March 28, 2024, 09:46:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gun Violence & The Community  (Read 1019 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 13, 2011, 12:58:36 PM »

"Spike Lee Attacks NRA, Calls USA 'Most Violent Country in History of Civilization' "

Watch clip here - http://nation.foxnews.com/spike-lee/2011/01/13/spike-lee-attacks-nra-calls-usa-most-violent-country-history-civilization

Where is the violence?  In rural America?  In urban America?

If you ranked every square mile/zip code in America by the number of gun deaths, injuries, and other acts of crime (using a gun), what would the distribution look like?

Would a few zip codes make up say the top 1%? 

Is every community in American under siege by those using guns to kill, injure, and do actions of crime?

Are there some communities in America that seem to have a large number of gun/weapon related fatalities?

What could those communities do better?

On the other side of the spectrum, there are families that have owned guns for generations, and nobody seems to kill, injure, or use the guns to commit crimes.

What are they doing right?

If some communities and individuals have tunnel vision about the relationship to guns and violence in the world around them, they need to take individual action to make their communities.

Every community in American IS NOT overrun with gun related violence. 

Where is the gun violence?  Mr. Lee's neighborhood?  Southern US border?

I don't think most gun violence is a national problem.  It's a local problem, needing local solutions, individual responsibility.

The national problem is violence, drugs, gang, and human tsunamis crossing our souther border on a daily basis.

To find the right solutions, you have to take an HONEST look at the problem, recognize the REAL problem areas, and find a targeted solution.

Taking guns away from HONEST good people and communities isn't the answer.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.