April 23, 2024, 04:05:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #42 2/07/11 - 5/23/11  (Read 370761 times)
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #880 on: May 17, 2011, 03:31:47 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/05/maine_state_police_trying_to_i.html

Maine state police trying to identify young boy's body speak with Multnomah County investigators

State police in Maine, trying to determine the identity of a young boy's body found wrapped in a blanket Saturday in a remote, wooded section of South Berwick, contacted Multnomah County Sheriff's officials to learn more about missing Kyron Horman.

"We got a call from them yesterday,'' said Lt. Mary Lindstrand, sheriff's spokeswoman, this morning.

Sheriff's investigators were in contact with Maine officials, and sent them information and missing person fliers on Kyron, the second-grader from Skyline School who disappeared June 4. Kyron had attended a school science fair early that morning, but didn't return to class. He was not reported missing until late that afternoon after he didn't arrive home by school bus.

Investigators have not recovered any evidence of the boy, and no arrest has been made.

Lindstrand said Maine investigators are looking at missing children cases in New England and from around the country that might help them identify the boy. Lindstrand this morning she had no new information.

Authorities in Maine called the discovery a suspicious death, and described the boy as 3 feet 8 inches tall, 45 pounds, with blue eyes and dark blond hair.

I do not believe it is Kyron, either.  If it is not him, MCSO needs to make a public statement that it is not him and people should continue looking for Kyron.  Already, on twitter, etc. people are making assumptions that it is him.  If that computer generated pic is accurate, I really do not think it could be him.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #881 on: May 17, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kaine-Horman-still-waiting-for-break-in-Kyron-case-121963559.html

Kaine Horman still waiting for break in Kyron case (with video)

PORTLAND -- The father of Kyron Horman warns the case for his missing young son may drag on for two, three or even four years.

And even then, the investigation into what happened to the missing boy may not be resolved.

During a two-hour interview with KGW, Kaine Horman provided insight into the nearly year-long investigation. If there is no major break in the case, this will be a marathon, not a sprint, according to Kaine Horman.

::snipping2::

Meanwhile, behind the scenes, Kaine said investigators were digging into his estranged wife's past.

During their time together, Kaine said, Terri Moulton-Horman lived a double life.

"As investigators go through things, they found more stuff. That's really a lot of the questions. 'Hey, did you know about this? What about this?' A lot of it, I don't even know, I've never seen it before," said Kaine.

Police believe Terri was the last one to see her stepson at Skyline School. She has not been charged with any crimes and has since moved to Roseburg, where she lives with her parents.

When asked if he believes investigators have enough to convict his estranged wife for the disappearance of their son, Kaine Horman replied, "I'll say 'no.' I think that there is still a significant amount of work that needs to be done to make sure that Terri is the right person.
[/b]
 ::snipping2::

To make sure Terri is the right person? So there is a chance she may not be the right person? For Terri's sake, she better be guilty because her life is over regardless if she is guilty or not.

Sorry don't mean to be cheesy and quote myself. This statement made by Kaine suggests Terri may not be the right person. He is not saying a significant amount of work to convict her of this crime, but to make sure she actually did the crime. That makes me very uncomfortable.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #882 on: May 17, 2011, 04:52:54 PM »

I do not feel sorry for Terri one little bit.  She could have done a lot of things like do anything and everything to help with Kyron's search.  Pass out posters.  Do whatever. 

Rather, she chose to hie out in Roseburg and say and do nothing. 

I look at Clint, the father of Hailey Dunn who does not have a stellar life.  He was out there doing what he could.  Media be damned.  Gossip be damned. 

