April 28, 2024, 11:42:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #2 1/12/11 - 1/17/11  (Read 170856 times)
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #740 on: January 15, 2011, 01:54:42 PM »

Also, past abduction reports from up to a 100-mile radius are being reviewed.
Other reports from past burglaries, "peeping toms" and similar situations are being used to help develop leads. Even sex offenders are being actively questioned throughout the investigation. More interviews of friends, family members and neighbors continue to be conducted by officials as well.

On the HD faceBook, a woman has said she found thru a paid site some sort of incident in Mexico involving Shawn. Charges were never laid as he came back to the USA and Mexico didn't have juristiction. And his cousin's sister had run away last year. She ws going to report it to the admin on FB and it was going to LE.
They did find some memory sticks, etc in the back part of Billie's closet.
When this first started, I believed Billie, the part about LE treating this a s a run away and dragging their azzes. Now, I am waiting for the Shawn & Billie "theme" wedding, just like Ron & Misty.   

Good morning Katgram. 
What are memory sticks?  tia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_flash_drive

"A USB flash drive consists of a flash memory data storage device integrated with a USB (Universal Serial Bus) interface. USB flash drives are typically removable and rewritable, and physically much smaller than a floppy disk. Most weigh less than 30 g (1 oz).[1] Storage capacities in 2010 can be as large as 256 GB[2] with steady improvements in size and price per capacity expected. Some allow 1 million write or erase cycles[citation needed] and have a 10-year data retention cycle.[3][4]"

Wikipedia. (2011). USB flash drive. Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_flash_drive

Hi searching - long time no see.
Thank you for the above.

Hi Can, you are welcome, I have several of them I use for school.  Smile

You smart Monkey you! 
My computer skills and knowledge are so lacking and I depend so much
on all our smart Monkeys. 
 an angelic monkey
I didn't know a flash drive from a hard drive until I started school and they said I would need one, that one has turned into several by now Smile I keep all my papers and research on them. I can go back and refresh my memory if need be that way. 9 weeks till graduation YAY. Smile So, I will graduate with an associates, start back for my BA a week later and have to add to my already large collection of flash drives LOL.

You will never know how very proud of you I am.   
Thanks...  I was looking for a hug smiley and does that robot smiley have a .. oh never mind... Have not slept but 2 hours in 3 days, maybe is my eyes... 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: January 15, 2011, 01:58:09 PM »

This isn't directed toward any one person, but...

We don't usually make a big deal out of quote stacks here at Scared Monkeys, but you know, after about the 6th or 7th quote, it starts getting hard to read and figure out who said what.  I think sometimes it's easy to keep hitting "quote" when posting along, but for those that come along and read later, it's a mess.  I don't want to discourage anyone from quoting, but think about if you really need the quote.  If we're all on the same page or two, you could also just refer to it.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #742 on: January 15, 2011, 02:00:38 PM »

This is the one news story I have been searching for, the one that had MB's mom speaking about

Cecilia Garcia said she had never interacted with Dunn’s extended family.

The first time she saw Hailey’s mother was on television, she said. And Hailey never had spent the night at friend’s her house, even though two were close friends.

Mary Beth Garcia, her mother said, had visited the Dunns’ home overnight.

“My daughter, I let her visit her and spend the night,” she said. “And the last time I did, I didn’t like it, because I heard they were walking the street with other kids”
Garcia said she never let her daughter spend the night at the home again.

Later, she said that her daughter told her that Dunn had expressed a desire to move in with her birth father, which Garcia said her daughter indicated led to a family altercation around Christmastime.

Edit to add link per IM.  MB

http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...xxxxxxxxxxxxx/

So, it seems there WAS an altercation around Christmastime.....maybe this is why Hailey looks so unhappy , I also wonder what she meant (MB's mom) about the walking the street with other kids?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 02:06:13 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #743 on: January 15, 2011, 02:02:04 PM »

Same here~I felt it the first interview, kinda a gut instinct as she was missing everything we expect of out a parent with a missing child when they are NOT involved, speaking directly to her, asking her abductor to let her go since the family lives her and can't go on without her, she is missing the anger and rage part of the emotions too.......well, except when she feels she is being looked at as un unfit mom, others slandering her or her BF, those were HUGE GIANT red flags from the first interview, then she doesn't want others to see her as a bad mother. Well, obvioulsy we have all done things we regret as parents, but I'd spill everything I did or thought I had done that made me appear that way. People are forgiving when they believe you own up to your mistakes and take responsibilty for them. I never saw that, only defensive behavoirs from her.

