April 18, 2024, 09:58:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #42 2/07/11 - 5/23/11  (Read 370321 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #940 on: May 21, 2011, 10:49:48 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Kyron-Horman-Looking-for-Terri-Horman-122380284.html

At the -2:32 mark, they say that investigators think Terri is so paranoid she has driven to Portland to use a payphone to call her friends?  Why Portland?  Why not Eugene, or anywhere else between Roseburg and Portland?  Me thinks she has other reasons to come all the way to Portland, and I wonder:  are the police trying to give her a message, or make her even more paranoid?  Immediately after the bit about her driving to Portland, they say something about a sheriff's truck parked across from her parents house.  Is it there all the time?  Are they just waiting for her to make a move?  This story definitely seems to have some hidden messages.

Surely, Terri has made the trip to Portland several times for appointments with her attorneys.  Makes sense she would call friends while in town.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #941 on: May 21, 2011, 11:40:34 PM »

Surely, Terri has made the trip to Portland several times for appointments with her attorneys.  Makes sense she would call friends while in town.

That would make sense to me, too, but why would they report that "investigators" think she goes to use the payphone?  Who is telling KGW that, and why?
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #942 on: May 22, 2011, 12:03:01 AM »

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Kyron-Horman-Inside-the-War-room-122274209.html

Kyron Horman: Inside the investigation War Room .
May 19, 2011

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #943 on: May 22, 2011, 01:37:04 AM »

That would make sense to me, too, but why would they report that "investigators" think she goes to use the payphone?  Who is telling KGW that, and why?

Could be truth or fabrication - when KGW says "sources" - all that means to me is people who do want to be named.

Payphone - I would think that Houze has advised Terri to ONLY use payphones or pre-paid phones.

Could be as simple as stopping on the way to an appointment with the attorneys to make a call and say where she is along the way. 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #944 on: May 22, 2011, 01:38:35 AM »

Investigators: doesn't specify as to LE investigators - or who......PI wannabes?  Investigators by itself is a broad comment, IMO.

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #945 on: May 22, 2011, 11:29:23 AM »

I am still with Desiree.  She thinks Terri did it. 

A reputable newspaper will check out three sources to make sure they all say the same thing. 

Believe it or not; Desiree thinks Terri is the one.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #946 on: May 22, 2011, 12:21:23 PM »

A reputable newspaper will check out three sources to make sure they all say the same thing. 

It was heartbreaking when she said she does not thing Kyron is alive because, based on the level of hatred in Terri's emails, she did not think Terri would allow him to live.

The use of payphones seems odd, doesn't it?  Especially with a woman who has traditionally been a heavy user of computers, cell phones, and social networking. 

I agree that whomever wanted that little fact presented in the story does want Terri to know she is being followed and watched. 

But, she's not a person of interest.   
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #947 on: May 22, 2011, 12:22:45 PM »

thing = think   
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: May 22, 2011, 12:24:17 PM »

or she uses a payphone because she knows her's is tapped and she does not want the conversation to be overheard....

HelloKitty - Me too.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #949 on: May 22, 2011, 12:28:28 PM »

Investigators: doesn't specify as to LE investigators - or who......PI wannabes?  Investigators by itself is a broad comment, IMO.

BBM

I sincerely doubt the press are going to use "PI wannabees" as a source Puzzler.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #950 on: May 22, 2011, 12:30:21 PM »

It was heartbreaking when she said she does not thing Kyron is alive because, based on the level of hatred in Terri's emails, she did not think Terri would allow him to live.

The use of payphones seems odd, doesn't it?  Especially with a woman who has traditionally been a heavy user of computers, cell phones, and social networking. 

I agree that whomever wanted that little fact presented in the story does want Terri to know she is being followed and watched. 

BBM

I agree. 

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #951 on: May 22, 2011, 12:36:59 PM »

Well she has plenty of payphones to choose from in Roseburg too.

http://payphone-directory.org/payor.html

Roseburg
541-673-xxxx...Apple Peddler.................1350 NE Stephens St
*541-672-xxxx..Big! Lots.....................1350 NE Stephens St
*541-672-xxxx..Big! Lots.....................1350 NE Stephens St
541-673-xxxx...Chevron.......................770 Garden Valley Bl...outside*
541-673-xxxx...Chevron.......................770 Garden Valley Bl...outside*
541-672-xxxx...Dollar Store..................1350 NE Stephens St
*541-673-xxxx..Greyhound Bus Station.........835 SE Stephens St...inside*
*541-673-xxxx..Greyhound Bus Station.........835 SE Stephens St...outside*
541-673-xxxx...Holiday Inn Express...........375 W Harvard Blvd
541-673-xxxx...Holiday Inn Express...........375 W Harvard Blvd
541-673-xxxx...Texaco........................3171 NE Stephens...outside*
541-673-xxxx...Texaco........................3171 NE Stephens...outside*
541-673-xxxx...Texaco........................648 Garden Valley Bl...outside*
541-672-xxxx...Texaco........................648 Garden Valley Bl...outside*
*541-673-xxxx..Unocal 76 Mini Mart...........345 W Harvard Blvd
*541-673-xxxx..Unocal 76 Mini Mart...........345 W Harvard Blvd
541-673-xxxx...Wal-Mart......................2125 Stevens Parkway...outside*
541-673-xxxx...Wal-Mart......................2125 Stevens Parkway...outside*

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #952 on: May 22, 2011, 12:47:45 PM »

I am going with what the mother of the missing child says.  She does know plenty and she has her conclusions.  She cares most of anyone in the world, so I'm with her all the way.

