April 26, 2024, 08:12:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #3 1/17/11 - 1/22/11  (Read 168392 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: January 18, 2011, 10:19:10 PM »

National Search Groups Get Involved In Search For Hailey Dunn (with video)

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Tuesday, three weeks since Hailey was first reported missing, two national search organizations, the KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Center Foundation, got involved in the hunt.

This as Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer puts out an ad for two more police officers, to keep up the investigation.

There was a sense of renewed hope Tuesday, as the two search groups got involved.

The organizations have helped out in hundreds of cases and everyone's hope is that maybe they'll help here.

In a plea to local organizations Tuesday, KlaasKids Director of Search Operations Brad Dennis explained he's here to find Hailey.

Dennis has been involved in search and rescue for 26 years.

He says his job, is to come in, gather volunteers and train them how to effectively search for the missing teen, "To put some organization into this so that it is an effective way to monitor their (volunteer searchers) progress as well as provide feedback to law enforcement about that progress." explained Dennis.

KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Center Foundation came to Colorado City after a call from Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn. "I think it was a point and time the family was desperate, desperate for more answers more involvement," said Dennis.

Billie has not talked to KTXS, since we released the affidavit information.

Again Tuesday, a family friend told us she was too busy to talk.

Others in the community came forward, showing enthusiasm that the national search organizations are involved.

Tuesday, both the Colorado City Kiwanis Club and The Lions Club pledged more than $1,000 dollars to help feed search volunteers.

Kitten Arthur, with the Lion's Club told KTXS they were happy to help, "You know the communities been absolutely wrecked by what's happened to Hailey and everyone has contributed so much, we'll do whatever we can to help find her."

Meanwhile law enforcement are following any and all leads.

Tuesday afternoon on Interstate 20 near Mile Marker 281, officers collected evidence after a tip from volunteer searchers.

We later were told the evidence may not amount to anything.

To keep up the investigation, Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer is hiring two new police officers, to be paid for out of the city's budget, "So that we can make sure nothing falls through the cracks, or that we don't have insufficient manpower to continue the investigation."

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26532721/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2011, 10:20:19 PM »

Spokesman: Evidence 'may have' been found at Abilene landfill in case of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn

Colorado City – The search of the Abilene landfill last week may or may not have turned up evidence involved in the Hailey Dunn case, said Pete Kampfer, city manager in Colorado City and a spokesman for the task force.

“You can say they may have found evidence,” Kampfer said adding that there has been no confirmation by task force officials whether anything was found during the search of the Allied Waste Services landfill last Thursday and Friday.

About a dozen officers from the Abilene Police Department searched through debris and cadaver dogs, trained in locating human remains, were on the scene as well.

The search for Dunn, a 13-year-old cheerleader is primarily a criminal investigation Kampfer said.

“But we are still looking at the missing person aspect of the case,” he said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/18/spokesman-evidence-may-have-been-found-case-missin/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2011, 10:21:39 PM »

National Foundations Call For Volunteers To Help Search Wednesday

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- The KlaasKids Foundation and the Laura Recovery Center Foundation are working together, and asking for volunteers to help get out and search for missing teen Hailey Dunn.

The two groups arrived in Colorado City Tuesday afternoon, more than 3 weeks after the teen was last seen.

After meeting with family and law enforcement, they plan to start training volunteers and begin an organized search Wednesday.

Though volunteers have been out searching for weeks now, the two national groups hope to combine resources and train volunteers on how to search areas, and what to do if they find anything. They also want to teach them how to keep in contact with law enforcement, so that volunteers are covering as much ground as possible.

If you want to volunteer, you are asked to meet at the Colorado City Civic Center Wednesday morning at 10 a.m.

KlaasKids requires you to be over the age of 18 to help, that you provide photo I.D, and they ask you to dress appropriately.

They say they will spend time training and then head out to begin searching for Hailey Dunn.

Also, if anyone would like to donate water or food to volunteers, you can drop donations off at the Colorado Civic Center Wednesday morning as well

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26532786/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: January 18, 2011, 10:23:10 PM »

KlaasKids sets up operations in Colorado City Civic Center in search for Hailey Dunn

Officials from the KlaasKids Search Center began setting up local operations at the Colorado City Civic Center this afternoon to assist in the hunt for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, who has been missing for more than three weeks.

Brad Dennis, director of the search center for the KlaasKids Foundation, arrived Monday night. Today, he has been meeting with law enforcement officials and Dunn’s family to coordinate the search efforts.

