March 29, 2024, 01:33:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #42 2/07/11 - 5/23/11  (Read 368686 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2011, 03:00:34 AM »

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2011, 04:06:49 AM »

Home movies show Kyron Horman:

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/video/Home-movies-show-Kyron-Horman-97102679.html

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #162 on: February 14, 2011, 10:20:04 AM »

I wondered where the bathrooms are in that school as well.

I wonder if those little rectangles in some of the classrooms are the bathroom?

But where are there any public bathrooms?
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2011, 11:58:37 AM »

Is that Valentine to Kyron what was referred as talking about the searches? 

Is there any announcements of any other talks from Desiree?
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2011, 12:54:22 PM »

http://northwestportland.katu.com/news/community-spirit/mother-kyron-horman-says-shell-never-stop-trying-find-him/438476

Mother of Kyron Horman says she'll never stop trying to find him

::snipping2::

A special delivery -- 16 balloons -- eight for each year of Kyron's life and eight for the number of months he's been missing was brought to the wall. A family friend attached Young's Valentine to her son to the wall, which read: "To my Ky, Oh how I miss you so, I miss my hugs from you every day. There are times when I think I hear your voice, I turn around and you're not here."

The message of hope stays strong, but the wall itself seemed quieter Sunday. And at the wall, it is easy to see the passage of time from those first missing posters, to messages of hope from around  the country, a birthday card to Kyron, and a faded reminder from Christmas. The eight months without Kyron can be seen in each faded letter and fraying memento.

Amber Schaecher started the Wall of Hope last June. On Sunday, a Facebook invitation brought only a handful of people out to the wall. But Schaecher believes no one is forgetting the little boy who loves red-eyed tree frogs.

"And everyone is still pulling for him big time and you know I don't think people at all are forgetting him, not even a bit," Schaecher said.

Along with this collective message of hope, faith and love, one Valentine from Young to her son on the wall says it all. It reads: "Please come home to me. I don't think I can bear it without you. Love, Momma."

Young also sent a statement about the search and Kyron, but didn't want the news released until Monday morning.

The case of Horman is still baffling. The young student disappeared nearly eight-and-a-half months ago from Skyline Elementary School in Northwest Portland. His step-mother, Terri Horman, has been widely suspected in his disappearance, but she has never been named a suspect or a person of interest in the case.

Despite massive search efforts and and an external criminal investigation, no sign of the boy has ever been found. Sunday's event at the Wall of Hope comes four days before Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Station is scheduled to present a six-month review of the investigation to the Multnomah County Commissioners.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2011, 02:06:05 AM »

I am thinking the bathrooms could be the rooms across from rm's 209 and 207?

One this is for certain, that is one small school. How many grades are in that school? k-8? There are only I think 14 classrooms along with the cafeteria, gym and music room? How on earth in a school that size nobody sees Kyron leaving? All of these people in that small school and he goes poof, gone....I find that strange.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2011, 10:42:50 AM »

and the way the school appears to be laid out as well.  It's not sprawling all over the place. 

He probably was seen,  but maybe nothing can be proved?  They thought it was her from almost day one.  So they must have info as to why they think that.

She lawyered up with a huge lawyer and has kept her mouth shut! in isolation.

So it could be that she was seen, but they are gathering the info?  I don't have a clue.

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2011, 05:40:02 PM »

http://northwestportland.katu.com/news/community-spirit/mother-kyron-horman-says-shell-never-stop-trying-find-him/438476

Mother of Kyron Horman says she'll never stop trying to find him

A special delivery -- 16 balloons -- eight for each year of Kyron's life and eight for the number of months he's been missing was brought to the wall. A family friend attached Young's Valentine to her son to the wall, which read: "To my Ky, Oh how I miss you so, I miss my hugs from you every day. There are times when I think I hear your voice, I turn around and you're not here."

The message of hope stays strong, but the wall itself seemed quieter Sunday. And at the wall, it is easy to see the passage of time from those first missing posters, to messages of hope from around  the country, a birthday card to Kyron, and a faded reminder from Christmas. The eight months without Kyron can be seen in each faded letter and fraying memento.

Amber Schaecher started the Wall of Hope last June. On Sunday, a Facebook invitation brought only a handful of people out to the wall. But Schaecher believes no one is forgetting the little boy who loves red-eyed tree frogs.

"And everyone is still pulling for him big time and you know I don't think people at all are forgetting him, not even a bit," Schaecher said.

Along with this collective message of hope, faith and love, one Valentine from Young to her son on the wall says it all. It reads: "Please come home to me. I don't think I can bear it without you. Love, Momma."

Young also sent a statement about the search and Kyron, but didn't want the news released until Monday morning.

The case of Horman is still baffling. The young student disappeared nearly eight-and-a-half months ago from Skyline Elementary School in Northwest Portland. His step-mother, Terri Horman, has been widely suspected in his disappearance, but she has never been named a suspect or a person of interest in the case.

Despite massive search efforts and and an external criminal investigation, no sign of the boy has ever been found. Sunday's event at the Wall of Hope comes four days before Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Station is scheduled to present a six-month review of the investigation to the Multnomah County Commissioners.

Has anyone heard the statement released by Desiree yesterday morning?  I can't find anything about it anywhere.  Am I missing something?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2011, 07:21:09 PM »

I must have missed it as well.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2011, 08:29:32 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET:

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2011/02/15/22540/

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2011, 12:04:17 AM »

Desiree's Valentine to Kyron was heartbreaking.....she is a strong woman and I honestly don't know how she has made it this far, except I think she is bound and deteremined to see justice for Kyron and keep his face out there every chance she can (wonder where Kaine was and why he didn't take this opportunity to get a message out there too and have something placed at the WOH for his son).

