April 18, 2024, 03:39:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Iowa man pleads guilty to employing illegal aliens" - Dairy Farm  (Read 2533 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 13, 2011, 08:31:30 PM »

In a plea agreement, Kenneth Birker admitted he knowingly employed three illegal aliens at his dairy farm. He also entered a guilty plea on behalf of his business, Birker Inc., to one count of harboring illegal aliens for commercial advantage or financial gain. In November 2001, Birker hired a husband and wife who were illegal aliens...

...In late 2004, Birker met with an immigration attorney hired by the husband and wife, and he agreed that Birker Inc. would assist the husband and wife in attempting to legalize their status.

Birker remains free on bond pending sentencing. He faces a possible maximum sentence of six months' imprisonment or five years' probation, and a $3,000 fine per alien. Birker Inc. faces a possible maximum sentence of probation for one to five years, a fine of up to $500,000, or twice the gross gain resulting from the offense, and a special assessment of $400.

http://www.mmdnewswire.com/iowa-man-pleads-guilty-to-employing-illegal-aliens-17610.html

What happened to the illegal aliens?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 08:35:23 PM »

The story continues here - http://iowaindependent.com/50257/benton-county-farmer-hopes-for-plea-deal-in-federal-immigration-suit

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 08:40:01 PM »

Law enforcement gets $2.2M from plant settlement

The New York State Police, Albany County district attorney’s office and the Guilderland Police Department will all receive a part of $2,207,520 that was presented to the state at a ceremony Thursday. That’s according to the Department of Justice.

The money is only a portion of the first installment of the $20,697,317.51 settlement IFCO Pallet Plants agreed to pay for charges related to the hiring of illegal immigrant workers.

read more here - http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=post;topic=9300.0;num_replies=1

If hiring illegal aliens is a bad thing, what of the workers?  What happened to them?  What is their fine?  Penalty?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.