April 28, 2024, 01:25:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #2 1/12/11 - 1/17/11  (Read 170828 times)
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #900 on: January 17, 2011, 09:34:46 AM »

I see Marybeth is friends with Robert Adkins on FB!  Does it mean anything you think?  Isn't it on his wall that he said (talking about HD missing)something like "i talked to your mom and she's not mad"?  I'll go look.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #901 on: January 17, 2011, 09:43:36 AM »

Robert Adkins
Haily i miss u i want you to come home your mom whants u home we love u were stil looking ur mom said shes not mad she just wants her baby back i hope you read this love you
January 2 at 8:23pm via

You can go to his FB and scroll down cause it says he 'dated' her from 3 to 6th grade!  WTF?  Dating at that age?  Yeah, it happens now.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #902 on: January 17, 2011, 09:46:50 AM »

Robert Adkins
Haily i miss u i want you to come home your mom whants u home we love u were stil looking ur mom said shes not mad she just wants her baby back i hope you read this love you
January 2 at 8:23pm via

You can go to his FB and scroll down cause it says he 'dated' her from 3 to 6th grade!  WTF?  Dating at that age?  Yeah, it happens now.

for some reason, in grade school now kids are saying that they are dating if they are crushing on each other..of course they aren't really dating ...I just know from the 7 yr olds in my grand daughters neighborhood that that is what they say...we discourage it but they still say that..and that they break up if they decide to just be friends... must pick it up from some of the tv shows I guess..

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #903 on: January 17, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »

TV and HOME!  I never experienced a broken home (God Bless those who have)and for the life of me can not and will not understand all these women who just bring home this man and that man AND encouraging them to call them daddy!  I know several women who have actually had a child to keep a man and of course that is the first thing the man runs from but they bring in new bf after new bf.  What is wrong with them?  I know people make mistakes and once or twice you might think new bf is the one but 4, 5, 6, new daddy's?  Most of the girls/women I know come from homes/moms that did the very same thing or divorced when the child was in their preteen or early teens and just went crazy.  Poor kids, unless they have a good head on their shoulders they tend to repeat the same behavior.  So sad.  Even if my hubby left me I know for a fact I could not bed men in my home in front of my child.  He means everything to me!  Gotta go to work and I hope you Monkeys have a wonderful day and we find Hailey today.  God Bless!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: January 17, 2011, 10:18:18 AM »

UPDATE: Another Big Country Teen Goes Missing

<snipped>

Monday Update:
The mother of the missing male acquaintance in this case says his name in Khodie Garza.
According to Ballingernews.com, Khodie was last seen at the skating palace in Ballinger about 8:45 pm. Saturday

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331917
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #905 on: January 17, 2011, 11:15:19 AM »

Here are some more clues to the "family dynamics' (note: Christi Adkins now Christi Walker is SA's mother)
 http://www.genealogybuff.com/tx/scurry/webbbs_config.pl/noframes/read/62

Rudy Norwood
1932-2001
Rudolph Harold Norwood, a resident of Dunn, died Sunday, Aug. 26, in the Veteran Administration Hospital in Big Spring after a lengthy illness.
Funeral service for Mr. Norwood, 68, is set for 10 a.m. Tuesday in the Bell-Cypert-Seale Funeral Home Chapel. The Rev. Norman Burgess, pastor of the Dunn Baptist Church, will officiate. Burial will follow in the Dunn Cemetery.
Born Dec. 9, 1932 in Tallahassee, Fla., he married Renee Nail on Sept. 24, 1968 in Big Spring.
A member of the Dunn Baptist Church, Mr. Norwood was an auto mechanic in the U.S. Air Force for 21 years.
He was preceded in death by two sisters.
Survivors include his wife, Renee Norwood of Dunn; three daughters, Debbie Cargill of Mountain Home, Ark., Christi Adkins of Colorado City and Carla Norwood of Snyder; four sons, Rudy Norwood Jr. of Odessa, Colton Norwood of Sand Springs, Charles Norwood of Magnolia and Matt Taggartt of Abilene; two sisters, Rou Meil Greene and Jean Shields, both of Tallahassee; a brother, Morris Norwood of Tallahassee; 11 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Family visitation will be held from 6 to 8 this evening at Bell-Cypert-Seale Funeral Home.

