April 27, 2024, 04:01:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #2 1/12/11 - 1/17/11  (Read 170799 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2011, 10:21:45 AM »

Breakdown of Adkins Inconsistencies Told To Investigators (with video)

ABILENE, Texas -- Information in affidavits about where Billie Dunn's boyfriend Shawn Adkins was on Dec. 27 has everyone trying to fit the pieces of the puzzle together.

On the 15th day after Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn went missing, shocking new information surfaced in the investigation, which was first reported Tuesday by KTXS.

Law enforcement officials pieced together a time-line of who was where on Dec. 27, but for Shawn Adkins, things didn't add up.

The affidavit says Adkins told authorities numerous inconsistencies. For example, the affidavit states Adkins told investigators he was fired from his job in Snyder the morning Hailey went missing. His employer says that was untrue and Adkins left his job at 6:10 a.m. without saying a word. The employer said Adkins was a good employee and that he hadn't been fired.

Adkins also said when he left work he headed to Big Spring, 50 miles southwest of Snyder, but phone records show he wasn't in the Big Spring area until 9:30 a.m. that morning, which leaves a nearly three hour gap in his whereabouts.

So where was Adkins during this time?

Following the records law enforcement got through a search warrant of Adkins' phone, his phone records place him in Colorado City in the vicinity of the Dunn home on Chestnut Street in Colorado City the morning of Dec. 27.

Witnesses say they saw Hailey's mom Billie Jean leave for work at 6:20 a.m. While his phone records put him in the vicinity of the home between 6:35 a.m. and 6:56 a.m., a time Hailey would have been home alone.

Another startling thing coming out about the time-line, that afternoon at 4 p.m., Hailey's brother David came home to a locked door. After knocking for a while, he climbed into the home through a window and says his presence seemed to startle Adkins, who was already inside

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26472929/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2011, 10:25:01 AM »

Hailey's Father Speaks Out About Recent Information Involving His Daughter  (with video)

COLORADO CITY - After a disturbing affidavit was released and after Hailey's mother's live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins was named 'a person of interest,' the question remains what does Hailey's father think of all of this?  NewsWest 9 met up with Hailey's father and asked him how he's taking in all of this new information.

Clint Dunn, Hailey's father, is trying to get the word out in hopes of finding his daughter soon. Dunn left Snyder on Wednesday in hopes to find his daughter; he had gotten several leads that she might be in Odessa. So he decided he come and look for himself. And while he was out searching, he passed out flyers and anything he could do to try and get the word out.

But on Tuesday night, when he heard the news of the affidavit he was really concerned and said he stayed up reading it all night trying to make sense of it all. His feeling are of anger and frustration. He told NewsWest 9, he knows Billie and says she would never hurt their daughter. And while he was with her, she was not in to horror films or mass murder items. Clint never thought that his kids would be in danger and all he can do now is hope that the affidavit is wrong and that his baby girl comes home soon.

"I have to focus my attention on what I am doing and that's looking for my daughter. The cops they have their focus on Billie and Shawn and their in the spotlight. So there is no need for me to put them in the spotlight, I need to look elsewhere and hopefully they didn't do anything to my daughter," Clint Dunn said.

Clint did mention that on New Years he was still living across the way from Billie and that he did not see a party going on, he did see cars but not a party. Clint also told NewsWest 9, he did not get along very well with Shawn Adkins and he said that in one instance he and Shawn got in to a fight. Clint does not want to blame anyone or point any fingers, all he wants is for his daughter to come home. 

Clint also said that when his daughter comes back, he plans on making sure she comes to live with him.
http://www.kwes.com/Global/story.asp?S=13834651
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2011, 10:28:41 AM »

Adkins Among "Persons of Interest" in Dunn Disappearance (with video)

Colorado City, TX - After saying there were several "persons of interest" in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn during a Wednesday news conference, law enforcement in Colorado City has now revealed Shawn Adkins to be among them.  Adkins is the boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Dunn.

Affidavits in the case show Billie Dunn and Shawn Adkins failed polygraph exams concerning Hailey's disappearance, held a party after reporting her missing, purchased illegal drugs, and continue to change the stories they're giving to investigators.
Authorities have not said whether Billie Dunn is also a person of interest. 

During Wednesday's news conference, Texas DPS Senior Trooper Sparky Dean and Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer made it clear they have several people they're keeping a close eye on.  No one has been detained and no arrests have been made.

"At this point we have interviewed hundreds of witnesses who have come forward and have followed 250 viable leads," Dean said.

