April 23, 2024, 01:12:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #3 1/17/11 - 1/22/11  (Read 168243 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2011, 04:26:43 PM »

Kampfer: Report of Dunn Evidence in Landfill Not Accurate

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer says reports that dogs searching landfills turned up evidence in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn are not accurate.
Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer says while dogs got two "hits," nothing has been confirmed as evidence in the case.

An Associated Press report titled "Landfill Search Yields Clues in Missing Dunn Case?" has circulated across the country on the websites of television stations and newspapers. In the report, Kampfer is cited as saying dogs "turned up evidence." Kampfer says he can't confirm that.

Investigators combed through trash at Allied Waste Services Friday, and law enforcement deemed the search "unsuccessful."

Trash from Colorado City is transferred to Abilene, Odessa, or Snyder, Kampfer previously told bigcountryhomepage.com.

Texas DPS Senior Trooper Sparky Dean says many landfills in the vicinity of Colorado City have already been searched. Dean said searches of this nature are not uncommon in missing persons cases that may involve criminal activity.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332606
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2011, 04:28:20 PM »

So Kampfer said that evidence was found.  Now he is saying he CAN NOT CONFIRM that evidence was found.  He has not said that nothing was found.  Kampfer and Sparky are looking more and more like two of the 3 stooges IMO.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2011, 04:29:47 PM »

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332606

Kampfer: Report of Dunn Evidence in Landfill Not Accurate

Reported by: Bigcountryhomepage.com Staff Reports
Tuesday, January 18 2011

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer says reports that dogs searching landfills turned up evidence in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn are not accurate.

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer says while dogs got two "hits," nothing has been confirmed as evidence in the case.

An Associated Press report titled "Landfill Search Yields Clues in Missing Dunn Case?" has circulated across the country on the websites of television stations and newspapers. In the report, Kampfer is cited as saying dogs "turned up evidence." Kampfer says he can't confirm that.

Investigators combed through trash at Allied Waste Services Friday, and law enforcement deemed the search "unsuccessful."

Trash from Colorado City is transferred to Abilene, Odessa, or Snyder, Kampfer previously told bigcountryhomepage.com.

Texas DPS Senior Trooper Sparky Dean says many landfills in the vicinity of Colorado City have already been searched. Dean said searches of this nature are not uncommon in missing persons cases that may involve criminal activity.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2011, 04:30:16 PM »

Search Of Landfills Did Turn Up Some Evidence In Hailey Dunn Disappearance

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) -- A spokesman for the investigation into a missing 13-year-old West Texas girl says dogs searching one of three landfills turned up evidence in the case even as hope remains for her safe return.

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer declined to elaborate Tuesday on what was found or why the landfill in Abilene was searched in the disappearance of Hailey Darlene Dunn.

Abilene is 70 miles east of Colorado City, where the girl went missing last month.

Kampfer says searchers also used cadaver dogs in the Colorado City and Snyder landfills.

Hailey was reported missing Dec. 28 by her mother, Billie Dunn. The woman's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, said he last saw Hailey a day earlier.

No one has been arrested. Adkins has been named a person of interest in the case.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26530508/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2011, 04:32:32 PM »

I think they found something
I think Kampfer told reporters
I think when Sparky got wind of Kampfer flapping his gums about it he flipped his flint
I think Sparky told Kampfer to take it back
I think they need help

all JMO
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2011, 04:34:28 PM »

I think when Sparky got wind of Kampfer flapping his gums about it he flipped his flint
I think they need help

all JMO

Bingo
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2011, 04:36:16 PM »

I think they need help

all JMO

Bingo

I think we have some of this going on 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2011, 04:40:15 PM »

I think they need help

all JMO

Bingo

I think we have some of this going on 

and some of this

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2011, 04:40:56 PM »

Texas landfill search finds clues in disappearance

LUBBOCK, Texas — An official says dogs searching a landfill have turned up evidence in the case of a 13-year-old West Texas girl reported missing nearly three weeks ago.

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer declined to elaborate Tuesday about what had been found during a recent search of the landfill in Abilene, about 70 miles east of Colorado City.

Hailey Darlene Dunn was reported missing from Colorado City on Dec. 28.

Kampfer says landfills in Colorado City and nearby Snyder also have been searched. But he says investigators have not given up on bringing Hailey home unharmed

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/texas-landfill-search-finds-807952.html

I don't have a map.  Is this landfill on the route that Shawn took from Colorado City to Big Springs on the morning of December 27, 2010?

Thanks.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2011, 04:49:08 PM »

LUBBOCK, Texas — An official says dogs searching a landfill have turned up evidence in the case of a 13-year-old West Texas girl reported missing nearly three weeks ago.

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer declined to elaborate Tuesday about what had been found during a recent search of the landfill in Abilene, about 70 miles east of Colorado City.

