April 27, 2024, 09:53:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #2 1/12/11 - 1/17/11  (Read 170820 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2011, 12:38:53 PM »

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/no-headline---hailey_dunn_grandmother/

Missing Colorado City teen's grandmother doesn't want ‘to think the worst'
By Celinda Emison
Published Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hailey Dunn's grandmother, Connie Jones, who lives in Snyder, said Wednesday that she has suspected Shawn Adkins from the beginning in connection with the disappearance of her granddaughter.

"She was afraid of Shawn," Jones said. "I know they did not get along and she did not like him."

Even so, she was hopeful that her granddaughter will be found safe.

"I don't want to think the worst," she said.

Jones said she had not heard of the allegations in the affidavits that Adkins had threatened to kill Hailey and her mother Billie Jean Dunn.

"I never knew about this," Jones said. (more)

--------------SNIP..

Odd she knew that HD was afraid and didn't like SA but was unaware of the threats..Do you suppose people just thought it was  disappointment that her parents weren't getting back together  and didn't really listen to her.

It well could be. I guess grandmother didn't know about the police being at the house back in February. Hailey may have been told not to tell that part.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2011, 12:42:17 PM »

Hailey is 13 years old, there should have been a talk about sex and birth control. In 2011, 13 year olds and younger know more about sex then we did at that age. They also teach that in school, I see nothing wrong about talking about this with a 13 year old.

I would agree with the exception of a few districts not taking the best approach IMHO.  However, it should be noted that this is exactly what I said "While in today's society parents are wise to talk to their children honestly & up front on many issues, there are certain topics that are more age appropriate as well as taking place after moralistically guiding their children not to make ill-advised choices in the first place.   I truly believe these moral & safety issues are pertinent to be visited & revisited continuously with open discussion while raising children as well making sure you set a decent example yourself.   It does not take a rocket scientist to accomplish this as a parent no matter what the education or socio-economic level one could be construed to be part of, personally I'm a no excuses kinda individual considering all we are exposed to on a daily basis with vast avenues to receive information in an instant.

My personal comments had nothing to do with what is taught in school or whether schools are teaching our children age appropriately and/or in the best manner on this topic but moreover what starts at home.  Everything starts at home, if the well-rounded foundation isnt there first it risks a greater chance that the information taught in school will not be received respectfully or with the due diligence it deserves.   Again, this is my view from personal experience raising children & in every aspect I've been actively involved in capacities involving other children.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: January 13, 2011, 12:48:33 PM »

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/no-headline---hailey_dunn_grandmother/

Missing Colorado City teen's grandmother doesn't want ‘to think the worst'
By Celinda Emison
Published Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hailey Dunn's grandmother, Connie Jones, who lives in Snyder, said Wednesday that she has suspected Shawn Adkins from the beginning in connection with the disappearance of her granddaughter.

"She was afraid of Shawn," Jones said. "I know they did not get along and she did not like him."

Even so, she was hopeful that her granddaughter will be found safe.

"I don't want to think the worst," she said.

Jones said she had not heard of the allegations in the affidavits that Adkins had threatened to kill Hailey and her mother Billie Jean Dunn.

"I never knew about this," Jones said. (more)

--------------SNIP..

I wonder if the grandmother ever talked to Billie about Hailey being afraid of Shawn, and what Billie's response was. This isn't the first time we've heard of Hailey being afraid of him.

Ugh, why do people just brush these significant signs aside & just leave it to hope...dam it!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #163 on: January 13, 2011, 12:53:52 PM »

That is all well and good, but I would bet most parents aren't talking to their kids about sex and birth control in a honest and upfront way. And for some they learn from friends and school.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2011, 12:57:29 PM »

That is all well and good, but I would bet most parents aren't talking to their kids about sex and birth control in a honest and upfront way. And for some they learn from friends and school.

True, but that doesnt make it right or acceptable, I find it pitiful & rather reckless.

Turtletop17
Scared Monkey

« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2011, 01:07:51 PM »

I am just grasping here and this is something to think about...

SA left for work, BD left for work shortly afterwards...if this was their normal routine neighbors would know this. Maybe Hailey was home alone and the "neighbor" (that states he saw Hailey on the phone at 12 in the back yard) abducted Hailey or is hiding Hailey?

IIRC BD stated on Nancy Grace that the neighbors name was Charles...and he no longer lived next door. Did he move? Maybe he is guilty and thought he should leave while the LE is focusing on the family. Maybe he thought he could throw off the timeline by saying he saw her outside talking on the phone around 12....

