April 23, 2024, 09:09:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #3 1/17/11 - 1/22/11  (Read 168276 times)
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #780 on: January 21, 2011, 10:14:37 AM »

Does anyone know if MK has met with Clint ?

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #781 on: January 21, 2011, 10:37:36 AM »

Does anyone know if MK has met with Clint ?
That is a good question, don't think I have read either way. I'm going to assume he would have, but really don't know.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #782 on: January 21, 2011, 10:55:45 AM »

Good Morning everyone! May this be the day Hailey is found.   

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #783 on: January 21, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »

I watched the repeat of the Nancy Grace Show (HLN).  Marc Klaas has been an ongoing  talking head on this show since the disappearance of Hailey.  He knows the deception encompassing Shawn's words and actions on the morning of December 27th.  The false hope that he is affording a desperate vulnerable Billie is cruel.

Until one hour ago ... I considered Marc a hero ... a voice of reason.  His judgement has become clouded.  Why?

Janet

I tend to agree with you, I think his heart is in the right place and everyone needs hope~but he also knows the statistics in these cases, and you are spot on that he knows the deception of SA, the deception wrt his phone records and I think SA sent the text to be honest and that is why Billie's phone ping information was never released. I still consider him a hero just as I do Tim Miller as they are both human and sometimes become so involved in a case that it blurs their objectivity. Although I will say when Tim tried to find out more about HaLeigh thru what he did, if I was in the same position of the parent missing my child, I would be receptive to ANYTHING that could help find them.

I think Marc sees something in Billie that possibly reminds him of Polly (just a wild guess, but she would be very close to Billie's age if she had lived).....It's just a side of him so fiercly advocating for her and she does need that and help, but he also knows and I have heard him say this so many times over the yrs that they must be polygraphed in order to really move on, but IMO the most bizarre thing was when he stated that Billie thought he had some redeeming qualities (paraphrasing), so it's almost like he is looking for any circumstance that would affirm that. I don't know if any of that made since, haven't had my coffee yet so if it doesn't I apologize.

I do think in all fairness that Clint and Naomi should be polygraphed also, not that I think they had anything to do with it, but if and when this goes to court it would look pretty bad that this was overlooked, and I can see a defense atty arguing tunnel vision and finding facts to fit the theory vs letting the facts take them where they take them.

I also think he may be there to help her in her ability to connect with searchers, the public in general on a very emotional level, I just think that is important because ppl tend to be more helpful and do more (not saying that is the right ) when ppl connect on an emotional level ........

Ok, off to get coffee now that I rambled on

IM

Your wrote a good down to earth post!

Do you think that BJD was jealous of the new baby?  I try to be discreet, I do not wish to cause distress for family members.

I haven't even thought of that, although I somewhat doubt it since I honestly think she was tired of being a parent due to the fact she spent her youth (teens and twenties) raising children, but she may have possibly been jealous of the fact Clint had a new baby with another woman, I have known dozens of women like that......but that isn't honestly what I believe just a hypothetical.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: January 21, 2011, 11:38:11 AM »

No Confirmation of Evidence Found in Landfill Searches  (with video)

Colorado City, TX - After one of Nancy Grace's producers reported Thursday evening that law enforcement has found evidence directly connected to Hailey Dunn during landfill searches, Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer says he can't confirm that. Kampfer says if major developments of that nature occurred, he'd likely know about it. Crews searched landfills in Colorado City and Snyder Thursday afternoon. One week prior, law enforcement and cadaver dogs searched Abilene's Allied Waste Services.

Additional sources in law enforcement tell bigcountryhomepage.com Thursday's searches were part of the ongoing criminal investigation. To their knowledge, no physical evidence directly linked to Hailey has been discovered.

The landfill searches all center around in investigation into the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. The Colorado City teen went missing on Monday, December 27. The last person to report seeing her is her mother's boyfriend, Shawn Adkins. Adkins is the only named suspect in her disappearance. Authorities continue to say they have several persons of interest.

Law enforcement has confirmed cadaver dogs got "hits" in their Abilene landfill search. Last weekend, Kampfer declared that search to be unsuccessful.

Kampfer tells bigcountryhomepage.com that crews spent Thursday combing over things that may have been missed the during their initial search of those landfills. The first time they went through the Colorado City and Snyder landfills was closer to the time Hailey went missing.