Kampfer says landfills in Colorado City and nearby Snyder also have been searched. But he says investigators have not given up on bringing Hailey home unharmed

I don't have a map.  Is this landfill on the route that Shawn took from Colorado City to Big Springs on the morning of December 27, 2010?

Thanks.

Janet

Big Springs is to the west of Colorado City and Abilene is to the east.

Colorado City is between the two but closed to Big Springs
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2011, 04:56:58 PM »

Thanks.

Janet

Thanks Northern Rose

How far is Abilene from Carson City?  Has the time that Shawn arrived at his mother's house on the morning of December 27th been revealed?

Thanks

Janet

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2011, 05:00:39 PM »

Thanks.

Janet

Thanks Northern Rose

How far is Abilene from Carson City?  Has the time that Shawn arrived at his mother's house on the morning of December 27th been revealed?

Thanks

Janet

Janet

Carson City?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2011, 05:05:01 PM »

self-edit - my last post

Carson City s/b Northern Rose

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2011, 05:06:01 PM »

self-edit - my last post

Carson City s/b Colorado City

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2011, 05:13:08 PM »

self-edit - my last post

Carson City s/b Colorado City

About 70 miles
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2011, 05:21:40 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

Has there been any cell phone pings that has placed Shawn in the Abilene area.

What led authorities to the landfill in Abilene?

Janet

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2011, 05:24:19 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

Has there been any cell phone pings that has placed Shawn in the Abilene area.

What led authorities to the landfill in Abilene?

Janet

Garbage from Colorado City is taken there.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2011, 05:26:46 PM »

Hailey Dunn Update: Landfill Search Yields Evidence in Case of Missing Texas Girl

LUBBOCK, Texas (CBS/KTAB/AP) Dogs searching a landfill have turned up evidence in the case of Hailey Dunn, the 13-year-old West Texas girl reported missing in late December, a spokesman for the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

PICTURES: Hailey Dunn Missing

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer declined to elaborate about what had been found during a recent search of the landfill in Abilene, about 70 miles east of Colorado City, where Hailey  Dunn was reported missing.

"It's a sensitive part of the investigation," Kampfer said. "The cadaver dogs did hit on items at the landfill."
He said landfills in Colorado City and nearby Snyder also have been searched.

"We have not given up on the idea she is a runaway or something along those lines of a missing person," Kampfer said. "We don't want to do that. If there's a small chance that she's still out there alive we want to keep up our effort to find her."

Details about the case have been scarce until last week, when a town official named her mother's former live-in boyfriend as one of several people of interest in the case.

Hailey was reported missing Dec. 28 by her mother, Billie Dunn, whose boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, said he last saw Hailey a day earlier when she told him she was going to her father's nearby home and would stay overnight with a friend. She did neither.

Police affidavits released this week offer a few details, but suggest the teen's mother and her live-in boyfriend lied and gave contradictory statements to investigators. Both have strongly denied involvement in Hailey's disappearance and claimed they were misquoted by police.

Officials have said Adkins is among several people of interest, but they declined to offer details about any others. Adkins told AP on Friday that he had nothing to do with the girl's disappearance and said he prays daily for her safe return.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20028817-504083.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2011, 05:29:07 PM »

Two Private Search Groups Arrive in Colorado City

Representatives from two private missing children's organizations have arrived in Colorado City to help in the search for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn – KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Center.

Brad Dennis, the Director of Search Operations for KlaasKids Foundation’s National Search Center for Missing Children said he would be meeting with law enforcement throughout the day as well as Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn.  Dennis said he hoped to formulate a plan for how his group can assist in the search by the end of the day.

The Laura Recovery Center, based outside Houston in Friendswood, Texas, organizes community-based searches using very specific mapping and communication techniques.

The organization was founded in 1998, a year following the deadly abduction of 12-year-old Laura Smither.  Smither's body was recovered 17 days after her disappearance.  The organization was established to honor the volunteers, document and publish their effective search methods, and educate families, communities, and law enforcement in working together to prevent abductions.

The KlaasKids Foundation was established in 1994 in an effort to help protect children. The group's founder, Marc Klaas, is the father of murder victim Polly Hannah Klaas. He's regularly appears on the Nancy Grace show to discuss Hailey's case.

Dennis has over twenty years of experience in search and rescue and disaster response, according to klaaskids.org. He has managed search efforts for over 60 missing/abducted children around the country.

Officials now say the information that leads to Hailey's safe return is $15,000.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332626
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2011, 05:30:12 PM »

UPDATE: Possible Text from Hailey Being 'Held Close'

Tuesday, 3 p.m.
Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer now confirms there is a text message that is being looked into by authorities. He would not reveal additional information.

MORE....

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332277
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.