March 28, 2024, 05:23:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #3 1/17/11 - 1/22/11  (Read 167583 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #680 on: January 20, 2011, 10:35:18 PM »

I know that I am in the minority here but I really don't think that Billie had anything to do with her daughters disappearance. I think that because LE are telling her things that it says a lot. I know that she flunked a poly and all but I don't think the poly guy knew what he was doing. I'm hoping that Marc Klaas maybe gets someone to re-poly her.

I am not sure about her, she obviously has issues with who to allow around her kids and an extreme lack of judgement and tonight on NG all she eeked out was "call 911 cause I don't have my cell phone"......I guess and I don't know why, but I expected some emotion....seems the only time I see emotion from her is when they mention SA. I do wonder if she has guilty knowledge and that is why she flunked the poly, it just seems she is so ga ga over SA, and it is a sharp dichotomy from how she acts when she speaks about Hailey~I wish I could say I felt different but I don't.

I don't think LE is sharing that much with her, IIRC LE called Clint to come look at the videos that day and not Billie......I think Mark is doing damage control to some degree IMO wrt Billie.

I do too. I think he is pushing her to say the right things, but she is very stiff with it. Tonight she spoke to Hailey for the first time I can remember. I am sure if I am wrong about that, someone will correct me. But I honestly haven't heard her make a plea to Hailey to stay strong and that her mother loves her and she can't wait till she is home.

I have heard mother's say they go in their missing child's room and smell their clothes and belongings. I have heard nothing close to that with her. Tonight all she could say is Hailey should call 911 because she doesn't have her cell phone. (Those mean police!) It always comes back to Billie. 

ITA on your perspective and wrt to smelling the clothes, I did that with Eli......until the scent was gone, I can't imagine

I also know you can lose your phone and keep your number, I tossed mine in the trash along with my checkbook in November so no SIM card, I just bought a new phone and they loaded my SIM card (of course I lost all my contacts but the phone is the same number), of course maybe in these type legal situations it is different-I don't know

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #681 on: January 20, 2011, 10:36:23 PM »

it is 50 50 really alot of churches helping and shops donating work for cars etc... but from my understanding with Clint he doesn't want money just supplies and for Billie a fund at a bank was being setup to donate money.
Thanks HELPER an angelic monkey

Some how I knew Clint would be a proud stand up type of guy. I am not sure if you all saw his baby girl "Chloe" in photos, but she is just beautiful. She looks allot like Hailey to me. I don't think Hailey would have runaway. She was too excited about that new baby.

CARTFLY, is it you that your husband worked in the oil fields? I think I may have gotten you and LAKE ERIE PRINCESS mixed up. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #682 on: January 20, 2011, 10:38:16 PM »

I know that I am in the minority here but I really don't think that Billie had anything to do with her daughters disappearance. I think that because LE are telling her things that it says a lot. I know that she flunked a poly and all but I don't think the poly guy knew what he was doing. I'm hoping that Marc Klaas maybe gets someone to re-poly her.

I am not sure about her, she obviously has issues with who to allow around her kids and an extreme lack of judgement and tonight on NG all she eeked out was "call 911 cause I don't have my cell phone"......I guess and I don't know why, but I expected some emotion....seems the only time I see emotion from her is when they mention SA. I do wonder if she has guilty knowledge and that is why she flunked the poly, it just seems she is so ga ga over SA, and it is a sharp dichotomy from how she acts when she speaks about Hailey~I wish I could say I felt different but I don't.

I don't think LE is sharing that much with her, IIRC LE called Clint to come look at the videos that day and not Billie......I think Mark is doing damage control to some degree IMO wrt Billie.

I do too. I think he is pushing her to say the right things, but she is very stiff with it. Tonight she spoke to Hailey for the first time I can remember. I am sure if I am wrong about that, someone will correct me. But I honestly haven't heard her make a plea to Hailey to stay strong and that her mother loves her and she can't wait till she is home.

I have heard mother's say they go in their missing child's room and smell their clothes and belongings. I have heard nothing close to that with her. Tonight all she could say is Hailey should call 911 because she doesn't have her cell phone. (Those mean police!) It always comes back to Billie. 

