March 28, 2024, 10:34:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BANNING # 24 1/17/11 - 3/01/11  (Read 312920 times)
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 03:47:16 PM »

I am out doing my rain dance to get rid of the snow. The driveway is still 4WD only.

Picture of backyard taken this afternoon.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 03:54:05 PM »

Hi Nana, Hi CC!!!

Hi JSM! How's Joe today?
Hey Nana, he seemed much better this morning. I have asked they not give Josef pill pockets anymore to see if those are what is creating his tummy problems. They are really greasy and I feel sorry for the girls giving him his meds because it is really hard to shove them down his throat. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 04:02:12 PM »

I am out doing my rain dance to get rid of the snow. The driveway is still 4WD only.

Picture of backyard taken this afternoon.

Still that much snow. Good luck with the rain dance.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 04:02:27 PM »

Hi Nana, Hi CC!!!

Hi JSM! How's Joe today?
Hey Nana, he seemed much better this morning. I have asked they not give Josef pill pockets anymore to see if those are what is creating his tummy problems. They are really greasy and I feel sorry for the girls giving him his meds because it is really hard to shove them down his throat. 

JSM - one of my dogs is on prozac because she is such a b****. (seriously, she's bad)  Anyway, she's not exactly nice and there's no way you could put something in her mouth without her biting your hand off or at least trying.  I have to hide her chewable prozac in food she'll eat.  The problem is she's smart and has learned to eat around it or spit it out.  My latest trick is to take a piece of cold cut, put mayonnaise on it, put the pill on the mayonnaise and roll it up.  That will last about a day before she figure it out. 

I have a whole package of those pill pockets and she turns up her nose at them.   
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 04:06:25 PM »

Hi Nana, Hi CC!!!

Hi JSM! How's Joe today?

JSM - one of my dogs is on prozac because she is such a b****. (seriously, she's bad)  Anyway, she's not exactly nice and there's no way you could put something in her mouth without her biting your hand off or at least trying.  I have to hide her chewable prozac in food she'll eat.  The problem is she's smart and has learned to eat around it or spit it out.  My latest trick is to take a piece of cold cut, put mayonnaise on it, put the pill on the mayonnaise and roll it up.  That will last about a day before she figure it out. 

Cover the pill in peanut butter and when she licks it stick it to the roof of her mouth. By the time she gets the peanut butter off the roof of her mouth the pill is gone. Do this with Jazz.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 04:09:34 PM »

She used to do peanut butter but won't now. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 04:10:38 PM »

I tried answering on the last thread and realized oh we moved      Trimm you have snow in your yard and we will be in the low 80's, want to trade?

Hi NoRose!
I think we are somewhere in the middle? Low 50's, rain off and on and very windy! Still nder wind warning...SOUTHWEST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH OVERNIGHT AND WILL CONTINUE THROUGH MONDAY.
I think the rosebush that did not get pruned is knocking to come in!

We are at least on a hill above the flooding and rivers.
God bless all monkeys having to deal with adverse weather today!
We had that blasted wind and terrible wind gust, Santa Ana Winds with heat and dryness, last week. I'm still trying to recover from it with the allergies. Prayers for all   an angelic monkey
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2011, 04:13:43 PM »

That is what I was going to suggest, that is the only way Zoe would take a pill. We would wrap it even in some turkey and she would eat the turkey and spit the pill. It gets to be that it is easier to give a kid a pill, and my youngest was awful with that 
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2011, 04:14:57 PM »

I tried answering on the last thread and realized oh we moved      Trimm you have snow in your yard and we will be in the low 80's, want to trade?

Hi NoRose!
I think we are somewhere in the middle? Low 50's, rain off and on and very windy! Still nder wind warning...SOUTHWEST WINDS WILL INCREASE TO 25 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH OVERNIGHT AND WILL CONTINUE THROUGH MONDAY.

We had that blasted wind and terrible wind gust, Santa Ana Winds with heat and dryness, last week. I'm still trying to recover from it with the allergies. Prayers for all   an angelic monkey
I'll pay you to send those winds this way.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2011, 04:28:32 PM »

Hi Nana, Hi CC!!!

Hi JSM! How's Joe today?

I understand completely Klaas, Josef used to be on prozac when his steroid counts were high. He would do the same thing, eat around it and spit out the pill. I have tried peanut butter in bread, didn't work, hotdogs, didn't work, maybe they can try the cold cut. I personally just open his mouth, throw them down his throat and clamp the muzzle shut until he has to swallow. He hates it, but he doesn't try to bite me at least.  Dogs are sometimes smarter than humans.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 04:29:21 PM »

Neither will Josef

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 05:02:30 PM »

Hi Nana, Hi CC!!!

