April 26, 2024, 06:50:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #3 1/17/11 - 1/22/11  (Read 168354 times)
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: January 20, 2011, 08:49:08 PM »

My husbands niece and her husband got into some trouble a few years ago and CPS took the kids ...I immediatly went down to the office and pleaded for them to let me have them instead of strangers and after an extensive background check they let the kids go home with me , yet they were still under CPS control and I was closely monitored . This could be the case with David.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #641 on: January 20, 2011, 08:57:03 PM »

SNIPPED:

Grace said one of the earrings that Hailey was reported to be wearing when she disappeared was found in Clint Dunn's home after her disappearance.

Clint Dunn and his girlfriend, Naomi Stewart, told the Reporter-News that Hailey had spent Christmas night at Clint Dunn's home.

"She took off those earrings and dropped them by the couch and asked me to put them up for her," Stewart said. "She asked me to pick them up for her, and I only found one of them."

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/19/official-rumor-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/

Thanks for posting. This rules out one f my suspicions.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: January 20, 2011, 09:00:14 PM »

My husbands niece and her husband got into some trouble a few years ago and CPS took the kids ...I immediatly went down to the office and pleaded for them to let me have them instead of strangers and after an extensive background check they let the kids go home with me , yet they were still under CPS control and I was closely monitored . This could be the case with David.

I would hope that is what has happened in this case too. It was very kind of you to go get the kids.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #643 on: January 20, 2011, 09:02:20 PM »

Billie is on. She went out today with Mark Klaas.
I have great respect for Mark Klaas but he seems to be very sympathetic to Billie....no nanners please but I have to wonder if maybe she might remind him of Polly? Brown eyes, light brown hair and I think i heard him say a while back that Polly would have been about 30 now? I just do not recall him defending others in this way.....Just a thought .....God bless Polly and Mark. And God help the Dunn family.
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #644 on: January 20, 2011, 09:06:07 PM »

Helper , I see you up there in the rafters...anything you can share going on in your town today ? What of the searchers at the landfill? Have you anything to report to us?
helper
Scared Monkey

« Reply #645 on: January 20, 2011, 09:10:20 PM »

alot going on in town but rules are rules just a lot of rumors flying every where
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #646 on: January 20, 2011, 09:14:59 PM »

alot going on in town but rules are rules just a lot of rumors flying every where
Thanks helper ......Lord knows we don't need anymore rumors  in this case !
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: January 20, 2011, 09:15:15 PM »

Billie is on. She went out today with Mark Klaas.
I have great respect for Mark Klaas but he seems to be very sympathetic to Billie....no nanners please but I have to wonder if maybe she might remind him of Polly? Brown eyes, light brown hair and I think i heard him say a while back that Polly would have been about 30 now? I just do not recall him defending others in this way.....Just a thought .....God bless Polly and Mark. And God help the Dunn family.

I am really confused about Mark myself. He has always said the first thing to do is to clear yourself. Take a poly so they can move on to searching for whoever took a child. Billie has not been cleared, in fact, she refuses to take another poly. Says she doesn't trust them. He has been treating her like a victim, and maybe she is. She just hasn't done what he has always preached.

Mark is down on the police work and criticizing them. Now, I don't like their choice of spokesmen and only think they confuse things, but I do think there are competent lawmen working the case. Even though this is a small police force, they have experienced officers helping them from all over the state. There were mistakes made in Polly's case, and Mark has reason to be critical, but I have never heard him openly criticize a working case like this before. I really don't think that is doing any good, and has probably caused a lot of resentment from law enforcement. I can't imagine there is any co-operation between his group and the LE. Maybe the Laura Recovery team is a liaison for them. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #648 on: January 20, 2011, 09:20:17 PM »

but but, we are WS

Anything you can share? Also, I have a question.....are the locals coming to the aid of Billie or Clint or is it mostly ppl that don't know them, I am meaning financially, donations etc to help them get by for the basic needs........

