April 19, 2024, 09:07:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My nephew needs your prayers!!!!  (Read 11003 times)
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 02:42:15 AM »

Thanks for all your prayers. They are much needed and appreciated. Jake will go into surgery tomorrow to remove him from the pump that is bypassing his heart at the moment. If his heart miraculously is strong enough to allow him to be totally taken off he will be in surgery approximately 4 hours if all goes well. If the damage to the heart is severe enough that it cannot do the work on its own a pump will be inserted into his chest to do the work for his heart and he will be in surgery for approx 10 to 12 hours. He will be able to come home with this pump , but cannot drive, run , exercise or do anything strenuous. He is obviously very upset that he is going in to surgery not knowing how he will wake up. The pump is a bridge to another heart transplant. The wait for a new heart will be longer this time if he is able to be sustained on the pump.Also, they are now thinking that rejection could be an issue with this whole episode, as his numbers indicate that. It is also a possibility that he can come out of surgery with no pump and have to go back in a week or so for a pump.....
Please pray for him and please pray that a miracle happens and that the heart has not been damaged enough to have to insert a pump and that he can go on living the life he has left ahead of him to live and his rejection issues can be resolved with medications.
Thank you all......

Praying for complete restoration of his heart.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 06:02:26 AM »

There is a scripture about the fervent prayers of a righteous man (or woman) that I cannot think where...many fervent prayers going up and storming the gates of heaven for your nephew. Prayers for peace and comfort for all of you. This monkey loves you.   

James 5:16:
American Standard Version: Confess therefore your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The supplication of a righteous man availeth much in its working.
 King James Version: Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Cubbee......... my prayers continue for your nephew's total restoration, and comfort for all who love him!

Thank you CBB, I think I left my Bible in the truck and need it! I also forget I can google.
Cubbee, surrounding your nephew with prayer today...God Bless

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 07:02:29 PM »

Update...Jake is in ICU in stable condition. His heart did not respond and the pump had to be inserted to sustain him until another suitable donor can be found for another heart transplant.He had to be put on blood thinners for the pump and there is alot of bleeding which they say is normal. They will not close him up until tomorrow at 11:30 , they are trying to staunch the blood flow with sponges , this is normal as well. He will be kept in ICU and not brought around until after the procedure to close his chest back up.

So, it looks as if he is headed down another looooong road . I am having some trouble dealing with this, he is such a young man and has so much going for him. I just have to give it up to God and pray that all goes well and that my nephew keeps on fighting the good fight.

Thank you all for all your prayers and please keep them coming.

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 07:14:13 PM »

I'm continuing to pray for Jake, Cubbee.   an angelic monkey  I'm really sorry he's going through all of this, and I pray for the best possible outcome, that he will be healed.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 07:18:03 PM »

Cubbee..continued thoughts and prayers for your nephew and your family...

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 08:05:40 AM »

Prayers for your dear nephew Jake and all who love him.   an angelic monkey 
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 01:51:01 PM »

Prayers continue, Cubbee.  For all of you.
Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 05:21:22 PM »

Prayers for you and your nephew , for peace , healing, and the strength to leave it n God's hands and rest in his comfort.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 05:44:46 PM »

Praying for Jake and all of his family, Cubbee.    an angelic monkey

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 10:26:14 PM »

Just got off the phone with Jakes mom. He is starting to come around a bit and is still a bit confused. They found a blood clot in his leg and are treating it with heparin. His parents spent the day being interviewed by the transplant team and Monday Jake will go on the transplant list.He will be listed as an A-1. They dont want to leave him on the pump for too long and would like to be able to do the next surgery before he heals and forms more scar tissue. His parents are being given classes on how to care for him and the pump. He has a very long road to travel and is very much in need of prayers.
Thanks to everyone for their prayers and support.

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2011, 10:36:54 PM »

Stopping by to check on Jake's progress.  I'll continue to keep Jake and family in my prayers, Cubbee. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2011, 06:11:55 PM »

Thank you for the update, Cubbee.  I will continue to keep Jake in my thoughts and prayers.  Hoping a donor heart becomes available soon.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2011, 07:49:13 PM »

I am still praying, Cubbee, I have not forgotten.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »

Prayers continuing for Jake and his family. an angelic monkey

Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2011, 10:52:38 PM »

Still storming those Pearly Gates with prayer!

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2011, 07:07:48 PM »

Urgent prayer needed ...Jake is being prepped for surgery to get a new heart tonight....Please keep him in your prayers !

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2011, 07:20:27 PM »

Urgent prayer needed ...Jake is being prepped for surgery to get a new heart tonight....Please keep him in your prayers !

Prayers for Jake that the surgeons hands are held by the lord during his surgery. Prayers that all goes well and Jake has a speedy recovery.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2011, 07:23:15 PM »

Blessed are those whose strength is in you, O God of hosts, in whose hearts are highways to your eternal dominion.  And it is specifically Jake's new heart we are talking about O Lord.  How grateful we feel for the generosity of one family to help another family. . . that takes a bigger heart than the one being placed in Jake's body.  We thank you for the company of angels that surround the operating table and guide the hands of all who care for Jake.  We thank you for the presence of your Spirit which rests upon these families.  May the prayers of many sustain those who find their own words wanting . . . and may the prayer warriors be an abiding example of your mercy and grace.  All honor and glory is given to you.  Amen and Amen.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2011, 10:03:27 PM »

Prayers are continuing for Jake and his family. an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2011, 10:27:16 PM »

I'm offering prayers for Jake's surgery to go well. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.