April 25, 2024, 08:28:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #3 1/17/11 - 1/22/11  (Read 168313 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: January 19, 2011, 04:23:25 PM »

False Rumors Spreading about Dunn's Whereabouts

Rumors circulating online that a body was found in a landfill are not true, Colorado City city manager Pete Kampfer said.

Kampfer, who has been acting as a spokesperson for the investigation, said his phone is blowing up with calls from people who heard that Hailey Dunn's body had possibly been discovered.

The false statements started on Facebook, Kampfer said. He called Bigcountryhomepage.com asking that we help squash the rumor.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333126
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: January 19, 2011, 04:26:34 PM »

Who is Hailey?

If you live in the Big Country and haven’t heard about the Hailey Dunn case, chances are you’ve been living under a rock. She’s been the focus of our newscasts for 3 weeks. Her face is on billboards and fliers statewide. Hundreds of people are looking for this 13 year old girl.

It dawned on me the other day that we’ve been so focused on the search, the investigation, the specifics of the last day she was seen and the only named suspect in the case Shawn Adkins, her mother’s live-in boyfriend, that we may have lost sight of who Hailey Dunn is.

By all accounts, she’s your typical teenage girl. One look around her room shows that. Pink walls, pillows that say “princess”, memorabilia from school tacked up on the walls.

It’s not a secret she is a cheerleader. She’s wearing her uniform in the picture on those billboards and fliers. And she loves to cheer.

But she also loves to play basketball, softball and volleyball and she's first chair saxophone player in the school band.

Her teachers say she’s a good student and very popular at Colorado Middle School.

Like most teenage girls, Hailey has a best friend, Heather. She loves having sleepovers. Heather says they like to stay up late listening to music and watching videos on YouTube.

We don’t know where Hailey is, but we know she isn’t doing any of the things she loves. Not cheering. Not playing basketball, watching videos.

She should be spending her evenings doing homework, playing with her siblings and friends, picking out what she’s going to wear to school tomorrow, practicing her cheers.

We all want answers. We are all praying for Hailey’s safe return. And if something bad has happened to her, we want the person responsible to be punished.

But mostly we just want this little girl to be able to be the fun-loving teenager we now know her to be. Every child deserves that.

If you know Hailey and want to share some stories about her, I'd love to hear them.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/news-blog-yellow-brick-lane/?nxd_id=333116
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: January 19, 2011, 04:30:34 PM »

Investigators mum on results of landfill search for missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn
City to add two officers to police force

COLORADO CITY — The search of the Abilene landfill last week may or may not have turned up evidence involved in the Hailey Dunn case, said Pete Kampfer, city manager in Colorado City and a spokesman for the task force investigating the teen’s disappearance.

“You can say they may have found evidence,” Kampfer said, adding that there has been no confirmation by task force officials about whether anything was found during the search of the Allied Waste Services landfill on Thursday and Friday.

About a dozen officers from the Abilene Police Department searched through piles of debris last week. Cadaver dogs, trained in locating human remains, were on the scene as well.

Also last week, investigators named Shawn Adkins, 25, the former boyfriend of Hailey’s mother, Billie Jean Dunn, as a suspect.

Adkins has declined repeated requests by the Reporter-News for interviews. He maintained his innocence in an interview last week with The Associated Press. Adkins has been staying at his grandmother’s home since Billie Jean Dunn asked him to leave on Jan. 5.

Kampfer said Adkins is under 24-hour surveillance by law enforcement.

On Tuesday, two men and a woman were seen coming out of the home of Adkin’s grandmother Renee Norwood, who lives in the community of Dunn, 10 miles north of Colorado City. The three unidentified individuals also were seen walking behind the Norwood house. The woman was seen holding a container and a latex glove.

Billie Jean Dunn made another appearance on TV personality Nancy Grace’s program Tuesday night on HLN.

“As long as I can believe Hailey’s alive, I’m going to believe that,” she told Grace. Billie Jean Dunn said authorities have seized the sheets from Hailey’s bed. Grace reported that police are investigating whether Adkins had access to sulfuric acid.

However, Kampfer said no such information has been released by police.