Hi Monkey's,

If you want to fish     Fishing
Please remember the links are not fully loaded.

https://familysearch.org/s/collection/list (scroll to Texas)

Texas Marriages, 1837-1973

https://familysearch.org/s/collection/show#uri=http://search-api:8080/searchapi/search/collection/1681052&hash=Mrd8SMocDIIen2Q83tu%252B82PRagg%253D

Texas, County Marriage Index, 1837-1977

https://familysearch.org/s/collection/show#uri=http://search-api:8080/searchapi/search/collection/1803987&hash=Mrd8SMocDIIen2Q83tu%252B82PRagg%253D

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #906 on: January 17, 2011, 01:01:13 PM »

I heard Billie say on NG that she's now working as a secretary - but I didn't hear "where".  Does anyone know where she works now?

I'm pretty sure Billie works at a hospital/nursing home. I took it to mean she was a unit secretary, someone who answers the phone and helps keep up with the paper work, etc. Some one else here said she has no contact with patients. I don't remember who said it and I have no link. So I guess I better add, JMO.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #907 on: January 17, 2011, 02:03:09 PM »

I see Marybeth is friends with Robert Adkins on FB!  Does it mean anything you think?  Isn't it on his wall that he said (talking about HD missing)something like "i talked to your mom and she's not mad"?  I'll go look.
I saw that too. I am not sure if there is any relation to Shawn. Did you see where "mrs jones" (Clint's momma) was sort of questioning him about when and how he knew Hailey? The post to me sounded sort of accusatory imo but it is hard to tell what someone means sometimes by a post.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: January 17, 2011, 02:11:45 PM »

Sighting of Girl Matching Hailey Dunn's Description 1/17/10

Scurry Co. - It’s been three weeks to the day since 13-year-old Hailey Dunn went missing from Colorado City.
Today, there were reports that some sighted a girl with Hailey’s description in Mitchell County.
Its the latest in hundreds of leads that officials are still following this afternoon.
Deputies in Scurry County tell us they were alerted by Mitchell County that a girl matching Hailey’s description got into red car heading into Scurry County on Highway 208.
Officials say they were never able to locate the red car.

This past weekend authorities searched an Abilene landfill.
Officials say the search has been completed and was unsuccessful.
Since Hailey’s disappearance, law enforcement agencies and dozens of volunteers have been searching for her.
Anyone with information is urged to call the tip line at 325-728-5294

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23386
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #909 on: January 17, 2011, 02:12:56 PM »

Hailey's Story Continues on Nancy Grace

Monday night's Nancy Grace show on HLN will feature our raw interviews with Shawn Adkins, a suspect in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.

According to a sensationally-worded episode promotion on Facebook, the show will center on last Friday's search of Abilene's landfill, which turned up empty.

"Breaking now -- cadaver dogs reportedly hit on a possible scent at a landfill now closed off by police during the search for missing 13-year-old cheerleader Hailey Dunn.  Have investigators found the missing teen cheerleader's remains? Nancy Grace live on the scene at 8 pm ET only on HLN."

The Nancy Grace show has followed the story since Jan. 3, giving national exposure to a missing person case that without an Amber Alert may not have been followed outside the West Texas region.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332046
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #910 on: January 17, 2011, 02:14:35 PM »

Dunn Investigation Still Zeroing In On Adkins

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer tells bigcountryhomepage.com Monday that Shawn Adkins continues to be the major focus of their investigation into the disappearance of Hailey Dunn.
Adkins is the boyfriend of the missing 13-year-old's mother. Investigators believe Adkins was the last person to see Hailey on Monday, December 27 at their home on Chestnut Street in Colorado City. Adkins is the only person to be named as a suspect in her disappearance.

Kampfer says investigators are following up on several leads they received over the weekend. Kampfer says those leads can't be released at this point.

Shortly after 10:00 a.m. Monday, law enforcement in Scurry County was on the lookout for a vehicle carrying someone a witness believed to be Hailey. The initial tip was given to authorities in Mitchell County. Numerous officers searched up and down Highway 208 and were unable to locate the vehicle matching the description.

Adkins has been holed up in home in the town of Dunn since failing a polygraph exam on Wednesday, January 5. He and other "persons of interest" in the case are under 24-7 surveillance by law enforcement.

Though authorities have labeled Adkins a suspect, he has not been arrested. Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer said law enforcement likely needs to discover more evidence before charging him with a crime.

On a daily basis, volunteer searchers gather outside the home where Adkins is staying for a short time. Volunteers have been doing this almost daily. Those involved in the search tell KTAB's Victor Sotelo they walk near the home to "make their presence felt."