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #649 on: January 20, 2011, 09:20:43 PM »

but but, we are NOT  WS

Anything you can share? Also, I have a question.....are the locals coming to the aid of Billie or Clint or is it mostly ppl that don't know them, I am meaning financially, donations etc to help them get by for the basic needs........

edit..........I meant NOT WS

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: January 20, 2011, 09:22:37 PM »

Hope fades that Hailey Dunn will be found unharmed

COLORADO CITY — Volunteers searching for a missing Texas teenager trekked through fields covered with shrubs and small trees on Thursday and retraced steps already taken by police, looking for any clues that could help find the girl who was last seen more than three weeks ago.

Some volunteers said hope was fading that Hailey Darlene Dunn would be found unharmed.

"Part of me hopes we don't find her and part of me hopes we do," volunteer Kevin Bowman said as he wiped away tears. "Statistically speaking it does not get any better as time goes on."

Bowman, a father of three, and his brother joined about 20 others to look for Hailey, a middle school cheerleader who was reported missing more than three weeks ago in Colorado City, located about 240 miles west of Dallas. Wearing yellow vests, the volunteers broke off into small groups to scour an open field that police had previously searched.

Hailey was reported missing Dec. 28 by her mother, Billie Dunn, whose former live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, said he last saw the girl a day earlier when she told him she was going to her father's nearby home and would stay overnight with a friend. She did neither. Billie Dunn said she last saw Hailey at home the night of Dec. 26.

Investigation spokesman Pete Kampfer, the town's city manager and a former FBI agent who is speaking for authorities, said police on Thursday searched empty buildings in the area and several landfills, including the one in Mitchell County. On Tuesday, he told the AP evidence was found at a landfill in Abilene but declined to elaborate on what was found. No one has been arrested.

Authorities have named Adkins, 25, as one of several people of interest in the case. Affidavits said he and Hailey's mother lied on polygraphs. Both have denied any involvement in Hailey's disappearance.

Billie Dunn told a small gathering at a Lion's Club luncheon in Colorado City on Thursday that she was grateful for all the donations to help the search effort and for volunteers who have helped search for her daughter.

"Thanks everyone for every thought and every prayer," she said.

Later she said she is hanging on to hope her daughter is alive.

"Oh, yeah," she said. "Definitely."

Mark Klaas, who organized the KlaasKids Foundation in the aftermath of the abduction and death of Polly Klaas in 1993, is assisting in the search.

"I think we need to get our arms around the fact that this may go on for a while," he told the Lions luncheon.

Margie Brophy, a 60-year-old Colorado City resident, said she has been out searching for Hailey since she went missing. She is frustrated and her heart is breaking — she said she believes Hailey's not alive anymore.

"It's gone on too long," Brophy said. "It's gone on really too long. It's breaking my heart every day that goes by."

Out on a bridge a few miles north of the town lined with stuffed animals, friends of Clint Dunn, Hailey's father, added two small, brightly colored ones. Danny Thurmond and Margie Sanderson fought back tears as they spoke about their hope that Hailey will come home alive.

"The days go by, the nights go by," Sanderson said. "We stay up and think about Hailey."

http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stories/article_aece24c4-24fc-11e0-9f37-001cc4c002e0.html
helper
Scared Monkey

« Reply #651 on: January 20, 2011, 09:24:35 PM »

it is 50 50 really alot of churches helping and shops donating work for cars etc... but from my understanding with Clint he doesn't want money just supplies and for Billie a fund at a bank was being setup to donate money.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: January 20, 2011, 09:26:26 PM »

but but, we are NOT  WS

edit..........I meant NOT WS

Have you been to Margaritaville again? 

my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: January 20, 2011, 09:28:51 PM »

Margaritaville? I wanna go too ! 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: January 20, 2011, 09:32:35 PM »

Hope fades that Hailey Dunn will be found unharmed

COLORADO CITY — Volunteers searching for a missing Texas teenager trekked through fields covered with shrubs and small trees on Thursday and retraced steps already taken by police, looking for any clues that could help find the girl who was last seen more than three weeks ago.