Kampfer said officials have not said whether they plan to make an arrest soon.

“A body or bodily fluid would certainly bolster the case,” Kampfer said, “but I do not know what the prosecutors are planning.”

Also on Tuesday, Kampfer announced that he would be adding two full-time police officers to the city’s force, which currently consists of six officers, including the interim chief. The jobs will pay between $30,000 and $35,000 depending on experience.

He said two patrol officers will be hired and that the positions are permanent.

“We were going to hire some more staff to work in the city,” Kampfer said.

The search for Dunn, 13, is primarily a criminal investigation, Kampfer said.

“But we are still looking at the missing person aspect of the case,” he said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/18/spokesman-evidence-may-have-been-found-case-missin/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: January 19, 2011, 04:34:10 PM »

Adkins' Lawyer: Phone Records Could Be Incorrect

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- The lawyer representing the only named suspect in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, Shawn Adkins, says that phone records placing Adkins in the vicinity of the Dunn residence early on Dec. 27, when he told authorities he was somewhere else, could be incorrect.

Fort Worth-based attorney Sidney Lyle told KTXS News on Wednesday that, in his own experience, phone records can show use in one area when the phone user was in a different location.

"Personally," Lyle said, "I've been in El Paso and had my phone records show I was in Mexico when I wasn't anywhere close to there."

Lyle said he hasn't seen any of the phone records whose details were released in affidavits concerning the Hailey Dunn investigation, He said, though, that "a 'ping' to a tower is not going to say to me he's there," referring to Adkins' phone indicating to towers where he was on the day Hailey went missing.

Lyle also said he was misquoted as saying Adkins' has been "wrongfully accused" – since there have been no official accusations.

He said Adkins has cooperated with law enforcement on more than one occasion and has volunteered all the information he knows to authorities.

On Tuesday Lyle had told KTXS News he wasn't going to speak publicly about his client or the on-going investigation until "some point in the future."

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26543967/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: January 19, 2011, 04:36:31 PM »

Volunteers Coordinating With Law Enforcement In Search For Hailey Dunn

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- About 50-55 people are combing areas near Colorado City, searching for missing teen Hailey Dunn, and, for the first time, in a search coordinated with law enforcement.

The groups of people are searching areas at the request of law enforcement authorities who are also following their leads.

The volunteers responded after both KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Project arrived Tuesday to help coordinate volunteer searches. KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Project are national organizations that help organize searches for missing children.

After a briefing at the Colorado City Civic Center, the volunteers split into two smaller groups to begin an organized grid search.

KTXS News has learned that Mark Klaas, the leader of his organization, will arrive in Colorado City this evening.

Volunteers are being asked to meet daily at the Colorado City Civic Center to join the search. Whenever 10 or more volunteers gather, they'll be sent out as part of the coordinated search, officials said.

The earliest search parties will be sent beginning at 9 a.m. Other search parties will be put together as volunteers gather throughout the day.

Thirteen-year-old Hailey has been missing since Dec. 27. Shawn Adkins, the former live-in boyfriend of Hailey's mother was the last person to see Hailey. Adkins has been named a suspect in the case.

We have a crew in Colorado City with the search team and will have the latest in the case tonight on KTXS News at Five and Six.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26541660/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: January 19, 2011, 04:38:13 PM »

Slideshow: Volunteer Groups Gather, Renew Search For Hailey Dunn

http://www.ktxs.com/slideshow/news/26543069/detail.html
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: January 19, 2011, 04:43:29 PM »

Investigators mum on results of landfill search for missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn
City to add two officers to police force

COLORADO CITY — The search of the Abilene landfill last week may or may not have turned up evidence involved in the Hailey Dunn case, said Pete Kampfer, city manager in Colorado City and a spokesman for the task force investigating the teen’s disappearance.

“You can say they may have found evidence,” Kampfer said, adding that there has been no confirmation by task force officials about whether anything was found during the search of the Allied Waste Services landfill on Thursday and Friday.

About a dozen officers from the Abilene Police Department searched through piles of debris last week. Cadaver dogs, trained in locating human remains, were on the scene as well.

Also last week, investigators named Shawn Adkins, 25, the former boyfriend of Hailey’s mother, Billie Jean Dunn, as a suspect.

