June 16, 2024, 02:43:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #2 1/12/11 - 1/17/11  (Read 173868 times)
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: January 14, 2011, 09:41:32 PM »

ITA Kat, I think LE has a reason to search the landfill that is not just to exclude the possibility something may have ended up there. I've been in the Solid Waste Industry for many years. Not in collection, but Landfills and Transfer Stations.

One thing I wanted to point out; The grid search method is only going to be as good as the data supplied. What I mean is, most landfills keep some sort of records on daily fill sequences. For instance we record fill elevation coordinates daily (GPS) in our manager's log. If our site were approached and we were asked where waste was placed on a specific day, we could easily do that based on our records. However, not all facilities record that info on a daily basis. Kind of what Kat was talking about in the Zahra case, the mattress was not in the *grid*.

The machine at the landfill which is excavating the waste is not a backhoe, but an excavator. If they utilize a dog and that particular piece of equipment they should be able to make quick progress.

God bless Hailey, I am just heartsick. So many adults failed her ...

www.websleuths.com

Thank you helper.

If the dogs are there and they have accurate records at the landfill..then it will be just a matter of time to either find Hailey or know they are searching the wrong grid.

Yes..so many adults failed Hailey..what is this world coming to when adults can not or will not care for the children.  CPS agencies across the nation say they are under staffed and over whelmed with complaints.   Children are all our futures..what legacy are we preserving for the next generation of this world? 

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
helper
Scared Monkey

« Reply #581 on: January 14, 2011, 09:44:59 PM »

No Confirmation If Police Found Evidence Or Remains In Abilene LandfillBy Jacqueline Hince, KTXS News
POSTED: 6:31 pm CST January 14, 2011
EmailPrintAAAText SizeUPDATED: 8:23 pm CST January 14, 2011
ABILENE, Texas -- Law enforcement did not confirm if they found any evidence on missing teen Hailey Dunn, after spending Friday searching through the Abilene Landfill.

KTXS was told cadaver dogs got two "hits" at the landfill, prompting the investigation.

This, as city officials release that Shawn Adkins has been upgraded to a suspect.

KTXS cameras took to the skies Friday, to get an aerial view of an intense investigation going on at The Abilene Landfill.

Abilene police confirmed members of the criminal investigation division were out searching for Hailey Dunn.

Bulldozers and more than a dozen people in white coats were sifting through the trash.

We're told that often trash from Colorado City is transported to Abilene.

Also new Friday, Shawn Adkins has been upgraded to a suspect in the case.

But in an AP exclusive interview Friday, Adkins denied all the accusations and said he would "never ever do anything to harm Hailey."

Friday, KTXS asked Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer, who has been a liaison between police and media why if all documents and investigations seem to point to Adkins, have no arrests been made, "At this point I don't know and I haven't talked to persecutor and or command post about their needs and desires on an effecting arrest, in a lot of these cases you need a body or something, evidence to say there's foul play, you know that Hailey is deceased."

Kampfer says though the investigation is almost solely criminal, he tells residents not to abandon the missing persons case yet, "Don't give up on that information or that portion of the investigation."
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26500349/detail.html
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #582 on: January 14, 2011, 09:46:04 PM »

Looking at some of the lists of what papers were printed out, I noticed the reference to "cryptograms" being associated with ICP.  However, one of the sites listed is for Marty Stuart, and if you google it - you just get word games on Marty Stuart's website.  These cryptograms are definitely the cleanest/most wholesome things on the page.  I mean.... Marty Stuart is squeaky clean.  So I don't know where at that point they're combining cryptogram word games with ICP.  I mean, yes - cryptogram has the word "crypt" in it - but it's a far FAR stretch from there to Marty Stuart.  Does anyone know what the heck they're talking about?
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #583 on: January 14, 2011, 09:47:59 PM »

http://www.startribune.com/nation/113601019.html?elr=KArks%3ADCiUMEaPc%3AUiD3aPc%3A_Yyc%3AaUoD3aPc%3A_o8P77Ur

Home | Nation

APNewsBreak: Mom's boyfriend says he had nothing to do with disappearance of Texas teen
By BETSY BLANEY , Associated Press

Last update: January 14, 2011 - 6:19 PM
0Comments +Add commentPrint this story
E-mail this story

0diggsdiggMore from Nation
■Doctors amputate Zsa Zsa Gabor's right leg
■Report: Women should be allowed in combat units
■Obama to ease Cuba travel restrictions
■NJ police officer dies in shooting; no arrest made
■Obama administration ends high-tech border fence
DALLAS - A man named as a person of interest in the case of a missing 13-year-old girl from West Texas said Friday that he is not responsible for her disappearance.

