April 26, 2024, 08:41:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #3 1/17/11 - 1/22/11  (Read 168359 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #880 on: January 21, 2011, 10:43:48 PM »

Well, Billie may not be as smart as some thinks she should be; but, there's one thing for sure - she's got NG's number!   

You bet!

Janet

I just wish that Billie would use some of her insight to comprehend the obvious involvement that Shawn Adkins had in the disappearance of her daughter.  That guy has such an emotional hold on her and he is so not worth it.  Why doesn't she get it!

Janet

IMO if Billie admits all of that, then she has to accept what might have happened to Hailey - she's been telling us that she wants to talk about a live Hailey - that's what she wants - so she's not "emotionally ready" to accept stuff about Shawn.  I don't think it's because of what she cares for Shawn, I think it's because of what she thinks about Hailey.  She's not ready to think in any way except for a live Hailey.  She told us that more than one. 

If I were she, and I had the possibility of someone *I* brought into the kids lives killing one of them - particularly having missed flat-out warnings both by Shawn as well as by the daughter, I wouldn't be able to handle it.  I really wouldn't.  I am sure that the psychologist that NG had on is absolutely correct in that Billie is in a lot of denial, and I'd add that it's probably protective denial because once she realizes the possibility of what she dragged her daughter into..... it's going to be really really bad.

Agree and thought the psychologist on NG show is probably corrent that Billie is in a lot of denial. 

Also, she's responed a few time to questions by saying she didn't know that or hadn't heard that.  Now we're reading that after NG's shows she's calling LE and they're having to calm her down.  With this knowledge, it makes sense that she's now saying that LE has assured her if something big breaks in the case that they will tell her before they tell the press.  I guess she's made her point with LE that she doesn't want to hear something bad from the press or on the NG show as breaking news.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #881 on: January 21, 2011, 10:50:54 PM »

I agree, I don't believe it's a duplex and to add, if the house across the street is the one that Clint and his girlfriend were living in it was no longer boarded up.

Don't forget, the images in Google Maps and other maps is not current.  If I google my house the image is from over 2 years ago.

Yeah, the pictures in Google of my house and my childhood house are at least a good 1-2 years old.  I can tell by where I parked the horse trailers and what trucks I still had in the yard. -_-   So it's possible that the boarded up house across the street has been fixed since then. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: January 21, 2011, 10:51:12 PM »

IMO if Billie admits all of that, then she has to accept what might have happened to Hailey - she's been telling us that she wants to talk about a live Hailey - that's what she wants - so she's not "emotionally ready" to accept stuff about Shawn.  I don't think it's because of what she cares for Shawn, I think it's because of what she thinks about Hailey.  She's not ready to think in any way except for a live Hailey.  She told us that more than one. 

If I were she, and I had the possibility of someone *I* brought into the kids lives killing one of them - particularly having missed flat-out warnings both by Shawn as well as by the daughter, I wouldn't be able to handle it.  I really wouldn't.  I am sure that the psychologist that NG had on is absolutely correct in that Billie is in a lot of denial, and I'd add that it's probably protective denial because once she realizes the possibility of what she dragged her daughter into..... it's going to be really really bad.
[/quote]

... and Marc Klaas is abetting a desperate/volunerable Billie in that denial rather than encouraging her to accept the reality of it all.  This is the only way that Billie can move forward in a quest for answers and when those answers are forthcoming ... she can then move forward in the justice process.

1.  Marc knows that a live Hailey did not leave that home ... the jacket left behind tells the story.

2.  Marc knows that Shawn lied regarding his abrupt departure from his workplace a short time after arriving.

3.  Marc knows that Shawn lied about returning home after leaving his workplace ... returning home prior to driving to Big Bridge.

I am so disappointed in Marc Klaas.  There must be something that is clouding his judgement?  What is it?

Janet

++++++++

Bond Forms Between Billie Dunn and Father of Murder Victim
Thursday, January 20 2011

Dunn couldn't help but fear the worst.

"(It's) the scariest thing ever," said Dunn. "I'm living every parent's nightmare. Right now, it's my reality."

Now that Marc Klaas, of KlaasKids, has come to town, Dunn tells KTAB News she has a renewed hope she'll see her daughter again.