Download the affidavits

On Wednesday, KTAB's Priscilla Luong attempted to speak with Adkins to get his reaction to the developments revealed in the affidavits.  A person who answered the door told crews Adkins would not be speaking at the request of his attorney.

Billie Dunn, who has continued to be very open with reporters throughout this entire process, admitted many of the items found the affidavits were true.  However, she had an issue with three aspects of the documents: the New Year's Even party, purchasing illegal narcotics, and all the focus on watching and reading "slasher" material. (click the video in the upper left to watch Dunn's reaction)

A portion of the affidavits revealed what happened behind closed doors when Billie Dunn and Shawn Adkins took polygraph exams.  The documents showed Adkins made "made a positive indication" that the girl could be found in Scurry County.

On Wednesday, Trooper Dean said authorities had done a second canvassing on the town of Dunn Tuesday.  Dunn is approximately 12 miles north of Colorado City in southern Scurry County.  Adkins is staying in Dunn at the home of a relative. 

Despite all the information found in the affidavits, there's no indication law enforcement is any closer to finding Hailey.

"The important thing people need to remember is not slandering me," said Dunn.  "The important thing is there is a 13-year-old who it seems just disappeared into thin air."

Volunteers plan to head out searching again on Thursday.  Last week, hundreds of people were involved in the grassroots searches.  Now, that number has dwindled as more time has passed and the temperatures have grown colder.

Officials now say the information that leads to Hailey's safe return is $15,000. They previously estimated much higher at $25,000.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331027
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2011, 10:40:36 AM »

Nancy asked Billie what she has done to help find Hailey, nothing for nothing Billie seemed a bit taken back by that question but replied,  "...called a lot of friends, we put up fliers, talked to media to keep her in the news."  (Might be off a word or two because I was writing a member with an off topic assistance at the same time I was listening).

Cappuccino 

B. is getting all set (in my opinion) to rake-in donations, it hasn't happened yet, but, pray tell, she is just warming up.
She was quite the actress, wearing her T-shirt and her big tissue (to wipe her tears). Next step will be more tears (for donations) to help Honeybuns  ::MonkeyHaHa::out with his Lawyer.

Yea, I have little faith in this twit for many reasons, not the least of which she went hours on end to practically days not personally checking up on her 13 year old daughter but felt it was a priority to talk about birth control, yet seemed perplexed by her b/f's statement to police.  While in today's society parents are wise to talk to their children honestly & up front on many issues, there are certain topics that are more age appropriate as well as taking place after moralistically guiding their children not to make ill-advised choices in the first place.  It is also important especially with a young teen in the home to do your ultimate best as a parent to live by example.  The one thing a single mother should always do is proceed with extreme caution when dating & as far as I'm concerned at no such time should entertain the thought of a boyfriend becoming a "live in" with a vulnerable minor child in the home.  I'm not saying that a single mother shouldnt date at all or look forward to marrying in the future BUT there isnt a person in the world that can claim naivety with all the ugly news we get daily to not proceed with extreme caution since it presents a high risk that someone may find that situation a great opportunity to commit their evil.   Over and over it is repeated that careful, mindful deliberation must take place before considering making a person a part of your home.  Since Billie stated that this SOB actually threatened to kill her and her daughter prior to him moving in with them & the b/f admitted he did state that, she should have never let him move in with them to begin with.   Billie is spending way too much time defending herself & her own actions which tells me there is a reason she feels the need to do so, more than appears obvious to us all already.   Unfortunately, all this being said, its already too late for Hailey I'm afraid & this mother is riddled with guilt as she should be.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2011, 10:41:14 AM »

I have a question.
 Instead of HD being gone and not asking BD first. What if it was SA. Do you think she would have just gone to bed or do you think she'd be texting and calling and waiting up ?  PRIORITIES.  Her's were not her children.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2011, 10:49:56 AM »

Hailey's Father Speaks Out About Recent Information Involving His Daughter  (with video)

COLORADO CITY - After a disturbing affidavit was released and after Hailey's mother's live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins was named 'a person of interest,' the question remains what does Hailey's father think of all of this?  NewsWest 9 met up with Hailey's father and asked him how he's taking in all of this new information.

Clint Dunn, Hailey's father, is trying to get the word out in hopes of finding his daughter soon. Dunn left Snyder on Wednesday in hopes to find his daughter; he had gotten several leads that she might be in Odessa. So he decided he come and look for himself. And while he was out searching, he passed out flyers and anything he could do to try and get the word out.