I don't think Clint every appealed to Hailey through the media?  I could be wrong.

Janet

I don't think he gets the coverage, more local is my impression but I did see a vid that had him meeting the searchers and thanking them, in one shot he grabbed one of the male searchers almost like he was a life preserver and he was crying......I do agree that everyone should be polygraphed for obvious reasons. Wonder why LE/FBI hasn't proceeded in that?

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: January 20, 2011, 10:39:38 PM »

GRACE: To Billie Dunn. You believe -- you told me that she was wearing those earrings over Christmas. Did she spend the night with her father Christmas evening?

DUNN: She did.

GRACE: Are you absolutely positive she had the earrings on Sunday, the next day?

DUNN: No, I`m not.

GRACE: So him saying --

DUNN: I noticed that she had taken them out.

GRACE: Yes. So him saying she left it there Christmas night is entirely possible, correct?

DUNN: Yes.

------------------------------------------------------------------

GRACE: You know, that`s a very good point. But you`ve got to remember, the boyfriend places himself with Hailey around 3:00 after the neighbor sees her at 12:00. But speaking of that, back to Billie Dunn, Hailey`s mom, you`re actually more familiar than that than we are because we have gone around and tried to find that guy. We haven`t been able to find him. What do you know about him? Have police finally run him down?

DUNN: I know that they did question him well. They did search the house that he was living in here next door. They said they searched it well. He`s not a suspect. I don`t know if they know where he went to or not. I believe he`s still in town. And Nancy, I wanted to get a message out to Hailey, if she is watching and she happens to get to a phone, to call 911. Because I do not have my cell phone.

GRACE: And what is your message? To call 911?

DUNN: Yes. Get out there, if you can get to a phone, run to a phone and call 911. Because I don`t have my cell phone with me. And I know she knows that number.
    I think even Nancy Grace was shocked.....http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/20/ng.01.html

I wonder why the big deal about the earrings is she knew they had been taken out......I stay so confuzzled in this case, it's like a constant contradiction on soooooo many levels

Didn't she say last night on Nancy Grace she didn't notice whether Hailey had only one earring on or not when she came home from Clints?

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: January 20, 2011, 10:41:53 PM »

UPDATED 9:10 p.m.: Foundation leader helping Hailey Dunn's mother cope in Colorado City

COLORADO CITY — Marc Klaas stayed close to Billie Jean Dunn on Thursday while helping to organize the search for her daughter Hailey Dunn, who has been missing for more than three weeks.

Klaas, the president and founder of the KlaasKids Foundation, is helping Billie Jean Dunn and her estranged husband, Clint Dunn, cope as they search for their daughter, who was reported missing Dec. 28. She reportedly last was seen the day before.

"I have been through what they are going through, and I can be an example of how you get through this," Klaas said. "I'm here to represent the end of the tunnel."

It has been almost 18 years since 12-year-old Polly Hannah Klaas was abducted from her home in Petaluma, Calif, on Oct. 1, 1993. She was found strangled two months later. In 1996, Richard Allen Davis was convicted of her murder and today remains on death row at San Quentin State Prison.

For Marc Klaas, the pain never goes away.

He knows all too well the sleepless nights, the constant anguish and the possibility of a long-term search. Polly Klaas' body was found 65 days after she disappeared.

But Marc Klaas' advice to Hailey Dunn's parents was to stay involved and stay busy — which is why he stuck close to Billie Jean Dunn on Thursday.

"I want to her to get out of her house and get her up to the search center," Klaas said.

Klaas accompanied Billie Jean Dunn to the weekly Lion's Club luncheon.

"We need to get our arms around the fact that this may go on for a while," Klaas told the group.

Billie Jean Dunn expressed gratitude for members' efforts on behalf of her daughter.

"I want to thank everyone for the donations, the searches, every thought and everything," she said.

In recent weeks, Billie Jean Dunn has stayed close to home and concentrated on getting her daughter's name out both locally and nationally. This week, she has made nightly appearances on "Nancy Grace," a prime-time show on HLN.

Polly Klaas' kidnapping drew thousands of volunteers and became a national story through exposure on shows such as "20/20" and "America's Most Wanted."