She could have been screaming her innocence from the rooftops.  This is the choice she made.  Hide out in Roseburg. 
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #883 on: May 17, 2011, 05:17:54 PM »

MOO~

Given that TMH was accused of attempting to have Kaine murdered, and possibly made more than one attempt at it, I think they should totally be looking at her and those she was in contact with.  Now, maybe it could have been someone she associated with and she was not involved (ftr I think she was involved: the confusion about the Dr's appt., the time spent driving those back roads, clamming up and moving to r-burg, not fighting the RO and custody over Kiara...), but I don't think Kyron's disappearance is completely unrelated to her.  I just don't. 
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #884 on: May 17, 2011, 06:03:01 PM »

HK & monchichi: I agree that Terri has certainly made herself suspect just by her actions and inaction's, but where has LE progressed having that frame of thought? It's almost one year since Kyron went poof, and what do we have? Nothing, nadda. Don't get me wrong, if you assume that I don't think TH is involved some how.

Everyone has been sleuthing, trying to find someone, or something, that goes back to Terri. How far have we gotten, or better yet, how far has LE gotten? We like to tie Terri to it because she is the better suspect. I certainly believe that she did not care for Kyron, and I believe Desiree in her emotionally spoken words that "Terri hated Kyron". I also believe that she put out a MFH plot against Kaine.

If you look at this logically, and ignore what the MSM has stated, what do you have. Not much. There is someone out there, the last person to see Kyron, that knows how to cover their tracks, and would blend in with ALL of those people that were there on the day day of the SF. Who would, or could that be?

I need to take Terri out of the equation for now. Not because I don't she has anything to do with it, but because it's a distraction.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #885 on: May 17, 2011, 06:08:49 PM »

HK & monchichi: I agree that Terri has certainly made herself suspect just by her actions and inaction's, but where has LE progressed having that frame of thought? It's almost one year since Kyron went poof, and what do we have? Nothing, nadda. Don't get me wrong, if you assume that I don't think TH is involved some how.

Everyone has been sleuthing, trying to find someone, or something, that goes back to Terri. How far have we gotten, or better yet, how far has LE gotten? We like to tie Terri to it because she is the better suspect. I certainly believe that she did not care for Kyron, and I believe Desiree in her emotionally spoken words that "Terri hated Kyron". I also believe that she put out a MFH plot against Kaine.

If you look at this logically, and ignore what the MSM has stated, what do you have. Not much. There is someone out there, the last person to see Kyron, that knows how to cover their tracks, and would blend in with ALL of those people that were there on the day of the SF. Who would, or could that be?

I need to take Terri out of the equation for now. Not because I don't  think she has anything to do with it, but because it's a distraction.

self edit. Sorry

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #886 on: May 17, 2011, 06:44:47 PM »

I used to think that Kaine and Desiree were always saying she must have had help, in order to hope and believe that Kyron might still be alive someplace. But now I am beginning to think that they started saying that when they were given or learned information that showed TH could not have done this, time-wise, unless she had help. And then I worry about LE trying to force an accomplice into the picture to make TH fit the crime. What kind of accomplice would not have been found out by now, with all of the data tracking and computer forensics, etc. by all kinds of experts?

I don't know what to think anymore. Kaine does not sound at all sure, as he did last summer when he was positive Terri was behind this. And how he can talk about three or four years is beyond me...yikes, I would be like, not three or four more days, even.

The big question is what new tactic or approach MCSO will take next month. I do not believe they will be charging TH with a crime at that time. I do not think they have any evidence of the actual crimes. Sometimes nothing comes to light, no matter who is guilty.

monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #887 on: May 17, 2011, 07:13:34 PM »

If you look at this logically, and ignore what the MSM has stated, what do you have. Not much. There is someone out there, the last person to see Kyron, that knows how to cover their tracks, and would blend in with ALL of those people that were there on the day of the SF. Who would, or could that be?