But on Tuesday night, when he heard the news of the affidavit he was really concerned and said he stayed up reading it all night trying to make sense of it all. His feeling are of anger and frustration. He told NewsWest 9, he knows Billie and says she would never hurt their daughter. And while he was with her, she was not in to horror films or mass murder items. Clint never thought that his kids would be in danger and all he can do now is hope that the affidavit is wrong and that his baby girl comes home soon.

"I have to focus my attention on what I am doing and that's looking for my daughter. The cops they have their focus on Billie and Shawn and their in the spotlight. So there is no need for me to put them in the spotlight, I need to look elsewhere and hopefully they didn't do anything to my daughter," Clint Dunn said.

Clint did mention that on New Years he was still living across the way from Billie and that he did not see a party going on, he did see cars but not a party. Clint also told NewsWest 9, he did not get along very well with Shawn Adkins and he said that in one instance he and Shawn got in to a fight. Clint does not want to blame anyone or point any fingers, all he wants is for his daughter to come home. 

Clint also said that when his daughter comes back, he plans on making sure she comes to live with him.

And I would venture to say he has more than a fight & this that makes him feel this is what should take place, unfortunately it is my gut feeling it is already too late for that future thought....too sad for words.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2011, 11:22:31 AM »

I have a question.
 Instead of HD being gone and not asking BD first. What if it was SA. Do you think she would have just gone to bed or do you think she'd be texting and calling and waiting up ?  PRIORITIES.  Her's were not her children.

You are so right. If Shawn had been out after telling the kids to tell Billie, I would bet Billie would be pacing the floor and calling until he came home and would have been giving him the riot act.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2011, 11:27:21 AM »

And I would venture to say he has more than a fight & this that makes him feel this is what should take place, unfortunately it is my gut feeling it is already too late for that future thought....too sad for words.

I also heard Billie say that Shawn was going to stay at his gradma's house until this is cleared up. She still doesn't see what this guy is. She thinks Hailey is coming home, (and God how I hope she does), they are going to "fix" whatever is wrong, and then Shawn is going to move back in.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2011, 11:35:32 AM »

I also heard Billie say that Shawn was going to stay at his gradma's house until this is cleared up. She still doesn't see what this guy is. She thinks Hailey is coming home, (and God how I hope she does), they are going to "fix" whatever is wrong, and then Shawn is going to move back in.

I wouldn't trust this woman to take care of a pet rock. I hope the son is staying someplace other than with her.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2011, 11:43:01 AM »

Nancy asked Billie what she has done to help find Hailey, nothing for nothing Billie seemed a bit taken back by that question but replied,  "...called a lot of friends, we put up fliers, talked to media to keep her in the news."  (Might be off a word or two because I was writing a member with an off topic assistance at the same time I was listening).

Cappuccino 

B. is getting all set (in my opinion) to rake-in donations, it hasn't happened yet, but, pray tell, she is just warming up.
She was quite the actress, wearing her T-shirt and her big tissue (to wipe her tears). Next step will be more tears (for donations) to help Honeybuns  ::MonkeyHaHa::out with his Lawyer.

Yea, I have little faith in this twit for many reasons, not the least of which she went hours on end to practically days not personally checking up on her 13 year old daughter but felt it was a priority to talk about birth control, yet seemed perplexed by her b/f's statement to police.  While in today's society parents are wise to talk to their children honestly & up front on many issues, there are certain topics that are more age appropriate as well as taking place after moralistically guiding their children not to make ill-advised choices in the first place.  It is also important especially with a young teen in the home to do your ultimate best as a parent to live by example.  The one thing a single mother should always do is proceed with extreme caution when dating & as far as I'm concerned at no such time should entertain the thought of a boyfriend becoming a "live in" with a vulnerable minor child in the home.  I'm not saying that a single mother shouldnt date at all or look forward to marrying in the future BUT there isnt a person in the world that can claim naivety with all the ugly news we get daily to not proceed with extreme caution since it presents a high risk that someone may find that situation a great opportunity to commit their evil.   Over and over it is repeated that careful, mindful deliberation must take place before considering making a person a part of your home.  Since Billie stated that this SOB actually threatened to kill her and her daughter prior to him moving in with them & the b/f admitted he did state that, she should have never let him move in with them to begin with.   Billie is spending way too much time defending herself & her own actions which tells me there is a reason she feels the need to do so, more than appears obvious to us all already.   Unfortunately, all this being said, its already too late for Hailey I'm afraid & this mother is riddled with guilt as she should be.

I love the word Twit, Hee Hee, fits her so well.  Women get into trouble with "Pretty Boys". SA is a pretty boy (in my view) with boyish looks and likely charming, to the Twit.  Birth control (as you noted) is appriopiate at the right age. I gasped she informed her daughter about it. 