Adkins has declined repeated requests by the Reporter-News for interviews. He maintained his innocence in an interview last week with The Associated Press. Adkins has been staying at his grandmother’s home since Billie Jean Dunn asked him to leave on Jan. 5.

Kampfer said Adkins is under 24-hour surveillance by law enforcement.

On Tuesday, two men and a woman were seen coming out of the home of Adkin’s grandmother Renee Norwood, who lives in the community of Dunn, 10 miles north of Colorado City. The three unidentified individuals also were seen walking behind the Norwood house. The woman was seen holding a container and a latex glove.

Billie Jean Dunn made another appearance on TV personality Nancy Grace’s program Tuesday night on HLN.

“As long as I can believe Hailey’s alive, I’m going to believe that,” she told Grace. Billie Jean Dunn said authorities have seized the sheets from Hailey’s bed. Grace reported that police are investigating whether Adkins had access to sulfuric acid.

However, Kampfer said no such information has been released by police.

Kampfer said officials have not said whether they plan to make an arrest soon.

“A body or bodily fluid would certainly bolster the case,” Kampfer said, “but I do not know what the prosecutors are planning.”

Also on Tuesday, Kampfer announced that he would be adding two full-time police officers to the city’s force, which currently consists of six officers, including the interim chief. The jobs will pay between $30,000 and $35,000 depending on experience.

He said two patrol officers will be hired and that the positions are permanent.

“We were going to hire some more staff to work in the city,” Kampfer said.

The search for Dunn, 13, is primarily a criminal investigation, Kampfer said.

“But we are still looking at the missing person aspect of the case,” he said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/18/spokesman-evidence-may-have-been-found-case-missin/

Have I said lately I think Kampfer is a full blown idiot?? "Yes it is!" No it isn't."  "Well maybe it is." "We found something." "No we didn't." "We think Hailey is a runaway." "But we are looking for her in the landfills." "We're hiring two more officers, then we will solve the case." "What time's dinner?" "Who's paying?"

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: January 19, 2011, 04:58:02 PM »

Slideshow: Volunteer Groups Gather, Renew Search For Hailey Dunn

http://www.ktxs.com/slideshow/news/26543069/detail.html

God bless them. The volunteers get out there every day and look.  an angelic monkey

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: January 19, 2011, 05:53:36 PM »

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332786

Colorado City, TX -   KTAB News has obtained 911 calls made in February 2010 related to a domestic dispute during which, according to police affidavits, Shawn Adkins allegedly threatened to kill 13-year-old Hailey Dunn and her mother.
Adkins is the boyfriend of Hailey’s mother, Billie Dunn, and the only confirmed suspect in the girl’s disappearance. According to police, Adkins was the last person to see Hailey on December 27: the day she went missing.

According to search warrant affidavits filed after Hailey's disappearance, Adkins admitted to investigators that he threatened the lives of both Billie and Hailey during a domestic dispute.

The three 911 calls, obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, refer to threats made against Billie and her estranged husband, Clint, but not against Hailey.

In the first call, made to Colorado City police at approximately 11:30 a.m. on Feb. 14, Billie Dunn told a dispatcher that she was at work in Snyder and feared Adkins was going to enter her home and take something.

Dunn: “My boyfriend and I just broke up yesterday, but he’s saying that he’s going to go in my house and get his t-shirt and I don’t want him in there while I’m gone because I don’t know what he’ll take. I don’t trust him enough to go in there."

Dunn went on to tell dispatchers that she feared Adkins could take a television or her son’s X-Box. Dunn also revealed that she rarely locked the windows or doors.

The dispatcher told Dunn that it was not possible for an officer to stand by her house all day, but said she would inform police.

Three and a half hours later, Dunn made a second call to 911 claiming Adkins threatened her life.

Dunn: “I broke up with this guy a couple days ago and he’s a little ‘MHMR.' He’s telling me that he’s going to kill me and my ex-husband. And it’s going to be remembered for a long time.”

Dunn said Adkins made the repeated threats via text message.

“I texted back just to try and calm him down a little, but he said it’s going to happen.”