"Billie is spot on with this," Klaas said. "She understands she has to keep this case in the public eye,"

Clint Dunn has been following leads on potential sightings of his daughter and handing out fliers along Interstate 20.

"People are applauding Clint's efforts," Klaas said.

The main thing is to stay engaged, he said.

"They (the Dunns) have both found a way to participate that is within their comfort zone," Klaas said. "I've seen where one or both of the parents don't get involved and that leads to a lot of questions."

Klaas said there are parallels with his daughter's case beyond the close ages of the girls.

Investigators have named Shawn Adkins, the former live-in boyfriend of Billie Jean Dunn, as a suspect. When Polly Klaas went missing, her father was convinced he knew who had done it. But, he acknowledged Thursday, he was wrong.

"I had the motive figured out and everything going on," he said. "When the case was finally resolved they (investigators) were right — the guy had nothing to do with it."

So although the focus of Hailey Dunn's case appears to be on Adkins, Klaas cautioned that all leads must be followed.

"You can't allow yourself to get tunnel vision," Klaas said. "If you focus all your efforts in one direction, that girl may be driving around right in front of you."

Klaas said he was so touched by the Hailey Dunn case that he traveled to Colorado City to assist his foundation's director of search operations, Brad Dennis, with organizing the search for the Colorado Middle School student.

The Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children, a Texas-based group, also is helping to coordinate volunteers in searches for evidence.

"We can bring something to these cases, expertise, an example, and sometimes good results," Klaas said. "When I come to these, I feel like this is my purpose, this is how it started for me."

But he also brings hope.

"We are hoping to find a live little girl," Klaas said. "We have got to have hope

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/20/authories-now-searching-snyder-landfill-missing-co/
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: January 20, 2011, 10:46:38 PM »

I have heard mother's say they go in their missing child's room and smell their clothes and belongings. I have heard nothing close to that with her. Tonight all she could say is Hailey should call 911 because she doesn't have her cell phone. (Those mean police!) It always comes back to Billie

Fanny

What reason in the appeal should Billie have given Hailey for contacting 911 rather than attempting to contact her on the cell phone?

Billie was not blaming LE ... she was just stating a fact.  She did not have the cell phone.  IMO

Janet   

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #686 on: January 20, 2011, 10:46:54 PM »

GRACE: To Billie Dunn. You believe -- you told me that she was wearing those earrings over Christmas. Did she spend the night with her father Christmas evening?

GRACE: Are you absolutely positive she had the earrings on Sunday, the next day?

GRACE: Yes. So him saying she left it there Christmas night is entirely possible, correct?

GRACE: You know, that`s a very good point. But you`ve got to remember, the boyfriend places himself with Hailey around 3:00 after the neighbor sees her at 12:00. But speaking of that, back to Billie Dunn, Hailey`s mom, you`re actually more familiar than that than we are because we have gone around and tried to find that guy. We haven`t been able to find him. What do you know about him? Have police finally run him down?

DUNN: I know that they did question him well. They did search the house that he was living in here next door. They said they searched it well. He`s not a suspect. I don`t know if they know where he went to or not. I believe he`s still in town. And Nancy, I wanted to get a message out to Hailey, if she is watching and she happens to get to a phone, to call 911. Because I do not have my cell phone.

DUNN: Yes. Get out there, if you can get to a phone, run to a phone and call 911. Because I don`t have my cell phone with me. And I know she knows that number.
    I think even Nancy Grace was shocked.....http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/20/ng.01.html

I wonder why the big deal about the earrings is she knew they had been taken out......I stay so confuzzled in this case, it's like a constant contradiction on soooooo many levels

Didn't she say last night on Nancy Grace she didn't notice whether Hailey had only one earring on or not when she came home from Clints?

That's what I thought, I swear I need to bookmark the transcripts as so much changes from one day to the next

[
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: January 20, 2011, 10:47:16 PM »

I don't think Clint every appealed to Hailey through the media?  I could be wrong.