"Instead of me being the only one saying it myself, now I have Marc and Brad telling me 'you can still be hopeful'," said Dunn. "Your daughter can still come home and be safe. You can get back to that normalcy."

Klaas says having personally been in Dunn's shoes before, he can relate to what she's going through and knows staying hopeful is what will keep her going.

"You know, if nothing else, I represent the aftermath," said Klaas. "I'm the light at the end of the tunnel? I don't know. I'm the guy who has been there, done that and still standing on my own feet moving forward."

While Billie Dunn was suspicious of her live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins at one point, she's now not sure if he had anything to do with her disappearance.

"It's something I thought about a little bit," said Dunn. "I don't really believe that."

At this point, no one knows if Adkins had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance. Billie and Klaas are hopeful they'll see Hailey again.

"To my knowledge, there isn't any evidence of foul play found," said Dunn. "I know that my daughter can still be alive."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333586

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #883 on: January 21, 2011, 10:52:08 PM »

FYI...kind of O/T and not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but there is another 13 year old girl missing from Lubbock, Tx last seen Jan 5th. All I have so far is this Facebook link 

facebook.com/find.elizabeth.ennen

Thanks!

I created a thread for her in Missing Endangered Runaways:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=64.0
Lubbock is about an hour from CCity right? I find this disturbing and it does not sound like a run away to me. What the heck is going on? She has been missing since Jan 5 and again LE calls it a runaway and we are just hearing about this now. Why is Texas so quick to call so many cases a "runaway"? 

I do not think it is just Texas who is so quick to call so many cases a runaway.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: January 21, 2011, 10:54:52 PM »

[/quote]

... and Marc Klaas is abetting a desperate/volunerable Billie in that denial rather than encouraging her to accept the reality of it all.  This is the only way that Billie can move forward in a quest for answers and when those answers are forthcoming ... she can then move forward in the justice process.

1.  Marc knows that a live Hailey did not leave that home ... the jacket left behind tells the story.

2.  Marc knows that Shawn lied regarding his abrupt departure from his workplace a short time after arriving.

3.  Marc knows that Shawn lied about returning home after leaving his workplace ... returning home prior to driving to Big Bridge.

I am so disappointed in Marc Klaas.  There must be something that is clouding his judgement?  What is it?

Janet

++++++++

"(It's) the scariest thing ever," said Dunn. "I'm living every parent's nightmare. Right now, it's my reality."

Now that Marc Klaas, of KlaasKids, has come to town, Dunn tells KTAB News she has a renewed hope she'll see her daughter again.

"Instead of me being the only one saying it myself, now I have Marc and Brad telling me 'you can still be hopeful'," said Dunn. "Your daughter can still come home and be safe. You can get back to that normalcy."

Klaas says having personally been in Dunn's shoes before, he can relate to what she's going through and knows staying hopeful is what will keep her going.

"You know, if nothing else, I represent the aftermath," said Klaas. "I'm the light at the end of the tunnel? I don't know. I'm the guy who has been there, done that and still standing on my own feet moving forward."

While Billie Dunn was suspicious of her live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins at one point, she's now not sure if he had anything to do with her disappearance.

"It's something I thought about a little bit," said Dunn. "I don't really believe that."

At this point, no one knows if Adkins had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance. Billie and Klaas are hopeful they'll see Hailey again.

"To my knowledge, there isn't any evidence of foul play found," said Dunn. "I know that my daughter can still be alive."

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: January 21, 2011, 10:58:03 PM »

Klaas/Mods - Please delete post 882 and 884.  I really messed up.

Thanks

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: January 21, 2011, 10:58:41 PM »

starwynn

Marc Klaas is abetting a desperate/volunerable Billie in that denial rather than encouraging her to accept the reality of it all.  This is the only way that Billie can move forward in a quest for answers and when those answers are forthcoming ... she can then move forward in the justice process.

Janet

++++++++

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #887 on: January 21, 2011, 10:59:51 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: January 21, 2011, 11:00:26 PM »

Scrabble Time!