I do see immense hurt and pain in Clint and while he could have done more the deck was stacked against him if he tried to get custody due to his past, but he doesn't seem to be worried about that and most notice that too, so while I don't give him a pass on this, I do feel terrible for him and hope he has a support system. I feel he's prolly seen that he could have done better but at least he is out looking, handing out flyers, doing what he can to keep her face seen locally and in the surrounding area and not worrying about what others think, so kudos to him. What has Billie done besides going on tv to try and perpetuate her "I am a good mother", "Shawn said I am a great mom "(coming from a psycho this doesn't really mean jack chit to me), and in constant defensive mode when ppl have every right to be looking at her involvement.I would have felt better if hse had come out in the beginning and stated "I made many mistakes and I wish I could go back in time and done the right thing by kicking out Shawn", and the said "I am not perfect, but I am begging and pleading for my you Hailey -pls come home to me, I will never see SA again and I will devote everything I have to you and David, so pls forgive me for not listening to your worries about SA, I promise to do better", then I might have felt some empathy for her and she wouldn't have been as high up on others hink meter, instead she is continuing the SSDD. Sorry for the rambling post, I have a floating rib that is killing me and not always clear with what I am trying to say.........but I am trying!

Ahh is ok, ramble on.. Lets see, what has Billie done, popped pills knowing she was going in for a poly, did she think they would do the poly and she would pass with flying colors that way?  Went back for a poly, failed, and when given the opportunity to clear up why she failed, walked out, kept her bf in the home with her daughter and has consistently lied about knowledge of her daughters fears of him, partied, changed her stories consistently, withdrew money from an ATM for drugs.. I could go on but wont because well, I don't think there is need to. The situation and facts speak for themselves. Billie and Shawn, where is Hailey??
Spot on Searching!

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #744 on: January 15, 2011, 02:04:15 PM »

OOPS~forgot the link again.......

Edit -  Added link to post.  MB

Sorry Muffy~they are starting to look like the stay puff Marshmellow man aren't they  

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 02:07:05 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

[
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #745 on: January 15, 2011, 02:07:28 PM »

OOPS~forgot the link again.......

Edit -  Added link to post.  MB

Sorry Muffy~they are starting to look like the stay puff Marshmellow man aren't they  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #746 on: January 15, 2011, 02:10:21 PM »

IM   I think Mary Beth's mom is saying about walking the streets, is she thought that the kids would stay put inside the house and not be able to walk around, and maybe get into trouble. We use to do that when we would have sleep overs, but we were a little older then 13.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #747 on: January 15, 2011, 02:13:10 PM »

Searching - o/t congrats on your studies.  You go girl!   

IM - I think when you send your child to a friends for a sleepover you expect  friends parents to be responsible.  Sounds like the kids were out of the house @ night - something the parent did not expect nor would have allowed, hence the decision not to allow her child to stay at the Dunn household again.

Unfortunately folks tend to trust too much I think. 
One can never be too careful when assessing the safety factors for their children. 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: January 15, 2011, 02:14:45 PM »

We don't usually make a big deal out of quote stacks here at Scared Monkeys, but you know, after about the 6th or 7th quote, it starts getting hard to read and figure out who said what.  I think sometimes it's easy to keep hitting "quote" when posting along, but for those that come along and read later, it's a mess.  I don't want to discourage anyone from quoting, but think about if you really need the quote.  If we're all on the same page or two, you could also just refer to it.  JMHO

My fault! I've been here long enough to know. Sorry. I have just been stung by the bee since I came back. I won't do it again. Really.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #749 on: January 15, 2011, 02:18:11 PM »

IM   I think Mary Beth's mom is saying about walking the streets, is she thought that the kids would stay put inside the house and not be able to walk around, and maybe get into trouble. We use to do that when we would have sleep overs, but we were a little older then 13.

They probably walked the streets to avoid what was going on in the house. The music! The movies! The drugs! They may have also been afraid of Shawn.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #750 on: January 15, 2011, 02:23:56 PM »

Who knows, when your 13 there is all kind of things to get into, and with no parent really watching the kids, maybe Billie and Shawn weren't even home during the sleepover.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #751 on: January 15, 2011, 02:29:10 PM »

Ok, thanks NRCG~I see what you are saying and agree that when I was older we might have gone outside and walked around, but I wouldn't let my kids at that age and we hrew up in a different time, now I am so overly protective since we are so aware of the dangers out ther, but you'd think Billie would have been too since she was a crime buff.  Of course we know BD was not a responsible parent so I can also see her letting them do this, heck she was prolly glad to have the house for her and BF to be alone and do who knows what. I wish she would have clarified more what "walking the streets" meant, as in hanging around outside to be away from the nutz in the house, OR walking the streets as in many blocks away. To me that is a huge difference as I would let my kids be outside as long as I could see them, but I wouldn't allow them to walk several blocks away since I am a worrier  Monkey Devil!

[
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: January 15, 2011, 02:36:14 PM »

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26504758/detail.html

Abilene Landfill Closed: No Sign Of Search Activity Saturday Morning
By Merlin Mann, KTXS News
POSTED: 10:49 am CST January 15, 2011
UPDATED: 11:56 am CST January 15, 2011

ABILENE, Texas -- The Allied Waste landfill on the northern edge of Abilene remained closed Saturday morning with no sign of renewed activity in the search for Hailey Dunn, the Colorado City 13-year-old who has been missing since Dec. 27.

