March 28, 2024, 07:17:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madison Dodson 15 mo on feeding tube, starved to death  (Read 4887 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 10, 2011, 09:22:53 AM »

http://www.wpxi.com/news/26391195/detail.html?cxntlid=cmg_cntnt_rss
video
Police: Mom Smoked Crack Before Tot Died In Home
January 7, 2011

POINT MARION, Pa. -- A Point Marion mother and father were charged with homicide in the death of their 15-month-old girl who used a feeding tube and was found starved to death in a home filled with animal and human feces, police said.

Robert David Dodson, 55, and Tammy Jo Bohon, 35, were charged Thursday after the body of Madison Violet Dodson was found in their Fayette County home. The couple's other seven children who lived in the trash-strewn home, where one room was filled with dirty clothes and toys, were placed in protective custody.

Madison had a medical condition that required her to use a gastric feeding tube, though authorities didn't provide details of her illness.

An autopsy determined the girl died of starvation and dehydration.

"This is a tragic situation as well as a tragic death of a 15-month-old," District Attorney Jack R. Heneks Jr. said.

Dodson called police to the family's home early Thursday morning and told a 911 dispatcher that Madison wasn't breathing. She was pronounced dead at the home.

Authorities who arrived at the home to investigate found the house strewn with cigarette butts, dirty clothes and piles of full trash bags. Several cats lived in the house, and the family appeared to sleep on bare mattresses on the floor, investigators said.

Investigators said the child's mother knew she needed to go to the hospital, but instead went to do drugs.

According to the criminal complaint, "Dodson related that Bohon told him that Madison's feeding tube had come out and she could not get it back in. Dodson explained that he tried to fix the feeding tube but he could not."

The complaint also said, "when the baby was unresponsive, the mother allegedly told police she would take Madison to the hospital later but she ended up smoking crack with a friend and then fell asleep."

Neighbors said they called social services many times in hopes that they would intervene.

"I have called child welfare on them several times," said Anna Jaggie. "The kids were out in the middle of the road all the time riding their bikes and almost got hit by cars."

"CYS has been out several times. Obviously I don't think CYS was doing their job," said George Rome.

Dodson and Bohon are being held at the Fayette County Prison on charges of criminal homicide and endangering the welfare of a child.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 09:33:53 AM »

Dear God...

friends of ours want a baby so badly..trying everything to be able to have a baby...and then you have people like this who are blessed with 8 children and don't take care of them..where is the justice in this world? Thank God these other 7 children will possibly have a life now in foster care..how sad for all of these children..

amaranthblossom
Scared Monkey

EX-TER-MI-NAAATTTEEEE

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 04:07:53 PM »

I am disgusted.
I can understand if they couldn't put the feeding tube back in and they took her to a hospital to get it fixed and it was too late, but these people sound like the scum of the earth. I already hate them.
I say make them starve to death >:U

Do art, not murder.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 09:30:11 AM »

I am disgusted.
I can understand if they couldn't put the feeding tube back in and they took her to a hospital to get it fixed and it was too late, but these people sound like the scum of the earth. I already hate them.
I say make them starve to death >:U
That is the eye for an eye I wish for these people.  However their children died at their hands is how they should die as well.  Plain and simple.  But, of course, that is way too much to ask.
Welcome to SM!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.