Shawn Adkins, 25, told The Associated Press he would "never ever do anything to harm Hailey" Dunn, whose mother reported her missing Dec. 28 in Colorado City, a 4,500-resident town about 240 miles west of Dallas. Adkins was then the live-in boyfriend of Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother.

Adkins said he prays daily for Hailey's safe return.

Billie Dunn told police that Adkins said he last saw the teen Dec. 27. According to police, Dunn said Adkins told her Hailey said she was walking to her father's home nearby and then to a friend's house where she was spending the night. The middle school cheerleader did not arrive at either location.

Colorado City's city manager, Pete Kampfer, said Friday that Adkins still is among several people of interest in the investigation but declined to offer details about any others. No one has been arrested in the case.

Kampfer, who is serving as Colorado City's police spokesman on the case, said several law enforcement agencies are actively searching for the teen, including police, the Texas Rangers and FBI.

"They assure me they check out every lead," Billie Dunn told the AP on Friday. "They're not just looking at him (Adkins). Anything could have happened.

"But I don't feel like they're getting anywhere with anything," she said. "It's been 18 days."

Dunn has denied any involvement in her daughter's disappearance. She said she asked Adkins to move out of their home Jan. 5.

"When I asked him to leave the house, he was just crying a lot, saying `You know me. You know I love you and David,'" Hailey's 16-year-old brother, Dunn said. "'You know that I would never hurt you.'"
Dunn said Friday she had not exchanged text messages with Adkins in a few days.

Adkins told the AP he loves Hailey and that his life has been "flipped upside down" since her disappearance.

"I struggle so hard just to make it through the day," he said. "I can't begin to imagine what Hailey's family, especially her parents and brother are going through."

Adkins said police have misquoted him in affidavits.

In one, police said Adkins at first was "very positive" about Hailey, but that as time went on he indicated she was promiscuous and used drugs. Adkins denied that Friday. He said he had told police Billie and Hailey Dunn had discussed birth control and that he had told investigators the teen was "boy crazy."

Her father, Clint Dunn, has said Hailey is popular, isn't into boys or drugs and "she's just a good ol' American girl."

Another affidavit said police disputed Adkins' assertion that he went straight to visit his mother in Big Spring, some 40 miles west of Colorado City, after he left work at 6:10 a.m. on Dec. 27. Police said cell phone records indicated he had been in Colorado City between 6:35 a.m. and 6:56 a.m. On Friday he again said he had gone straight to his mother's house that day.

More than 100 billboards featuring Hailey's picture, information about the case and a law enforcement phone number have been set up along interstates in West Texas and elsewhere. The girl is described as white, 5-foot-1, 120 pounds, with hazel eyes and brown hair with blondish streaks.

Dunn said it's been a difficult time.

"I don't know whether she's safe, I don't know whether she's hurt," Dunn said. "I don't know if she's somewhere wondering 'Why hasn't my mom found me?' That's the hardest.

She said she also wanted people to know her daughter is more than "the cheerleader," noting Hailey also plays volleyball, basketball and softball and is a first chair saxophone player in the school band

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: January 14, 2011, 09:50:59 PM »

it is zoned pickup different sections everyday of the week so depending on that section it could have been picked up on Monday

Thanks. I guess that would be the same for dumpsters?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #585 on: January 14, 2011, 09:51:16 PM »

OOPS~I sjould have refreshed first.....Cartfly, have you told your teen his find of those videos are everywhere now. Great find, disgusting as the band and lyrics but still great little sleuther you have there.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: January 14, 2011, 09:54:15 PM »

HELPER, who has the dumpster service in Colorado City. Would it be Allied?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #587 on: January 14, 2011, 10:09:08 PM »

Trying to catch up..
Don't know if this video was posted..