Good Night All

Janet
8:00 PM PT

_____

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #889 on: January 21, 2011, 11:14:41 PM »

Please correct me if I'm wrong (and of course delete my post), but I keep having some vague recall of some animosity between MK and TM during a couple years back.  My perception at the time was that TM was getting all the attention and MK was slightly jealous.  I believe it was during the height of the Caylee search.  Because it's been reported that TES was on standby for Hailey but was never utilized and MK has been so pro BD from the beginning, I wonder if any of that is coming into play.  (sure hope I chose my words wisely enough)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: January 21, 2011, 11:26:06 PM »

Please correct me if I'm wrong (and of course delete my post), but I keep having some vague recall of some animosity between MK and TM during a couple years back.  My perception at the time was that TM was getting all the attention and MK was slightly jealous.  I believe it was during the height of the Caylee search.  Because it's been reported that TES was on standby for Hailey but was never utilized and MK has been so pro BD from the beginning, I wonder if any of that is coming into play.  (sure hope I chose my words wisely enough)

You did, and it was, and it could be. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #891 on: January 21, 2011, 11:39:01 PM »

Thanks Fanny!  Was fairly certain it wasn't my imagination, but so much has happened since then...well, one never knows 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: January 21, 2011, 11:40:51 PM »

Thanks Fanny!  Was fairly certain it wasn't my imagination, but so much has happened since then...well, one never knows 

There was also bad blood between Leonard Padilla and TM. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: January 22, 2011, 12:05:17 AM »

Missing teen's father putting faith in God that his daughter will be found  (with video)

COLORADO CITY, TX (KCBD) - Friday night hundreds of people came to the First Baptist Church in Colorado City for a prayer vigil for Hailey Dunn. "Everybody is going to get together and pray for Hailey at the same time and give it to the Lord," said her father Clint Dunn.

After nearly 4 weeks, Clint said he's putting his faith in God that his daughter will be found. "Definitely I've put my trust in God. I guess you call upon God in your most desperate moments."

Search parties under Klaas Kids and the Laura Recovery Center have gone well, but Mark Klaas said unity needs to be achieved. "Obviously the goal is to bring Hailey home but everybody is working in isolation from everybody else," Klaas said.

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer said the number of people from outside agencies working on the case has lessened. He estimates about 10 people per day working on the case, down from 30 a week ago. "It's disappointing. I wish they'd call more people in to see what's going on, but I guess they're giving up," Dunn said.

Kampfer insists they're not giving up and that their investigation will continue even if numbers are lower. Dunn said conversations with Hailey's mother Billie are also less frequent. "We're in the same book, but not in the same page. We're not keeping a lot of contact, especially since the affidavits came out."

Those affidavits provided more information on Billie and her former live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins. Adkins has been named a person of interest in the case. Clint said he tries not to think about that, and instead wants to focus on the positives, like community support. "It's made me realize people that don't know you at all can care so deeply and be so passionate about a person they've never met."

Search efforts will resume Saturday at 9 a.m. Those interested should be at least 18 and bring picture identification to the Colorado City Civic Center.

http://www.newschannel10.com/Global/story.asp?S=13887971
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: January 22, 2011, 12:09:35 AM »

Intimate Prayer Session Held For Hailey Dunn (with video)

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- About 150 people came to the First Baptist Church of Colorado City to pray for Hailey and one group close to her passed out special reminders of the lost little girl.

Buttons were made by fellow 8th graders at Hailey's school that have Hailey's picture and a simple message on them, 'Have you seen me? Call 9-1-1.'

We asked Hailey's classmate, Brittany Edmiston, what she hopes people prayed for tonight, "Nothing negative," She said, "Everything positive and just hoping she comes home safe."

Media was not allowed inside but we were able to ask what the mayor of Colorado City was going to ask during her time to reflect about Hailey.

"I thought about it real hard last night." Mayor Carl Sue Dakan said, "Basically what I'm going to say is that 13 years ago the Lord gave his child to Billie and Clint to raise. Today that child is lost and we need help in finding her. We need to bring her home and I'm gonna ask the good lord to be sure and sharpen everybody's eyes and to guide their steps."

Search volunteers meet daily at the Colorado City Civic center at 9 am

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26578730/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: January 22, 2011, 12:16:46 AM »

Vigils, searches continue for missing Colorado City girl (with pictures)

COLORADO CITY — The outpouring of support for Hailey Dunn and her family continued Friday as approximately 115 people attended a vigil at First Baptist Church to pray for the safe return of 13-year-old Hailey, who has been missing for more than three weeks.

