May 01, 2024, 01:21:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #178 1/14/11 - 1/27/11  (Read 158408 times)
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #560 on: January 20, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »

(snipped)
Wow, I would be so furious if I were a Florida taxpayer!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #561 on: January 20, 2011, 05:01:21 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20029087-504083.html
January 20, 2011 4:14 PM
Casey Anthony Update: Prosecutors Want Fla. Mom's Sex, Criminal History Detailed at Murder Trial

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #562 on: January 20, 2011, 05:19:10 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/01/casey-anthony-three-searchers-dont-support-defense-position.html/comment-page-1#comment-130636

Casey Anthony: Three searchers don’t support defense position
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, Orlando, WESH — posted by halboedeker on January, 20 2011 4:41 PM

WESH-Channel 2 interviewed three people identified as defense witnesses in the Casey Anthony case.

The news: The three told WESH’s Bob Kealing nothing to support the defense.

Or, more precisely, they didn’t back up the defense contention that someone other than Anthony dumped Caylee’s remains after Casey was jailed. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Caylee.

Kealing said that about a dozen searchers were being deposed by prosecutors today. He talked to three.

Spouses Kevin and Lisa Galloway said the area where Caylee’s body was later found was waist-deep in water in September 2008. Kealing asked, “Do you think there’s any chance it was dry enough for someone to move the remains after Casey was locked up on Oct. 14?” Kealing asked. No, they said. In fact, they believe Caylee’s remains were submerged when they searched the area.

Searcher Melissa White told Kealing that she couldn’t say for sure she searched the exact spot where the toddler was later found.

Kealing also reported that Chief Judge Belvin Perry rejected a defense motion to reconsider the $583 fine against defense attorney Jose Baez for willfully violating court rules.

And WESH reported that Baez has asked Perry for an additional 300 investigative hours. Kealing said the cost to taxpayers would be $12,000.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #563 on: January 20, 2011, 05:20:37 PM »

I hope this hasn't been posted yet!

http://www.wesh.com/r/26561291/detail.html

Perry Won't Reconsider Defense Sanctions
Judge In Case Against Casey Says Defense Was Never Held In Contempt

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry said Thursday he won't reconsider his decision to sanction Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez.

Perry filed an order on Thursday, denying a defense request that he wipe clean a finding of contempt.

Perry said Thursday he never in fact held the defense in civil contempt. Perry said at a December hearing that he would consider contempt in future instances if the defense failed to comply with court orders.

The defense argued that the sanctions were not necessary for attorneys to comply with the order and that attorneys had tried very hard to meet deadlines set by the court.

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #564 on: January 20, 2011, 05:23:33 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/26562463/detail.html

Casey Defense Witnesses: Area Was Submerged
Prosecutors Question New Witnesses Under Oath Thursday

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The defense's new witnesses in the case against Casey Anthony may not provide quite the proof the defense had hoped.

In late November, defense attorney Cheney Mason said for the first time that his team had found 15 to 20 people who searched the exact area where Caylee Anthony's remains were found, but found no body.

If that's the case, the testimony could support the defense theory that the remains were placed in the area after Anthony was already indicted and jailed.

In the past, Texas EquuSearch volunteers have given sworn statements saying that the area in question was under water and there was no way to figure out what was there.

On Thursday, prosecutors had the chance to question more than 10 witnesses under oath.

Among them were Kevin and Lisa Galloway, a husband and wife who searched with Texas EquuSearch on all-terrain vehicles within a few feet of where Caylee Anthony's remains were later found.

"We were probably the closest to her of anyone on the search," said Lisa Galloway.

The Galloways told WESH 2 News on Thursday that the area where the remains were later found was under waist-deep water in September 2008. From what they saw, they said they believe Caylee Anthony's remains were present and submerged.

"Do you think there was any way it was dry enough for someone to move the remains after Casey was locked up on Oct. 14?" asked WESH 2 reporter Bob Kealing.

"We went in there three times and that water was deep," said Kevin Galloway.

Another witness that testified on Thursday, Melinda White, told WESH 2 news she never searched the exact area where the remains were found.

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #565 on: January 20, 2011, 05:24:47 PM »

This is one of my favorites. I wish it was bigger.  an angelic monkey

Thanks Brandi! I've saved this one too!  an angelic monkey

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #566 on: January 20, 2011, 05:28:31 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/r/26561291/detail.html

POSTED: 3:32 pm EST January 20, 2011
UPDATED: 3:56 pm EST January 20, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry said Thursday he won't reconsider his decision to sanction Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez.