I need to take Terri out of the equation for now. Not because I don't  think she has anything to do with it, but because it's a distraction.

self edit. Sorry

Sassi~

I agree about needing to look at all possibilities.  I wonder if MCSO has finished examining her every electronic footprint.  It was a big task and I thought recently they had said they were still following the e-mails, etc.  I wonder if she had disposable cell phones before Kyron's disappearance.  She could have been covering her tracks long before June 4, 2010. Sad

Thank you for all of your diligent research Sassifrass.  Your contribution to Kyron's thread has been huge.  You have made so many connections, found so many pieces of this giant puzzle.  I just hope someday all of the pieces can be put together.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #888 on: May 17, 2011, 07:52:41 PM »

What does LE have that we have NO CLUE about?  They know all about her secret life.  They have her emails.

Casey Anthony was so obvious with all of the crazy, ugly things, but look how long that took.  Diane Downs had eyewitnesses.  That took nine months.

We have to be patient.  Basically, we know nothing.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #889 on: May 17, 2011, 11:45:39 PM »

I just don't get it. Why is this case so much more difficult than the Casey Anthony case? Something is just not right.

I'll tell you one thing, the person(s) who took Kyron sure knows how to cover their tracks. And who would be capable of that?

Maybe we are looking at this the wrong way. I need to rethink this.

Sass could it be, not that a person is covering their tracks but perhaps they are not being considered?

TG - intriguing thought.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #890 on: May 17, 2011, 11:51:13 PM »

What does LE have that we have NO CLUE about?  They know all about her secret life.  They have her emails.

Casey Anthony was so obvious with all of the crazy, ugly things, but look how long that took.  Diane Downs had eyewitnesses.  That took nine months.

We have to be patient.  Basically, we know nothing.

If, as you say, LE knows all about Terri and her secret life and her emails, etc., then, it's obvious that all that is not enough to arrest Terri.

LE will arrest Terri the "instant" they can. 

Somehow, 42 agencies, almost one year of time, LE, FBI profilers and special agents, and hired experts have not uncovered enough to arrest Terri.

I believe that Kaine is even expressing that LE does not have enough to arrest Terri (or words to that effect).

If they every get the goods on her, they'll not hesitate to arrest her immediately.

In the meantime, it could be as simple as the "right person" is not being looked at by LE.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: May 17, 2011, 11:58:59 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #892 on: May 17, 2011, 11:59:53 PM »

If you look at this logically, and ignore what the MSM has stated, what do you have. Not much. There is someone out there, the last person to see Kyron, that knows how to cover their tracks, and would blend in with ALL of those people that were there on the day day of the SF. Who would, or could that be?

I need to take Terri out of the equation for now. Not because I don't she has anything to do with it, but because it's a distraction.

Sassi - you may have a point about Terri being a distraction.  As time has gone by, Kaine was so sure it was Terri and now he's less sure and comments that LE doesn't have the goods on Terri (my words). 

IMO, the hiring of the experts weren't just to follow Terri's email and cell phone trail....I pretty much believe that Staton had that covered for Terri...except for being able to go backward for a period of one year - which the FBI can do.  But....Staton said words to the effect that he hired the experts to mine for information of anything going on that day during a certain time frame. That's why the experts' job is to massive - not just Terri's fe phone calls and emails....but anything going on in that area on that day and within such a timeframe...now THAT is a massive job.  That's when I became intrigued with LE/FBI looking for bigger fish to fry, in addition to Terri.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #893 on: May 18, 2011, 12:49:06 AM »

I do not feel sorry for Terri one little bit.  She could have done a lot of things like do anything and everything to help with Kyron's search.  Pass out posters.  Do whatever. 

I look at Clint, the father of Hailey Dunn who does not have a stellar life.  He was out there doing what he could.  Media be damned.  Gossip be damned. 

She could have been screaming her innocence from the rooftops.  This is the choice she made.  Hide out in Roseburg. 

I woudn't say I feel sorry for her because unless her speaking out would put Kyron in more danger, she could have spoken publically about that day. I do feel it would be terrible, if she is not guilty of this crime and she has already been found guilty before a trial. An innocent persons life should not be over due to public opinion. Of course I feel that way about anyone, not just Terri.

