April 18, 2024, 12:14:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #11 9/17/11 -  (Read 136490 times)
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2012, 04:02:45 AM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/zahra-bakers-father-adam-hopeful-of-returning-to-australia-next-week/story-e6freoof-1226237055205

::snipping2::

Zahra suffered during her short life.

She was abandoned by her biological mother following her birth in Wagga Wagga
and at the age of five she had her lower left leg amputated after being stricken with bone cancer.

BBM

I really take exception to this description of how Zahra came to be in Adam's care.  We all know the reasons given by Emily and I fully believe her, as I have known young and not so young mothers in the same situation where they felt it better for their baby to be cared for by a relative, or a person involved such as the father, for a short while.  This can happen with a first pregnancy or even a subsequent one after no problems with previous pregnancies.  I do wish the media would check their facts, or if that is too difficult for them, to not make such hurtful assumptions.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2012, 04:15:12 AM »

Quote : Hickory Daily Record reports that Baker received a suspended jail sentence of 45 days, 18 months of unsupervised probation and was ordered to repay $349.

So where does he serve the 18 months unsupervised probation?  Not feasible that he would spend it in Australia.

Also it seems it could be a while until we can see if our Customs and Immigration personnel meet him on his return to Australia with questions about his taking Zahra out of our country with forged documentation.

This is all beyond belief.

On a nicer note I think the memorial for Zahra off Dudley Shoals Road shows what caring and decent people live there.  Thank you to those involved from Australia.

BBM

Maybe Adam will have to stay in the U.S. for 18 months until his legal matters are settled? 

Tibro, dear Zahra has touched our hearts with her goodness, sacrifice, and smile forever!  The playground, the roadside monuments, and the police memorial are just a small way to honor our angel--Zahra.   an angelic monkey

Grace our Zahra was an exceptional young girl with such a wonderful attitude through all the adversities she faced.  She is an inspiration to all of us in both our countries and has brought many people to actively involve themselves in standing up against abuse of children.  Like Natalee and Daniel, Zahra's legacy lives on to protect others.  One wonders how much more she could have achieved had her life not have been cut short so cruelly by two of the most despicable people to walk the earth.

Yes Sister I agree Adam is involved and has managed to weasel out of charges associated with Zahra's murder like the coward he is.  I hope he suffers for it in some measure in this life as assuredly he will in the next life.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2012, 09:34:50 AM »

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/zahra-bakers-father-adam-hopeful-of-returning-to-australia-next-week/story-e6freoof-1226237055205

Zahra suffered during her short life.

She was abandoned by her biological mother following her birth in Wagga Wagga
and at the age of five she had her lower left leg amputated after being stricken with bone cancer.

BBM

I really take exception to this description of how Zahra came to be in Adam's care.  We all know the reasons given by Emily and I fully believe her, as I have known young and not so young mothers in the same situation where they felt it better for their baby to be cared for by a relative, or a person involved such as the father, for a short while.  This can happen with a first pregnancy or even a subsequent one after no problems with previous pregnancies.  I do wish the media would check their facts, or if that is too difficult for them, to not make such hurtful assumptions.

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2012, 09:14:28 PM »

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/general/neighbour-breaks-silence/2413347.aspx

Neighbour breaks silence
BY JADE MARTIN
09 Jan, 2012 01:00 AM

THE death of 10-year-old Wagga-born Zahra Baker has been shrouded in mystery ever since her father Adam Baker first reported her missing on October 9, 2010.

As he prepares to re-enter Australia a free man, after being cleared of playing any role in her death, his former North Carolina neighbour Eddie Mitchell wants all of Australia to know the truth behind Mr Baker's past.
He believes it is impossible that Mr Baker did not know his daughter was dead in the two weeks prior to when she was reported missing.

"I had a very similar-sized house to what they did," he said.

"I could give you a conducted tour of the house in 30 seconds.
He believes if the police had put more pressure on Mr Baker, the investigation may have unearthed the truth behind Zahra's final days.

"For some reason they (the police) have almost let him go," Mr Mitchell said.

"This woman, Elisa Baker, she is the woman from hell."

Mr Mitchell said that in the weeks following Zahra's death, Mr Baker appeared to have shown no remorse and was often seen standing out beside his mail box talking and laughing with a smile on his face.