I realize there is alot of inconsistancies with BD and SA, but at this point nothing would surprise me. I would like to know if SA "knew" the neighbor....maybe they did this together...SA and the neighbor that is?
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #166 on: January 13, 2011, 01:19:09 PM »

SA left for work, BD left for work shortly afterwards...if this was their normal routine neighbors would know this. Maybe Hailey was home alone and the "neighbor" (that states he saw Hailey on the phone at 12 in the back yard) abducted Hailey or is hiding Hailey?

IIRC BD stated on Nancy Grace that the neighbors name was Charles...and he no longer lived next door. Did he move? Maybe he is guilty and thought he should leave while the LE is focusing on the family. Maybe he thought he could throw off the timeline by saying he saw her outside talking on the phone around 12....

I realize there is alot of inconsistancies with BD and SA, but at this point nothing would surprise me. I would like to know if SA "knew" the neighbor....maybe they did this together...SA and the neighbor that is?
My understanding from what BD said was that Charles was a visitor staying there.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: January 13, 2011, 01:24:52 PM »

Mom's boyfriend 'person of interest' in Texas case

COLORADO CITY, Texas (AP) - A Texas official has named a woman's former live-in boyfriend one of several people of interest in the disappearance of her 13-year-old daughter, although investigators continue to chase hundreds of leads in the case.

Colorado City's city manager, Pete Kampfer, told The Associated Press that 25-year-old Shawn Casey Adkins is among the people of interest in the investigation of missing middle school cheerleader Hailey Darlene Dunn. No arrests have been made.

Adkins declined to speak to the AP when reached at a relative's house Wednesday night. Another relative, Adkins' uncle, said his nephew had nothing to do with Hailey's disappearance.

"He is the most passive, gentle person you would meet in your whole life," Matt Taggart said of his nephew. "He's not capable of that. He wouldn't even know where to start to make human disappear."

Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, said she asked Adkins to move out Jan. 5, nine days after she reported her daughter missing. The Dec. 28 report set off a multicounty search involving the FBI and Texas Rangers.

Dunn denied having anything to do with her daughter's disappearance, but investigators say she lied.

Court documents obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press include police affidavits that say Dunn gave contradictory statements and lied during a polygraph test that included questions about her daughter's disappearance. She has not been named a person of interest.

The affidavits also indicate police believe Adkins lied when asked about what he knew about Hailey's whereabouts.

The police affidavits said Adkins had previously threatened his girlfriend and her daughter.

Dunn said in a phone interview Wednesday that the couple had broken up before and Adkins said some "ugly things," but never threatened Hailey's life.

"If investigators can't rule him out, I can't either," she said. "I'm unsure at this point."

In one affidavit, police said Adkins' telephone records "dispute" his claim that he visited his mother on the morning of Dec. 27, the day he told authorities he last saw Hailey.

Witnesses said Adkins left work at 6:10 a.m., and Adkins told investigators he went straight to his mother's house in Big Spring, about 40 miles west of Colorado City. But records show calls from Adkins' cell phone were placed from Colorado City between 6:35 a.m. and 6:56 a.m., the affidavit said.

"According to all reports, Hailey Dunn would have been alone in the residence during this time period," the affidavit said, noting that witnesses and records show Billie Dunn left for work at 6:20 a.m.

Dunn denied lying to police. She said she left one interview because she was tired and had been questioned for hours when investigators told her they believed she had been untruthful.

"You're letting me know you're not one step closer to finding my girl," Dunn said she told investigators. "People still need to be worried about my daughter not being at home."

In the affidavits, police said they had obtained information that Dunn and Adkins hosted a New Year's party just days after Hailey was reported missing. Adkins told investigators the couple just had a few friends over for drinks.

Dunn on Wednesday denied "completely" there was a party.

Dunn also has downplayed investigators' claims that she and Adkins seemed to be fascinated with sadistic sex and brutal crimes. The affidavits said investigators who searched the couple's home found printouts of at least 16 different articles related to sex crimes and serial killings, some of them involving adolescents.

Dunn, in statements included in the affidavits, described her interest in true crime cases as "a hobby."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13837968/moms-boyfriend-person-of-interest-in-texas-case
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: January 13, 2011, 01:30:26 PM »

Hailey's Dad: Don't Just Focus on Billie and Shawn (with video)

Hailey Dunn's father continues to hold out hope and refuses to give up his search.

Clint Dunn is traveling across West Texas spreading the word about her disappearance.

He spent Wednesday in Odessa showing her picture around.

Dunn last saw her the day after Christmas.

"I think we may have played a video game that morning and she left that day," he told people.  "I haven't seen her since."

He describes her as cheerful, the type that would make everyone laugh, and he doesn't believe that she would have run away.

"This is so out of character of her to run away that's why this gets more scary everyday."

But he's not putting the blame on Hailey's mother and her boyfriend.

"I'm scared everybody's looking at Shawn and Billie Jean too closely," he said.

That's why he's looking elsewhere.

