June 03, 2024, 10:24:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #3 1/17/11 - 1/22/11  (Read 170861 times)
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #460 on: January 20, 2011, 03:17:14 AM »

Personally I am very offended with Mark Klass. He is hovering over and protecting Billie, but why ?
I am not a pro in these missing children cases, and I have seen many
inconsistancies when Billie speaks on the NG show.

Is he sticking by her side because she appears to become more frail and disraught with
every passing day ?

Is he trying to get her to "fess up" so Hailey can be found and laid to rest ?

What do u all think about this ?

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #461 on: January 20, 2011, 07:08:44 AM »

Personally I am very offended with Mark Klass. He is hovering over and protecting Billie, but why ?

Is he sticking by her side because she appears to become more frail and disraught with
every passing day ?

It seems to me MK has taken a very protective stance towards Billie. 
His words and support last night on NG were over the top, imo. 
I am confused and hope he hasn't fixated on his 'good' opinion of her.  It seems to me he was reaching in offering various theories of what may have happened to Hailey, including a stranger abduction.   

MK is often very outspoken and I doubt his motive is to get her to "fess up" - ICBW.   
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #462 on: January 20, 2011, 07:56:19 AM »

every passing day ?

I am confused and hope he hasn't fixated on his 'good' opinion of her.  It seems to me he was reaching in offering various theories of what may have happened to Hailey, including a stranger abduction.   

MK is often very outspoken and I doubt his motive is to get her to "fess up" - ICBW.   

I think that Mark was there for Billie cause he feels that she is innocent..she is the mother of a missing child. He feels compassion for her. Even though she may not have been the best mother in the world, none of us knows if she did anything more than use horrible bad judgment in her relationship with Shawn. I trust MK a lot.. I think that he is usually right on with his opinions..
I think that he is just showing support to a mother who is suffering the loss of her child..jmo..

Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #463 on: January 20, 2011, 08:12:36 AM »

Could someone please let me know if I have my facts straight?

Clint - I understood to live across the field and that he moved there to be close to his children.

I now understand that he has moved away very recently, but we're just hearing about this today.  Seems like "news" to me so early in this case.

Also, that the move was percipitated because where he and his girlfriend lived was in her name and not his, so he had to move.

Okay....does that mean that the "girlfriend" moved there originally so that Clint could be close to David and Hailey??

Guess that means he hasn't lived there the whole time since the divorce with Billie.

Did this move happen somewhat quickly?

That's how I understood it and yes, seems like they moved rather suddenly.  Maybe because of the media attention the landlord found out that Clint was living there when he shouldn't be.  Could be that's why they are moving so suddenly.

A few pages back a monkey posted that Clint and the girl friend had to move because they were in subsidized housing and Clint wasn't on the lease. I have a friend that works for HUD. Basically, Clint and the girlfriend have committed fraud. If he wasn't on the lease, then his income was not factored into the subsidy, only the girlfriend's was and since she recently had a baby and I believe is not working at this time, she probably receives some sort of assistance in the form of welfare and maybe foodstamps, again Clint's income was not factored into the equation. I highly doubt it is the landlord that removed Clint and the girlfriend from the home, but suspect it was the county housing authority, that oversees HUD funds, and the section 8 program. In a nutshell it appears Clint and the girlfriend have committed fraud in order to receive federal funds made available to poor and needy families....
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #464 on: January 20, 2011, 08:18:09 AM »

To add to my above post....if you have been convicted of a crime, including any drug related, then you are not eligible to receive section 8.

This may be why Billie has stated the she is the parent that provides food and clotheing and other needs for her 2 children, I doubt she gets any child support. While I'm not necessarily defending her, it appears to me, Clint has also chosen a lifestyle that is less than stellar...IMHO
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #465 on: January 20, 2011, 08:21:16 AM »

every passing day ?

When MK first started speaking up for BD I really was confused by him.  I'm used to seeing him posture against all the bad rents we've seen lately.  I personally think BD is culpable in some way but the more I hear her talk and see the result of her bad decisions I can't help but think that he feels sorry for her because he might feel she is a bit slow.!?  Maybe, I dunno!  I believe she is a dumb country girl who may not even realize how bad she is being portrayed on tv.  Ya know I've seen a lot of nurses in my field and I've met some that I would be scared if they took care of me cause they had no common sense but could read, comprehend and pass tests but just didn't get real life.  That is what she reminds me of, no common sense and no self esteem.  I'm prolly wrong but she is so off in her emotions, actions, reactions that I feel she is lacking some sort of smart gene!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #466 on: January 20, 2011, 09:53:48 AM »

every passing day ?

