March 28, 2024, 04:55:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #3 1/17/11 - 1/22/11  (Read 167599 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #340 on: January 19, 2011, 06:34:36 PM »

Official: Contrary to widespread rumor, body not found in Coleman landfill

COLORADO CITY – A rumor that a body, possibly that of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn, had been found in the Coleman landfill is untrue, an official close to the investigation reported this afternoon.

Pete Kampfer, Colorado City city manager and spokesman for the investigation, said he has had no reports of any findings at the landfills, either in Abilene or in Coleman. The rumors apparently surfaced on Facebook.

“I am 100 percent sure that no body has been found in Coleman,” Kampfer said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/19/official-rumor-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/

Coleman? I thought they searched the landfills in Colorado City, Lubbock & Abilene.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #341 on: January 19, 2011, 06:35:46 PM »

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer said it is common practice to remove a child when a situation like this occurs, just to protect David.      

I may be losing my mind but I can not recall one case where a sibling was taken into temporary custody of the state's Department of Family and Protective Services.  Not Amber's sister, not Haleigh's brother, not coming up with one instance.  Even when they should be taken away they have not been.  Can anyone think of one case ...just one....as this is not "common" practice from the cases I have followed. 

Why wouldn't they just have his father take custody of David Dunn???  or an Aunt or Grandparent?
Why an agency?
I am very confused.

I totally agree with you. I can't think of any other case either. Sounds like the noose is tightening on Billie. As far as Kampfer, see my previous post..
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #342 on: January 19, 2011, 06:36:47 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It has been a long time since I jumped into someone else's box.
I am sorry.
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

« Reply #343 on: January 19, 2011, 06:37:42 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It has been a long time since I jumped into someone else's box.
I am sorry.

This is my comment wrt DD being taken into protective custody:

Why wouldn't they just have his father take custody of David Dunn???  or an Aunt or Grandparent?
Why an agency?
I am very confused.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: January 19, 2011, 06:37:52 PM »

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer said it is common practice to remove a child when a situation like this occurs, just to protect David.      

I may be losing my mind but I can not recall one case where a sibling was taken into temporary custody of the state's Department of Family and Protective Services.  Not Amber's sister, not Haleigh's brother, not coming up with one instance.  Even when they should be taken away they have not been.  Can anyone think of one case ...just one....as this is not "common" practice from the cases I have followed. 

I totally agree with you. I can't think of any other case either. Sounds like the noose is tightening on Billie. As far as Kampfer, see my previous post..

Billie?

What about Shawn?

Janet

It was Billie David was taken away from. We already know Shawn has been named a suspect.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #345 on: January 19, 2011, 06:39:48 PM »

Billie?

What about Shawn?

Janet

To me it appears that "the noose is tightening around billie" and was stated that way because if DD was taken in to state custody then his parent(s)/ gaurdian did something harmful/illegal! hence why billie was the only one mentioned
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #346 on: January 19, 2011, 06:42:39 PM »

Coleman is about 60 miles south of Abilene. I wonder if some of the trash from Colorado City is diverted to Coleman.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #347 on: January 19, 2011, 06:42:46 PM »

Adkins' Lawyer: Phone Records Could Be Incorrect

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- The lawyer representing the only named suspect in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, Shawn Adkins, says that phone records placing Adkins in the vicinity of the Dunn residence early on Dec. 27, when he told authorities he was somewhere else, could be incorrect.

Fort Worth-based attorney Sidney Lyle told KTXS News on Wednesday that, in his own experience, phone records can show use in one area when the phone user was in a different location.

"Personally," Lyle said, "I've been in El Paso and had my phone records show I was in Mexico when I wasn't anywhere close to there."
Lyle said he hasn't seen any of the phone records whose details were released in affidavits concerning the Hailey Dunn investigation, He said, though, that "a 'ping' to a tower is not going to say to me he's there," referring to Adkins' phone indicating to towers where he was on the day Hailey went missing.

Lyle also said he was misquoted as saying Adkins' has been "wrongfully accused" – since there have been no official accusations.

He said Adkins has cooperated with law enforcement on more than one occasion and has volunteered all the information he knows to authorities.

On Tuesday Lyle had told KTXS News he wasn't going to speak publicly about his client or the on-going investigation until "some point in the future."

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26543967/detail.html
  So Mr Lyle doesn't know that EL PASO is a border town to MEXICO???? Am I missing something in this statement? TIA JSM
He's angling for a position of expert witness on cell pings for Baez's duhfence team.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #348 on: January 19, 2011, 06:46:23 PM »

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- The lawyer representing the only named suspect in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, Shawn Adkins, says that phone records placing Adkins in the vicinity of the Dunn residence early on Dec. 27, when he told authorities he was somewhere else, could be incorrect.

