March 28, 2024, 02:48:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #11 9/17/11 -  (Read 135861 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: May 14, 2013, 09:15:55 AM »

Elisa Baker is evil.  JMHO 

I agree Muffy.  But I am still not convinced Adam Baker is so innocent.  JMO

I don't think Adam Baker is so innocent either.      I was just commenting on Elisa Baker being evil. (Saying the obvious, I guess) I think she was very manipulative too.  I think Adam Baker got off very lightly on charges that had to do with using a false ID to turn utilities on and bad checks.   I at first figured LE picked him up and held him on that stuff so they could continue to investigate his role in Zahra's demise.  Adam Baker got slapped on the wrist and then he high tailed out of our country, IMO.  What happened with the investigation?  He knew what was going on imo. Why was he allowed to leave the country? Adam Baker has a lot to answer to imo.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #241 on: May 14, 2013, 09:56:03 AM »

Hi Monkey's,

I hope, I am not out of line:

I think, the step-mom, is an insane fruitcake and should be kept away, from mankind, animals and plant life, this is only my opinion.

Why wasn't the step-mom, declared insane?  Who does stuff to anyone?  I guess, there was not enough proof, that she masterminded this insanity, and she just accepted a plea?

Grrr...

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2013, 12:14:00 AM »

Shameful.   

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/items-stolen-zahra-baker-memorial/nYP3m/

Posted: 5:08 p.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Sheriff: Items stolen from Zahra Baker memorial

CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. —

Sheriff Deputies in Caldwell County are stepping up patrols on Wednesday night after thieves stole items from Zahra Baker Memorial near Hudson.

The community came together after the 10-year-old was murdered in 2010 to build the memorial near where police found some of her remains.

Her stepmother, Elisa Baker, is serving a lengthy prison sentence after pleading guilty to second-degree murder in the case.

The property owner says someone took several solar lights and other items from the memorial during the last week.

"It is a shame. It is pitiful. It is a crying shame. I can't believe people got no heart," said property owner Jake Icenhour.

Icenhour has replaced some of the solar lights.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2013, 08:24:20 AM »

Shameful indeed!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2013, 03:41:39 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: June 25, 2013, 02:22:28 PM »

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2013, 11:20:52 PM »

http://www.wbtv.com/story/23420448/zahra-baker-foundation-threatened-with-legal-action

Zahra Baker Foundation threatened with legal action
Posted: Sep 12, 2013 8:42 PM CDT

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -
There are new legal threats for a man running a charity in the name of Zahra Baker. The little girl's step-mother killed her in 2010, and the story captured headlines around the world.

Jim Julian told WBTV he created the Zahra Clare Baker foundation in 2011 to raise money for children with challenges.

People who donated accused Julian of being dishonest about what he did with the money. A state investigation showed he hasn't broken the law, but he did fail to file the proper paperwork.

WBTV was the first to report last October when North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper's office became concerned. Julian has always said that his foundation is a legitimate one.

"(It's) to help get kids to their cancer treatments. We have purchased wheelchairs and had a laptop computer refurbished and sent to a little girl with Asperger Syndrome in the mountains," he said.

Even though Julian was adamant his foundation put money it raised to good use, Cooper's office continued to investigate, sending him multiple letters. The most recent letter was sent September 12, 2013.

Creecy Johnson, an assistant attorney general with the Consumer Protection Division told Julian he needed written consent to raise money in Zahra's name.

Johnson wrote "Despite my request, you have failed to provide me with a copy of such written consent."

Julian told WBTV by phone he's not worried about the letter.

"There ain't nothing to it Dave. They just sent me this thing saying we gotta fill out this paperwork and that's what we're doing," he said.

Investigators also wrote that Julian's exemption from state charitable solicitation requirements has expired, telling him he is currently soliciting donations in violation of state statutes and threatening legal action.

Julian told me he's still learning how to run a charity, and says he's made honest mistakes, but they are not intentional.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: October 14, 2013, 01:48:35 PM »

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/1838401/elisa-claims-adam-dismembered-zahra-baker/?cs=332

Elisa claims Adam dismembered Zahra Baker
Oct. 14, 2013, 7 a.m.

CONVICTED murderer Elisa Baker made shocking claims, including her husband dismembered the body of his disabled daughter, while facing tough questions on the Nine Network’s 60 Minutes last night.

Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, Ms Baker – who is currently serving a second-degree murder sentence in a North Carolina women’s prison – said Adam Baker dismembered the body of his daughter Zahra, 10, before disposing of it in nearby bushland.