I think that Mark was there for Billie cause he feels that she is innocent..she is the mother of a missing child. He feels compassion for her. Even though she may not have been the best mother in the world, none of us knows if she did anything more than use horrible bad judgment in her relationship with Shawn. I trust MK a lot.. I think that he is usually right on with his opinions..
I think that he is just showing support to a mother who is suffering the loss of her child..jmo..

Could be cookie.  I hope so.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #467 on: January 20, 2011, 10:02:54 AM »

every passing day ?

When MK first started speaking up for BD I really was confused by him.  I'm used to seeing him posture against all the bad rents we've seen lately.  I personally think BD is culpable in some way but the more I hear her talk and see the result of her bad decisions I can't help but think that he feels sorry for her because he might feel she is a bit slow.!?  Maybe, I dunno!  I believe she is a dumb country girl who may not even realize how bad she is being portrayed on tv.  Ya know I've seen a lot of nurses in my field and I've met some that I would be scared if they took care of me cause they had no common sense but could read, comprehend and pass tests but just didn't get real life.  That is what she reminds me of, no common sense and no self esteem.  I'm prolly wrong but she is so off in her emotions, actions, reactions that I feel she is lacking some sort of smart gene!

If she has been the sole provider for her kids, that is something to be proud of.  Not easy I'm sure.  I just wish single Mom's would give priority to their kids and put their needs on hold until this important job has been completed.  Easier said than done, I know. It seems she is reluctant to give up on Shawn completely.

Where is Hailey?  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #468 on: January 20, 2011, 10:14:55 AM »

Spokesman: Hailey's Body Needed for Successful Prosecution (with video)

Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer made one thing clear about the investigation into the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn: whether she's the victim of a crime or simply ran away, law enforcement's focus is to find Hailey Dunn.
In an interview Wednesday with KTAB's Priscilla Luong, Kampfer reiterated that the law enforcement side of the case is intensifying. He says officers are working to corroborate the information and tips they've put together. A focus of the investigation continues to be the only named suspect in Hailey's disappearance, Shawn Adkins.

"We're going back over things that he has made statements to and corroborating that and anything related to searches that come up with him -- and areas that he's been in and other witnesses related to him," said Kampfer about the boyfriend of Hailey's mother.

Kampfer also discussed why an arrest hasn't yet been made in the case. He made it clear that in many cases of this nature, a body is key to successful prosecution.

"In talking to the prosecutor, that (body) is something they would like to have," said Kampfer. "We're about that right now. To whatever the status of Hailey (is), we're looking for Hailey."

Kampfer said while hope remains alive that Hailey could still be alive, investigators have gone through quite a bit of disappointment as they follow leads.

It's a roller coaster," said Kampfer. "Some days we get good leads and we want to be able to follow up on things that would say that she's in good order. As time goes on and we don't have her...it's something of pessimism."

As volunteers take to fields by the dozens to search, many have questioned why Hailey's family isn't more directly involved in search efforts. Kampfer says he's the type of parent who would be out searching himself. However, he made it clear he understands those who would choose otherwise.

"Maybe there's an aspect in their minds that if they were out looking and they did find a body, they don't want to be there to discover that body," said Kampfer. "I can understand not being directly involved in the search."

Kampfer says he's given Clint and Billie Dunn his phone number so they can call him whenever they need updates.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333306
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #469 on: January 20, 2011, 10:17:26 AM »

Hailey Dunn's parents overwhelmed by number of volunteer searchers

COLORADO CITY — The parents of Hailey Dunn, who disappeared from Colorado City more than three weeks ago, said they were overwhelmed Wednesday by the outpouring of support from volunteers who showed up to search for their daughter.

By 3 p.m., almost 50 volunteers had signed on to help with the search, organized by two national organizations — the KlaasKids Foundation and the Laura Recovery Center for Missing Children.

"It makes me happy," said Clint Dunn, Hailey's father. He was at the Colorado City

Civic Center to greet and thank the volunteers Wednesday morning.

"I had to come down here and see with my own eyes that there are angels," he said.

In the afternoon, Billie Jean Dunn wept openly after volunteers gathered around her and said a prayer for her daughter. Later, she thanked the volunteers.

"Thank you to all the crews that are working," she said. "We want to find Hailey happy and smiling again."

Neither Billie Jean Dunn nor Clint Dunn joined in the search efforts.

"I would not want to be there if she was found," Clint Dunn said.

A number of the volunteers who registered have been searching for 13-year-old Hailey since she was reported missing by her mother on Dec. 28.

After registering, volunteers were issued neon orange vests and divided in three teams. The search teams combed 10 areas inside the city limits.

"We are going into a lot of areas you have already searched," Brad Dennis, director of the search center for the KlaasKids Foundation, told the searchers during the morning briefing.

Dawn Davis, representing the Laura Recovery Center, cautioned the volunteers not to touch or disturb anything they find that could be considered evidence.