Kampfer says it's always possible investigators found something that pointed them back to the landfill. He also added officers might be reviewing sites that peaked interest during their initial search.

Different dogs were likely brought in to either track down new scents or corroborate things that were previously found, according to Kampfer. He went on to say law enforcement has not told him of future landfill searches. However, he says it wouldn't surprise him.

KTAB's Tiffany Tatro asked Kampfer about the earring that's been talked about in recent "Nancy Grace" broadcasts. After Hailey's disappearance, one of the earrings her mother thought she was wearing on the day she vanished was discovered in her father's home. Her dad, Clint Dunn, says she left it the day before when she stayed at his home. Though Billie Dunn thought he daughter was wearing the earrings, she says it's likely Clint is correct.

Kampfer said he's put in a request to discuss the earring and has not heard back. Therefore, he can't even confirm an earring is part of the investigation.

Earlier this week, KRBC's Jessica Reyes interviewed a witness who believes she saw Hailey walking with a small boy on the morning of her disappearance. According to the witness, it was an African American boy approximately 7 years old.

It now appears that child could be the son of Clint Dunn's girlfriend.

Billie Dunn confirmed Clint's girlfriend has a son that matches this description. Pete Kampfer says he has heard that as well but hasn't received confirmation from law enforcement. Kampfer previously told bigcountryhomepage.com the child has been questioned by authorities.

Kampfer told bigcountryhomepage.com the investigation into Hailey's disappearance continues to have a criminal focus. After receiving 10 leads a day in the early part of the investigation, credible tips have now dwindled to 3-5 each day.

The reward for information leading to Hailey's safe return is now $15,000.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333716
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #785 on: January 21, 2011, 11:39:20 AM »

Aerial Video: Inside the Colorado City Landfill

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333606
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #786 on: January 21, 2011, 11:40:54 AM »

Hailey Dunn Search and Investigation Pushes On (with video)

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- While there have been reports that evidence was found in the search of landfills in Snyder and Colorado City Thursday, the spokesperson for the investigation tells KTXS if anything substantial had been found he would have known about it and yet the search continues.

Law enforcement pushed forward with the search as did volunteers who came out Thursday despite frigid temperatures to comb fields looking for Dunn. Even though the number of searchers has fallen, the community is not giving up.

"We still want this child home," said middle school teacher Kristy Lloyd," Even though it's over three weeks she's still in our heart's still in our faith we want this child home."

A prayer vigil will be held tomorrow, the second since the little girl has gone missing. Held at the gym for the First Baptist Church in Colorado City from 7:00 to 8:00 PM.

"Let's just do a prayer vigil, no candles involved," Lloyd said, "Just get everyone together in one place pray for Hailey, pray she comes homes, pray for the family

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26566599/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #787 on: January 21, 2011, 11:42:32 AM »

Thursday, January 21, 2011

THE LATEST IN THE CASE OF MISSING 13 YEAR OLD HAILEY DUNN THE SEARCH HAS BEEN EXPANDED TO BUILDINGS IN SCURRY AND MITCHELL COUNTIES AND ADDITIONAL LANDFILLS ACCORDING TO COLORADO CITY CITY MANAGER PETE KAMPFER. AT THIS TIME SHAWN ADKINS IS STILL THE ONLY NAMED SUSPECT IN THE CASE BUT ACCORDING TO KAMPFER THERE ARE SEVERAL PERSONS OF INTEREST IN THE CASE WHO MAY HAVE OR KNOW INFORMATION IMPORTANT TO THE CASE. KAMPFER DID NOT NAME ANY OF THE PERSONS OF INTEREST. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION CONTACT THE COLORADO CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT AT 325-728-5294.

http://am.kbst.com/page.php?34
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #788 on: January 21, 2011, 11:43:50 AM »

Klaas Kids Reaching Out to Community for Help 1/20/11

Colorado City, Texas - There will be a prayer vigil for Hailey Dunn from 7:00 to 8:00 PM Friday at the First Baptist Church in Colorado City.

This is all part of the case that has now captured the attention of national organizations, including Klaas Kids.

The founder, Marc Klaas, says his daughter, Polly Hannah Klaas, was kidnapped, raped and murdered in 1994, but her death was not in vain as he helps the communities and families of missing children around the nation through an organization in her name.

