April 27, 2024, 04:37:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #2 1/12/11 - 1/17/11  (Read 170800 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #760 on: January 15, 2011, 03:40:10 PM »

http://www.snyderdailynews.com/news/

HAILEY’S ANGELS — Joey Roland of Snyder secures stuffed animals on a bridge at Dunn which is now a focal point for volunteer searchers. Hailey’s Angels has secured the animals in an effort to show support for Hailey Dunn, the 13-year-old Colorado City girl who was last seen Dec. 27. The group said the animals are meant to be a welcoming sign for the teen’s return. (SDN Staff Photo by Jeff West)

my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #761 on: January 15, 2011, 05:26:16 PM »

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331756

Day 19: Searchers Refuse to Give Up Hope to Find Hailey

Reported by: Austin Kellerman
Saturday, January 15 2011

Colorado City, TX -   One day after learning Shawn Adkins has been named a suspect in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, volunteers say they refuse to give up their search to bring the 13-year-old back to Colorado City alive.

On Friday, images of investigators sifting through trash at an Abilene landfill in connection with the investigation painted a grim picture. Law enforcement tells bigcountryhomepage.com cadaver dogs got two "hits" at Allied Waste Services. Though law enforcement wouldn't discuss what the "hits" were, it doesn't appear any remains were uncovered. Authorities now say the search at that specific landfill has ended.

Adkins, the boyfriend of Hailey's mother, has been holed up in home in the town of Dunn since failing a polygraph exam last week. He, along with other persons of interest in the case, is under 24-7 surveillance by law enforcement.

Though authorities have labeled Adkins a suspect, he has not been arrested. Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer said law enforcement likely needs to discover more evidence before charging him with a crime.

On Saturday, volunteer searchers plan to gather outside the home where Adkins is staying for a short time. Volunteers have been doing this almost daily. Those involved in the search tell KTAB's Victor Sotelo they walk near the home to "make their presence felt."

Holly Jenkins is one of the searchers who has devoted her time to trying to find Hailey.

"Shawn's across the street watching us," said volunteer searcher Holly Jenkins. "I just have this motherly intuition."

Jenkins is from Midland and vows to stay searching in the community of Dunn until Hailey is found. Freda Radcliff is also involved in the efforts to find the missing girl.

"I'm not feeling to well about the mother or the boyfriend right now," Radcliff told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro earlier this week. "I think it's going to be a horrible outcome," said Radcliff. "The fact that she said she could be found in Scurry County and that they should be looking at both of them. They've done something to her."

Despite her gut feeling, Radcliff says she and other searchers will still focus on their mission.

"I'm here for Hailey. That's the only person that I'm here for," said Radcliff.

"She's a little girl who needs all of us," added Jenkins. "We all should be out here helping."

On Friday, Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, said she doesn't know if Adkins is involved in her daughter's disappearance. For the first time, she directly addressed her boyfriend.

"Shawn, if you have nothing to hide, I really wish you would talk to he investigators and would get this cleared up," she said.

Officials now say the information that leads to Hailey's safe return is $15,000. They previously estimated much higher at $25,000.
Hailey doesn't look to happy in this picture to me ......wonder when it was taken?
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #762 on: January 15, 2011, 05:51:19 PM »

Has any fellow employee of BD come forward to back her as an honest hardworking single mom ?

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #763 on: January 15, 2011, 06:13:12 PM »

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331756

Day 19: Searchers Refuse to Give Up Hope to Find Hailey

Reported by: Austin Kellerman
Saturday, January 15 2011

Colorado City, TX -   One day after learning Shawn Adkins has been named a suspect in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, volunteers say they refuse to give up their search to bring the 13-year-old back to Colorado City alive.

On Friday, images of investigators sifting through trash at an Abilene landfill in connection with the investigation painted a grim picture. Law enforcement tells bigcountryhomepage.com cadaver dogs got two "hits" at Allied Waste Services. Though law enforcement wouldn't discuss what the "hits" were, it doesn't appear any remains were uncovered. Authorities now say the search at that specific landfill has ended.

Adkins, the boyfriend of Hailey's mother, has been holed up in home in the town of Dunn since failing a polygraph exam last week. He, along with other persons of interest in the case, is under 24-7 surveillance by law enforcement.

Though authorities have labeled Adkins a suspect, he has not been arrested. Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer said law enforcement likely needs to discover more evidence before charging him with a crime.

On Saturday, volunteer searchers plan to gather outside the home where Adkins is staying for a short time. Volunteers have been doing this almost daily. Those involved in the search tell KTAB's Victor Sotelo they walk near the home to "make their presence felt."

Holly Jenkins is one of the searchers who has devoted her time to trying to find Hailey.

"Shawn's across the street watching us," said volunteer searcher Holly Jenkins. "I just have this motherly intuition."

Jenkins is from Midland and vows to stay searching in the community of Dunn until Hailey is found. Freda Radcliff is also involved in the efforts to find the missing girl.

"I'm not feeling to well about the mother or the boyfriend right now," Radcliff told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro earlier this week. "I think it's going to be a horrible outcome," said Radcliff. "The fact that she said she could be found in Scurry County and that they should be looking at both of them. They've done something to her."

Despite her gut feeling, Radcliff says she and other searchers will still focus on their mission.

"I'm here for Hailey. That's the only person that I'm here for," said Radcliff.