"We want to make sure what we are doing out here is for Hailey," Davis said. "If the worst has happened, we want to make sure someone is held accountable.

Kristy Lloyd, who said she had looked for Hailey soon after the girl's disappearance, decided to rejoin the search.

"I want to get out there and bring her home," Lloyd said,

Lloyd, a secretary at Colorado Middle School, where Hailey Dunn is a student, took the day off to join in the hunt. She said students still hold out hope that Hailey will be found alive.

"The students are being proactive and that is how they are coping," Lloyd said.

Bill Markonas, a Big Spring resident, said that driving by a collection teddy bears, which are displayed alongside State Highway 208 just north of Colorado City, prompted him to register.

"It touched me," Markonas said, adding that he has grandchildren and stepchildren.

Beginning at 9 a.m. daily, volunteers will conduct grid searches that take from two to four hours. The searchers will return to the command center at 3 p.m. each day to be debriefed by organizers.

Davis said she hopes more volunteers will register.

"I'd like to triple the number," she said. "They can come any time to register."

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/19/hailey-dunns-parentsoverwhelmed-by-number-of/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #470 on: January 20, 2011, 10:18:54 AM »

Hailey's Older Brother Is Moved From Dunn Home In Colorado City (with video)

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- KTXS learned Wednesday that Hailey Dunn's older brother, David, has been taken into temporary custody of Child Protective Services.

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer said it is common practice to remove a child when a situation like this occurs.

However, on the "Nancy Grace" show Wednesday night, Billie Dunn told Grace that is not the case. She said her son is living with her brother and visiting every day. Billie Dunn said there was too much craziness going on, and she felt it was best if David stayed with her brother.

Meanwhile, also on Wednesday, for the first time, law enforcement worked with volunteer searchers and two national foundations to give them direction.

KlaasKids and the Laura Recovery Center Foundation trained volunteers Wednesday morning how to go about searching for Hailey.

Hailey's father, Clint Dunn, joined the group of about 55 searchers, to offer up his support.

"I don't want to join in the search – I can't," he said. "I don't want to. It's just amazing seeing these people the community pull together like this."

He said he can't search because he's not willing to face what could be found in the fields.

Clint Dunn especially took time today to thank and motivate "Hailey's Angels," a name given to those who have searched for weeks now.

Out in the field, volunteers covered ground that law enforcement flagged to KlaasKids search director Brad Dennis.

KlaasKids plans to be here throughout the weekend, but officials say that's not when the search ends.

"You search until you get answers," Dennis said.

Local volunteers say the help is huge. "It's a lot more organized," said searcher Glenda Turner.

"I'm not as young as a lot of people, but I'm sticking it out and going to do it," said Shirley Crawford.

They all say they'll search until Hailey is found.

"Unfortunately, we are looking wooded areas, and anything your going to find out here is not something you want to find," Holly Jenkins said.

Meanwhile, law enforcement officials are keeping a tight lid on their investigation..

Kampfer did say the search in area landfills may not be over yet.

Volunteers will meet again Thursday morning at the Colorado City Civic Center.

Anyone is welcome to come join the search. EmailPrint

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26545922/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #471 on: January 20, 2011, 10:20:14 AM »

Search For Hailey Slowing; National Search Organizations Offer Support To Family (with video)

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- The search across three different counties for Hailey is starting to run into obstacles. The number of volunteers is dwindling, and private property is creating holes in search areas where volunteers aren't allowed to go without permission.

Brad Dennis, director of operations for Klaaskids Foundation, said, "I've been doing this for 25 years." Dennis has seen countless grassroots efforts made by communities to search for missing children, and even he's impressed with the effort made by people in Colorado City and the surrounding area.

The founder of the organization, Marc Klaas, was in Colorado City Wednesday night, offering his support to the family was at the center of this search and what better person to do so than someone who has been in their shoes.

"I endured 65 days of what they're enduring now," Klaas said.

His daughter Polly was kidnapped in 1994, so he's here to give the assistance he says he needed when his daughter was missing.

"It seems like the most nightmarish situation you can imagine," Klaas said.

While Klaas is here for the family, his foundation is helping to organize the search. They're tracking the areas volunteers have searched for authorities, but they're running into problems.

"It's an obstacle in the great land of Texas," Dennis said, "because everyone owns huge tracks of land here."

Privately owned property can stretch for miles and creates ideal hiding areas volunteers aren't able to search.

"Kids can go in there and go play," Dennis said. "Vehicles can drive in there at all hours of the day and night, and no one knows about it, but I can't go and search because that's someone's property."