Officials now say the information that leads to Hailey's safe return is $15,000.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332017
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #911 on: January 17, 2011, 02:16:04 PM »

Day 21: Residents Unite in Search for Hailey  (with video)

Colorado City, TX -   Monday marks exactly three weeks since 13-year-old Hailey Dunn vanished. The case was first labeled a runaway. 21 days later, it appears to be anything but that.
Hailey was last seen by her mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, on Monday, December 27 at their home on Chestnut Street in Colorado City. Adkins is the only person to be named as a suspect in her disappearance.

Over the weekend, no new information was provided by law enforcement that indicated they're any closer to finding Hailey -- or arresting one of their "persons of interest."

As volunteers continue to scour Scurry County for any signs of her, people all around the area are vowing to help the cause in any way they can.

Residents in the small town of around 4,000 said this is the biggest and most talked-about incident in the town's history, and it's bringing people in the community closer together than ever before.

MORE...

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331927
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #912 on: January 17, 2011, 02:17:49 PM »

Hailey's Best Friend: I Don't Know What to Do Without Her  (with video)

Hailey's best friend is devastated by her disappearance.

"I don't know what to do without my best friend," said Heather Ruth, missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn's best friend. "I just want her back home."

Heather said since third grade the girls have been inseparable. They have three classes together at school and are on the cheer squad together. Heather said it's been horrible with her gone.

"I'm just confused and scared and lonely and need my best friend," she said.

Heather said she has searched everywhere she can think of and can't find the missing girl. She said although it has been almost three weeks she won't give up.

"I am going to see my best friend again," Heather said.

She said she misses everything about Hailey and those memories give her the hope to keep the search alive.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331936
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #913 on: January 17, 2011, 02:19:24 PM »

'False alarm' reported in case of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn

A possible sighting of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn was a false alarm, officials with the task force said this morning.

Investigators received a tip that Hailey was spotted in a pickup on Highway 208 near Dunn,, which is 10 miles north of Colorado City.

“They checked out a possible sighting, but there was no substance to it,” said Pete Kampfer, city manager in Colorado City who is acting a spokesman for law enforcement in the case.

Hailey, 13, was reported missing by her mother Billie Dunn on Dec. 28.

Kampfer said investigators continue to follow up and work on leads in the case and have been searching in Mitchell, Howard, Nolan and Scurry counties.

Volunteers, including the Taylor County Sheriff’s Posse, combed several areas in south Scurry County Sunday but turned up nothing.

So far, investigators have not searched bodies of water, such as Lake Colorado City. Kampfer said no leads have been received that warrant law enforcement to drag the lake.

Kampfer reiterated that the case is now predominantly a criminal investigation.

Last week, Shawn Adkins, the live-in boyfriend of Billie Dunn, was named a suspect in the case.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/17/false-alarm-reported-case-missing-colorado-city-te/
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #914 on: January 17, 2011, 02:51:14 PM »

Hailey's Best Friend: I Don't Know What to Do Without Her  (with video)

Hailey's best friend is devastated by her disappearance.

"I don't know what to do without my best friend," said Heather Ruth, missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn's best friend. "I just want her back home."

Heather said since third grade the girls have been inseparable. They have three classes together at school and are on the cheer squad together. Heather said it's been horrible with her gone.

"I'm just confused and scared and lonely and need my best friend," she said.

Heather said she has searched everywhere she can think of and can't find the missing girl. She said although it has been almost three weeks she won't give up.

"I am going to see my best friend again," Heather said.

She said she misses everything about Hailey and those memories give her the hope to keep the search alive.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331936
Heather looks like such a cute young girl....I think she really misses her friend and would help in any way to get Hailey home but it also looks like they were on Heathers computer a lot...I wonder if Heather ever fell asleep before Hailey and perhaps that Haleigh stayed up on the computer? Sometimes instant message pop ups from strangers just pop out of nowhere especially on yahoo messenger...it has happened to me before saying that they want to chat...I click decline but I am not 13 either...i think that they should check the computers of every friend that she went to their house on a regular basis at JMO
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #915 on: January 17, 2011, 02:55:42 PM »

Thanks NORTHERN, for all the links. I don't know why it does, but it chaps my azz for the City Manager to be the spokesman for the police in Colorado City. First off, I will be honest, I don't like him and his suave attitude. But surely the PD has someone who has the ability to talk for the department. Did I read the CCPD has an interim police chief, or am I dreaming it? The City Manager's job is to keep thing running smoothly and present a good face for the town he represents. I always feel he his trying to downplay the seriousness of Hailey being missing and really wants to promote Hailey being a runaway. I know this will not bode well with the Texas Monkeys, but surely to God they could get a better spokesman than Trooper Sparky. I expect him any moment to say "Shazam!"