Janet

But Clint hasn't been on national TV every day and night for three weeks. He was on Nancy Grace a couple of times with Billie. I have seen him on local news talking about Hailey and how bad he wants to find her. I think his actions speak louder than words. Not giving him a pass. Just seems he is more sincere in what he is doing. He even ask for donations for Billie and said he wanted nothing for himself.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: January 20, 2011, 10:49:23 PM »

I have heard mother's say they go in their missing child's room and smell their clothes and belongings. I have heard nothing close to that with her. Tonight all she could say is Hailey should call 911 because she doesn't have her cell phone. (Those mean police!) It always comes back to Billie

Fanny

What reason in the appeal should Billie have given Hailey for contacting 911 rather than attempting to contact her on the cell phone?

Billie was not blaming LE ... she was just stating a fact.  She did not have the cell phone.  IMO

Janet   

Why wait for three plus weeks to even say that to Hailey? Wouldn't she have been concerned about that before?

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: January 20, 2011, 10:50:38 PM »

That's what I thought, I swear I need to bookmark the transcripts as so much changes from one day to the next

Could we call that a little white lie, or a discrepancy in what she is saying from day to day? 

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #690 on: January 20, 2011, 10:55:41 PM »

JANET, I think we should stop doing this, going back and forth. I understand you have a different opinion of Billie than I do and I don't think we are going to change each other's mind. I don't want this to turn into another Haliegh or Kyron thread where everyone takes sides. Let's just agree to disagree. We both want the same thing, and I don't want to make this unpleasant for everyone else. I respect your opinion and anyone else who doesn't agree with me. I just want to remain friends. I'll do my best to stop cutting Billie down. Friends?  an angelic monkey

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #691 on: January 20, 2011, 10:55:45 PM »

Could we call that a little white lie, or a discrepancy in what she is saying from day to day? 

jus a lil one........I don't know if she is just normally like that or what, it's just odd.

I found the info from last night, can't remember the nights when it was mentioned

BILLIE DUNN: We had a rocky relationship. The last year, things have been really good. The last six months, things have been awesome.

GRACE: What can you tell me about that earring, Billie, the earring that was found on Clint Dunn`s living room floor? Did it match what Hailey was wearing when she went missing?

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I reported when she was missing that I thought she was wearing those red hoop earrings. She had been wearing them for about a week. She was actually trying to stretch out her earlobe, and I told her she could use those, but that`s the biggest she could go and she had been wearing them. And David found the earring on the floor whenever Clint and Naomi (ph) were moving out and brought it home.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/19/ng.01.html

[
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: January 20, 2011, 11:01:41 PM »

Reaching out to Hailey

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 20, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

DUNN: ... And Nancy, I wanted to get a message out to Hailey, if she is watching and she happens to get to a phone, to call 911. Because I do not have my cell phone.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/20/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #693 on: January 20, 2011, 11:02:10 PM »

it is 50 50 really alot of churches helping and shops donating work for cars etc... but from my understanding with Clint he doesn't want money just supplies and for Billie a fund at a bank was being setup to donate money.
Thanks HELPER an angelic monkey

Some how I knew Clint would be a proud stand up type of guy. I am not sure if you all saw his baby girl "Chloe" in photos, but she is just beautiful. She looks allot like Hailey to me. I don't think Hailey would have runaway. She was too excited about that new baby.

CARTFLY, is it you that your husband worked in the oil fields? I think I may have gotten you and LAKE ERIE PRINCESS mixed up. 
You were right Fanny! Mine works in the oilfield also. But you were also right about LakeErie. She had some information about the industry as well. I asked my hubby about the pits. He knows a little about them. He is not on the job from start to finish but gave me a little info. The pits that are dug are about as deep as the oil/gas well during drilling.They could be as deep as 20 feet or so. After the rig is moved from the site (no more drilling to occur) he said the pits are covered and supposedly cleaned. He said some large machines come in and the pits are filled with dirt. The dirt is sifted through some sort of machine and put into the pit. When they leave the area is "supposed" to be clean and safe enough to plant a garden. So, most if not all well sites should not have any open pits left. I imagine the EPA or some similar agency <cough> monitors this. Not to say though there probably are sites (old ones) that may have a place to hide a body.