They're telling private property owners in the area around Colorado City, and Dunn volunteers are available to help search their land if the size is overwhelming, and if they don't want volunteers on their property to please search the land themselves.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26551567/detail.html
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #472 on: January 20, 2011, 10:27:38 AM »

Amen Can!  After a seperation/divorce/never having a father, it's already hard for a single Mom and her child or children and to complicate things even more, bringing in BF after BF is so confusing to the kids and it's  not funny nor healthy.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...if I ever lost my husband there is no way I could even think of bringing another man in his life while he was young and looking to me as a role model.  Once they grow up and are as healthy and happy as can be then the parent can do for themselves.  I am not knocking to any remarried poster or one who is dating with children!  I am talking about the women who think it's more important to make herself happy and the relationship/bedroom turnover is too frequent.  Please don't be offended anyone, this is only my opinion of what I would/wouldn't do and not for everyone.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: January 20, 2011, 10:37:08 AM »

I believe that LE messed up when it was stated in the affidavit that Shawn threatened the life of Hailey.  The 911 calls from Billie clearly state the threats were made against her and her ex-husband.

Why Billie ever let Shawn back is beyond me?  In my world it would not happen.

Janet

+++++

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332786

<snipped>

The affidavits signed on Jan. 7 say Adkins originally told authorities that he never threatened Hailey during the dispute, but that he then admitting to threaten the lives of both Hailey and Billie.

<snipped>

Billie is telling the truth to Nancy Grace.  She never mentioned in the 911 calls that Shawn had threatened Hailey.  I think LE messed up.  Could it be the affidavit should have stated Billie and Clint ... not Billie and Hailey.

Nevetheless ... I cannot comprehend why Billie allowed Shawn to move back in following his threats to her Clint's lives.

Janet

++++++

NANCY GRACE
911 Calls From Missing Hailey`s Mother About Boyfriend Adkins
Aired January 19, 2011 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: Billie, what happened surrounding your 911 calls regarding Shawn Adkins threatening to kill you and Hailey?

BILLIE DUNN: OK. He didn`t threaten to kill Hailey. They weren`t frantic 911 calls. I called the police from work because Shawn had been threatening me, and he said he was coming to my house while I was at work and I didn`t want him in here. And he was making threats to my life.

GRACE: OK. In the affidavits, the police affidavits, it states that you said he had threatened to kill you and Hailey. So were you telling the truth...

BILLIE DUNN: He said that. I never said that.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/19/ng.01.html

JANET, how are you so sure Billie didn't just didn't tell the police that night Shawn had threatened Hailey too? Shawn admitted to the police he did. She has hedged and picked her words when speaking about him even now. I am sure she had a habit of downplaying anything bad about Shawn because she loves him. She's still skirting any of his bad issues. I believe she still wants him back and will do so at the first opportunity.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #474 on: January 20, 2011, 10:42:46 AM »

Curious, does SA have a DAD?  In Grandpa's Obit she was C.A.and must have remarried since?  Does anyone know if Honeybuns  has a DAD?

Does BJ  Monkey Devil! does she have a DAD?

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #475 on: January 20, 2011, 10:42:50 AM »

I don't understand phone pings and gave up on that stuff during Caylee's case, but I was just reading that if you wrap your cell phone in tin foil your phone won't ping. Does anyone know if that is true?
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #476 on: January 20, 2011, 10:48:55 AM »

every passing day ?

Lake Erie 

Me thinks Mark is a gentleman, he has a pure soul and looks for the best in people, my guess. Women have better instincts.
Women have an inner feeling about BJ  . Men see facts in Black and White. Women know this is screwy and just can not prove it, yet.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #477 on: January 20, 2011, 10:56:32 AM »

I don't understand phone pings and gave up on that stuff during Caylee's case, but I was just reading that if you wrap your cell phone in tin foil your phone won't ping. Does anyone know if that is true?

I'm not sure about the aluminum foil, but I do know you can take the battery out and it will not ping. I know I wrapped my head in aluminum foil to keep Spindy's vibes out of there, but it didn't help much. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #478 on: January 20, 2011, 11:02:10 AM »

Noticed on a press release NR posted on this thread, page 18 reply #356 that :

Investigators have found evidence both in Colorado City and in other locations, "said Kampfer, a former special agent with the FBI."

I don't recall ever seeing it mentioned that Kampfer was a former FBI agent, suppose thats why he was made spokesperson in this little hick town?

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/19/texas.missing.cheerleader/index.html?section=cnn_latest
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #479 on: January 20, 2011, 11:04:22 AM »

In the affidavit it said that Shawn had a Blackberry. They have a GPS chip so even if he blocked pings his phone can still be tracked through that chip whether the phone is pinging or not if he did not disable the GPS (not sure you can do this on the newer Blackberrys).  Lyle the lawyer needs to wrap his head in tin foil IMO. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.