April 19, 2024, 07:24:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My nephew needs your prayers!!!!  (Read 10998 times)
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 05, 2011, 04:50:48 PM »

Most of you know that my nephew had a heart transplant at 23 years of age. He just celebrated his 3 year "birthday" with his new heart in December. I received a call this afternoon that Jake had suffered an apparent heart attack and was being heliported from the hospital in Champaign Illinois to the hospital in Indianapolis Indiana. He is 26 years old and has his whole life ahead of him. Please pray for him and his family.
I am very scared for him....

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 08:34:52 PM »

prayers coming your way !

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 09:04:31 PM »

I will hold him in my heart and my prayers as well as all his loved ones. an angelic monkey

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 09:12:52 PM »

Prayers for your nephew...he is in the hands of the great physician JESUS CHRIST. an angelic monkey

slowsouthernrain
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 11:11:03 PM »

cubbeegirl I am so sad to hear this news for your nephew.  I will surely remember him in my prayers.  There is POWER in prayer.

Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 11:43:33 PM »

Praying, Cubbee.
Tol
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 07:17:17 AM »

Prayers for him and the doctors that God will guide their hands and minds.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 05:37:42 PM »

Update on Jake....it was a soft clot that caused a massive heart attack. Much damage done to his heart. He is on a pump doing the work for his heart right now. Most probably need another heart transplant.....
I believe in the power of prayer and beg you all to keep praying!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 05:45:28 PM »

Update on Jake....it was a soft clot that caused a massive heart attack. Much damage done to his heart. He is on a pump doing the work for his heart right now. Most probably need another heart transplant.....

Continued Prayers an angelic monkey

Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 05:46:14 PM »

Continued Prayers an angelic monkey
Prayers being lifted for your nephew, Cubbee.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 10:09:17 PM »

Eternal God, though you are not such as we can see with our eyes nor touch with our  hands, yet we are assured of your presence and your power.  We, as pilgrims, stand before you with arms outstretched for our brother in Christ, Jake.  We give you thanks we can stand here, in this gap, for him.  We are beseeching you to use your balm to help him, we are beseeching you to guide his doctors to help him, we are beseeching you to comfort his family to help him . . . we are simply asking for you to help Jake.  Your master plan is beyond our comprehension and still we faithfully trust in you.  Make us brave to face all things with the grace of our Savior, in whose name we pray.  Amen and Amen.

Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 11:53:15 PM »

I went to mass tonight, and light a candle for him, and sent up some prayers that the Lord's will be done.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 08:29:27 AM »

an angelic monkey Many prayers for your nephew Cubbee

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 10:03:39 AM »

Please know you, your nephew and family are in my thoughts and prayers, Cubbee.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 12:49:13 AM »

There is a scripture about the fervent prayers of a righteous man (or woman) that I cannot think where...many fervent prayers going up and storming the gates of heaven for your nephew. Prayers for peace and comfort for all of you. This monkey loves you.   

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 01:11:32 AM »

Cubbee - I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew, he is in my prayers.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 05:08:52 AM »

There is a scripture about the fervent prayers of a righteous man (or woman) that I cannot think where...many fervent prayers going up and storming the gates of heaven for your nephew. Prayers for peace and comfort for all of you. This monkey loves you.   

James 5:16:
American Standard Version: Confess therefore your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The supplication of a righteous man availeth much in its working.
 King James Version: Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Cubbee......... my prayers continue for your nephew's total restoration, and comfort for all who love him!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 05:13:32 AM »

James 5:16:
American Standard Version: Confess therefore your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The supplication of a righteous man availeth much in its working.
 King James Version: Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Cubbee......... my prayers continue for your nephew's total restoration, and comfort for all who love him!

Amen and Amen.

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 12:04:19 AM »

Thanks for all your prayers. They are much needed and appreciated. Jake will go into surgery tomorrow to remove him from the pump that is bypassing his heart at the moment. If his heart miraculously is strong enough to allow him to be totally taken off he will be in surgery approximately 4 hours if all goes well. If the damage to the heart is severe enough that it cannot do the work on its own a pump will be inserted into his chest to do the work for his heart and he will be in surgery for approx 10 to 12 hours. He will be able to come home with this pump , but cannot drive, run , exercise or do anything strenuous. He is obviously very upset that he is going in to surgery not knowing how he will wake up. The pump is a bridge to another heart transplant. The wait for a new heart will be longer this time if he is able to be sustained on the pump.Also, they are now thinking that rejection could be an issue with this whole episode, as his numbers indicate that. It is also a possibility that he can come out of surgery with no pump and have to go back in a week or so for a pump.....
Please pray for him and please pray that a miracle happens and that the heart has not been damaged enough to have to insert a pump and that he can go on living the life he has left ahead of him to live and his rejection issues can be resolved with medications.
Thank you all......

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 12:39:46 AM »

Thanks for all your prayers. They are much needed and appreciated. Jake will go into surgery tomorrow to remove him from the pump that is bypassing his heart at the moment. If his heart miraculously is strong enough to allow him to be totally taken off he will be in surgery approximately 4 hours if all goes well. If the damage to the heart is severe enough that it cannot do the work on its own a pump will be inserted into his chest to do the work for his heart and he will be in surgery for approx 10 to 12 hours. He will be able to come home with this pump , but cannot drive, run , exercise or do anything strenuous. He is obviously very upset that he is going in to surgery not knowing how he will wake up. The pump is a bridge to another heart transplant. The wait for a new heart will be longer this time if he is able to be sustained on the pump.Also, they are now thinking that rejection could be an issue with this whole episode, as his numbers indicate that. It is also a possibility that he can come out of surgery with no pump and have to go back in a week or so for a pump.....
Please pray for him and please pray that a miracle happens and that the heart has not been damaged enough to have to insert a pump and that he can go on living the life he has left ahead of him to live and his rejection issues can be resolved with medications.
Thank you all......

Hoping for the best outcome for Jake.

I'll be thinking of him tomorrow.

an angelic monkey

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.