April 19, 2024, 11:48:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Promises Hope & Change, Delivers Increasing Proverty  (Read 1019 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 18, 2011, 11:16:16 AM »

Toward a 21st-Century Regulatory System
If the FDA deems saccharin safe enough for coffee, then the EPA should not treat it as hazardous waste.

By BARACK OBAMA

But throughout our history, one of the reasons the free market has worked is that we have sought the proper balance. We have preserved freedom of commerce while applying those rules and regulations necessary to protect the public against threats to our health and safety and to safeguard people and businesses from abuse.

What happened to tort reform in the medical industry?    Abusive lawsuits?  Runaway malpractice insurance?  Runaway drug prices?  No choice of coverage?  Everyone need Gold Plated Cadillac coverage?  I don't think so.

This order requires that federal agencies ensure that regulations protect our safety, health and environment while promoting economic growth. And it orders a government-wide review of the rules already on the books to remove outdated regulations that stifle job creation and make our economy less competitive. It's a review that will help bring order to regulations that have become a patchwork of overlapping rules, the result of tinkering by administrations and legislators of both parties and the influence of special interests in Washington over decades.

What will this mean?  Promoting safety, health and environment = killing oil drilling?  Coal mining?  Power plants?  Promoting unproven/inadequate wind and solar power?

Changing the energy cartel?  Lose / Lose for Main Street and Americans, again?

Where necessary, we won't shy away from addressing obvious gaps: new safety rules for infant formula; procedures to stop preventable infections in hospitals; efforts to target chronic violators of workplace safety laws.

Is there something wrong with our infant formula?  Infants and toddler dying by the millions?  Will this apply to infant formula imported from China?  The only killing formula I've read about was made and used in China.  No problem?  'Fix' it anyway?

Procedures to stop preventable infections in hospitals?  Is there an epidemic?  Why not just keep people home?  Reduce hospital admissions?

Efforts to target chronic violators of workplace safety laws?  How about applying this logic to imported goods?  Goods made in countries with poor human rights records?  Another burden on American business?

Is it possible to prevent every workplace accident? 

...Another example: Tomorrow the FDA will lay out a new effort to improve the process for approving medical devices, to keep patients safer while getting innovative and life-saving products to market faster.

Helping big medical device makers make more money?  Charge more?  $$$, just toss out the old reliable cheap devices, and make Americans pay for more expensive ones?  A payback for campaign contributions?  Foreign companies?

Despite a lot of heated rhetoric, our efforts over the past two years to modernize our regulations have led to smarter—and in some cases tougher—rules to protect our health, safety and environment...

Anyone feel safer?  I don't.  I think the biggest threat to our safety is the decline of our nation, the debasement of our currency, out of control government spending, and Obama's out of control debt.

read more here - http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703396604576088272112103698.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

How many of these new regulators will be under the control of Congress?  Tacked on to the 'budget' of the Federal Reserve?  More unelected dictators in Washington?  How much will this cost America?  Lower taxes, and continue to destroy your savings, retirement through inflation fueled by the Fed?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.