Fort Worth-based attorney Sidney Lyle told KTXS News on Wednesday that, in his own experience, phone records can show use in one area when the phone user was in a different location.

"Personally," Lyle said, "I've been in El Paso and had my phone records show I was in Mexico when I wasn't anywhere close to there."
Lyle said he hasn't seen any of the phone records whose details were released in affidavits concerning the Hailey Dunn investigation, He said, though, that "a 'ping' to a tower is not going to say to me he's there," referring to Adkins' phone indicating to towers where he was on the day Hailey went missing.

Lyle also said he was misquoted as saying Adkins' has been "wrongfully accused" – since there have been no official accusations.

He said Adkins has cooperated with law enforcement on more than one occasion and has volunteered all the information he knows to authorities.

On Tuesday Lyle had told KTXS News he wasn't going to speak publicly about his client or the on-going investigation until "some point in the future."

So Mr Lyle doesn't know that EL PASO is a border town to MEXICO???? Am I missing something in this statement? TIA JSM
He's angling for a position of expert witness on cell pings for Baez's duhfence team.

I think someone on the thread posted Lyle's history and he isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. You can throw a rock and hit Mexico from El Paso.  Monkey Devil!

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #349 on: January 19, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »

Good one 4 donks!!!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: January 19, 2011, 06:47:04 PM »

4DONKS!   

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: January 19, 2011, 06:47:20 PM »

O/T I just posted links to an interview AY gave today about Zahara.  Have nothing near you that you can throw or is breakable when you watch them
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: January 19, 2011, 06:48:25 PM »

I think someone on the thread posted Lyle's history and he isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. You can throw a rock and hit Mexico from El Paso.  Monkey Devil!
I haven't seen his history Fanny, seems like he must be in the league with Baez in the idiot factor.  Monkey Devil!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: January 19, 2011, 06:51:07 PM »

I haven't seen his history Fanny, seems like he must be in the league with Baez in the idiot factor.  Monkey Devil!

I posted about him yesterday.  Not nice things said by a former client. 

Worst excuse ever for a lawyer needs to be disembarred

Client Review:
My family paid this guy to represent us an a civil case. Not only did he lie to us about ever filing any paperwork with the court but he had a default judgement brought against us which costed us the ENTIRE case, about 90,000 dollars, then he disappears with know way to reach him. If you would like to be screwed over then by all means hire sidney lyle of odessa tx.

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/79762-tx-sidney-lyle-101056/reviews.html#50121
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #354 on: January 19, 2011, 06:53:23 PM »

Client Review:
My family paid this guy to represent us an a civil case. Not only did he lie to us about ever filing any paperwork with the court but he had a default judgement brought against us which costed us the ENTIRE case, about 90,000 dollars, then he disappears with know way to reach him. If you would like to be screwed over then by all means hire sidney lyle of odessa tx.

Thanks Northern.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: January 19, 2011, 06:55:43 PM »

Client Review:

Why does the story read the guy is from Ft Worth, but the review is of Sidney Lyle in Odessa?? Did he move?

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #356 on: January 19, 2011, 06:55:44 PM »

Investigation narrows in case of missing Texas cheerleader

"Nancy Grace" has all the latest on the Hailey Dunn case. Tonight, 8.p.m. on HLN

CNN) -- A man authorities believe was the last person to see a missing Texas cheerleader is the focus of the investigation, but his attorney said Wednesday he is being wrongly accused.

Shawn Adkins, the live-in boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, is the only named person of interest in the girl's December disappearance, authorities said.

Adkins' attorney, Sidney Lyle of Odessa, told CNN affiliate KTAB in Abilene he has advised his client not to speak further with the media. Lyle did not respond to CNN's attempts to talk to him.

There have been no arrests in the disappearance of the Colorado City girl, 13, but police consider the case a criminal investigation. Two volunteer organizations have recently joined the search.

City Manager Pete Kampfer, who serves as spokesman for the police, told CNN Wednesday there are other persons of interest but "there are more things that relate" to Adkins. He would not provide specifics.

Affidavits in the case indicate Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, and Adkins failed polygraph exams on Hailey's whereabouts.

According to the affidavits, Adkins ended two polygraph exams by walking out. On the third try, he failed the initial part of the test, but he then "made a positive indication" that the girl could be found in Scurry County, Texas. Dunn said Adkins was on anxiety medication at the time of the first test.

Dunn was under the influence of narcotics on her first polygraph examination, and she failed the second, according to a law enforcement affidavit posted on the website of KTAB.