“We are going to manage the search,” Dennis said of volunteer efforts to find the teen. “Then we will be training local people to do what we do.”

All volunteers will be asked to register at the Civic Center starting at 10 a.m. Wednesday. Dennis said that all volunteers must show identification, be in good health and be dressed appropriately for the environment.

The KlaasKids Foundation was started by Marc Klaas in 1994 after the abduction and murder of his daughter Polly and is dedicated to assisting with searches for missing children.

Dennis, a retired Navy master chief petty officer, has managed search efforts for more than 60 missing children across the country.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/18/klaaskids-sets-operations-colorado-city-civic-cent/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: January 18, 2011, 10:26:11 PM »

Witness: Boy Spotted with Dunn on Day of Disappearance (with video)

A woman who lives around the corner from Hailey Dunn said she saw her with an unfamiliar boy on December 27th, the last day anyone saw her.

Jean Burroughs watched Hailey and her brother grow up.

"David and her were always together, and they always played with my grandkids," she said.

She said she saw Hailey walk past her beauty salon on 19th Street in Colorado City countless times. However, on December 27th, she claims she saw Hailey walking with a six or seven-year-old boy she didn't recognize.

"That's why I was looking at her so strong when she was going down the alley, trying to figure out if I knew that kid. But I didn't know him," she said.

Burroughs claims she watched the pair walk down the alley that leads to the Dunns between 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 that afternoon.

Billie Dunn mentioned Burroughs on the Nancy Grace Show Monday night.

"There's also another lady, Jean Burroughs, a neighbor of ours whose grandchildren grew up with our kids. She says she saw her Monday," Dunn said.

If the sighting is confirmed, it would debunk any theory that Shawn Adkins took Hailey the morning of December 27th.

Cell phone records show Adkins' cell phone pinging from Big Spring from just after 9:30 a.m. until 2:40 p.m. that day.

Jean said she has no idea what could have happened to the 13-year-old, but she's keeping the Dunn family in her prayers.

Police haven't said much about the little boy who was with Hailey that day.  Burroughs said investigators told her he was too young to be considered a valid witness.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332696
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: January 18, 2011, 10:27:18 PM »

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332706

Grace: Investigators Need Body to Make Arrest

Reported by: Bigcountryhomepage.com Staff Reports
Tuesday, January 18 2011

Tuesday's episode of "Nancy Grace" on HLN again focused on the search for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. The Colorado City teen has been missing for more than 3 weeks.

During the broadcast, Grace noted that law enforcement needs to find a body or bodily fluid to make an arrest. The show also noted forensic testing was underway on bedsheets from Hailey's room.

These developments have all been previously confirmed by KTAB News and bigcountryhomepage.com. Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer has been saying authorities need evidence of a crime to make an arrest. That evidence would include a body.

Grace also reported investigators were looking into whether Adkins had access to sulfuric acid at his job in Snyder. Adkins worked for WSI. Grace's reporters speculated that he might have used the acid to dispose of a body.

Grace and her panel of reporters and producers also discussed the alleged 2 p.m. text message that came from Billie Dunn's phone of the day of the disappearance. According to producers, the text read, "what are you doing?" Kampfer tells bigcountryhomepage.com they are looking at a text message, but he can't comment on the content of the message or when it was received.

From something Billie said previously on Nancy Grace, I got the impression the police didn't take those sheets right away. She said they had come back several times and took things after at first treating Hailey as a runaway. My question is, how many times could those sheets have been washed in the interim. I suspected one of the things Shawn was doing that day in a locked house was washing the sheets and cleaning up anything else. Those sheets may not have been the ones she went to bed on that Sunday night.

I check each of the transcripts from the Nancy Grace Shows that had Billie Dunn as a guest.  The following quote is the only mention of sheets until tonight's show.

Janet

++++++

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 13, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: Let`s go out to Billie Dunn. Why weren`t there sheets on her bed?

BILLIE DUNN: The investigators took her sheet off. I`d asked them to use the sheet for the dogs to get the scent, but I think they kept it.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

I know. That is why I don't think the LE took them right away. Someone on the thread said something about the sheets not being on the bed when we first saw the pictures of her bedroom. But we have no real idea when the pictures were taken. I think they were taken by a news crew some time after the failed poly. Billie did say tonight she hadn't noticed they had been taken right away. That's why her statement about asking to keep them for the dogs made no sense. I am not sure when the dogs were first used to track Hailey. I am also wondering if cadaver dogs were ever used inside the house before the sheets were taken.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #206 on: January 18, 2011, 10:37:09 PM »

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332706

Grace: Investigators Need Body to Make Arrest

Reported by: Bigcountryhomepage.com Staff Reports
Tuesday, January 18 2011

Tuesday's episode of "Nancy Grace" on HLN again focused on the search for 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. The Colorado City teen has been missing for more than 3 weeks.