Case - EXCLUSIVE - Shawn Adkins using ILLEGAL DRUGS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_l5z0gp3gg&feature=player_embedded
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: January 14, 2011, 10:13:41 PM »

Abilene Therapist Weighs in on Shocking Adkins Videos  (WITH VIDEO)

Guns, knives, and drugs plastered all over the internet with Shawn Adkins face.

With the recent discovery of some youtube videos, tt appears the suspect is heavily involved with these types of activities.

A warning, some of the sites and sounds of the video you are about to see may be disturbing to some viewers.

Some new images of what appears to be Shawn Adkins getting high on a boat. Facebook users say they are disturbed with what they see.

In a seperate youtube video, it appears that Adkins is holding a giant knife with some type of animal heart in the opposite hand. The text on top of this image includes profanity, but basically says, "If you mess with us...We'll remove your heart."

"What it looked like to me was two kids were playing trying to act as if they were bad," says Dr. Marc Orner.

Orner watched both videos and doesn't believe the contents pose an inherent threat to anyone,"Of course, anybody can all of a sudden act out and do something violent, but something like that just looks like some kids are trying to be stupid."

Whether or not these videos have anything to do with the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, Dr. Orner says they likely will be a useful tool for law enforcement, "They would use that to try and get a better understanding of the individual and it would give them something to answer more questions."

Dr. Orner also adds that people should not pass judgement on these two videos because there could be more even more incriminating ones or that these could completely harmless.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331676&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #589 on: January 14, 2011, 10:22:28 PM »

Trash could have also been picked up on Tuesday as Hailey was not reported missing until that afternoon. Wonder about the dumpster where SA works? Or BD works?

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: January 14, 2011, 10:22:56 PM »

UPDATED 9:08 p.m.: Search for Hailey Dunn expanded to Abilene landfill
Cadaver dogs used for search

Law enforcement officials in hazardous materials suits and cadaver dogs sifted through piles of trash at a landfill north or Abilene on Friday in the search for missing Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn.

Allied Waste, a local division of Republic Services, was contacted last week by the FBI and the Abilene Police Department regarding officials' intent to search the landfill for a missing person, according to Peg Mulloy, Republic Services' media relations manager.

"This is a police matter," Mulloy said in an e-mail Friday afternoon, "and we have no information about the details of the search itself."

Mulloy said authorities had been searching the site since Thursday. Later, Pete Kampfer, city manager of Colorado City who also has served a spokesperson for his cit's police department, told the Reporter-News that the search at the landfill had been completed.

At least a dozen people in protective suits were seen Friday afternoon looking through garbage at the landfill. A track loader scooped debris into smaller piles to be examined.

Kampfer confirmed that cadaver dogs from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice also were searching the landfill.

Cadaver dogs are trained specifically to detect the scent of decomposing bodies.

Abilene police Sgt. Craig Jordan confirmed local law enforcement's involvement in the search, but declined to comment further about the nature of the search, which ended Friday as darkness fell on the landfill.

News of the search came shortly after Kampfer declared Shawn Adkins a suspect and the primary person of interest in Hailey Dunn's disappearance.

Adkins, the former boyfriend of Hailey's mother, Billie Jean Dunn, reportedly was the last person to see the girl. He has since left the household and is believed to be staying in Dunn, a community about 15 miles north of Colorado City, under law enforcement surveillance.

The 13-year-old was reported missing by her mother Dec. 28.

The landfill search comes as part of almost three weeks of investigation into the Dunn case. More than a dozen law enforcement agencies have been involved in searching more than 30 square feet of land — both by foot and from the air — for the missing girl, according to Kampfer.

The Allied Waste site is where trash collected in Colorado City is brought, Mulloy said, and the landfill staff was cooperating with the FBI and local law enforcement to ensure that no members of the news media are allowed within the area being searched.