The gates at the entrance to the landfill are locked and a sign reads "Closed," one day after more than a dozen law enforcement personnel, including cadaver dogs trained to search for decomposing bodies, searched for any remains or evidence related to the case.

Sources told KTXS News that there were two "hits," or possible scent recognitions by the dogs, which were provided by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. However, it remained unconfirmed Saturday morning whether the dogs actually found evidence related to the case.

More than a dozen law enforcement personnel were involved in the search Friday, including officers with the Abilene Police Department, who were there to help in the search.

Meanwhile, the search for Hailey continued Saturday morning across vast areas in West Texas, with searches being conducted or having been conducted in at least four different counties over the past several days.

There remains a $15,000 reward offered for the return of Hailey.

Volunteer search parties again met and went out into the area surrounding the small community of Dunn, located in southern Scurry County and just 12 miles north of Colorado City.

The volunteers are searching numerous wooded and overgrown areas, including a number of sites of abandoned farm houses, piles of debris and decaying buildings. Searchers look around the property then leave behind orange strips of tape to indicate the area has received at least a preliminary search.

The community of Dunn is also the location of suspect Shawn Adkins, who is living at his grandmother's house there while under 24-hour surveillance by law enforcement personnel.

In an Associated Press exclusive interview published Friday, Adkins said he was not responsible for Hailey's disappearance.

Adkins was the last person to see Hailey alive, claiming that she told him she was spending the night with a friend. However, she never made it to the friend's house -- and they didn't have plans to be together, the friend said.

Law enforcement affidavits used to secure search warrants first acquired and made public by KTXS News earlier this week increased focus on Adkins as a primary suspect.

The affidavits revealed numerous inconsistencies and contradictions in Adkins' statements.

The affidavits also called into question his whereabouts on Dec. 27, the day Hailey went missing.

His statements about being fired from his job, later changed to his quitting on Dec. 27, was contradicted by his employer, who called Adkins a good employee.

Adkins' whereabouts immediately after he abruptly left work on Dec. 27 -- just 10 minutes after arriving there at 6 a.m. -- were contradicted by cell telephone records, which indicate he likely went to Colorado City, rather than Big Spring, as he had claimed.

Details provided in the affidavits suggest about a three-hour gap in knowledge about exactly where Adkins was on Dec. 27.

Adkins is the only named suspect in the case.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: January 15, 2011, 02:43:48 PM »

My fault! I've been here long enough to know. Sorry. I have just been stung by the bee since I came back. I won't do it again. Really.

No big deal, Fanny Mae.  It wasn't really a sting (no red), more of a nudge.   

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #754 on: January 15, 2011, 02:55:30 PM »

No big deal, Fanny Mae.  It wasn't really a sting (no red), more of a nudge.   

Consider me nudged.   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: January 15, 2011, 03:07:01 PM »

I know my daughter and SIL would not be pleased if almost 13 year grandson was afforded the freedom to hang out on the streets when he was having a sleepover at a friend's home.  It is always a balancing act to know how much to loosen the reins but at this period in Mom and Dad still keep those reins relatively tight.  They have already experienced on a minor scale within the home how this young man can take a mile when given an inch.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: January 15, 2011, 03:20:52 PM »

They probably walked the streets to avoid what was going on in the house. The music! The movies! The drugs! They may have also been afraid of Shawn.

Mary Beth and Billie had never met ... never talked.

What is wrong with these mothers who allow their children to sleepover at homes of friends while not knowing the parents ... not knowing the dynamics within the home.

I don't get it!

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: January 15, 2011, 03:21:54 PM »

Self-Edit - Last post

Mary Beth's mother and Billie ...

Janet

_____

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #758 on: January 15, 2011, 03:25:21 PM »

Mary Beth and Billie had never met ... never talked.

What is wrong with these mothers who allow their children to sleepover at homes of friends while not knowing the parents ... not knowing the dynamics within the home.

I don't get it!

Janet

I still talk to/meet my childrens friends and they are adults now. The ones I think are safe usually end up calling me mom and even give me cards on mothers day, those I think are not safe, I let my kids know and they usually listen because they have learned the hard way, I am usually right.

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #759 on: January 15, 2011, 03:29:44 PM »

If this is OT, you can delete it but...since we are talking about sleepovers...
My daughter lives in a very nice neighborhood and one of the young girls went down the street to sleep over at another young girl's house.  When the two lil girls got in the bedroom, the one who lived there closed the door and said, "Shhh...don't say anything you don't want my Dad to hear, he has cameras in the house and can see and hear what we say."  The other little girl called her Mom and said she wanted to come home.  She will never go back there. 

Is that not the creepiest thing you ever heard?  Is that legal?  Nice neighbor, huh?  In the evenings, you can see the screen monitors aglow in his office from the outside of the house.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.