In a second portion of the call released to KTAB News, the dispatcher is heard telling the officer that it was Dunn making the request for assistance.

“(She has) been going all day,” the officer replied.

The third call was made from a Snyder police officer to Colorado City police around 4:30 p.m. on the same day, informing dispatchers that he had received a call from Adkins.

Officer: “We got a call over here from her boyfriend say that she’s possible suicidal, threatening to take a bunch of pills."

Dispatcher: “We’ve been having a big problem with those two all day.”

The affidavits signed on Jan. 7 say Adkins originally told authorities that he never threatened Hailey during the dispute, but that he then admitting to threaten the lives of both Hailey and Billie.

Click here to listen to the first 911 call made by Billie Dunn on 02/14/10

Click here to listen to the second 911 call made by Billie Dunn on 02/14/10

Click here to listen a 911 call made from Snyder PD to Colorado City PD about the Dunn/Adkins domestic dispute

Billie did not report Shawn threatening Hailey ... only threatening her and Clint.  According to affidavits ....it was Shawn who apparently admitted to interrogators following the disappearance that he had threatened Hailey.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: January 19, 2011, 05:55:25 PM »

Bumped

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #330 on: January 19, 2011, 06:06:45 PM »

IM - you have been here long enough to know we ALWAYS want a link back to the source.  Now that link to the thread is useless unless we know where in the thread those comments were made.  I looked through that thread and since I am no longer a member at WS I can't search a members posts so I can't search Texasmom or that CzTGz person that is also supposed to be a local. 

That is why I said it was my condensed version of what I read and other posters asking questions....I didn't quote her because it happened over a several post that covered more than one page. I always thought we needed to link info that was a direct quote, news story etc., but I even forget those sometimes...Sorry, next time I will link back to the beginning of the post that started it, as opposed to every page of the thread it was on as that can be even more confusing.

CZTGZ didn't comment on this to my recollection, it was Texasmom and random other posters asking questions.

Island Monkey

Please stay off the KGB forum  They are stingy We are generous Monkey's

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: January 19, 2011, 06:11:30 PM »

Hailey's Older Brother Taken Into Temporary State Family Protective Custody

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- KTXS learned Wednesday that Hailey Dunn's older brother, David, has been taken into temporary custody of the state's Department of Family and Protective Services.

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer said it is common practice to remove a child when a situation like this occurs, just to protect David.

Meanwhile, also on Wednesday, for the first time, law enforcement worked with volunteer searchers and two national foundations to give them direction.

KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Center Foundation trained volunteers Wednesday morning how to go about searching for Hailey.

Hailey's father, Clint Dunn, joined the group of about 55 searchers, to offer up his support.

"I don't want to join in the search – I can't," he said. "I don't want to. It's just amazing seeing these people the community pull together like this."

He said he can't search because he's not willing to face what could be found in the fields.

Clint Dunn especially took time today to thank and motivate "Hailey's Angels," a name given to those who have searched for weeks now.

Out in the field, volunteers covered ground that law enforcement flagged to KlaasKids search director Brad Dennis.

KlaasKids plans to be here throughout the weekend, but officials say that's not when the search ends.

"You search until you get answers," Dennis said.

Local volunteers say the help is huge. "It's a lot more organized," said searcher Glenda Turner.

"I'm not as young as a lot of people, but I'm sticking it out and going to do it," said Shirley Crawford.

They all say they'll search until Hailey is found.

"Unfortunately, we are looking wooded areas, and anything your going to find out here is not something you want to find," Holly Jenkins said.

Meanwhile, law enforcement officials are keeping a tight lid on their investigation..

Kampfer did say the search in area landfills may not be over yet.

Volunteers will meet again Thursday morning at the Colorado City Civic Center.

Anyone is welcome to come join the search.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26545922/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: January 19, 2011, 06:16:33 PM »

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer said it is common practice to remove a child when a situation like this occurs, just to protect David.      