"I don't want to put them up on a pedestal and let the person get away with my child," he said.  "I have to just focus on finding my daughter.  My little girl is out there and somebody's got her, and I just want her back."

Clint will spend today in Odessa, then move to Midland and Big Spring before heading back home to Colorado City.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331146
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: January 13, 2011, 01:35:20 PM »

hang on wait one dam minute Billie is denied that Shawn threatened her & Hailey.   The SOB admitted that he said it & she had to have mentioned it to LE for them to even ask him about it....WTH!!

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2011, 01:42:33 PM »

hang on wait one dam minute Billie is denied that Shawn threatened her & Hailey.   The SOB admitted that he said it & she had to have mentioned it to LE for them to even ask him about it....WTH!!
It's called SPIN.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: January 13, 2011, 02:01:55 PM »

My understanding from what BD said was that Charles was a visitor staying there.

What? Does he live in Outer Mongolia? I wonder why the police can't verify the siting with him.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #172 on: January 13, 2011, 02:12:27 PM »

I have yet another question (shocking I know), but the missing info for Hailey stated she was reported missing on the 28th at 2pm, but I thought Billie stated she reported her missing later in the day, there have been so many inconsistencies that I have a hard time remembering every detail....

Anyone remember?

TIA

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #173 on: January 13, 2011, 02:20:20 PM »

The inconsistencies NEVER end!!!!

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/no-headline---hailey_dunn_timeline/?partner=yahoo_feeds

Time undetermined — Billie Jean Dunn "peeks in" on her daughter and believes she's in her bed, she tells the Reporter-News on Wednesday. She then rides with Adkins to their jobs in Snyder

6:20 a.m. — Billie Jean Dunn leaves her residence in Colorado City en route to her job at Cogdell Memorial Hospital in Snyder.

ME~If he left at 5:30 and she left at 6ish, how on earth could she had rode with him to work????

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2011, 02:21:29 PM »

Too bad there isn't a 911 call we could listen to but BD had her coworker drive her to the police station to report her daughter missing .

Turtletop17
Scared Monkey

« Reply #175 on: January 13, 2011, 02:28:27 PM »

I would like for Nancy Grace to ask Billie Dunn if she locked the door after she left for work knowing Hailey was home alone....sleeping. Poor baby I hope and pray she is alive but its not looking good and I feel that something bad happened right after Billie left for work IMO

And if so were there any signs of forced entry?

One more thing. I live in East Texas and we just had a case where a very well known loving christian family had there 16 yr old son kill his sister...we still do not know his motive.

I hate to ask this but these days you never know....Wonder if BD could be covering for her son and not SA?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: January 13, 2011, 02:33:06 PM »

I would like for Nancy Grace to ask Billie Dunn if she locked the door after she left for work knowing Hailey was home alone....sleeping. Poor baby I hope and pray she is alive but its not looking good and I feel that something bad happened right after Billie left for work IMO

And if so were there any signs of forced entry?

One more thing. I live in East Texas and we just had a case where a very well known loving christian family had there 16 yr old son kill his sister...we still do not know his motive.

I hate to ask this but these days you never know....Wonder if BD could be covering for her son and not SA?

bolded by me...
Highly doubt it...

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #177 on: January 13, 2011, 02:35:59 PM »

Also, I remember studying stmt analysis during the HaLeigh Cummings case and it's is said and there are examples that when ppl are lying they use the number 3 for some reason......remember Misty, I saw 3 when she was talking about the clock when she noticed HaLeigh was missing and now in this case we hear Billie stating that Shawn saw her at 3pm and she left a 3:15 (just something to mull over).

[
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: January 13, 2011, 02:38:56 PM »

I have yet another question (shocking I know), but the missing info for Hailey stated she was reported missing on the 28th at 2pm, but I thought Billie stated she reported her missing later in the day, there have been so many inconsistencies that I have a hard time remembering every detail....

Anyone remember?

TIA

Nancy Grace Transcripts from Jan 3, 2011

Tuesday, I was at work again, I left my cell phone at home for my kids to use when I`m working. So Tuesday, I called my son. I said tell Hailey text the little girl, her friend, tell Hailey she needs to go ahead and get home. This was around lunch. My son called me back within a few minutes and she said, mom, she said Hailey never made it over there. She never spent the night.

So at that point I called Hailey`s dad and found out she didn`t over there and she didn`t stay the night with him. I left from work and went to the police station in Colorado City and reported her missing.

Re: Hailey Dunn 13 missing from Colorado City, Texas since Dec. 27, 2010
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 09:13:45 PM »

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: January 13, 2011, 02:40:28 PM »

Anyone remember?

TIA

I am still looking at other sources to see if she gives a time Billie reported Hailey missing. The transcripts say 2:00 PM.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.