I spent some time tonight thinking why on earth would she not speak out and say she was innocent. What would drive a person to stay silent? One thing I considered was perhaps she was insulted at the thought of Kaine thinking she did something to Kyron? I think it is reasonable to consider I suppose. I would have still looked for Kyron if I were in her place. Maybe she is, we really don't know what she has shared and what she has not. I just have to consider Kaine stating that LE has to make sure Terri did this. That is very different then what was being said prior. Sounds like Kaine finds reasonable doubt.

3 to 4 to 5 years? I would be going mad at the thought. Kaine and Desiree have such different reactions to things.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #894 on: May 18, 2011, 01:38:55 AM »

I woudn't say I feel sorry for her because unless her speaking out would put Kyron in more danger, she could have spoken publically about that day. I do feel it would be terrible, if she is not guilty of this crime and she has already been found guilty before a trial. An innocent persons life should not be over due to public opinion. Of course I feel that way about anyone, not just Terri.

I spent some time tonight thinking why on earth would she not speak out and say she was innocent. What would drive a person to stay silent? One thing I considered was perhaps she was insulted at the thought of Kaine thinking she did something to Kyron? I think it is reasonable to consider I suppose. I would have still looked for Kyron if I were in her place. Maybe she is, we really don't know what she has shared and what she has not. I just have to consider Kaine stating that LE has to make sure Terri did this. That is very different then what was being said prior. Sounds like Kaine finds reasonable doubt.

3 to 4 to 5 years? I would be going mad at the thought. Kaine and Desiree have such different reactions to things.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about all of this, too.  For weeks before she retained an attorney, Terri talked a lot.  Of course, no attorney wants their client to speak.  As I recall it, the attorney was retained right after the MFH sting operation and the RO.  It all happened very quickly.  Up until then, if Terri had nothing to do with a missing Kyron - why would she think she should make any "public" statement to that effect?  Immediately upon retaining Houze, he would have ordered her not to make any public statements.  So, I don't understand why people keep saying why doesn't Terri made a statement to the public.  Houze is in control of all that.  If information was put out that Terri says she's innocent....that wouldn't satisfy anyone.  The mantra would change to: why doesn't Terri prove she's innocent?

Ha.  So far LE can't prove she's guilty.   Not to be O/T to talke about Casey Anthony, but to compare a little bit....I've listened to every day of the jury selection process.  Person after person, Judge Perry has told them that the law is that Casey is proven innocent unless and until it can be proven differently in a court of law.  The Judge questions potential jurors intensely as to whether or not they understand that Casey is innocent at this point and must be considered innocent at this point.  That is the law and the Judge's instructions, even after all this time KC has spent in jail and a major trial is underway.  Compare that to almost a year of investigation, 42 agencies, LE, FBI profilers and Special Agents, mining experts, many searches, cell phone and texting reports, emails, etc., etc., etc.  Now arrest and even Kaine is saying that LE reallydoesn't have the goods to arrest Terri and yet people insist that Terri's guilty.  I love our law of the land: innocent until proven guilty.  Suspicions, yes...but guilt?  Not there yet!

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #895 on: May 18, 2011, 01:43:53 AM »

Forgot a point I wanted to suggest in connection with Tracey Girl's post.

Re: Terri going out and searching, etc.

I seem to recall that Terri/Kaine would go out driving around and looking for Kyron.

After the R.O. order, we learned that there were death treats against her.  In addition to her attorney advising her to talk and let him do the talking, I believe that LE (Roseburg LE) would ask her not to contact the public either for her safety in light of the death treats.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #896 on: May 18, 2011, 01:46:40 AM »

I've spent a lot of time thinking about all of this, too.  For weeks before she retained an attorney, Terri talked a lot.  Of course, no attorney wants their client to speak.  As I recall it, the attorney was retained right after the MFH sting operation and the RO.  It all happened very quickly.  Up until then, if Terri had nothing to do with a missing Kyron - why would she think she should make any "public" statement to that effect?  Immediately upon retaining Houze, he would have ordered her not to make any public statements.  So, I don't understand why people keep saying why doesn't Terri made a statement to the public.  Houze is in control of all that.  If information was put out that Terri says she's innocent....that wouldn't satisfy anyone.  The mantra would change to: why doesn't Terri prove she's innocent?

