April 19, 2024, 12:14:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #42 2/07/11 - 5/23/11  (Read 370330 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2011, 05:28:41 PM »

I think it is anyone's guess but according to what I have read, his classroom is on the north end of the building, near stairs that lead outside to the back parking lot which to me when I am looking at the map is rm 217. Rm 213 does not have stairs leading to that floor, the stairs you see I believe lead to the basement/first floor, plus if you look at the compass, rm 213 is on the south side of the building not the north.

Again, I think it is something that has not been said outright and we are all just giving it our best guess. I could be wrong, who knows. There is a pic of the stairs on the side of the building. Let me go double check if I am remembering correctly. 
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2011, 05:35:55 PM »

I wonder why the person wouldn't come forward and say the she was the one on the Kelly road?

At least it would put an end to that speculation about anything to do with Kyron.

I don't know, perhaps she didn't hear of the case or maybe she did come forward and we haven't heard of it? Lets face it, we are not being bombarded with information in this case. We really don't know that many facts and most of what we talk about is based on speculation, theory and secret sources.

Yeah, and after following the Caylee Anthony case with Florida's Sunshine laws, this case is sheer torture!

Scatty - you picked the perfect word for this case "torture"!  Yes, the Florida Sunshine Laws have made a difference.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2011, 05:41:55 PM »

Not sure of the classroom number but here is a slide show of the classroom itself:

http://www.kptv.com/slideshow/kyron-horman/23806039/detail.html
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2011, 05:42:27 PM »

My best recollection was that Kyron's classroom had stairs right outside of it that led outside at the back of the school - at one end.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2011, 05:49:40 PM »

http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy81/gwenabob/Skyline%20School/

Above is a link to pics I have spent a long time studying to gain a perspective of the school. Starting on pic 12 there are some great pics on that side of the school.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:56:11 PM by klaasend » Logged
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2011, 05:54:00 PM »

http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy81/gwenabob/Skyline%20School/?action=view&current=SkylineSchool015.jpg#!oZZ27QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs780.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fyy81%2Fgwenabob%2FSkyline%2520School%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DSkylineSchool028.jpg

This would be a pic of room 213's windows over looking the front of the school
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2011, 05:55:18 PM »

Sorry why can't I get the picture link to post right? I need pic 27 not 15. sometimes computers makes my life harder. Anyway, pic #27 is a pic of room 213
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2011, 05:58:32 PM »

Sorry why can't I get the picture link to post right? I need pic 27 not 15. sometimes computers makes my life harder. Anyway, pic #27 is a pic of room 213

This is 27

This is 15

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2011, 06:00:48 PM »

I would like to point out that these photos taken by the local are taken some time after Kyron went missing and after school is out for the summer.  The grass and growth around the school is likely to have grown up more than it would have been when Kyron was in school. 
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2011, 06:10:46 PM »

does this help?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/relmeka/kyron/floorplanofSkylinecropped.jpg
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2011, 06:11:03 PM »

Not sure of the classroom number but here is a slide show of the classroom itself:

http://www.kptv.com/slideshow/kyron-horman/23806039/detail.html

Found this there

So cute; Kyron's penmanship:

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2011, 06:13:28 PM »

a million pictures if someone is interested

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Kyron%20Horman%20%20-OR-/
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2011, 06:26:49 PM »

I think it is anyone's guess but according to what I have read, his classroom is on the north end of the building, near stairs that lead outside to the back parking lot which to me when I am looking at the map is rm 217. Rm 213 does not have stairs leading to that floor, the stairs you see I believe lead to the basement/first floor, plus if you look at the compass, rm 213 is on the south side of the building not the north.

Again, I think it is something that has not been said outright and we are all just giving it our best guess. I could be wrong, who knows. There is a pic of the stairs on the side of the building. Let me go double check if I am remembering correctly. 

The Skyline Handbook (pg 17) indicates that Ms. Porter's classroom is 213.

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline/files/mskach/Parentand_StudentHandbook_2010-11.pdf

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2011, 06:31:38 PM »

this is gross, but may be of interest

Here are factors assisting SAR’s decision on where to search for a disposal site of a victim.

From - Detection of Body Dump Sites and Clandestine Burials: a GIS -Based Landscape Approach by Hector A. Orengo