Dawn Davis, senior case manager for Laura Recovery Center, who along with the KlaasKids Foundation has been helping volunteers organize the search for the Colorado Middle School student all week, commended the community for its efforts.

"When I look out at the people here, my heart is so full," Davis said to a crowd that filled the church's gymnasium.

Added Brad Dennis of KlaasKids, "We came here to hopefully be a blessing to you. What we received in return is a blessing from you."

Earlier in the day, law enforcement officials said searches at landfills in Colorado City and Snyder on Thursday came as a result of hits on previous searches at both sites by cadaver dogs. New teams of cadaver dogs were used in the landfill searches, which are part of the ongoing hunt for evidence in the Dunn case.

"But the hits were not necessarily related to the Hailey Dunn case," said Pete Kampfer, Colorado City city manager and media liaison for the task force. "Then they send a second team of dogs out to corroborate certain areas where the dogs hit."

On Thursday night's broadcast of "Nancy Grace" on HLN, it was reported that the dogs hit on evidence directly related to the case.

"I did not say that," Kampfer said. "I don't know where they got that information."

In an effort to keep Hailey's face in the public eye, buttons with her photo, which were made by middle school students, were handed out to those at the vigil.

"You can wear a T-shirt, but you can't wear a T-shirt every day, so they thought, 'We can wear a button every day' just keep that face out there," said Andra Maxwell, a history teacher at the middle school.

Hailey's estranged parents, Clint Dunn and Billie Jean Dunn, were in attendance.

"It really lifts my spirits when we have these events and I see all the people that care," Billie Jean Dunn said.

"This warms my heart," Clint Dunn said. "It can't make me feel good about the situation, but I feel the love."

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/21/vigils-searches-continue-for-missing-colorado/?partner=RSS
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #896 on: January 22, 2011, 01:34:43 AM »

street view,of 1804 CHESTNUT ST,looks to be a duplex
house on right of map,on corner 18th and chestnut,the house
across the street is boarded up,wonder if it still is
http://www.vpike.com/?place=1804+Chestnut%2C+Colorado+City%2C+TX

What makes you think 1804 is a duplex? Because of the car parked on the side? I looked at it on Google maps and noticed the boarded up house across the street the other night too.

im wrong, on 18th looking at house,it looked like 2 meters

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: January 22, 2011, 02:40:11 AM »

Cappuccino says....
"In the recent 911 call released it became evident that Billie was taking pain pills way prior to what happened to Haleigh, hmmm for someone relatively young it needs to be asked why & if it was with a doctor's prescription for something specific.   Did she take Klonopin on her own on top of that?... "

I only quoted this portion of Cappy's post because it's long and I just wanted to focus on this area. Is there an article, where Billie claims to have script, or to have taken klonopin, because I haven't seen it anywhere. I believe the klonopin accusation came from Shawn...IIRC after Billie had placed several 911 calls for assistance, Shawn then called later in the day and told the dispatcher that Billie was suicidal. Sorry, but I think he was full of crap and trying to attack her emotional stability (if she had any then) and therefore her credibility. This isn't all that unusual in these type of incidences. It's called "offend and accuse." One party tries to take action to prevent being victimized any further and the offender/abuser/manipulator tries to turn the tables. I think it's a bogus claim by Shawn who was hoping that LE would disregard the 911 calls Billie made and was designed to minimize and downplay his role in the situation. JMHO

I asked if she on her own was taking Klonopin which indicates that there may be a chance he gave it to her willingly or forcibly.  But I will duly note that she also took medication other than for her "bad tooth" excuse & I think they both had it prevent purposefully or otherwise being able to take the original lie detector test.   That drug run Billie went with Shawn the day Hailey was last seen, she has yet to show a prescription or name the doctor who prescribed something for her.  It is my opinion Billie is a drug user & she is lying about it.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: January 22, 2011, 02:57:58 AM »

Thanks Luvmyboys!