Well, I do I want Hailey to be a runaway. I would be ecstatically happy and would be the first apologize to Shawn for thinking he had murdered her and Billie for thinking she had helped cover it up. (I would not, however apologize for criticizing their lifestyle, for it would have been why Hailey ran away in the first place.) But the truth of the matter is it is coming up on four weeks since she has last been seen, and it's time to call it what it is. A homicide investigation. Sorry City Manage Pete Kampferr, But your town has been involved in this. I want the real popo to say what's going on, and not your cleaned up version. JMO

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #916 on: January 17, 2011, 03:03:42 PM »

JSM~If yo pop in, I have a question. Are LPN's in Texas required to take CE, and if so can they take them online? I ask because in order to keep my license we are required to go to a testing center every 2-3 yrs and take the NASD CE on the testing center computer, we are fingerprinted, need 2 forms of ID and they watch you like a hawk.....but, we are also required to take CE credits every yr, and the hours vary somewhat but we take those on our computer online and to be honest, thay are impossible to fail If you get the question wrong, they just ask you again so if you right your answers down on the ones you fail-then when you take that section again you just refer to your notes and voila, you pass. I have known ppl that even let others take the test for them since they are so time consuming, but there is no way to do that on the NASD test that are taken at the centers.

Just curious.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #917 on: January 17, 2011, 03:22:30 PM »

Thanks NORTHERN, for all the links. I don't know why it does, but it chaps my azz for the City Manager to be the spokesman for the police in Colorado City. First off, I will be honest, I don't like him and his suave attitude. But surely the PD has someone who has the ability to talk for the department. Did I read the CCPD has an interim police chief, or am I dreaming it? The City Manager's job is to keep thing running smoothly and present a good face for the town he represents. I always feel he his trying to downplay the seriousness of Hailey being missing and really wants to promote Hailey being a runaway. I know this will not bode well with the Texas Monkeys, but surely to God they could get a better spokesman than Trooper Sparky. I expect him any moment to say "Shazam!"

Well, I do I want Hailey to be a runaway. I would be ecstatically happy and would be the first apologize to Shawn for thinking he had murdered her and Billie for thinking she had helped cover it up. (I would not, however apologize for criticizing their lifestyle, for it would have been why Hailey ran away in the first place.) But the truth of the matter is it is coming up on four weeks since she has last been seen, and it's time to call it what it is. A homicide investigation. Sorry City Manage Pete Kampferr, But your town has been involved in this. I want the real popo to say what's going on, and not your cleaned up version. JMO
[/quote Fannie Mae , let me tell ya I am from Texas and I see it exactly the way that you do ! I don't think that many of us Texas monkeys care much for Sparky either. You had me cracking up with the Shazam ! lmao...I kept trying to think of a word to describe the impression he gives me and now I have one ! I agree with your post 100 % 

FTLOG Please let them step aside and get TES in there !!!!
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #918 on: January 17, 2011, 03:25:13 PM »

Sorry Fannie Mae...I ended up in your post somehow

Fannie Mae , let me tell ya I am from Texas and I see it exactly the way that you do ! I don't think that many of us Texas monkeys care much for Sparky either. You had me cracking up with the Shazam ! lmao...I kept trying to think of a word to describe the impression he gives me and now I have one ! I agree with your post 100 % 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #919 on: January 17, 2011, 03:37:53 PM »

Sorry Fannie Mae...I ended up in your post somehow

Fannie Mae , let me tell ya I am from Texas and I see it exactly the way that you do ! I don't think that many of us Texas monkeys care much for Sparky either. You had me cracking up with the Shazam ! lmao...I kept trying to think of a word to describe the impression he gives me and now I have one ! I agree with your post 100 % 

We all do it. Believe it or not I myself have been guilty. 

I love Texas! I love Texans! I love Texas Cowboys, even if they live in Dallas and never ride on the range. I love the clothes, and the smell of Leather boots and vests. I love Texas hats. I still have two.  I have a "Don't Mess with Texas" bumper sticker in my collection and a hat pin saying the same thing. I have friends in Texas. I love the Texas accent and the way of life. So I'm not dissing Texas or Texans. I just think they could do better in the investigation for Hailey. It's been way to long to leave Tess on hold.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.