"I was upset because of the way they both were."
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2012, 11:40:48 AM »

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/general/neighbour-breaks-silence/2413347.aspx

Neighbour breaks silence
BY JADE MARTIN

THE death of 10-year-old Wagga-born Zahra Baker has been shrouded in mystery ever since her father Adam Baker first reported her missing on October 9, 2010.

As he prepares to re-enter Australia a free man, after being cleared of playing any role in her death, his former North Carolina neighbour Eddie Mitchell wants all of Australia to know the truth behind Mr Baker's past.
He believes it is impossible that Mr Baker did not know his daughter was dead in the two weeks prior to when she was reported missing.

He believes if the police had put more pressure on Mr Baker, the investigation may have unearthed the truth behind Zahra's final days.

Mr Mitchell said that in the weeks following Zahra's death, Mr Baker appeared to have shown no remorse and was often seen standing out beside his mail box talking and laughing with a smile on his face.

grace-land, I hope Baker's reputation follows him to Australia because I still believe he had a hand in Zahra' murder.  Why LE has let him go on these charges is beyond my comprehension.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2012, 07:17:10 PM »

Neighbour breaks silence
BY JADE MARTIN

grace-land, I hope Baker's reputation follows him to Australia because I still believe he had a hand in Zahra' murder.  Why LE has let him go on these charges is beyond my comprehension.

The LE didn't have credible evidence on him for the death of Zahra (poor angel).  I think that they covered up for each other--he remained quite about the killing, and she remained quite about him helping her after the killing.  jmo
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2012, 07:38:01 PM »

http://www2.wsls.com/lifestyles/2012/jan/10/apnewsbreak-nc-to-change-child-death-reviews-ar-1601958/

Apnewsbreak: NC to Change Child Death Reviews
By: MITCH WEISS | Associated Press
Published: January 10, 2012 Updated: January 10, 2012 - 7:02 PM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) Faced with a backlog of child death cases, a state agency said Tuesday it will handle high-profile fatalities faster to learn from mistakes and prevent future tragedies.

Cases with greater potential to show how problems can be fixed will be reviewed first, instead of doing investigations chronologically, according to Kevin Kelly, section chief for child welfare in the state Division of Social Services.

"What we're doing is tweaking the policy to address high profile cases," he said. "There's a thought that we can learn more from the high-profile cases."

Currently, the agency appoints a task force to review fatalities involving children who had contact with county social service departments in the year prior to the child's death. Sometimes the State Child Fatality Review Task Force, made up of state and local officials, finds a death that couldn't have been prevented a child killed in a car accident, for example. But many reviews find systemic problems at the county level, from chronic lack of resources to a lack of communication between police and social workers.

"It's just so important that this be uniform across the state, because there are so many child deaths that are called something they're not," said Rhonda Morris, executive director of Kids First, an Elizabeth City-based child abuse prevention group. "There are deaths from abuse that are called crib deaths."

The state has 38 cases currently awaiting a review, including some of North Carolina's most notorious. Among those:
Zahra Baker, a 10-year-old disabled Australian girl who was reported missing from her Hickory home in October 2010. Parts of her dismembered body were found a short time later. Her stepmother, Elisa Baker, was convicted last September of second-degree murder and sentenced to up to 18 years in jail. Elisa Baker had a history of being reported for suspected child abuse, and county social workers had looked into similar reports about Zahra shortly before she was murdered.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2012, 10:59:50 PM »

http://www.wlos.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wlos_vid_6376.shtml

Top Stories - Husband Could Face Charges Inspired By Child's Death
Tuesday, January 10 2012, 10:44 PM EST

The death and dismemberment of Zahra Baker inspired a new state law that went into effect December 1st. It makes it a felony to conceal a death, secretly bury or dispose of a body and to willfully dismember or destroy human remains. If prosecutors choose to charge Michael Wilkie with this new criminal offense he would be among the first if not the first in the state charged with it. After allegedly killing his wife in their Henderson County home investigators say Wilkie tried to destroy Shelby's body by burning it in a 55 gallon burn barrel in the backyard. ::snipping2::
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2012, 03:20:52 AM »

http://www.wbtv.com/story/16201456/zahra-bakers-remains-returned-to-her-father

Zahra Baker's remains returned to her father
Posted: Dec 06, 2011 1:58 PM CST
Updated: Dec 06, 2011 2:24 PM CST
By Nick Needham - email
By Chris Dyches, Web Content Producer

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Zahra Baker's remains are now in the custody of her father.