Hi JSM! How's Joe today?

Klaas..does prozac help with your dog's disposition or temper? I have a male b**** dog..old and a crab! he snaps at us at times and is getting worse with his eye sight going..

Gypsy...I just got a shark steamer at the recommendation of other monkeys..I just got the cheaper model..works very well and is very light! I love it..so handy to just pull it out and clean the floors..

Donks..your back yard looks like ours..

Rosie..I would trade 80's any day for our weather!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 05:04:35 PM »

Hi NoRose!

I'll pay you to send those winds this way.
I don't think you want those winds, especially if you have any allergies, and the air is so dry when it happens, I try to stay inside as much as possible when they blow.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 05:07:24 PM »

Cookie - she has always been bad but started getting very anxious for no reason on top of being a b****.  It was to the point we couldn't tolerate being around her.  She's nearly 13 and NOT mellowing with age, lol.  The doctor said that sometimes they get this way with age so that's when we put her on the prozac.  YES, it helps immensely.  She is much calmer and not so stressed.  Expensive though, about $57 for a months supply.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 05:15:17 PM »

Cookie - she has always been bad but started getting very anxious for no reason on top of being a b****.  It was to the point we couldn't tolerate being around her.  She's nearly 13 and NOT mellowing with age, lol.  The doctor said that sometimes they get this way with age so that's when we put her on the prozac.  YES, it helps immensely.  She is much calmer and not so stressed.  Expensive though, about $57 for a months supply.

thanks K!...would be worth every cent to get this dog to be less stressed..he is 13 and in some ways mellower but other ways, very needy..he is always under foot and very snappy at times...makes me nervous around the grand kids so he has to stay in his "area" when they are over..they are little and quick and noisy and he doesn't like that one bit..although he wags his tail at them. We never know when he might snap at one of them..but it mostly me and hubs here and he is generally good although moody..I just can't put him down yet..I just put him away when people are over..I am going to try the prozac on him..especially when we travel! horrible in the car...

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 05:25:55 PM »

Going home, today has been a rough one. Hope everyone has a nice evening and see you when I get home.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 05:27:28 PM »

Going home, today has been a rough one. Hope everyone has a nice evening and see you when I get home.

see u soon!

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 05:42:06 PM »

Good afternon Monkeys.

What type of floor steamers do you all have?

I am interesting in getting one..but don't know which is best as far as results go, repair problems, etc? 

Also are the one's that weigh less better on your back?

Thank you for any info you can offer on your steamers.

DD

I got a Shark and I love it already. My dear hubs spilled chocolate syrup on the floor a couple of days ago - I have cleaned the spot 6 or 7 times and it was still sticky. Today the Shark killed the sticky spot! Worked wonderful on my tile in the entry way too. No mess, easy to use!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 05:47:48 PM »

Good afternon Monkeys.

What type of floor steamers do you all have?

I am interesting in getting one..but don't know which is best as far as results go, repair problems, etc? 

Also are the one's that weigh less better on your back?

Thank you for any info you can offer on your steamers.

DD

I got a Shark and I love it already. My dear hubs spilled chocolate syrup on the floor a couple of days ago - I have cleaned the spot 6 or 7 times and it was still sticky. Today the Shark killed the sticky spot! Worked wonderful on my tile in the entry way too. No mess, easy to use!
Totally agree. Without the Shark there is no way I could have managed this winter. The big dogs come in covered in snow and ice. Mopping would not have worked. I catch most of the mess in towels in the mudroom but it takes hours for them to dry and the floors would have been really disgusting.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 05:59:29 PM »

thanks K!...would be worth every cent to get this dog to be less stressed..he is 13 and in some ways mellower but other ways, very needy..he is always under foot and very snappy at times...makes me nervous around the grand kids so he has to stay in his "area" when they are over..they are little and quick and noisy and he doesn't like that one bit..although he wags his tail at them. We never know when he might snap at one of them..but it mostly me and hubs here and he is generally good although moody..I just can't put him down yet..I just put him away when people are over..I am going to try the prozac on him..especially when we travel! horrible in the car...

OMG you haven't seen horrible in the car until you seen my old lady, even on prozac.  GEEZ, last time I took her to the vet by myself I leashed her up in back.  She chewed through the leash before I got 4 blocks away from home.  Chewed through a 2nd leash on the way home.  Now, when we have to take her someplace I put the kennel in the car.  She still screams the entire way but at least she can't hurt herself or my perfect angel (lolol  ) Petey.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.