April 26, 2024, 09:26:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Man accused of beating to death his 92 yo grandmother  (Read 3305 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 10, 2011, 09:17:55 AM »

http://www.ajc.com/news/report-man-accused-of-799907.html?cxntlid=cmg_cntnt_rss
Report: Man accused of beating grandmother to death
January 9, 2011

An Augusta-area man has been accused of beating his 92-year-old grandmother to death with a glass tabletop and microwave.
Theodore "Ted" Cornell Lockett, 21, allegedly went to his grandmother's home around 10 p.m. Saturday, The Augusta Chronicle reported. Once there, he broke a window at the home and knocked down 92-year-old Dorothy Lockwood.

Lockett struck the woman repeatedly with a glass tabletop, Richmond County police told the newspaper. He then allegedly struck the woman with a microwave oven.

Lockett was taken into custody around 2:15 a.m. Sunday, police said. Lockwood died from her injuries around 5 a.m.

Lockett, who previously lived with his grandmother, has been charged with murder.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 10:06:41 AM »

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 10:24:02 AM »

I need to DITTO that 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 11:35:23 PM »

http://www.wrdw.com/crimeteam12/headlines/Man_arrested_in_deadly_beating_of_92-year-old_grandmother_113161009.html
video
January 10, 2011
ONLY ON 12: Mother in disbelief after son murders her mother in overnight assault
A 21-year-old man is in jail accused of beating his 92-year-old grandmother with a glass table and microwave oven Saturday night. Dorothy Lockwood died later at the hospital
News 12 at 6 O'Clock / Sunday, January 9, 2011
January 9, 2011
HEPHZIBAH, Ga. -- A 92-year-old grandmother is dead tonight after being beaten to death in her home, allegedly murdered by her own grandson.

Deputies were called to the 1300 block of Apache Trail just before 11 O'Clock p.m. They say Theodore Lockett had broken the front window at the home of his grandmother, Dorothy Lockwood. Lockett came inside and knocked Lockwood to the ground in her living room, then struck her head several times with a glass table, Sgt. Dan Carrier with the Richmond County Sheriff's Office said in an e-mail.

Lockett then used the phone to call his mother. She says Theodore told her he'd killed his grandmother and was coming to kill her, too. Lockett then allegedly went back inside the house and struck Lockwood several more times using a microwave oven.

She was rushed to MCG but later died.

Lockett was arrested at the scene and is in the county jail on charges of Murder, Burglary and Terroristic Threats and Acts, Carrier said.

News 12 spoke exclusively with Sondra Lockett, Theodore's mother. She spent Sunday morning sweeping her mother's living room, attempting to clean up the shattered pieces that now reflect her shattered family. She says memories of her mother, 92-year-old Dorothy Lockwood, are overwhelming. "She was in perfect health. For this to happen- it just doesn't make sense. And I just don't understand it."

She says her mother's murder is hard enough to grasp, but she still can't believe her own son, Theodore Lockett, is the person in jail for the crime. "My son called me and told me he had killed my mother. And I thought that he was just upset! I really didn't know what to think."

She says Theodore called her and confessed to the crime. "I told him to sit down, calm down, tell me what's going on. And he said 'She's dead. I killed her,' and I said 'You're crazy!' He said 'I'm gonna come over there and do that to you.'" Sondra says she called 9-1-1 immediately.

Sondra shakes her head in disbelief, "To look at her face and see the damage that he did. I just couldn't believe that was my mother." She says she's still in shock but does have a message for her son. "I still love you. I'm gonna keep you in prayer. And Teddy, if you can tell me why you did this... I would really, really like to know why."

"[Theodore] had been on drugs in the past, and I don't know whether he had a relapse. He was on medication for borderline schizophrenia, and he wasn't taking the medicine. And the last couple of weeks he's just been really agitated," Sondra adds.

Sondra also says deputies were called out to the home earlier in the evening when Lockett first started arguing with his grandmother. Sondra says by the time officers arrived, her son had calmed down and refused to go to the hospital. "Mom said he wasn't a threat to her. They couldn't have known."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 11:39:46 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-atlanta/man-charged-with-beating-grandmother-to-death-threatenig-to-kill-his-mother
Man charged with beating grandmother to death, threatening to kill his mother
January 10, 2011

A Hepzibah man is charged with beating his 92-year-old grandmother to death with a glass tabletop and threatening to kill his mother.

Mr. Theodore Lockett, 21, was upset that his grandmother was throwing him out of her home at 1311 Apache Trail, Richmond County Sheriff’s Lt. Calvin Chew said.

Later, he told police, “he just lost it.”

It’s unclear how long Mr. Lockett had been living with his grandmother, Ms. Dorothy Lockwood, when she told him to leave her home in the Augusta area, about 135 miles outside of Atlanta.

Mr. Lockett left, then returned about 11 p.m. Saturday, Lt. Chew said.

“He threw a chair through a front window, and the grandmother came in to see what was going on,” Lt. Chew said. “He started hitting her with a glass table, all in the head.”

It’s unclear how many times the 92-year-old woman’s attacker hit her before he took a break.

“He got on the phone, called his mother and told her he just killed his grandmother,” Lt. Chew said. “He threatened her, saying he was going to kill her too.

“He then went to the kitchen, got a microwave and continued to beat his grandmother.”

Another elderly woman, believed to be Ms. Lockwood’s sister, was also inside the home at the time of the attack, Lt. Chew said. But the woman has Alzheimer’s and slept through the assault.

It was the mother who called police, and they took Mr. Lockett into custody about 2:15 a.m. Sunday.

They charged him with murder, burglary and terroristic threats and acts, Lt. Chew said. The lieutenant said drugs or alcohol was not a factor in the case.

“We have no idea why he did it, other than being upset about being kicked out of the house. He just lost it; at least that’s what he indicated when he was arrested.”

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.