Ha.  So far LE can't prove she's guilty.   Not to be O/T to talke about Casey Anthony, but to compare a little bit....I've listened to every day of the jury selection process.  Person after person, Judge Perry has told them that the law is that Casey is proven innocent unless and until it can be proven differently in a court of law.  The Judge questions potential jurors intensely as to whether or not they understand that Casey is innocent at this point and must be considered innocent at this point.  That is the law and the Judge's instructions, even after all this time KC has spent in jail and a major trial is underway.  Compare that to almost a year of investigation, 42 agencies, LE, FBI profilers and Special Agents, mining experts, many searches, cell phone and texting reports, emails, etc., etc., etc.  Now arrest and even Kaine is saying that LE reallydoesn't have the goods to arrest Terri and yet people insist that Terri's guilty.  I love our law of the land: innocent until proven guilty.  Suspicions, yes...but guilt?  Not there yet!

self edit:  BBM Casey is proven innocent should read: Casey is to be "considered" innocent....

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #897 on: May 18, 2011, 09:56:04 AM »

I call BS.  Terri is a 40 year old woman who had an active life.  Who knows what kind of active.  She is living with her parents not able to live a life except that of a shut in.  Perhaps that appeals to some people.  To me, that would be just like prison.  Plus, she has the people looking and talking about her as if she did something. 

She can go nowhere to have what I would consider a life.  She has chosen that .  Why?  That makes no sense to me.  To choose a living death.  That is what she has done.  She cannot live the life of a "normal" 40 year old woman.  Going to the gym.  Going out with friends. Some people do like living with their parents around and are satisfied with that.  She does not appear to have been that kind of a person.  Maybe I am wrong.  Maybe she is happy now.

All kinds of agencies are involved with most missing children.  Casey Anthony is so obvious and was from the second I heard about her, yet it took months and tons of investigation with the most obvious of things with her such as the child in the trunk of her car.  Oh, sorry.  Make that pizza.

With attorneys skewing every little thing, LE has to have their ducks in a row for sure.  What is obvious to me isn't good enough in a court of law.  Experts up the yazoo have to testify about things.  That's good.    I would hate for me or a loved one or anyone to go to prison for something they did not do.

If Terri wants a life, she needs to change her act and act as if she is concerned about Kyron, a boy she supposedly loved.  I never saw that from her.  It's too late now I guess.  Maybe she shouldn't have listened to her attorney.  Maybe she should have gone out and done everything she could like Clint Dunn did for Hailey in spite of his issues.  He did not care what anyone had to say.  He cared about Hailey.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #898 on: May 18, 2011, 12:03:13 PM »

Forgot a point I wanted to suggest in connection with Tracey Girl's post.

Re: Terri going out and searching, etc.

I seem to recall that Terri/Kaine would go out driving around and looking for Kyron.

After the R.O. order, we learned that there were death treats against her.  In addition to her attorney advising her to talk and let him do the talking, I believe that LE (Roseburg LE) would ask her not to contact the public either for her safety in light of the death treats.

Thats a good point. Also I suppose Terri doesn't owe us anything, she needs to tell whatever she knows to the police, perhaps she did, we don't know.

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #899 on: May 18, 2011, 12:15:55 PM »

She doesn't owe "us" anything.  But she has been convicted in the court of public opinion.  A far more brutal court than real court.

She gets to live with Mom and Dad .  Her choice,  I guess it suits her.  To be thought guilty of this crime is OK with her apparently.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.