I may be losing my mind but I can not recall one case where a sibling was taken into temporary custody of the state's Department of Family and Protective Services.  Not Amber's sister, not Haleigh's brother, not coming up with one instance.  Even when they should be taken away they have not been.  Can anyone think of one case ...just one....as this is not "common" practice from the cases I have followed. 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: January 19, 2011, 06:21:49 PM »

I may be losing my mind but I can not recall one case where a sibling was taken into temporary custody of the state's Department of Family and Protective Services.  Not Amber's sister, not Haleigh's brother, not coming up with one instance.  Even when they should be taken away they have not been.  Can anyone think of one case ...just one....as this is not "common" practice from the cases I have followed. 

I totally agree with you. I can't think of any other case either. Sounds like the noose is tightening on Billie. As far as Kampfer, see my previous post..

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: January 19, 2011, 06:23:51 PM »

Is Billie going to be on Nancy Grace again tonight? This is beginning to feel like "Groundhog Day." 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: January 19, 2011, 06:25:53 PM »

Official: Contrary to widespread rumor, body not found in Coleman landfill

COLORADO CITY – A rumor that a body, possibly that of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn, had been found in the Coleman landfill is untrue, an official close to the investigation reported this afternoon.

Pete Kampfer, Colorado City city manager and spokesman for the investigation, said he has had no reports of any findings at the landfills, either in Abilene or in Coleman. The rumors apparently surfaced on Facebook.

“I am 100 percent sure that no body has been found in Coleman,” Kampfer said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/19/official-rumor-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: January 19, 2011, 06:27:08 PM »

I totally agree with you. I can't think of any other case either. Sounds like the noose is tightening on Billie. As far as Kampfer, see my previous post..

Billie?

What about Shawn?

Janet

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: January 19, 2011, 06:27:44 PM »

Is Billie going to be on Nancy Grace again tonight? This is beginning to feel like "Groundhog Day." 

drlillianglass Dr. Lillian Glass
Dr.Lillian Glass will be on Nancy Grace show tonight discussing missing Hailey Dunn & mother who's son drown in bathub while she was on FB
1 hour ago
http://twitter.com/#!/drlillianglass
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: January 19, 2011, 06:32:48 PM »

I agree.  It does not make sense.  Is David privy to more than has been revealed regarding his encounter with Shawn on the afternoon of December 27th.

Janet

+++++

EXCLUSIVE: Documents Point To Mother, Boyfriend In Hailey Dunn's DisappearanceBy Merlin Mann, KTXS News
POSTED: 9:54 pm CST January 11, 2011
UPDATED: 7:23 am CST January 12, 2011

December 27th - 4:00 PM

On the afternoon of Dec. 27 at about 4 p.m., Hailey’s brother David returned home.

According to his father, Clint Dunn, David arrived about 4 p.m. and pounded on the front door for about five minutes, and no one would let him in the door.

David then let himself into the house through a window, where David said he saw Adkins in a hallway with a “deer in the headlights look.”

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26459455/detail.html

_____

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #339 on: January 19, 2011, 06:33:24 PM »

Adkins' Lawyer: Phone Records Could Be Incorrect

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- The lawyer representing the only named suspect in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, Shawn Adkins, says that phone records placing Adkins in the vicinity of the Dunn residence early on Dec. 27, when he told authorities he was somewhere else, could be incorrect.

Fort Worth-based attorney Sidney Lyle told KTXS News on Wednesday that, in his own experience, phone records can show use in one area when the phone user was in a different location.

"Personally," Lyle said, "I've been in El Paso and had my phone records show I was in Mexico when I wasn't anywhere close to there."
Lyle said he hasn't seen any of the phone records whose details were released in affidavits concerning the Hailey Dunn investigation, He said, though, that "a 'ping' to a tower is not going to say to me he's there," referring to Adkins' phone indicating to towers where he was on the day Hailey went missing.

Lyle also said he was misquoted as saying Adkins' has been "wrongfully accused" – since there have been no official accusations.

He said Adkins has cooperated with law enforcement on more than one occasion and has volunteered all the information he knows to authorities.

On Tuesday Lyle had told KTXS News he wasn't going to speak publicly about his client or the on-going investigation until "some point in the future."

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26543967/detail.html
  So Mr Lyle doesn't know that EL PASO is a border town to MEXICO???? Am I missing something in this statement? TIA JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.