Perry filed an order on Thursday, denying a defense request that he wipe clean a finding of contempt.

READ: Perry Won't Reconsider   http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26561606/detail.html
Perry said Thursday he never in fact held the defense in civil contempt. Perry said at a December hearing that he would consider contempt in future instances if the defense failed to comply with court orders.

The defense argued that the sanctions were not necessary for attorneys to comply with the order and that attorneys had tried very hard to meet deadlines set by the court
Baez was ordered to pay the state $583.72 for the cost prosecutors incurred in filing their motion for sanctions.

Baez sent prosecutors his check last week, along with a letter from fellow defense attorney Cheney Mason that asked prosecutors consider not cashing the check.

Mason said there was a "good faith reason" not to cash the check, given the impact on Baez and his "youth and relative experience in these matters," he wrote in the letter.

~ Peter Frampton
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #567 on: January 20, 2011, 05:30:22 PM »

Trimm! I should have just finished reading before I posted that! I was a bit excited to see JP isn't going to reconsider! You're always on the ball!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #568 on: January 20, 2011, 05:33:12 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-baez-denied-20110120,0,656597.story
Judge denies Jose Baez motion to reconsider sanctions
Chief Judge Belvin Perry today denied a request by Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez to remove a sanction imposed on him for failing to turn over discovery documents to the prosecution.

It means that Perry's finding early this month that Baez "willfully violated" his court order will stand, as will Baez's payment of $583.73 to the prosecution for costs associated with raising the sanction issue against him.

In his order, Perry notes that the defense team's request for the court to reconsider the punishment mistakenly cites "civil contempt," a finding the prosecution had asked for, but not what Perry found in his ruling to punish Baez.

"Counsel [for the defense] argues a determination of civil contempt is unnecessary to ensure compliance with the court's order regarding discovery," Perry wrote. "However, as the record will clearly reflect, the court did not hold counsel in contempt."

Perry found Baez in willful violation of a discovery order, a sanction allowed under the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure. Baez was ordered to turn over his expert witness testimony details, so that the prosecution could prepare for depositions.
In his order today, Perry included a lengthy footnote critical of the defense team's efforts to convince the court that Baez made a good faith effort to provide the discovery information about the expert witnesses on time.

"Counsel now details efforts to fax approximately 300 pages, which the clerk's office declined, as well as attorney William Slabaugh's trek through rush hour traffic to file these pages, only to reach the courthouse after closing time on the date the information was due," Perry wrote, noting that the defense had not previously made that information known.

"Regardless, counsel was directed to provide a statement of the specific subjects upon which the expert will testify and offer opinions; the substance of the facts to which the expert is expected to testify; and a summary of the expert's opinions and the ground for each opinion," Perry wrote. "Dropping 300 pages of documentation into the court file cannot reasonably be interpreted to comply with this direction."

Casey Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie. If she is convicted, she faces a possible death penalty sentence. Her trial is set to start in May.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #569 on: January 20, 2011, 05:33:56 PM »

Trimm! I should have just finished reading before I posted that! I was a bit excited to see JP isn't going to reconsider! You're always on the ball!

I was excited too.   

~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: January 20, 2011, 05:52:31 PM »

I was excited too.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #571 on: January 20, 2011, 06:19:56 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-baez-denied-20110120,0,656597.story
Judge denies Jose Baez motion to reconsider sanctions
Chief Judge Belvin Perry today denied a request by Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez to remove a sanction imposed on him for failing to turn over discovery documents to the prosecution.

It means that Perry's finding early this month that Baez "willfully violated" his court order will stand, as will Baez's payment of $583.73 to the prosecution for costs associated with raising the sanction issue against him.

In his order, Perry notes that the defense team's request for the court to reconsider the punishment mistakenly cites "civil contempt," a finding the prosecution had asked for, but not what Perry found in his ruling to punish Baez.

"Counsel [for the defense] argues a determination of civil contempt is unnecessary to ensure compliance with the court's order regarding discovery," Perry wrote. "However, as the record will clearly reflect, the court did not hold counsel in contempt."