Marc says the similarities on how Hailey Dunn disappeared is what brought his organization based in California to Colorado City.

He tells CBS7, "That would then lead me to speculate she was taken by someone that did mean her harm. Hopefully, somebody will keep her alive and not do to this child what was done to my child."

Director of Search Operations Brad Dennis was one of thousands of volunteers in Polly's search.

They found her body 65 days later and he says community support is crucial in cases like this.

"(This is) The same case as Polly. The age, a desperate family and a community supporting the family and that is what you'll see." he says, "You don't have any evidence, ransom notes, the perpetrator disappeared. I think those are real commonalities."

The organization will be at the Colorado City Civic Center every morning at 9:00AM until Hailey's return.

Several volunteers tell us they have been, at times, chased away by property owners.

Klaas Kids asks landowners to do their own search and report it to them.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23461
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #789 on: January 21, 2011, 11:49:37 AM »

Considering Billie had reported that she thought Hailey had been wearing the red hoop earrings when she disappeared ... considering the earring was found by David on the carpet at the home of his father ... it would appear that Clint's home was not searched by LE.

Think about it.  Shawn alleged that Hailey was on her way over to her father's home when she left her home at 3:15 PM on December 17th but ... in the process of elimination Clint has not been polygraphed and ... in the process of elimination his home was not searched.  What is wrong with this picture?

Janet

+++++

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 19, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: What can you tell me about that earring, Billie, the earring that was found on Clint Dunn`s living room floor? Did it match what Hailey was wearing when she went missing?

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I reported when she was missing that I thought she was wearing those red hoop earrings. She had been wearing them for about a week. She was actually trying to stretch out her earlobe, and I told her she could use those, but that`s the biggest she could go and she had been wearing them. And David found the earring on the floor whenever Clint and Naomi (ph) were moving out and brought it home.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/19/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 4, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

MICHAEL BOARD, WOAI NEWSRADIO: Nancy, the last person to see Hailey Dunn alive was her mother`s boyfriend. This was on December 27th at about 3:00 o`clock in the last -- 3:00 o`clock in the afternoon. Her mother`s boyfriend says that Hailey told him that she was going over to her father`s house and then over to a friend`s house. ...

GRACE: Mr. Dunn, did you know that Hailey was on her way over?

CLINT DUNN: No, I didn`t. ...

GRACE:  So Mr. Dunn, tell me your recollection of what happened the day she goes missing.

Did you see her at all that day?

CLINT DUNN: I didn`t see her at all that day.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

What are you implying?   Are you referring to possibly LE not doing their job or that Clint should be a suspect?   If its the latter, I think that is way off base.

I am implying that in the process of elimination ... LE did not do their job if Clint's house was not searched ... if Clint's offer to take a polygraph was not acted upon.  Think about it.  The home of the neighbor who claimed a Hailey sighting on the afternoon of December 27th was search.

Although it is my contention that neither Billie or Clint could be considered parental role models ... I do not believe that either one of them were involved in what ultimately happened to Hailey.  My ONLY focus is Shawn.
Janet

+++++

NANCY GRACE
Aired January 20, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: You know, that`s a very good point. But you`ve got to remember, the boyfriend places himself with Hailey around 3:00 after the neighbor sees her at 12:00. But speaking of that, back to Billie Dunn, Hailey`s mom, you`re actually more familiar than that than we are because we have gone around and tried to find that guy. We haven`t been able to find him. What do you know about him? Have police finally run him down?

DUNN: I know that they did question him well. They did search the house that he was living in here next door. They said they searched it well.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/20/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: January 21, 2011, 12:06:40 PM »

Hailey Suspect to 911: Billie Says She Wants to Die
Friday, January 21 2011

Colorado City, TX -   KTAB News has obtained a fourth 911 call stemming from a February 2010 domestic dispute during which, according to police affidavits, Shawn Adkins allegedly threatened to kill 13-year-old Hailey Dunn and her mother.
Adkins is the boyfriend of Hailey’s mother, Billie Dunn, and the only confirmed suspect in the girl’s disappearance. According to police, Adkins was the last person to see Hailey on December 27: the day she went missing.

According to search warrant affidavits filed after Hailey's disappearance, Adkins admitted to investigators that he threatened the lives of both Billie and Hailey during a domestic dispute.