The Medical Examiner's office in Chapel Hill released the remains to a Hickory Funeral home two weeks ago. The remains were cremated and given to Adam Baker, Zahra's father.

Adam Baker has told us in several interviews that his wish is to return home to Australia and to give Zahra a proper service and burial there.

No paperwork was filed by law enforcement, the District Attorney's office or Elisa Baker's attorneys requesting the Medical Examiner's Office to continue holding on to the remains.

Policy at the Medical Examiner's Office is that after a waiting period, if they are not notified, they will release remains to a family member or a person "in standing." 

Officials have said in the past that Adam Baker would be the first person eligible to ask for Zahra's remains.

Boy, that is bittersweet as I still believe he had something to do with her death IMO.

Hey Sister!!

I thought they were going to give Emily Zahra's remains.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2012, 01:46:14 PM »

By Nick Needham - email

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Zahra Baker's remains are now in the custody of her father.

The Medical Examiner's office in Chapel Hill released the remains to a Hickory Funeral home two weeks ago. The remains were cremated and given to Adam Baker, Zahra's father.

Adam Baker has told us in several interviews that his wish is to return home to Australia and to give Zahra a proper service and burial there.

No paperwork was filed by law enforcement, the District Attorney's office or Elisa Baker's attorneys requesting the Medical Examiner's Office to continue holding on to the remains.

Policy at the Medical Examiner's Office is that after a waiting period, if they are not notified, they will release remains to a family member or a person "in standing." 

Officials have said in the past that Adam Baker would be the first person eligible to ask for Zahra's remains.

Boy, that is bittersweet as I still believe he had something to do with her death IMO.

Hey Sister!!

Monkey King, I thought so too.  Maybe transcontinental papers were not filed.  I don't know, but IMO he is so unworthy to have her remains.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2012, 11:40:28 PM »

By Nick Needham - email

Hey Sister!!

Monkey King, I thought so too.  Maybe transcontinental papers were not filed.  I don't know, but IMO he is so unworthy to have her remains.

IIRC, Emily rescinded custody of Zahra to Adam at the time of her birth; that's why he gets to return her remains to Australia.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2012, 11:56:19 PM »

Two words edited by me. 

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2012/01/14/zahra-baker-case-justice-served/

Zahra Baker case: Justice served?
Posted on January 14, 2012 by Valhall

In Zahra’s case, like Caylee’s, we have the right forever to consider the evidence and information that was provided to us and draw our own conclusions about those involved in these heinous crimes that result in the loss of a child’s life.  And we have the right to say that while the judicial process was followed, and decisions made by those in that system apparently are final…

Justice was NOT served.

Rest in Peace, Zahra.

Emily…our thoughts and prayers will remain with you.  We thank you for being a part of our community as you suffered through this tragedy and you will always be dear to us.  May you find some measure of peace that allows you to enjoy the blessings you still have in your life.  God bless.

Adam…I think you were involved in the death of your beautiful daughter.  I believe you should be spending in time in jail for at least negligence.  On the day you fly your sorry sack-of-sh#t ass out of my country I’ll thank God for increasing the average IQ of our nation and correcting the moral deficit you’re causing.  P#ss off.

Valhall.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2012, 11:15:18 AM »

Two words edited by me. 

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2012/01/14/zahra-baker-case-justice-served/

Zahra Baker case: Justice served?
Posted on January 14, 2012 by Valhall

In Zahra’s case, like Caylee’s, we have the right forever to consider the evidence and information that was provided to us and draw our own conclusions about those involved in these heinous crimes that result in the loss of a child’s life.  And we have the right to say that while the judicial process was followed, and decisions made by those in that system apparently are final…

Justice was NOT served.

Rest in Peace, Zahra.

Emily…our thoughts and prayers will remain with you.  We thank you for being a part of our community as you suffered through this tragedy and you will always be dear to us.  May you find some measure of peace that allows you to enjoy the blessings you still have in your life.  God bless.

Adam…I think you were involved in the death of your beautiful daughter.  I believe you should be spending in time in jail for at least negligence.  On the day you fly your sorry sack-of-sh#t ass out of my country I’ll thank God for increasing the average IQ of our nation and correcting the moral deficit you’re causing.  P#ss off.