“It was he who dismembered Zahra,” Ms Baker told veteran 60 Minutes reporter, Liz Hayes, following up with “he was my husband,” in response to a question about why she would have been complicit if such an act occurred.

A dishevelled-looking Ms Baker – who had a history of verbal, physical and psychological abuse towards her stepdaughter, Zahra – thought she was a “good person,” who would give anyone, “the shirt off her back.”

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: October 14, 2013, 02:00:41 PM »

In my opinion, it is cruel to put Emily through this constant attention given to Elisa for her evil deed.  Emily should respectfully be given time to grieve and heal and for dear Zahra to rest in peace.  jmho

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/1838396/zahra-bakers-mum-hits-out/?cs=332

Zahra Baker’s mum hits out
Oct. 14, 2013, 7 a.m

ZAHRA Baker’s birth mother broke down in tears before the screening of last night’s controversial 60 Minutes interview with the woman convicted of the brutal murder of her 10-year-old daughter.

Emily Dietrich was approached by the Advertiser at her Glenfield home but said she was too upset to comment on the case, which has made headlines in the US, Australia and the UK.

However, earlier in the week she posted an emotional plea to Facebook, decrying the interview, and making a reference to her daughter’s murderer and stepmother Elisa Baker being a “putrid monster”.

“Just let the putrid monster rot in her cell instead of giving her attention for her actions, and just let my daughter’s name rest,” Ms Dietrich posted.

“Zahra is not a ratings raiser, she was a beautiful girl and now a glowing, winged angel.”

Furthermore, saying she had “cried herself to sleep out of shock, disgust and bad memories,” in the Facebook post.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #249 on: October 23, 2013, 12:07:26 PM »

In my opinion, it is cruel to put Emily through this constant attention given to Elisa for her evil deed.  Emily should respectfully be given time to grieve and heal and for dear Zahra to rest in peace.  jmho

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/1838396/zahra-bakers-mum-hits-out/?cs=332

Zahra Baker’s mum hits out
Oct. 14, 2013, 7 a.m

ZAHRA Baker’s birth mother broke down in tears before the screening of last night’s controversial 60 Minutes interview with the woman convicted of the brutal murder of her 10-year-old daughter.

Emily Dietrich was approached by the Advertiser at her Glenfield home but said she was too upset to comment on the case, which has made headlines in the US, Australia and the UK.

However, earlier in the week she posted an emotional plea to Facebook, decrying the interview, and making a reference to her daughter’s murderer and stepmother Elisa Baker being a “putrid monster”.

“Just let the putrid monster rot in her cell instead of giving her attention for her actions, and just let my daughter’s name rest,” Ms Dietrich posted.

“Zahra is not a ratings raiser, she was a beautiful girl and now a glowing, winged angel.”

Furthermore, saying she had “cried herself to sleep out of shock, disgust and bad memories,” in the Facebook post.

I so agree grace-land.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: November 23, 2013, 09:03:31 PM »

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/11/23/4491992/booming-nc-home-schools-face-little.html
Booming NC home schools face little scrutiny
November 23, 2013

Home schooling is booming in North Carolina. The number of registered home schools has doubled in the past decade to 53,347. Mecklenburg County alone has more than 4,000 registered schools serving an estimated 6,573 children.

In North Carolina, like most states, those children can disappear from outside scrutiny. Home schools are never inspected; federal courts have ruled that sending government workers into homes violates the Fourth Amendment protection against unreasonable search and seizure.

Keeping records of attendance, immunization and testing is required by N.C. law but voluntary in practice. Once a year, home educators are invited to a meeting in their region where they can show those records to state officials, who make no copies. About three-quarters of the parents, including Larson, choose not to participate, state officials say.

“Most children who are home-schooled are safe, with very good parents,” says Dr. Preeti Matkins, a pediatrician with Levine Children’s Hospital and Charlotte’s Teen Health Connection. She’s a member of the N.C. Pediatric Society’s Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect, which has delved into concerns about home schooling.

The Charlotte area alone has at least a dozen home-school groups, where parents meet to support each other and provide proms, sports, field trips and community service projects for their children.

The fear is focused on the people who use the cloak of privacy afforded by home schooling to hide mistreatment. In a recent report, the Pediatric Society dubbed the victims “invisible children.”

Robert McCarter, managing attorney for the Council for Children’s Rights in Charlotte, says there’s no reason to think that home schooling encourages abuse, but notes that abusers can use it as a cover: “The people who are going to be abusive to children don’t want to do it in public. If they are sending a child out to school every day, and he has a black eye or a chain mark on his wrist, people are going to notice.”