Fanny- nice maps too! I love your funny post. And yes you are more than just a pretty face! (rofl)::MonkeyWink::My kids run in wanting to know what I am laughing at all the time.  an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #694 on: January 20, 2011, 11:02:27 PM »

Also, I forgot her friend on WS said they got her a replacement phone so technically she has one-just not one Hailey would have the number to.....also she is getting text messages from SA as she openly admits, I think you have to have a phone for a text message.

[
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #695 on: January 20, 2011, 11:04:48 PM »

I would think that with all the years of experience (and, very unfortunately, his own personal experience) with missing children, that Mark Klaas would be able to assess these situations fairly accurately.  I've found it interesting that Mark Klaas has joined in on the search for Hailey and has been supportative of Billie.  I got to thinking about this after I saw Mark sitting beside Billie during NG's show last night. 

Billie is young.  She seems naive to me about all of this.  She lives with a guy who is only 25 and by looking at his videos is obviously immature.  I would think that Billie would have to be even more immature than her already "young" 33 years to live with a 25 year old man.  It's good that life has not previously dealt Billie any horrible experience; however, that obviously leaves her without the education to dealt with this...she's learning now...and will be forever changed.  I highly doubt that she's followed missing children's cases and become wisened to how all the many aspects in these cases works like all of us wise monkey sleuthers.  If she's innocent, someone like Mark Klaas is exactly what Billie needs.

Hopefully, she'll get her daughter back - as she said:  It's not feeling good right now that I'll ever be able to hold my daughter again.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #696 on: January 20, 2011, 11:07:30 PM »

Also, I forgot her friend on WS said they got her a replacement phone so technically she has one-just not one Hailey would have the number to.....also she is getting text messages from SA as she openly admits, I think you have to have a phone for a text message.

Yes, I've noticed that Billie is a woman of few words.  She talks in a kind of "shorthand". 

To make it simple for Hailey - I don't have my phone - call 911 (rather than I don't have the phone I used to have, but I have a different one, but since you don't know the number, you can call 911).  I think Billie did say "she knows that number" (meaning 911 and not the number of the new phone).

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Jan_in_Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #697 on: January 20, 2011, 11:12:52 PM »

FYI...kind of O/T and not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but there is another 13 year old girl missing from Lubbock, Tx last seen Jan 5th. All I have so far is this Facebook link 

facebook.com/find.elizabeth.ennen
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: January 20, 2011, 11:15:59 PM »

jus a lil one........I don't know if she is just normally like that or what, it's just odd.

I found the info from last night, can't remember the nights when it was mentioned

BILLIE DUNN: We had a rocky relationship. The last year, things have been really good. The last six months, things have been awesome.

GRACE: What can you tell me about that earring, Billie, the earring that was found on Clint Dunn`s living room floor? Did it match what Hailey was wearing when she went missing?

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I reported when she was missing that I thought she was wearing those red hoop earrings. She had been wearing them for about a week. She was actually trying to stretch out her earlobe, and I told her she could use those, but that`s the biggest she could go and she had been wearing them. And David found the earring on the floor whenever Clint and Naomi (ph) were moving out and brought it home.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/19/ng.01.html

It may have been on one of the local interviews she did, but I remember her saying she didn't notice whether Hailey was missing and earring when she came home from Clint's. Anyway, no more talking bad about Billie from me.

Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #699 on: January 20, 2011, 11:17:01 PM »

Does MK usually get directly involved w/ families?
Is this his usual behavior? or Is this a rare occurrence?

I read a bit about him on line but found no help w/ my questions.

His enmeshment w/ BD (IMO) seems a bit unprofessional to me, but I realize he is an activist more than a professional??

It seemed like BD had a paper to look down at to remind her to 'get a message out to Hailey", and that she glanced in MK's direction before 'saying her piece'.   I felt that the message to Hailey was contrived and BD seemed uncomfortable or like a little girl during a recital of some sort.

I am a bit put off by MK right now.  How does he think he is helping BD when it is so obvious that he suggested she speak directly to Hailey? 

Maybe I am overthinking the whole thing.

Hailey needs a few more 'grown-ups' directing the search for her.  LE seems oddly contradictory and disjointed and her family seems focused on things other than her, and I don't get NG or MK. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.