During the broadcast, Grace noted that law enforcement needs to find a body or bodily fluid to make an arrest. The show also noted forensic testing was underway on bedsheets from Hailey's room.

These developments have all been previously confirmed by KTAB News and bigcountryhomepage.com. Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer has been saying authorities need evidence of a crime to make an arrest. That evidence would include a body.

Grace also reported investigators were looking into whether Adkins had access to sulfuric acid at his job in Snyder. Adkins worked for WSI. Grace's reporters speculated that he might have used the acid to dispose of a body.

Grace and her panel of reporters and producers also discussed the alleged 2 p.m. text message that came from Billie Dunn's phone of the day of the disappearance. According to producers, the text read, "what are you doing?" Kampfer tells bigcountryhomepage.com they are looking at a text message, but he can't comment on the content of the message or when it was received.

From something Billie said previously on Nancy Grace, I got the impression the police didn't take those sheets right away. She said they had come back several times and took things after at first treating Hailey as a runaway. My question is, how many times could those sheets have been washed in the interim. I suspected one of the things Shawn was doing that day in a locked house was washing the sheets and cleaning up anything else. Those sheets may not have been the ones she went to bed on that Sunday night.
Just curious, but is Luminol still used by investigators? What might be the protocol to use this substance? For instance if they suspect something happened at Billie's home could forensics go in with Luminol? I know very little about the use of luminol and wondered if they did Luminol testing at the home if this might move this case along. I guess I just wonder what ole' Shawn was up to when he was caught "like a deer in headlights" when DD came through the window......

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: January 18, 2011, 10:42:38 PM »

GRACE: To Billie Dunn. This is Hailey`s mother joining us live there in her home. Billie, what did cops tell you about taking Hailey`s bed sheets?

DUNN: I just know when they came in and searched the house, they took a few things, which they`re more than welcome to take any and everything they need. I didn`t notice the sheet was missing for a couple of days. I did tell them to take it for the hounds, but, yes, they kept it and they can keep it, get anything they need.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/18/ng.01.html

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: January 18, 2011, 10:44:43 PM »

GRACE: To Billie Dunn. This is Hailey`s mother joining us live there in her home. Billie, what did cops tell you about taking Hailey`s bed sheets?

DUNN: I just know when they came in and searched the house, they took a few things, which they`re more than welcome to take any and everything they need. I didn`t notice the sheet was missing for a couple of days. I did tell them to take it for the hounds, but, yes, they kept it and they can keep it, get anything they need.

This was from tonight NANCY GRACE SHOW.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: January 18, 2011, 10:57:12 PM »

I believe that location that the 2:00 PM text originated is the the catalyst that will  reveal Shawn's guilt or innocence.

Janet

++++++

The December 27th 2:00 PM Text Message

NANCY GRACE
Mystery Text in Missing Hailey Dunn Case
Aired January 18, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: And back to you, Alexis Weed. The pings off the boyfriend`s cell phone -- and everybody, I`m just asking questions about this live-in boyfriend. He`s now moved out. Billie Dunn told him to leave. He has apparently cut off contact to her. I`m not saying he`s the only person that should be looked at, but I`ve got a lot of questions about his behavior.

Alexis Weed, I want to talk very quickly -- let me see the map, Liz, of the pings. Do the pings tell us where he was at 2:00 PM that day?

WEED: They tell us that between the hours of 9:38 in the morning and 2:40 in the afternoon, that Shawn Adkins was pinging around the Big Spring, Texas, area. That`s where his grandmother lives. But before that, Nancy, between the hours of 6:35 and 6:56 in the morning, that`s when he was pinging around Colorado City where Hailey`s -- Hailey`s home is located.

GRACE: So at 2:40 PM, I`ve still got him at his mother`s house, right?

WEED: Right.

GRACE: Now, question. Back to you, Jean Casarez. Let`s talk about this 2:00 PM text from Hailey`s phone. Where did it ping? Where did it ping?

CASAREZ: That`s very interesting. Where did it ping from? We don`t know.