Valhall.

I so agree -- I hope Adam is not welcomed anywhere he goes!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2012, 12:02:10 PM »

Adam Baker deported with Zahra's remains

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. —
Adam Baker has been deported to Australia and he took his daughter Zahra’s remains with him, Baker’s lawyer said Monday morning.

According to his attorney, Zahra’s remains will be buried in a family plot.

Officials have not said when Baker was deported, but said it was some time last week. Attorneys reportedly did not know Baker had been deported until he was on his way back to Australia.

Misdemeanor charges against Baker are still pending, but his lawyer said Monday he did not believe Baker would be brought back to the U.S. for those hearings.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/adam-baker-deported-zahras-remains/nHKnf/
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2012, 02:53:52 PM »

http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/211749/57/Adam-Baker-Deported-To-Australia-With-Zahras-Remains?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large
Adam Baker Deported To Australia With Zahra's Remains
12:52 PM, Jan 30, 2012 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2012, 02:56:11 PM »

RIP Zahra. We will never forget you!  an angelic monkey

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/01/adam-baker-deported-with-daughter-zahras-remains/

Adam Baker Deported with Daughter Zahra’s Remains
Jan 30, 2012 12:16pm

Adam Baker, the father of slain North Carolina 10-year-old Zahra Baker, has been deported to Australia, and has taken the girl’s remains with him, Baker’s attorneys said today.

Zahra Baker was gruesomely killed in October 2010 by Adam’s wife and the girl’s stepmother, Elisa Baker. Adam Baker, 33, had met the woman online and moved from Australia to be with her, taking Zahra with him. Zahra’s mother, Emily Deitrich, had given Adam custody because of postpartum depression.

Zahra Baker’s short, heartbreaking life was documented in her medical and police reports. She lost a leg and part of her hearing during two bouts with bone cancer. Her life with her stepmother was marked by abuse, frequent bruises, and being locked for hours each day in a room, witnesses told police and ABC News.

When she was killed, her disappearance wasn’t reported for weeks and police eventually determined that she had been murdered and her body dismembered. Police found her prosthetic leg and parts of her body, but her head was never located.

Adam Baker was never arrested or named a person of interest in the murder of his daughter.

According to Adam Baker’s attorneys, Zahra’s remains will be buried in a family plot in Australia, ABC affiliate WSOC reported.

Baker’s attorney, Shell Pearce, told the Charlotte ******* that his client left the country quietly about two weeks ago, after receiving a suspended sentence for misdemeanor crimes in Cawtawba County. Charges against Baker in Caldwell County remain pending, though Pearce said Monday he did not believe Baker would be brought back to the U.S. for those hearings, according to WSOC.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2012, 09:15:07 PM »

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/TopStories/2012/01/31/Zahra_Bakers_dad_deported_to_Aust_713202.html

Zahra Baker's dad deported to Australia

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 » 07:15am

Murdered Australian girl Zahra Baker's dad has been deported to Australia, his US lawyer has confirmed.

Lawyer Shell Pearce says his client, Adam Baker, was deported about two weeks ago by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.

Adam Baker had been facing criminal charges unrelated to Zahra's death, but Pearce says those cases will now likely be closed.

I am at a loss for words .......     

Rest in Peace Zahra    an angelic monkey

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2012, 09:35:01 PM »

http://bigpondnews.com/articles/TopStories/2012/01/31/Zahra_Bakers_dad_deported_to_Aust_713202.html

Zahra Baker's dad deported to Australia

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 » 07:15am

Murdered Australian girl Zahra Baker's dad has been deported to Australia, his US lawyer has confirmed.

Lawyer Shell Pearce says his client, Adam Baker, was deported about two weeks ago by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.

Adam Baker had been facing criminal charges unrelated to Zahra's death, but Pearce says those cases will now likely be closed.

I am at a loss for words .......     

Rest in Peace Zahra    an angelic monkey

So long, dear Zahra.  May God grant you eternal Peace and everlasting Joy.   an angelic monkey

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2012, 09:51:10 PM »

If you would like to light a candle for Zahra.  an angelic monkey

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Zahra
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2012, 12:37:05 AM »

If you would like to light a candle for Zahra.  an angelic monkey

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Zahra

an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.