Also, isn't it in just a few days when Staton is supposed to present the status update? I was so hoping it would be in January when we learned something/anything.

Is the divorce hearing still set for next month?? Maybe something will come out of that or at least I pray. I was so hopeful during the last search due to the fact it seemed as though it was based on concrete evidence of some type.

I know June 4th will be here so much quicker than we can imagine and if Kyron hasn't been found nor anything happening to push this case forward I just can't imagine how they are going to cope:(

Sassifrass~I enjoyed your input and I too have wondered about prior custodians or anyone who knew the layout of the school and wouldn't have looked out of place the day of the science fair, I also know how draining this case has been on you so come back soon and Godspeed lil man

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2011, 11:39:48 AM »

and the way the school appears to be laid out as well.  It's not sprawling all over the place. 

He probably was seen,  but maybe nothing can be proved?  They thought it was her from almost day one.  So they must have info as to why they think that.

So it could be that she was seen, but they are gathering the info?   I don't have a clue.

I sure hope that LE has more than we know Hellokitty!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2011, 12:34:29 PM »

Me too, Sebastian!

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2011, 04:14:17 AM »

So it could be that she was seen, but they are gathering the info?   I don't have a clue.

I sure hope that LE has more than we know Hellokitty!

I think they definitely do. They are holding out for the hard evidence.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2011, 10:37:53 AM »

Looks like an update is scheduled for 2/24/11, from Staton.

http://www.co.multnomah.or.us/cc/WeeklyAgendaPacket/R-01_BRIEF_Kyron%20Horman%20Case/APR_Kyron%20Horman%20Briefing.pdf

Please provide sufficient background information for the Board and the public to understand this issue. Please note which Program Offer this action affects and how it impacts the results.

This is a follow up to the October 14, 2010 Board briefing regarding the Kyron Horman investigation.
The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office Investigations Division is leading the ongoing investigation for Kyron Horman, a 7 year old student of Skyline Elementary School who disappeared from the school on Friday, June 4, 2010. To date, the investigation has generated over 4318 leads filling 66 four inch binders. All of these leads need to be followed-up as the case continues. Detectives have subpoenaed more than 300 sets of records. Each record can generate from 10 to hundreds of pages of paper records. Additionally, detectives have identified all 490 persons and identified 54 vehicles that were present at Skyline School on June 4th, 2010.
This briefing will provide the commissioners with general background regarding the progress of the investigation and to update our investigative work plan.

Explain any citizen and/or other government participation that has or will take place.

The initial search and investigation for Kyron Horman has to date involved over 42 agencies and continues to receive extensive local and national media coverage. The Kyron Horman Task Force has been comprised of 7 agencies including Multnomah County DA’s Office, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Portland Police Bureau, Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office, Oregon State Police and Oregon Department of Justice. Much of the search effort has been completed by SAR volunteers certified by MCSO.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:55:40 PM by klaasend » Logged

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2011, 10:39:07 AM »

Mods, could you correct date to be 2/24/11? Thanks!

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2011, 11:37:47 AM »

Looks like an update is scheduled for 2/24/11, from Staton.

http://www.co.multnomah.or.us/cc/WeeklyAgendaPacket/R-01_BRIEF_Kyron%20Horman%20Case/APR_Kyron%20Horman%20Briefing.pdf

Please provide sufficient background information for the Board and the public to understand this issue. Please note which Program Offer this action affects and how it impacts the results.

This is a follow up to the October 14, 2010 Board briefing regarding the Kyron Horman investigation.
The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office Investigations Division is leading the ongoing investigation for Kyron Horman, a 7 year old student of Skyline Elementary School who disappeared from the school on Friday, June 4, 2010. To date, the investigation has generated over 4318 leads filling 66 four inch binders. All of these leads need to be followed-up as the case continues. Detectives have subpoenaed more than 300 sets of records. Each record can generate from 10 to hundreds of pages of paper records. Additionally, detectives have identified all 490 persons and identified 54 vehicles that were present at Skyline School on June 4th, 2010.
This briefing will provide the commissioners with general background regarding the progress of the investigation and to update our investigative work plan.

Explain any citizen and/or other government participation that has or will take place.

The initial search and investigation for Kyron Horman has to date involved over 42 agencies and continues to receive extensive local and national media coverage. The Kyron Horman Task Force has been comprised of 7 agencies including Multnomah County DA’s Office, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Portland Police Bureau, Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office, Oregon State Police and Oregon Department of Justice. Much of the search effort has been completed by SAR volunteers certified by MCSO.

Sentence BBM.

This doesn't make sense. 54 cars? I went through the list and counted a potential 162 cars, assuming couples drove in the same car. How can it only be 54? I realize they probably didn't count school buses, and maybe not school employees or contractors, such as the groundskeeper, but it would still be more than 54.  
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:55:58 PM by klaasend » Logged

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #177 on: February 18, 2011, 11:44:35 AM »

Looks like Stanton is set to produce a report on Kyron on February 24.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #178 on: February 18, 2011, 11:56:46 AM »

Isn't that what I just posted above?   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2011, 01:55:14 PM »

Sass - I think you made a typo 2/14 rather than 2/24 which may be the confusion 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.