IMO she knew the kid wasn't in her bed, she knew the kid not around and this is why she is fibbing her fanny off (CYA).
She works as a Secretary, and knows every excuse possible, that is used especially where she works. BD is slicker that N.G.
"B" will have a canned answer to NG at every turn. IMO

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2011, 11:47:15 AM »

Hailey is 13 years old, there should have been a talk about sex and birth control. In 2011, 13 year olds and younger know more about sex then we did at that age. They also teach that in school, I see nothing wrong about talking about this with a 13 year old.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2011, 11:48:59 AM »

Cappuccino 

I love the word Twit, Hee Hee, fits her so well.  Women get into trouble with "Pretty Boys". SA is a pretty boy (in my view) with boyish looks and likely charming, to the Twit.  Birth control (as you noted) is appriopiate at the right age. I gasped she informed her daughter about it. 

IMO she knew the kid wasn't in her bed, she knew the kid not around and this is why she is fibbing her fanny off (CYA).
She works as a Secretary, and knows every excuse possible, that is used especially where she works. BD is slicker that N.G.

I'm beginning to more and more believe something happened to Hailey the night before, after her brother last saw her. 

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2011, 11:49:17 AM »

I also don't believe her about not using drugs of any kind.  Her afflect is very flat like someone on meth.  They loose all ability to feel or identify with reality.  I guess she could react this way to any drug but something is going with her.  All her stated feelings seem forced and fake.  She doesn't seem upset about her only daughter missing.  WTF!!!!!!!!  I think she is too worried about losing SA.  I believe that is all she really cares about.  I've seen lots of women let their young children run loose without any supervision and concern and be totally absorbed in their boyfriend.  She would probably make sure SA had his dinner and let her kids fend for themselves.  All MOO of course but from day one she acts like a bad actor standing in for the the real mom!

Melisb,

Do you think LE is keeping tabs on her computer files, at work?  She is a slick one, in my view.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2011, 11:50:31 AM »

Cappuccino 

I'm beginning to more and more believe something happened to Hailey the night before, after her brother last saw her. 

I agree with you. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2011, 12:20:44 PM »

Hailey is 13 years old, there should have been a talk about sex and birth control. In 2011, 13 year olds and younger know more about sex then we did at that age. They also teach that in school, I see nothing wrong about talking about this with a 13 year old.

I don't see anything wrong having the talk either for all the reasons you stated. I am disappointed that it has to start at such a young age but it's just the way it is now.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2011, 12:20:59 PM »

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/no-headline---hailey_dunn_grandmother/

Missing Colorado City teen's grandmother doesn't want ‘to think the worst'
By Celinda Emison
Published Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hailey Dunn's grandmother, Connie Jones, who lives in Snyder, said Wednesday that she has suspected Shawn Adkins from the beginning in connection with the disappearance of her granddaughter.

"She was afraid of Shawn," Jones said. "I know they did not get along and she did not like him."

Even so, she was hopeful that her granddaughter will be found safe.

"I don't want to think the worst," she said.

Jones said she had not heard of the allegations in the affidavits that Adkins had threatened to kill Hailey and her mother Billie Jean Dunn.

"I never knew about this," Jones said. (more)

--------------SNIP..

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2011, 12:29:57 PM »

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/no-headline---hailey_dunn_grandmother/

By Celinda Emison

Hailey Dunn's grandmother, Connie Jones, who lives in Snyder, said Wednesday that she has suspected Shawn Adkins from the beginning in connection with the disappearance of her granddaughter.

"She was afraid of Shawn," Jones said. "I know they did not get along and she did not like him."

Jones said she had not heard of the allegations in the affidavits that Adkins had threatened to kill Hailey and her mother Billie Jean Dunn.

--------------SNIP..

I wonder if the grandmother ever talked to Billie about Hailey being afraid of Shawn, and what Billie's response was. This isn't the first time we've heard of Hailey being afraid of him.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2011, 12:30:18 PM »

By Celinda Emison

--------------SNIP..

Odd she knew that HD was afraid and didn't like SA but was unaware of the threats..Do you suppose people just thought it was  disappointment that her parents weren't getting back together  and didn't really listen to her.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2011, 12:33:08 PM »

I don't see anything wrong having the talk either for all the reasons you stated. I am disappointed that it has to start at such a young age but it's just the way it is now.
And if true she really had that talk, it appears to be at least one good thing she did with concern for Hailey.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2011, 12:36:14 PM »

Fox News is carrying Hailey's case now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.