In the newly released call, Adkins calls Snyder Police on the afternoon of February 14 and reports Billie Dunn as "suicidal."

Click here to listen to the newly released 911 call in its entirety

<snipped>

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333506

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #791 on: January 21, 2011, 12:10:09 PM »

Good Mornng All!

Maybe today is the day that answers are forthcoming in the disappearance of a little girl named Hailey.

Janet
9:10 AM PT

_____

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #792 on: January 21, 2011, 12:11:09 PM »

Since we are getting very little from the investigation and not much volunteered by the police spokesman, Clint may have already taken a LDT and his house could have been searched. We are not hearing answers from LE about direct questions. Just wishy washy answers that could be taken several ways.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #793 on: January 21, 2011, 12:14:20 PM »

Just maybe since Marc Klaas is spending time with Billie he sees something that isn't coming across when she speaks. I am going to guess he is a pretty good judge of character, maybe he sees a woman who has made bad choices but who would not hurt her daughter? If it turns out that Hailey is deceased, what a double horror for someone to go through, your daughter is gone and it may be from choices you have made.

I dont personally see the distinction having anything to do with being a good judge of character, not by a long shot.  What I would agree with is that he may see what many feel & that is that Billie didnt directly have anything to do with what is looking like Hailey's murder.  However, IMHO she DID hurt her daughter, she hurt her daughter (and son) by insisting on having that scum in their home when she knew darn well Hailey was afraid of him.   She still insisted that he live with them after threats to persons lives & she feared him taking things....countless 911 calls.   I see that as torturing a minor child for very selfish & stupid reasons.  Ya know, Shawn wasnt the only man on earth so Billie didnt need to obsess over that scum.  In the recent 911 call released it became evident that Billie was taking pain pills way prior to what happened to Haleigh, hmmm for someone relatively young it needs to be asked why & if it was with a doctor's prescription for something specific.   Did she take Klonopin on her own on top of that?  Look, anyone can have a "break" under many ongoing stressors but to get to the point of suicidal over some dude your screwing & partying with, as a mother first, NO.  God knows what else she MAY have been taking but again it is my strong gut feeling she is lying about being a drug abuser herself.   Billie has lied & contradicted too many statements which lends me to further not trust her.  She may not have picked up a weapon & killed her daughter but she opened the door to let it happen, there is nothing that has changed my mind to believe that a stranger had something to do with what happened to Hailey.

It might be a double horror for Billie to live with but the one aspect of this IS her fault & I personally cannot empathize with her one bit, in fact I loathe her for it.  She is 33 not 18 & naive, not even a "less educated" excuse, a mother should have basic instincts & a sense of responsibility to her children FIRST AND FOREMOST at ALL TIMES, period.   It is one thing to be an idiot temporarily or permanently about a man in your life as a woman but to be literally reckless, selfish & irresponsible as a mother....no excuses are acceptable to me.   I say this not to be argumentative whatsoever & I dont deny anyone else from having their tolerances or empathy that I find undeserved or behavior unacceptable but I wont mince words on what mine are.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: January 21, 2011, 12:38:32 PM »

Just maybe since Marc Klaas is spending time with Billie he sees something that isn't coming across when she speaks. I am going to guess he is a pretty good judge of character, maybe he sees a woman who has made bad choices but who would not hurt her daughter? If it turns out that Hailey is deceased, what a double horror for someone to go through, your daughter is gone and it may be from choices you have made.

I dont personally see the distinction having anything to do with being a good judge of character, not by a long shot.  What I would agree with is that he may see what many feel & that is that Billie didnt directly have anything to do with what is looking like Hailey's murder.  However, IMHO she DID hurt her daughter, she hurt her daughter (and son) by insisting on having that scum in their home when she knew darn well Hailey was afraid of him.   She still insisted that he live with them after threats to persons lives & she feared him taking things....countless 911 calls.   I see that as torturing a minor child for very selfish & stupid reasons.  Ya know, Shawn wasnt the only man on earth so Billie didnt need to obsess over that scum.  In the recent 911 call released it became evident that Billie was taking pain pills way prior to what happened to Haleigh, hmmm for someone relatively young it needs to be asked why & if it was with a doctor's prescription for something specific.   Did she take Klonopin on her own on top of that?  Look, anyone can have a "break" under many ongoing stressors but to get to the point of suicidal over some dude your screwing & partying with, as a mother first, NO.  God knows what else she MAY have been taking but again it is my strong gut feeling she is lying about being a drug abuser herself.   Billie has lied & contradicted too many statements which lends me to further not trust her.  She may not have picked up a weapon & killed her daughter but she opened the door to let it happen, there is nothing that has changed my mind to believe that a stranger had something to do with what happened to Hailey.