GRACE: Because, listen, you see where I`m going, Jean.

CASAREZ: Yes, I do.

GRACE: If the boyfriend had Hailey`s phone and he was faking that text, this innocuous, generic text, What are you doing, to a little friend of hers, he could have gotten that friend`s name out of the phone directory, if she had it in the -- it was a disposable phone. How do I know he didn`t send that? And if he did, where was he? If he was at his mom`s until 2:40, did that cell ping, that text ping from where his mother lived? Because if it did, he`s in a lot of trouble, Jean.

CASAREZ: That`s right. And otherwise, if it didn`t, if it pinged from the home in Colorado City, then maybe little Hailey Dunn was alive at that point.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2011, 10:58:24 PM »

No clue how to verify, but at WS there is a local stating that it is a FACT that Billie was a "dancer" at Jaguars Gentleman's Club......any locals to verify or deny??

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2011, 11:00:28 PM »

National Search Groups Get Involved In Search For Hailey Dunn (with video)

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Tuesday, three weeks since Hailey was first reported missing, two national search organizations, the KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Center Foundation, got involved in the hunt.

This as Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer puts out an ad for two more police officers, to keep up the investigation.

There was a sense of renewed hope Tuesday, as the two search groups got involved.

The organizations have helped out in hundreds of cases and everyone's hope is that maybe they'll help here.

In a plea to local organizations Tuesday, KlaasKids Director of Search Operations Brad Dennis explained he's here to find Hailey.

Dennis has been involved in search and rescue for 26 years.

He says his job, is to come in, gather volunteers and train them how to effectively search for the missing teen, "To put some organization into this so that it is an effective way to monitor their (volunteer searchers) progress as well as provide feedback to law enforcement about that progress." explained Dennis.

KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Center Foundation came to Colorado City after a call from Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn. "I think it was a point and time the family was desperate, desperate for more answers more involvement," said Dennis.

Billie has not talked to KTXS, since we released the affidavit information.

Again Tuesday, a family friend told us she was too busy to talk.

Others in the community came forward, showing enthusiasm that the national search organizations are involved.

Tuesday, both the Colorado City Kiwanis Club and The Lions Club pledged more than $1,000 dollars to help feed search volunteers.

Kitten Arthur, with the Lion's Club told KTXS they were happy to help, "You know the communities been absolutely wrecked by what's happened to Hailey and everyone has contributed so much, we'll do whatever we can to help find her."

Meanwhile law enforcement are following any and all leads.

Tuesday afternoon on Interstate 20 near Mile Marker 281, officers collected evidence after a tip from volunteer searchers.

We later were told the evidence may not amount to anything.

To keep up the investigation, Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer is hiring two new police officers, to be paid for out of the city's budget, "So that we can make sure nothing falls through the cracks, or that we don't have insufficient manpower to continue the investigation."

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26532721/detail.html

See, this is what has worried me about the unsupervised searchers. I know they mean well, and they have tried very hard and have been out there every day. They should be commended and not criticized.  But what if someone compromised evidence? Or God forbid, someone who is a friend of Shawn's is out there trying to find something to hide for him? It's just a big old area all around there, and lots of places to hide things.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: January 18, 2011, 11:01:58 PM »

The above January 18th words of Billie regarding the sheet is consistence with what she revealed to Nancy Grace on January 13th.

I also wish it was known when that LE took that sheet.  Does anyone know when the house was searched?  Thanks.

Janet

++++++

NANCY GRACE

BILLIE DUNN: The investigators took her sheet off. I`d asked them to use the sheet for the dogs to get the scent, but I think they kept it.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: January 18, 2011, 11:03:22 PM »

No clue how to verify, but at WS there is a local stating that it is a FACT that Billie was a "dancer" at Jaguars Gentleman's Club......any locals to verify or deny??

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: January 18, 2011, 11:06:06 PM »

The above January 18th words of Billie regarding the sheet is consistence with what she revealed to Nancy Grace on January 13th.

I also wish it was known when that LE took that sheet.  Does anyone know when the house was searched?  Thanks.

Janet

++++++

NANCY GRACE

On Nancy Grace one night she said the police had searched her house several times. No, I don't remember what night. Should I say to the best of my memory?  Monkey Devil!

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #215 on: January 18, 2011, 11:07:54 PM »

I asked this question before, but no one answered...thinking "we just don't know the answer".