Those bringing items to the landfill, however, were allowed to do business but in another part of the landfill.

Law enforcement officials consistently have said all aspects of Hailey Dunn's disappearance would be investigated, including the possibility that she had run away, or that criminal activity may be involved.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/14/shawn-adkins-declared-suspect-case-hailey-dunn/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: January 14, 2011, 10:26:53 PM »

Mom's boyfriend 'person of interest' in Hailey Dunn case

The search for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn from Colorado City continues.
According to a news release Wednesday afternoon, the Task Force, consisting of 12 law enforcement agencies, is continuing the search efforts for the teenage girl. Hailey was reported missing by her mother, Billie Jean Dunn, on Dec. 28, and she was last seen by Shawn Adkins, Dunn's boyfriend, on Dec. 27.
Investigators continue to reiterate that the investigation, while it does involve a missing person, is criminal. "While evidence uncovered suggests elements of criminal activity, the task force continues to aggressively investigate all leads and tips."
Information unveiled at a press conference on Wednesday was that persons of interest are under 24-hour surveillance. Later in the evening, reports surfaced that Shawn Adkins is among those listed as "persons of interest."
An affidavit released to the public earlier this week cites disturbing statements made by Adkins and frightening details of his life, as well as a timeline of Adkins' whereabouts leading up to and after Hailey's disappearance. The affidavit also states questionable behavior from Hailey's mother, Billie Jean Dunn, during a polygraph test. Documents also state both Adkins and Dunn as being under the influence of narcotics before being denied one of several polygraph tests, and they hosted a party on New Year's Eve, only days after Hailey's disappearance.
The search efforts have led officials back into Dunn, Texas, the small town north of Colorado City, for a second neighborhood canvas. Multiple counties are being searched by foot as well as aerial. Also, past abduction reports from up to a 100-mile radius are being reviewed.
Other reports from past burglaries, "peeping toms" and similar situations are being used to help develop leads. Even sex offenders are being actively questioned throughout the investigation. More interviews of friends, family members and neighbors continue to be conducted by officials as well.
Law enforcement officials still urge the public to remain vigilant and continue to reach out to the public for assistance in the case. The news release states, "The media attention to this search has assisted law enforcement officials in identifying witnesses."
Anyone with information on Hailey's whereabouts are asked to contact the Colorado City Police Department at 325-728-5294 or 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678).

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/moms-boyfriend-person-interest-hailey-dunn-case
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #592 on: January 14, 2011, 10:34:40 PM »

Trying to catch up..
Don't know if this video was posted..

Case - EXCLUSIVE - Shawn Adkins using ILLEGAL DRUGS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_l5z0gp3gg&feature=player_embedded

Hi JG~Good to see you

Cartfly's teenager found those, she posted them here last night and within minutes they were viral....quite a lil monkey in groming she has sleuthing huh?

This case reminds me of so many mixed together but so much more like HaLeigh Cummings Mz Nancy took a liking to Billie and I swear she sounds just like she did when she had Ron Cummings on the show, makes me wanna hurl.....also family is obviously drug users on both sides and actually that is the best thing I could say about them, more than likely.......well you know the worst 

[
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #593 on: January 14, 2011, 10:43:31 PM »

Hailey's Mom Angered at Boyfriend's Refusal to Cooperate

Reported by: Laura Kellerman
Friday, January 14 2011

Shawn Adkins isn't cooperating with investigators in the case of missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, according to Hailey's mom, Billie Dunn.

Billie Dunn had been dating Adkins for more than two years and had recently moved him into her home.

Adkins was named a suspect in the girl's disappearance this morning.

"It makes me really mad and it frustrates me," she said.  "He needs to be talking and cooperating."

When asked to address Adkins directly, Dunn spoke with great emotion.

"Shawn, if you have nothing to hide, I really wish you would talk to he investigators and would get this cleared up," she said.
Dunn said she thinks it's a possibility that Adkins had something to do with Hailey's disappearance on Dec. 27, but her gut leans more toward abduction by a stranger.

"We live right near I-20, and that's something that has scared me," she said.  "Hailey was home alone that day."