When 10-year-old Zahra Baker’s parents reported her missing from their Hickory home in 2010, they told investigators they’d been home schooling her for fifth grade. The state has no record that they ever registered a home school, and Zahra’s remains were later found scattered around Caldwell County. Her stepmother eventually pleaded guilty to her killing, but authorities still don’t know when and how she died.
More...

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #251 on: December 04, 2013, 06:59:14 AM »

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/11/23/4491992/booming-nc-home-schools-face-little.html
November 23, 2013

Home schooling is booming in North Carolina. The number of registered home schools has doubled in the past decade to 53,347. Mecklenburg County alone has more than 4,000 registered schools serving an estimated 6,573 children.

In North Carolina, like most states, those children can disappear from outside scrutiny. Home schools are never inspected; federal courts have ruled that sending government workers into homes violates the Fourth Amendment protection against unreasonable search and seizure.

Keeping records of attendance, immunization and testing is required by N.C. law but voluntary in practice. Once a year, home educators are invited to a meeting in their region where they can show those records to state officials, who make no copies. About three-quarters of the parents, including Larson, choose not to participate, state officials say.

Most children who are home-schooled are safe, with very good parents,” says Dr. Preeti Matkins, a pediatrician with Levine Children’s Hospital and Charlotte’s Teen Health Connection. She’s a member of the N.C. Pediatric Society’s Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect, which has delved into concerns about home schooling.

The Charlotte area alone has at least a dozen home-school groups, where parents meet to support each other and provide proms, sports, field trips and community service projects for their children.

The fear is focused on the people who use the cloak of privacy afforded by home schooling to hide mistreatment. In a recent report, the Pediatric Society dubbed the victims “invisible children.”

Robert McCarter, managing attorney for the Council for Children’s Rights in Charlotte, says there’s no reason to think that home schooling encourages abuse, but notes that abusers can use it as a cover: “The people who are going to be abusive to children don’t want to do it in public. If they are sending a child out to school every day, and he has a black eye or a chain mark on his wrist, people are going to notice.”

When 10-year-old Zahra Baker’s parents reported her missing from their Hickory home in 2010, they told investigators they’d been home schooling her for fifth grade. The state has no record that they ever registered a home school, and Zahra’s remains were later found scattered around Caldwell County. Her stepmother eventually pleaded guilty to her killing, but authorities still don’t know when and how she died.
More...

Most is such a stupid word here -- what the he$$ does that mean?

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: December 25, 2013, 11:48:01 PM »

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/zahra-memorial-decorated-raise-awareness-about-chi/ncHhc/

Posted: 10:23 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013
Zahra memorial decorated to raise awareness about child abuse

HUDSON, N.C. —
A memorial built to remember Zahra Baker has been decorated for the holidays in hopes of raising awareness about child abuse.

The 10-year-old's murder gained nationwide attention after her remains were found scattered in several locations in Caldwell County in 2010.   

Jake Icenhour has put up a Christmas tree and other decorations at the memorial the community built near Hudson where police found some of Zahra’s remains. 

Special Section: Zahra Baker

He hopes the Christmas decorations will encourage people to report any sign of child abuse. 

"It’s not all about Zahra anymore.  It's about all these little kids that are in the same boat that little girl was in.  Let people know we don't want this to be forgotten.  If this will help one kid it will all be worth it,” Icenhour said.

http://www.wsoctv.com/gallery/news/local/images-zahra-baker-memorial-decorated-holidays/gCGWF/#4223317

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #253 on: December 26, 2013, 09:49:01 AM »

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/zahra-memorial-decorated-raise-awareness-about-chi/ncHhc/

Posted: 10:23 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013
Zahra memorial decorated to raise awareness about child abuse

HUDSON, N.C. —
A memorial built to remember Zahra Baker has been decorated for the holidays in hopes of raising awareness about child abuse.

The 10-year-old's murder gained nationwide attention after her remains were found scattered in several locations in Caldwell County in 2010.   

Jake Icenhour has put up a Christmas tree and other decorations at the memorial the community built near Hudson where police found some of Zahra’s remains. 

Special Section: Zahra Baker

He hopes the Christmas decorations will encourage people to report any sign of child abuse. 