Adkins was the last person to see the eighth-grader on December 27 at Dunn's home, according to local reports. Colorado City -- a rural central Texas town with about 5,000 residents -- is about 70 miles west of Abilene, Texas. Hailey was reported missing by her mother December 28.

The Colorado City Police Department responded to a domestic dispute in February 2010 after Adkins allegedly threatened Billie and Hailey Dunn, the released documents show. Adkins confirmed he did make the threats, according to documents.

KTAB on Wednesday posted three 911 calls on its website from the February incident. The calls referred to threats made against Billie Dunn and her estranged husband, Clint, but not against Hailey, the station said.

In one 911 call, Billie Dunn said, "I broke up with this guy a couple days ago and he's a little 'MHMR.' He's telling me that he's going to kill me and my ex-husband. And it's going to be remembered for a long time."

MHMR can refer to "mental health and mental retardation."

Asked about the 911 calls, Kampfer said, "They add to the case against Shawn."

Investigators have found evidence both in Colorado City and in other locations, said Kampfer, a former special agent with the FBI.

Dunn has said she has no idea what happened to her daughter.

"Somebody knows where she is," she told HLN last week.

The mother told HLN's "Nancy Grace" Tuesday that investigators took bedsheets belonging to Hailey.

Kampfer would not confirm that, but did say Dunn was given an inventory list of items taken by police from the home.

Billie Dunn met Adkins on the MySpace social networking site more than two years ago, and he moved in with her several months ago. Kampfer described the family situation as unstable.

Hailey is 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs 120 pounds. She has hazel eyes and brown hair with blond streaks. When she disappeared, she was wearing navy blue sweatpants, a light-colored short-sleeve T-shirt and pink and white tennis shoes.

Investigators, meanwhile, continue to work through leads. "It's a smaller circle," Kampfer said of the evidence.

"We are growingly concerned about her status," he said of Hailey.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/19/texas.missing.cheerleader/index.html?section=cnn_latest
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #357 on: January 19, 2011, 06:58:51 PM »

I don't know JSM.  When Lyle first became SA's lawyer there was an article by another lawyer that stated Lyle was from Odessa.  KTAB reported he was from Odessa today as well.    Maybe he has two offices?

<snipped>

Attorney Sidney Lyle, of Odessa, spoke with bigcountryhomepage.com over the phone earlier today but declined requests to have the conversation recorded for playback.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332986
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #358 on: January 19, 2011, 07:03:59 PM »

Why did Shawn abruptly leave his workplace shortly following his arrival on the morning of December 27th?

Why was Billie unaware on January 3rd that Shawn had not been at work on December 27th?

Why did Shawn state that he quit and/or was fired as the reason he left work?

Janet

+++++

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 3, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: Tell me what happened the day she went missing, Miss Dunn.

DUNN: She went missing on Monday while I was at work. My boyfriend - - he came home from work about 3:00 -- or he got to my house about 3:00. And he`s seen Hailey. Hailey was there. She told him, I`m running across the street to my dad`s house for a few minutes but I`m going Mary Beth`s, and I`m staying the night there. Let my mom know.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/03/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 4, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: OK. Last night, didn`t you tell me he was on his way home from work, or did I just get that mistaken?

BILLIE DUNN: No, I said that. He went in Monday morning, but there was an argument. He was fired or there was just a big blow-up there. He walked out. He left his job by 6:30 in the morning and went to Big Spring (ph) to his mom`s house.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 12, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

WEED: His boss says that no, he wasn`t fired. That in fact he is a good employee and he just left without saying a word

GRACE: OK, let me see the map again. So he`s at work. And give me the timeline again, please.

WEED: OK. So he arrives at work at 6:00 in the morning. He leaves at 6:10. But that --

GRACE: Wait, wait. He gets to work at 6:00, he -- gets a drink out of the soda machine and then leaves?

WEED: Yes.

GRACE: OK. Back to the map.

WEED: OK. So then, Nancy, he tells police according to this affidavit that he goes directly to his mother`s house located in Big Springs, Texas. But police say no, his cell phone is pinging in Colorado City where Hailey`s home is located.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/12/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: January 19, 2011, 07:04:44 PM »

I don't know JSM.  When Lyle first became SA's lawyer there was an article by another lawyer that stated Lyle was from Odessa.  KTAB reported he was from Odessa today as well.    Maybe he has two offices?

<snipped>

Attorney Sidney Lyle, of Odessa, spoke with bigcountryhomepage.com over the phone earlier today but declined requests to have the conversation recorded for playback.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332986
Thanks Northern, that makes sense, a lot of attorneys in Texas have offices in different cities, but Odessa is a long way to commute from Fort Worth.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.