Do we know if LE has searched Billie's house with cadaver dogs (especially, Hailey's bed)?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: January 18, 2011, 11:14:11 PM »

I asked this question before, but no one answered...thinking "we just don't know the answer".

Do we know if LE has searched Billie's house with cadaver dogs (especially, Hailey's bed)?

I don't think we know. I have asked myself. Just so many unanswered questions.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »

hmmm.. I think that Billie just messed up again..NG asked her when she saw Hailey last ..she says that she saw her around 10 or 11 in her bed and she was watching tv!! before, she said that she peeked in on her to "ease her mind" didn't touch her or anything, but peaked in on her...No mention that Hailey was watching tv at that time! and if your kid was still awake when you went in their room, or even before they went to bed, don't you tell your kid good night?? She messed up another story..she is good at doing that!

I believe I have this right:

Before Billie said she looked in on Hailey around 10:00 p.m. and Hailey was watching TV, and the next morning she peeked in Hailey's room and it looked like Hailey was asleep in bed, but that she didn't go over and touch her.  (I took that last bit about not touching Hailey as a response to previous questions from LE - I saw her in bed and LE asking did you go over and touch her and Billie said no.)

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2011, 11:19:25 PM »

I really don't know how Billie ever obtained her nursing license..she seems very slow and dense to me..sure wouldn't want her administering an iv to me! she would probably forget what she was supposed to put in there!

I don't know what Billie's drug history was before Shawn, but I have not a doubt in my mind that drugs played a big part of their relationship for the past two and a half years. The addiction of drugs and the addiction to Shawn would make her do many things she may not do before. She may have been a good nurse previously, but not renewing her license was probably one of many things she let go because of her addictions. The way she acts on TV she seems totally stoned to me. JMO

If that's true, then Billie did a good thing by non-renewing her nurses license. 

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2011, 11:19:53 PM »

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332786

Colorado City, TX -   KTAB News has obtained 911 calls made in February 2010 related to a domestic dispute during which, according to police affidavits, Shawn Adkins allegedly threatened to kill 13-year-old Hailey Dunn and her mother.
Adkins is the boyfriend of Hailey’s mother, Billie Dunn, and the only confirmed suspect in the girl’s disappearance. According to police, Adkins was the last person to see Hailey on December 27: the day she went missing.

According to search warrant affidavits filed after Hailey's disappearance, Adkins admitted to investigators that he threatened the lives of both Billie and Hailey during a domestic dispute.

The three 911 calls, obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, refer to threats made against Billie and her estranged husband, Clint, but not against Hailey.

In the first call, made to Colorado City police at approximately 11:30 a.m. on Feb. 14, Billie Dunn told a dispatcher that she was at work in Snyder and feared Adkins was going to enter her home and take something.

Dunn: “My boyfriend and I just broke up yesterday, but he’s saying that he’s going to go in my house and get his t-shirt and I don’t want him in there while I’m gone because I don’t know what he’ll take. I don’t trust him enough to go in there."

Dunn went on to tell dispatchers that she feared Adkins could take a television or her son’s X-Box. Dunn also revealed that she rarely locked the windows or doors.

The dispatcher told Dunn that it was not possible for an officer to stand by her house all day, but said she would inform police.

Three and a half hours later, Dunn made a second call to 911 claiming Adkins threatened her life.

Dunn: “I broke up with this guy a couple days ago and he’s a little ‘MHMR.' He’s telling me that he’s going to kill me and my ex-husband. And it’s going to be remembered for a long time.”

Dunn said Adkins made the repeated threats via text message.

“I texted back just to try and calm him down a little, but he said it’s going to happen.”

In a second portion of the call released to KTAB News, the dispatcher is heard telling the officer that it was Dunn making the request for assistance.

“(She has) been going all day,” the officer replied.

The third call was made from a Snyder police officer to Colorado City police around 4:30 p.m. on the same day, informing dispatchers that he had received a call from Adkins.

Officer: “We got a call over here from her boyfriend say that she’s possible suicidal, threatening to take a bunch of pills."

Dispatcher: “We’ve been having a big problem with those two all day.”

The affidavits signed on Jan. 7 say Adkins originally told authorities that he never threatened Hailey during the dispute, but that he then admitting to threaten the lives of both Hailey and Billie.

Click here to listen to the first 911 call made by Billie Dunn on 02/14/10

Click here to listen to the second 911 call made by Billie Dunn on 02/14/10

Click here to listen a 911 call made from Snyder PD to Colorado City PD about the Dunn/Adkins domestic dispute

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.