"It’s not all about Zahra anymore.  It's about all these little kids that are in the same boat that little girl was in.  Let people know we don't want this to be forgotten.  If this will help one kid it will all be worth it,” Icenhour said.

http://www.wsoctv.com/gallery/news/local/images-zahra-baker-memorial-decorated-holidays/gCGWF/#4223317

Thanks grace-land.  Hope you had a Merry Christmas!  Prayers for her Mom, Emily Dietrich.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: December 26, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »

You're welcome, Sister!

I enjoyed my Christmas with family!  Hope yours was enjoyable, too!

Adding my prayers to yours for Emily; hopefully, she is healing and beginning to find peace.  an angelic monkey

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: December 27, 2013, 10:16:44 AM »

November 23, 2013

Most children who are home-schooled are safe, with very good parents,” says Dr. Preeti Matkins, a pediatrician with Levine Children’s Hospital and Charlotte’s Teen Health Connection. She’s a member of the N.C. Pediatric Society’s Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect, which has delved into concerns about home schooling.

More...

Most is such a stupid word here -- what the he$$ does that mean?

Most means anything above 50% including 50.000000000000000001%.  Scary when you think about it.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #256 on: December 27, 2013, 10:44:36 AM »

Indeed it is Bearly!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2014, 10:33:51 PM »

I would think that if any evidence is found the police should be notified immediately.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/02/25/4723849/da-opponent-mishandled-evidence.html#.Uw1fqbCYbIV

DA: Opponent ‘mishandled’ evidence in Zahra Baker case
Posted: Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2014

The prosecutor who handled one of North Carolina’s most notorious crimes Tuesday made new allegations against the defense attorney in the case – a man now challenging him for public office.

District Attorney Jay Gaither alleged that attorney Scott Reilly hurt the prosecution’s case by “mishandling” evidence in the killing and dismemberment of 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

Reilly, who filed for district attorney Tuesday, denied the charge. He acknowledged finding a hacksaw in a Caldwell County storm drain but said he had tried unsuccessfully to contact Gaither immediately.

Evidence ‘mishandled’

Gaither, of Hickory, said efforts of prosecutors and law enforcement “were hampered by Scott Reilly’s mishandling of evidence.”

“He removed evidence from the ground, and he visited Zahra Baker’s remains prior to Elisa Baker leading law enforcement to her,” Gaither said.

Asked if that impacted the case against Elisa Baker, Gaither said it did. He declined to elaborate.

Reilly called the suggestion “ludicrous.”

“It’s a desperate attempt to try to smear me,” he said.

Reilly acknowledged finding the hacksaw.

“We were trying to corroborate our client’s story,” he said, “and in doing so I did discover some evidence … The evidence was in danger of being destroyed if we didn’t collect it immediately.”

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: February 26, 2014, 09:17:02 AM »

Why did Scott Reilly wait two days to turn over possible evidence to law enforcement?  Why did he and the PI collect it?  Why weren't law enforcement notified immediately?  I'm surprised they weren't disciplined. JMHO

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: February 28, 2014, 10:41:19 PM »

Why did Scott Reilly wait two days to turn over possible evidence to law enforcement?  Why did he and the PI collect it?  Why weren't law enforcement notified immediately?  I'm surprised they weren't disciplined. JMHO

MuffyBee   

SR gave explanations for all of your questions in the article below.  It also includes information about the Rules of Professional Conduct and an opinion of the State Bar Ethics Committee.  It might be all politics because of the upcoming election; however, it is disheartening to learn about the defense strategy--

Gaither said Reilly used the saw and knowledge of the location of Zahra’s remains as a bargaining chip in Elisa Baker’s defense. If the DA’s office moved forward with a charge of first-degree murder against Elisa Baker, Gaither said Reilly would not have handed over the evidence

“The fact that Scott Reilly visited the sites of Zahra Baker’s remains at Elisa Baker’s direction raises an inference that this deception was collusive,” Gaither said. “While we supposed at the time that Scott Reilly was not being honest with law enforcement and the prosecutor’s office, we did not at that time have enough evidence to proceed with an investigation”

Gaither said his emphasis at that time was on finding and bringing Zahra’s killer to justice. “Given the limited evidence that we possessed and the fact that we did not and still do not know the cause of Zahra Baker’s death, law enforcement and prosecutors did the best that we could with the evidence that we had,” he said.

http://www.morganton.com/news/article_2c0d811a-9f5b-11e3-9af3-0017a43b2370.html
DA Jay Gaither claims candidate Scott Reilly hampered Zahra Baker death investigation
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:59 pm |  Updated: 10:40 pm, Wed Feb 26, 2014.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.