided by the Justice Administrative Commission, which is paying for expenses and costs associated with the Casey Anthony defense.

Charged with first-degree murder in her daughter Caylee's 2008 death, Casey Anthony was declared indigent last year, making her eligible for the state funding.

This is the defense team's third request for additional investigative hours.

"As of today, the total in-state investigative hours are approximately 106.2 hours…pending review of this motion," according to the document filed by Casey Anthony attorneys Jose Baez, Cheney Mason and Ann Finnell.

"In the interest of judicial economy, and the trial being less than four months away, the defense is respectfully requesting an additional 300 hours for in-state investigative services to include the 106.2 hours and continued investigation of the state's discovery…," the document notes.

Also, in the motion, the defense comments that the prosecution in the Casey Anthony case has filed 18 notices of supplemental discovery, covering more than 9,600 pages of documents and 165 audio files "all of which need to be reviewed and investigated by the defense."

The defense also filed a separate motion asking the judge to approve a $5,000 cap for investigative hours related to preparation of the penalty phase in the murder case. The judge had previously asked for an itemized list of investigative services to support the defense request. The defense provided that itemized list with its motion.

Casey Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in her 2-year-old daughter's death. If she is convicted as charged, she faces the death penalty. The penalty phase of the trial requires additional and separate preparation beyond the so-called guilt phase.

By the end of last year, the defense team had billed the JAC slightly more than $55,000 in connection with work done on the case. The JAC did not immediately respond to a request for an updated billing amount.

Prior to being declared indigent, Casey Anthony's private funding totaled $275,000.

Last week, Judge Perry estimated it will cost some $350,000 to transport, house and feed jurors selected from another jurisdiction to hear the case for a possible eight-week trial. Jurors need to be selected from outside the Central Florida area and sequestered here due to the pre-trial publicity surrounding the case.

In other developments in the case:

The next scheduled hearing in the case is set for 1:30 p.m. Feb. 4.

An extensive, two-day hearing is set for March 2 and March 3. That hearing will deal with defense motions to prevent certain statements from entering the trial; to prevent certain video footage at the trial; to exclude all evidence involving canine searches and alerts; and to suppress law enforcement officer statements.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #559 on: January 20, 2011, 04:08:33 PM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234

01/20/2011    Motion for Approval of Investigative Hours for the Penalty Phase
01/20/2011    Motion Third; for Additional Hours of Investigation

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.