Some volunteers said hope was fading that Hailey Darlene Dunn would be found unharmed.

"Part of me hopes we don't find her and part of me hopes we do," volunteer Kevin Bowman said as he wiped away tears. "Statistically speaking it does not get any better as time goes on."

Bowman, a father of three, and his brother joined about 20 others to look for Hailey, a middle school cheerleader who was reported missing more than three weeks ago in Colorado City, located about 240 miles west of Dallas. Wearing yellow vests, the volunteers broke off into small groups to scour an open field that police had previously searched.

Hailey was reported missing Dec. 28 by her mother, Billie Dunn, whose former live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, said he last saw the girl a day earlier when she told him she was going to her father's nearby home and would stay overnight with a friend. She did neither. Billie Dunn said she last saw Hailey at home the night of Dec. 26.

Investigation spokesman Pete Kampfer, the town's city manager and a former FBI agent who is speaking for authorities, said police on Thursday searched empty buildings in the area and several landfills, including the one in Mitchell County. On Tuesday, he told the AP evidence was found at a landfill in Abilene but declined to elaborate on what was found. No one has been arrested.

Authorities have named Adkins, 25, as one of several people of interest in the case. Affidavits said he and Hailey's mother lied on polygraphs. Both have denied any involvement in Hailey's disappearance.

Billie Dunn told a small gathering at a Lion's Club luncheon in Colorado City on Thursday that she was grateful for all the donations to help the search effort and for volunteers who have helped search for her daughter.

"Thanks everyone for every thought and every prayer," she said.

Later she said she is hanging on to hope her daughter is alive.

"Oh, yeah," she said. "Definitely."

Mark Klaas, who organized the KlaasKids Foundation in the aftermath of the abduction and death of Polly Klaas in 1993, is assisting in the search.

"I think we need to get our arms around the fact that this may go on for a while," he told the Lions luncheon.

Margie Brophy, a 60-year-old Colorado City resident, said she has been out searching for Hailey since she went missing. She is frustrated and her heart is breaking — she said she believes Hailey's not alive anymore.

"It's gone on too long," Brophy said. "It's gone on really too long. It's breaking my heart every day that goes by."

Out on a bridge a few miles north of the town lined with stuffed animals, friends of Clint Dunn, Hailey's father, added two small, brightly colored ones. Danny Thurmond and Margie Sanderson fought back tears as they spoke about their hope that Hailey will come home alive.

"The days go by, the nights go by," Sanderson said. "We stay up and think about Hailey."

http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stories/article_aece24c4-24fc-11e0-9f37-001cc4c002e0.html

I don't know how these searcher can go out day after day. I know I would be terrified I would find something. Not to speak of all the rattlesnakes out in that area. Sweetwater Texas is between Abilene and Colorado City. They have a rattlesnake rodeo every summer, and you would be shocked at the number of them they find. It's colder now, so maybe they are not out so much, but probing around, you could disturb one. Nevertheless they go out day after day. They are truly angels.  an angelic monkey

my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #655 on: January 20, 2011, 09:34:14 PM »

it is 50 50 really alot of churches helping and shops donating work for cars etc... but from my understanding with Clint he doesn't want money just supplies and for Billie a fund at a bank was being setup to donate money.
Are there a lot of ppl wearing t-shirts for Hailey/flyers there in town?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: January 20, 2011, 09:34:22 PM »

Grace: Physical Evidence Discovered in Landfill Searches

HLN's "Nancy Grace" show featured Hailey Dunn's case for a fourth straight night Thursday. This time, Grace focused on the >new 911 call obtained by bigcountryhomepage.com that features Shawn Adkins as well as today's landfill searches.
One of the program's producers, Rupa Mikkilineni, reported that evidence was found in previous landfill searches which prompted Thursday's new searches. Mikkilineni labeled the evidence "physical." She went on to say that police told her they are only searching for evidence that pertains to Hailey in the landfills. Mikkilineni reported officers don't believe someone intentionally dumped a body in the trash. Bigcountryhomepage.com can not independently confirm this report.