"She's a little girl who needs all of us," added Jenkins. "We all should be out here helping."

On Friday, Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, said she doesn't know if Adkins is involved in her daughter's disappearance. For the first time, she directly addressed her boyfriend.

"Shawn, if you have nothing to hide, I really wish you would talk to he investigators and would get this cleared up," she said.

Officials now say the information that leads to Hailey's safe return is $15,000. They previously estimated much higher at $25,000.
Hailey doesn't look to happy in this picture to me ......wonder when it was taken?

Flipping through my album ... many of the photos reveal kids with attitudes.  Many reveal kids that look happy but ... were told to "smile".

A photo is a poor indication as to the well-being of a child.  It reveals a moment in time.

However ... the lack of photos that have emerged of Hailey Dunn does concern me somewhat.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #764 on: January 15, 2011, 06:17:43 PM »

Has any fellow employee of BD come forward to back her as an honest hardworking single mom ?

Billie Dunn was employed full time ... worked long hours.  She was not lazy.

Billie may have believed she loved her children but based on what has been revealed David and Hailey's well being was not a priority ... was not a focus.  Shawn and their own lifestyle was where it was at.

IMO

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #765 on: January 15, 2011, 06:19:23 PM »

O/T    HLN's Nancy Grace doing 50 shows on missing people

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110115/ap_en_ot/us_tv_grace_s_missing
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #766 on: January 15, 2011, 06:23:54 PM »

I would like to know about family activities. Did they go on family outings? Picnics? Family reunions? Rodeos? Movies? Did the family attend functions where Hailey was a cheerleader? Was Billie a volunteer or a member of the PTO? Someone said she was a friend of Hailey's in the FFA. Did the family attend the events? Were there family trips to go skating, to the fair, or horseback riding? Was there mother and daughter shopping trips? We have heard very little of Hailey's day to day life. We know a child is missing, that she seemed like a very sweet girl, and was very cute. When mom and boyfriend were partying, who was looking after Hailey and her brother?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #767 on: January 15, 2011, 06:24:21 PM »

Billie may have believed she loved her children but based on what has been revealed David and Hailey's well being was not a priority ... was not a focus.  Shawn and their own lifestyle was where it was at.

IMO

Janet
I wasn't calling her lazy. I was just inquiring if any of her fellow employees had come forward on her behalf.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #768 on: January 15, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »

trying to catch up here..who has a family member missing?
I thought that I read that perhaps it was Corey's relative? who is a friend of Shawn's? is that right? and if so....is anyone looking at Shawn in that disappearance now since he is a suspect in Hailey's disappearance?  or did I really really misread that badly in my hurry to catch up? sorry if I am mistaken....

o/t Searching..really good to see you here! have missed you...xxx

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #769 on: January 15, 2011, 06:39:18 PM »

I thought that I read that perhaps it was Corey's relative? who is a friend of Shawn's? is that right? and if so....is anyone looking at Shawn in that disappearance now since he is a suspect in Hailey's disappearance?  or did I really really misread that badly in my hurry to catch up? sorry if I am mistaken....

It is Corey's sister. She has been missing since November.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #770 on: January 15, 2011, 06:43:22 PM »

COOKIE, Her name is Allison Norwood. I don't know her age. The family lives in Lovington, NM. I had a feeling about Shawn when I read it too, but I have seen nothing to connect him to it.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #771 on: January 15, 2011, 06:44:14 PM »

I am more curious about how Shawn's black shirt arm turns the color of Billie's jacket after it drapes around her neck than I am Hailey's attitude in the pic (although it sounds like Hailey didn't care for Shawn).

See what I mean?   

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:47:07 PM by klaasend » Logged
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #772 on: January 15, 2011, 06:44:39 PM »

It is Corey's sister. She has been missing since November.

welllll...alrighty then...Corey's sister is missing, Hailey is missing and they both knew Shawn right? a connection or just a wild coincidence?  hmmmmm

thanks fanny Mae for the reply...xxx

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #773 on: January 15, 2011, 06:45:59 PM »

I am more curious about how Shawn's black shirt arm turns the color of Billie's jacket after it drapes around her neck than I am Hailey's attitude in the pic (although it sounds like Hailey didn't care for Shawn).

I think that his arm is just under her arm with just his hand coming out..

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #774 on: January 15, 2011, 06:56:38 PM »

That's how it looks to me to KLAAS.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #775 on: January 15, 2011, 06:57:43 PM »

That's how it looks to me to KLAAS.

his hand is the higher hand..hers is lower than his..

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #776 on: January 15, 2011, 06:58:12 PM »

I agree.

Janet

_____

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #777 on: January 15, 2011, 07:05:07 PM »

Missed you too Cookie  Corey is the cousin and IIRC is in the videos with Shawn. Corey's sister is said to have run away in November.

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #778 on: January 15, 2011, 07:06:27 PM »

I agree, the arm pit of her jacket is covering his sleeve/arm up making it look as though Billie has an extra arm.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #779 on: January 15, 2011, 07:14:08 PM »

IMO

Janet

RE: Billie's job.

Was a licensed nurse until two years ago.
Do we know why she lost her license?  Did she do something wrong or not keep up with education hours or didn't have money to renew license or didn't renew timely (as you can see by my questions, I really don't know anything about nurse's licenses).
Do we know where she worked as a nurse?  Is it the same facility that she's now working as a secretary?  TIA

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.