Dunn doesn't know what her future will with Adkins will be.  For now, she has eliminated contact with him.
oh puleeez>>>>>>>>>??? (bbm)

"I never through he could hurt me or the kids, but now I just don't know," she said.  "If he did hurt my daughter I would be disgusted by that and would never speak to him again and hope he'd get what he deserves." you think?? dumb a**

With each passing day, Dunn loses more and more hope of finding Hailey.

"I with I could be optimistic all the time, but it's hard."

Edit to add link per cartfly.  MB
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331666

BBM~I wonder why she qualified that....kinda hedging again.

I caught her in yet another lie last night , and one that is so easily verifiable I think she must be a compulsive liar, when Nancy was asking her how old she was and how old SA was, she stated 25, 26......obviously he is 25 according to his b/d. Surely she knows this after 3 yrs

She has lied so much her panties should be on fire everytime she speaks!

Billie Dunn has known, IMO, every since she went to LE to report her daughter missing, who was responsible and what happened.  She is trying to save her own sorry butt now. too little, and too late.  I have no feelings about her other then she has known what happened since day one..err..night one..and gave her live in a few hours of ahead time to get rid of the body.  I feel nothing for Billie in all this..she knew what was happening and did not put a stop to it by moving this predator out of her home.  Instead she gave him axxess to her daughter..which fueled his and his friend's fantasys.  Mark my words..we will not find this child in one peice.

Good evening Monkey's,

Did I read that she walked out on her Third LDT?  I read it today, perhaps it was the newly released Affidavit's.

He is under a 24 Surveilance. It must be tough living with GG (under her surveilance) and going outside and knowing you are being watched.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #594 on: January 14, 2011, 10:55:24 PM »

Question: If a cadaver dog is trained to hit on cadavers, could it also get a hit on a piece of evidence used against the victim? Or a piece of the victim's clothing maybe?

I'm just wondering if a body isn't found, could the cadaver dog hits have really hit on something the victim came into contact with? Maybe a weapon, piece of fabric, anything?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: January 14, 2011, 10:57:56 PM »

Question: If a cadaver dog is trained to hit on cadavers, could it also get a hit on a piece of evidence used against the victim? Or a piece of the victim's clothing maybe?

I'm just wondering if a body isn't found, could the cadaver dog hits have really hit on something the victim came into contact with? Maybe a weapon, piece of fabric, anything?

Body fluids of a corpse could cause a hit without a body.  As in the Caylee Anthony case and the trunk of the car and/or the back yard.  I would also think clothing or sheets or anything the body had come into contact with.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: January 14, 2011, 10:58:08 PM »

Also, is the cadaver dog trained to only search for cadavers...or is it trained to search for a specific person's scent? Like, would the dog be able to differentiate between Hailey or somebody else if it's a cadaver dog and not a search & rescue dog?
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #597 on: January 14, 2011, 11:07:46 PM »

Body fluids of a corpse could cause a hit without a body.  As in the Caylee Anthony case and the trunk of the car and/or the back yard.  I would also think clothing or sheets or anything the body had come into contact with.

Klaas, thanks. That's what I thought. My mind automatically went right back to Caylee. My husband has a friend that's a canine cop. He's handled cadaver dogs, as well as sar dogs. Right now he's heading up our county narcotics task force and is handling a narcotics dog. I never knew the difference until Caylee's case. I just couldn't remember what the rule of thumb was with landfills bc I remember there was some info regarding methane hits & stuff.

Helper, do you happen to know where certain hospitals & medical offices take their waste? Would it be the same landfills as the general public utilizes? If so, do the hospitals have their own area? Thanks for all the local information you're providing.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: January 14, 2011, 11:09:13 PM »

Also, is the cadaver dog trained to only search for cadavers...or is it trained to search for a specific person's scent? Like, would the dog be able to differentiate between Hailey or somebody else if it's a cadaver dog and not a search & rescue dog?

Any cadaver
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #599 on: January 14, 2011, 11:12:19 PM »

Any cadaver

Omg. Thanks again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.