Missing persons expert Marc Klaas said he doesn't believe this represents any major break in the case. Klaas says police have told Billie if there were major developments, she'd be the first to know about them.

"Whatever it is -- the speculation that's going on about what's going on out there today, they haven't found anything that links Hailey to that landfill," said Klaas. "Until they do...they'll continue to search the landfill.

Billie Dunn said it's scary to hear major developments may be happening in the case. However, Dunn reiterated what Klaas previously mentioned -- she's confident the authorities would tell her if something major happened. Dunn said she was under the impression law enforcement was looking for any letter or notes Hailey might have written.

Grace questioned why cadaver dogs were being used in the search if police weren't directly looking for a body in the landfills. A dog expert joined the program and said cadaver dogs can hit on any sort of human tissue. The tissue includes anything from a body to bloody bandage.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333546
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #657 on: January 20, 2011, 09:35:53 PM »

In the 911 tape played on NG SA says BD threatened to take all HIS Klonopin plus HER pain meds.

Here is some info on Klonopin from 

http://www.ehow.com/about_6515137_abuse-potential-klonopin_.html

Abuse
•Klonopin is sometimes known by the street name "K-pin." Users compare the high to a drunk feeling. Users may eventually need to increase dosage to achieve the desired effect, risking overdose or potentially harmful side effects. Coma, impaired motor function, difficulty breathing, confusion, and nausea are all signs of overdose. Long-term users may experience withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, anxiety, hallucinations, psychosis, and anger. Withdrawal in heavy users can be deadly and a medical detox is highly recommended.

Read more: What Is the Abuse Potential Of Klonopin? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6515137_abuse-potential-klonopin_.html#ixzz1Bd26vVTX
And Klonopin is also a life savor for some people that experience terrible anxiety attacks.
Of course, No Rose!
I should have copied all the info about the drug instead of jumping to a conclusion about SA.  You are most surely right. 
I suffer from anxiety and have taken Ativan in the past.  Ativan and Klonopin are in the same family of drugs.
I meant no harm.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: January 20, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »

Margaritaville? I wanna go too ! 

You have to not mind sand in your flip-flops. 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: January 20, 2011, 09:38:23 PM »

Grace: Physical Evidence Discovered in Landfill Searches

HLN's "Nancy Grace" show featured Hailey Dunn's case for a fourth straight night Thursday. This time, Grace focused on the >new 911 call obtained by bigcountryhomepage.com that features Shawn Adkins as well as today's landfill searches.
One of the program's producers, Rupa Mikkilineni, reported that evidence was found in previous landfill searches which prompted Thursday's new searches. Mikkilineni labeled the evidence "physical." She went on to say that police told her they are only searching for evidence that pertains to Hailey in the landfills. Mikkilineni reported officers don't believe someone intentionally dumped a body in the trash. Bigcountryhomepage.com can not independently confirm this report.

Missing persons expert Marc Klaas said he doesn't believe this represents any major break in the case. Klaas says police have told Billie if there were major developments, she'd be the first to know about them.

"Whatever it is -- the speculation that's going on about what's going on out there today, they haven't found anything that links Hailey to that landfill," said Klaas. "Until they do...they'll continue to search the landfill.

Billie Dunn said it's scary to hear major developments may be happening in the case. However, Dunn reiterated what Klaas previously mentioned -- she's confident the authorities would tell her if something major happened. Dunn said she was under the impression law enforcement was looking for any letter or notes Hailey might have written.

Grace questioned why cadaver dogs were being used in the search if police weren't directly looking for a body in the landfills. A dog expert joined the program and said cadaver dogs can hit on any sort of human tissue. The tissue includes anything from a body to bloody bandage.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333546

They could be looking for letters or dated material to hone in on the exact garbage from the Dunn home.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.