It might be a double horror for Billie to live with but the one aspect of this IS her fault & I personally cannot empathize with her one bit, in fact I loathe her for it.  She is 33 not 18 & naive, not even a "less educated" excuse, a mother should have basic instincts & a sense of responsibility to her children FIRST AND FOREMOST at ALL TIMES, period.   It is one thing to be an idiot temporarily or permanently about a man in your life as a woman but to be literally reckless, selfish & irresponsible as a mother....no excuses are acceptable to me.   I say this not to be argumentative whatsoever & I dont deny anyone else from having their tolerances or empathy that I find undeserved or behavior unacceptable but I wont mince words on what mine are.

ITA Good post! I have never thought Billie had anything to do directly with Hailey's disappearance. I think Shawn is the perpetrator.
My point has always been Billie knew things after the fact and is covering for Shawn now. JMO

MOMDET
Scared Monkey

« Reply #795 on: January 21, 2011, 12:38:39 PM »

I am more of reader in here, then a writer, but this time I have to ask...WHY is Clint moving when his daughter has gone missing?  It reminded me of the Croslins that moved to MA?  Anyways, there might be a logical reason, but I wouldn't move if my child was missing?  Also, why did David take the earring to his mother?  Why didn't Clint take it to the police?  I have seen this man on TV, he seems sincere, however this is just an odd cast of characters? 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #796 on: January 21, 2011, 12:45:54 PM »

I am more of reader in here, then a writer, but this time I have to ask...WHY is Clint moving when his daughter has gone missing?  It reminded me of the Croslins that moved to MA?  Anyways, there might be a logical reason, but I wouldn't move if my child was missing?  Also, why did David take the earring to his mother?  Why didn't Clint take it to the police?  I have seen this man on TV, he seems sincere, however this is just an odd cast of characters? 
WELCOME MOMDET

It was posted yesterday that the apartment was a government subsidized apartment in the girlfriend's name. When it was found out that Clint was living there too, they had to move. That is what I remember.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #797 on: January 21, 2011, 12:46:35 PM »

Hi Momdet and welcome!  The way I remember it is that Clint was living at his girlfriends house which was across the street from Billie.  When it became known he was living there, I believe the girlfriend was told to move because I believe it was low income or restricted and he wasn't supposed to be living there.  My GUESS is that with the publicity it became known and they had no choice but to move. 
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #798 on: January 21, 2011, 12:59:49 PM »

Cappuccino says....
"In the recent 911 call released it became evident that Billie was taking pain pills way prior to what happened to Haleigh, hmmm for someone relatively young it needs to be asked why & if it was with a doctor's prescription for something specific.   Did she take Klonopin on her own on top of that?... "

I only quoted this portion of Cappy's post because it's long and I just wanted to focus on this area. Is there an article, where Billie claims to have script, or to have taken klonopin, because I haven't seen it anywhere. I believe the klonopin accusation came from Shawn...IIRC after Billie had placed several 911 calls for assistance, Shawn then called later in the day and told the dispatcher that Billie was suicidal. Sorry, but I think he was full of crap and trying to attack her emotional stability (if she had any then) and therefore her credibility. This isn't all that unusual in these type of incidences. It's called "offend and accuse." One party tries to take action to prevent being victimized any further and the offender/abuser/manipulator tries to turn the tables. I think it's a bogus claim by Shawn who was hoping that LE would disregard the 911 calls Billie made and was designed to minimize and downplay his role in the situation. JMHO
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #799 on: January 21, 2011, 01:16:14 PM »

I was just trying to come up with a reason to why maybe Marc is siding and believing in Billie. He is the one spending time with her, none of us are, maybe one on one talking he sees things we don't see, how would I know. Yes, Billie has made unwise decisions, has said contradicting statements on Nancy Grace, takes drugs, but choose not to kick the woman while she is down. I don't believe she has anything to do with whatever happened to Hailey, but of course I may be wrong.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.