Perry found Baez in willful violation of a discovery order, a sanction allowed under the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure. Baez was ordered to turn over his expert witness testimony details, so that the prosecution could prepare for depositions.
In his order today, Perry included a lengthy footnote critical of the defense team's efforts to convince the court that Baez made a good faith effort to provide the discovery information about the expert witnesses on time.

"Counsel now details efforts to fax approximately 300 pages, which the clerk's office declined, as well as attorney William Slabaugh's trek through rush hour traffic to file these pages, only to reach the courthouse after closing time on the date the information was due," Perry wrote, noting that the defense had not previously made that information known.

"Regardless, counsel was directed to provide a statement of the specific subjects upon which the expert will testify and offer opinions; the substance of the facts to which the expert is expected to testify; and a summary of the expert's opinions and the ground for each opinion," Perry wrote. "Dropping 300 pages of documentation into the court file cannot reasonably be interpreted to comply with this direction."

Casey Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie. If she is convicted, she faces a possible death penalty sentence. Her trial is set to start in May.

This article explains it best. Thanks Trimm.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #572 on: January 20, 2011, 07:46:51 PM »

In the middle of my family visit but took time out to catch up on the case and all I have to say is  Im doing  ::cartwheel::s A)  As I anticipated CJBP would not reconsider the sanction B)  Witnesses giving testimony that the area was indeed under water & deep C) and most important, justice is on the way for Caylee 

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #573 on: January 20, 2011, 07:58:13 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/01/casey-anthony-three-searchers-dont-support-defense-position.html/comment-page-1#comment-130636

Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, Orlando, WESH — posted by halboedeker on January, 20 2011 4:41 PM

WESH-Channel 2 interviewed three people identified as defense witnesses in the Casey Anthony case.

Or, more precisely, they didn’t back up the defense contention that someone other than Anthony dumped Caylee’s remains after Casey was jailed. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Caylee.

Kealing said that about a dozen searchers were being deposed by prosecutors today. He talked to three.

Spouses Kevin and Lisa Galloway said the area where Caylee’s body was later found was waist-deep in water in September 2008. Kealing asked, “Do you think there’s any chance it was dry enough for someone to move the remains after Casey was locked up on Oct. 14?” Kealing asked. No, they said. In fact, they believe Caylee’s remains were submerged when they searched the area.

Searcher Melissa White told Kealing that she couldn’t say for sure she searched the exact spot where the toddler was later found.

Kealing also reported that Chief Judge Belvin Perry rejected a defense motion to reconsider the $583 fine against defense attorney Jose Baez for willfully violating court rules.

And WESH reported that Baez has asked Perry for an additional 300 investigative hours. Kealing said the cost to taxpayers would be $12,000.

Big surprise! Lol!

Kealing also reported that Chief Judge Belvin Perry rejected a defense motion to reconsider the $583 fine against defense attorney Jose Baez for willfully violating court rules.~  Thank you, Judge Perry.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #574 on: January 20, 2011, 09:17:39 PM »

In the middle of my family visit but took time out to catch up on the case and all I have to say is  Im doing  ::cartwheel::s A)  As I anticipated CJBP would not reconsider the sanction B)  Witnesses giving testimony that the area was indeed under water & deep C) and most important, justice is on the way for Caylee 

Capp
does that mean? that the sanction will remaind on file with the florida bar?
TIA

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #575 on: January 20, 2011, 09:18:49 PM »

I was excited too.   

OH YES MY THANKS TO TRIM AND ALL OF YOU HARD WORKING MONEKYS.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #576 on: January 20, 2011, 09:19:28 PM »

I was excited too.   

SORRY FOR THE CAPS

OH YES MY THANKS TO TRIM AND ALL OF YOU HARD WORKING MONEKYS.

Loca
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #577 on: January 20, 2011, 09:50:56 PM »

Capp
TIA

I'm not Cappy, but I would say a definite YES! 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #578 on: January 21, 2011, 02:02:59 AM »

Capp
TIA

I'm not Cappy, but I would say a definite YES! 

Nope, she's not Cappy but maybe a sister from another mister      The sanction is indeed on file, in fact they denoted it in their news release a few weeks back.  He was never found to be in contempt of court but he was sanctioned, fined to reimburse the State for the amount it cost them to file the motion.   I'm pretty sure its safe to say this is just the beginning because Bozo is too dense to get the memo....eventually it will totally sux to be him.

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #579 on: January 21, 2011, 02:19:54 AM »

A W E S O M E

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.