Respectfully HK: I've had personal contact with Desiree's family. Yes they do believe that TH knows more than she states, but I don't believe for one moment that Terri knows where Kyron is.

We are on the "Kyron Team", and he is our focus. Out of everyone within this investigation into Kyron going missing, Desiree is the only one that I could say is 100% innocent. Her tears are real, her heart is aching, and I feel her pain. Other than that, everyone is suspect IMO.

Again, ITA Sassi.....I do feel for Desiree more than anything and it breaks my heart to see her pain, and the fact that in about 2 weeks it will be the one yr anniversary of Ky's disappearance is going to be so hard. Those anniversaries and special dates creep up and have a way of knocking you off your feet. Thanks for being there for her family and being on Kyron's team vs just the anti-Terri team.

IM: So good to see you again. It's been a while. 

I'm hoping we get some kind of an update from Staton. It's suppose to be in June when he goes before the board.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #953 on: May 22, 2011, 02:25:48 PM »

While Terri may or may not know where Kyron is, she holds the answer to who does know where he is, IMO.  She is witholding information, again IMO, that could bring the boy home and prosecute all those involved.

I would personally plead with her on my own hands and knees if I thought it would help but I just don't think she has a heart.  I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, I know it does, but there are people in our society with disorders and I think Terri is one of them.

There is a link between arson and antisocial personality disorder.  Also, a link between arson and people who crave attention.  Lastly, there is the criminal intent of arson.  I vote for the personality disorder and only bring this up because I've seen clues that Terri has one since very early on when this story broke.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #954 on: May 22, 2011, 02:43:10 PM »

I agree that womever wanted that little fact presented in the story wanted Terri to know she is being followed and watched.
LE might check that out, too, to find out who is doing that.  Could be someone that has previously given death threats.

The use of the pay phones make sense when we remember that Houze only wants her to use pay phones or pre-paid cell phones.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #955 on: May 22, 2011, 02:45:58 PM »

I am going with what the mother of the missing child says.  She does know plenty and she has her conclusions.  She cares most of anyone in the world, so I'm with her all the way.

Respectfully HK: I've had personal contact with Desiree's family. Yes they do believe that TH knows more than she states, but I don't believe for one moment that Terri knows where Kyron is.

We are on the "Kyron Team", and he is our focus. Out of everyone within this investigation into Kyron going missing, Desiree is the only one that I could say is 100% innocent. Her tears are real, her heart is aching, and I feel her pain. Other than that, everyone is suspect IMO.

Again, ITA Sassi.....I do feel for Desiree more than anything and it breaks my heart to see her pain, and the fact that in about 2 weeks it will be the one yr anniversary of Ky's disappearance is going to be so hard. Those anniversaries and special dates creep up and have a way of knocking you off your feet. Thanks for being there for her family and being on Kyron's team vs just the anti-Terri team.

I'm hoping we get some kind of an update from Staton. It's suppose to be in June when he goes before the board.

Sassi, you said "update" in June.  The way I recall it was that Staton was going to give an "update" in mid-May and his timeframe for the experts and FBI Special Agents would be up in June and he would give a status report then.  Does that ring a bell?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #956 on: May 22, 2011, 02:49:59 PM »

BBM

I sincerely doubt the press are going to use "PI wannabees" as a source Puzzler.

ha ha  No, but they are using unnamed sources.  My point was that just because you use the word investigator is not the same as saying a LE investigator.  Since they won't name a "source" or use a broad term of "investigator", leaves me wanting more definition.  Leaves me thinking: what kind of investigator?

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #957 on: May 22, 2011, 03:09:40 PM »

Sassi, you said "update" in June.  The way I recall it was that Staton was going to give an "update" in mid-May and his timeframe for the experts and FBI Special Agents would be up in June and he would give a status report then.  Does that ring a bell?

Are you trying to tell me I'm senile?  Monkey Devil! Not the way I remember it. I believe June is when Staton said he would report to the board and decide which direction they were going to go.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #958 on: May 22, 2011, 03:13:13 PM »

Are you trying to tell me I'm senile?  Monkey Devil! Not the way I remember it. I believe June is when Staton said he would report to the board and decide which direction they were going to go.

You don't recall a mid-May "update" and mid-June to tell the commissioners where they stand?  Hmmmm...

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #959 on: May 22, 2011, 03:14:19 PM »

BBM

ha ha  No, but they are using unnamed sources.  My point was that just because you use the word investigator is not the same as saying a LE investigator.  Since they won't name a "source" or use a broad term of "investigator", leaves me wanting more definition.  Leaves me thinking: what kind of investigator?

Most media outlets, bloggers, etc., use the term "unnamed source", because that's what they are, and I don't believe the term "investigator" is used loosely. Just giving you my opinion, my super duper Puzzler. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.