Yesterday I posted about Clint and Naomi, the sighting of Hailey and the 6-7 yr old boy on Dec 27th, and the earring David found in Clint's empty house, it didn't go over very well. I'm just trying to keep an open mind. I also don't think Billie is a complete airhead, I believe she is in shock, disbelief and denial...I've dealt with 2 missing loved ones, both ended up dead and there has never been any justice for either of them. I speak from experience and unless you've been there it's impossible for anyone to know how someone should react, respond and how they should act while facing the most difficult situation life can throw your way. I feel compassion and see strength in Billie Dunn...ducking from nanner throwers now...

I sincerely am sorry for your losses & there is no need to throw nanners at you or anyone for your thoughts or opinions.  I dont think that most are merely cutting up how Billie is reacting, its more her behavior leading up to this horrid event & blatant lies that are being questioned.  I just happen to disagree completely that A) Hailey's father had anything to do with what happened to her & do believe that LE did whatever they had to do to eliminate them as suspects already B) Billie's lies & contradictions have nothing to do with shock, disbelief and/or denial...the truth is pure & simple no matter the circumstance, a lie is based on deception & only more dishonesty stems from it which has been exhibited several times over already.  Your experience has nothing to do with what happened in this case nor can or should it be compared to, the truth is Billie allowed that monster in her home amongst her children knowing full well he was threatening, a bad influence to have around her children & just plain twisted...she is responsible for that & will have to face it sooner or later. 

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: January 22, 2011, 03:48:31 AM »

Thanks Luvmyboys!

Yesterday I posted about Clint and Naomi, the sighting of Hailey and the 6-7 yr old boy on Dec 27th, and the earring David found in Clint's empty house, it didn't go over very well. I'm just trying to keep an open mind. I also don't think Billie is a complete airhead, I believe she is in shock, disbelief and denial...I've dealt with 2 missing loved ones, both ended up dead and there has never been any justice for either of them. I speak from experience and unless you've been there it's impossible for anyone to know how someone should react, respond and how they should act while facing the most difficult situation life can throw your way. I feel compassion and see strength in Billie Dunn...ducking from nanner throwers now...

Why not condoning Billie poor choices that put Hailey at risk ... I agree.

Janet

I raised 3 kids single handed and I'll be the first to admit I was from from perfect. Life is a process of personal evolution, our personality and perceptions are ever changing based on our own personal experiences. I'm sure in hindsight others here would be honest in admitting that they too have made some questionable decisions regarding significant others and with regards to their parenting skills, we all make mistakes...difference is, our child isn't missing and we haven't been put under a microscope of suspiscion and had our lives picked apart and judged by those who don't know us.
So very true, and you said it so much better than I could have. Just imagine being a mom or dad with a missing child, and everything you say, wear and do, someone is there examining every aspect of it. We all I'm sure have made questionable decisions, and I can't imagine if I were in that position how I would be ripping apart everything I did and the guilt of thinking that the child is gone because I did something wrong. 

I hear what you are saying but letting a twisted soul that was threatening the life of others into her house repetitively knowing the risk to herself & her children is a heck of bit more than a lack of parenting skills or a mere "mistake."  No, its reckless, selfish & totally irresponsible behavior from a parent & I for one cannot & will not give her any stretch of a pass on that.  Her elicit drug use, another unacceptable practice as a parent in my view is secondary but not to be ignored either.   There is even a very slim chance Shawn didnt harm Hailey (my gut feeling is he is responsible) BUT the rest of his behavior is depraved & violent so NO parent should have ever let that around their children, this is what she is being criticized for the most, deservingly so.   Most parents, albeit none totally perfect wouldnt have to contemplate that level of disregard for the well-being of their children because they wouldnt have allowed that level of high risk to enter their home much less stay in it after what has been evidenced in this case as severe threats & continuous nasty fights.   As a single parent for at least half of my childrens' minor years, I can assure you no blatant threat came near my children much less move in to reek havoc & harm to any of us as well as there was no man worth one second of my childrens' lives being ignored, neglected or risked.   If she feels ripped apart, she should & I dont envy her every day from this point on.     There is no excuse in today's society with 24/7 news cycles, internet, educational opportunities, informative programming, etc why any parent could be this dense & reckless.  Some may find my view harsh & with a lack of empathy for Billie but my life's work had witnessed first hand way too many children suffering at the hand's of adults I have no need to feel sorry for, Billie included.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.