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...Mmppr0YovkcE_Q

"1) Carrying of a corpse will necessarily require the use of a covered, motorized vehicle to the vicinity of the dump site. It has been commonly asserted that the majority of corpses have been found in close proximity to roads or parking areas (Streed 1989, in Killam 2004:17). Therefore, a search following the road network will have many more probabilities of success than a normal extensive search (Rossmo 2000:130).
2) Due to physical limitations, the usual distance covered dragging a body is about 50 ft on plain terrain (McLaughlin 1974:28, Morse et al. 1983:6). Keppel and Birnes (1995) have estimated the maximum distance to carry a body to 150 ft, even though, they agree with the 50 ft estimate as the usual distance. Following Burton (1998), Rossmo (2000:130) states that child bodies, being much lighter, can be carried for 200 ft. Of course, this will vary depending with the slope, kind of terrain, vegetation, and other factors. Effectively, 90% of the bodies are recovered downhill because it is easier for the offender to drag the victim (Sacks 1999; Hunter 1996b:92; Robbins 1977; Cherry and Angel 1977). The fact that from the road the visibility downhill is poor can be equally important regarding the offender’s choice of going downhill.
3) Terrain slope can be also very important when the body is buried: an excessive slope will render difficult the process of digging a grave.
4) As Killam (2004:17), following Streed (1989), has noted, “bodies are usually found off the right passenger side of the road, outbound from the city or town.” That is an important clue: knowing the departure site of the offender is important in order to give priority to the passenger side of the road in body search activities.
5) Most disposal sites are located within a 30-45 minute drive from the place where the body was picked up (Streed 1989, in Killam 2004:17). As Rossmo (2000:174) has shown, those sites are located at a mean distance of 33.7 km from the crime site. Fifty percent of those were located at more than 20 km. This data shows the wider distance range of body dump sites to which, consequently, is difficult to apply distance-decay parameters.
6) Lakes, deep rivers, and canals traditionally have been disposal points (Killam 2004:16, 18). Returning to Rossmo’s analysis (2000:175), of the 104 body dump sites considered, 20.2 % were located in rivers, lakes, or marshy areas.
7) Other places in which people are prone to hide bodies are wells, shafts, mines, or any other pre-existing hole (Killam 2004:16, 18; Levine et al. 1984)
Cool It is possible to map those areas in which burial is feasible according to soil profile, land use, and underlying geology (Hunter 1996a:17 and 1996b:92).
9) Obviously, the most feasible place to look for a victim’s body will be determined by the crime’s particular circumstances. The first places to investigate will be the suspect’s properties (Killam 2004:14), mainly his or her residence. For obvious reasons, residences are not included in this project. Other urban areas are regarded as having low clandestine burial potential due to the high chance of the offender to be discovered.
10) As Killam has suggested (2004:18), dump sites will be out of sight of neighboring houses, but, as bodies are usually discarded at night, they have to be easily accessible in the dark."

On #5, distance is calculated differently for child abductions. The location of the site increases as the age of the child rises.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2011, 06:43:32 PM »

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline/files/mskach/Parentand_StudentHandbook_2010-11.pdf

Good catch, nicubird!

Here's an image showing that from the handbook:

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2011, 07:02:39 PM »

Good catch, nicubird!

Here's an image showing that from the handbook:

Ok so the classroom seems to be #213. I dont' know how that is the north end of the school as it is in the front of the school. The north of the building is the rear of the school.  There is a pic that shows inside the school. It was taken through the glass on the side door. Do you think the short staircase leads to the first or second floor. I was thinking it lead to the first, perhaps it is the 2nd floor and there is another small stair case that leads down then?
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2011, 07:03:42 PM »

Here are factors assisting SAR’s decision on where to search for a disposal site of a victim.

From - Detection of Body Dump Sites and Clandestine Burials: a GIS -Based Landscape Approach by Hector A. Orengo

"1) Carrying of a corpse will necessarily require the use of a covered, motorized vehicle to the vicinity of the dump site. It has been commonly asserted that the majority of corpses have been found in close proximity to roads or parking areas (Streed 1989, in Killam 2004:17). Therefore, a search following the road network will have many more probabilities of success than a normal extensive search (Rossmo 2000:130).
2) Due to physical limitations, the usual distance covered dragging a body is about 50 ft on plain terrain (McLaughlin 1974:28, Morse et al. 1983:6). Keppel and Birnes (1995) have estimated the maximum distance to carry a body to 150 ft, even though, they agree with the 50 ft estimate as the usual distance. Following Burton (1998), Rossmo (2000:130) states that child bodies, being much lighter, can be carried for 200 ft. Of course, this will vary depending with the slope, kind of terrain, vegetation, and other factors. Effectively, 90% of the bodies are recovered downhill because it is easier for the offender to drag the victim (Sacks 1999; Hunter 1996b:92; Robbins 1977; Cherry and Angel 1977). The fact that from the road the visibility downhill is poor can be equally important regarding the offender’s choice of going downhill.
3) Terrain slope can be also very important when the body is buried: an excessive slope will render difficult the process of digging a grave.
4) As Killam (2004:17), following Streed (1989), has noted, “bodies are usually found off the right passenger side of the road, outbound from the city or town.” That is an important clue: knowing the departure site of the offender is important in order to give priority to the passenger side of the road in body search activities.
5) Most disposal sites are located within a 30-45 minute drive from the place where the body was picked up (Streed 1989, in Killam 2004:17). As Rossmo (2000:174) has shown, those sites are located at a mean distance of 33.7 km from the crime site. Fifty percent of those were located at more than 20 km. This data shows the wider distance range of body dump sites to which, consequently, is difficult to apply distance-decay parameters.
6) Lakes, deep rivers, and canals traditionally have been disposal points (Killam 2004:16, 18). Returning to Rossmo’s analysis (2000:175), of the 104 body dump sites considered, 20.2 % were located in rivers, lakes, or marshy areas.
7) Other places in which people are prone to hide bodies are wells, shafts, mines, or any other pre-existing hole (Killam 2004:16, 18; Levine et al. 1984)
Cool It is possible to map those areas in which burial is feasible according to soil profile, land use, and underlying geology (Hunter 1996a:17 and 1996b:92).
9) Obviously, the most feasible place to look for a victim’s body will be determined by the crime’s particular circumstances. The first places to investigate will be the suspect’s properties (Killam 2004:14), mainly his or her residence. For obvious reasons, residences are not included in this project. Other urban areas are regarded as having low clandestine burial potential due to the high chance of the offender to be discovered.
10) As Killam has suggested (2004:18), dump sites will be out of sight of neighboring houses, but, as bodies are usually discarded at night, they have to be easily accessible in the dark."

On #5, distance is calculated differently for child abductions. The location of the site increases as the age of the child rises.

Well first, I had a nervous giggle to myself (I tend to giggle when nervous) about how we had been recently talking on another topic (Hailey Dunn) about the papers found on murders, and "what if the LE suddenly had to look at *our* interests", and this article comes into focus in my head concerning that statement - and the giggles started.  "Oh boy - that would be just lovely".

But in all honesty, for those of us seeking answers about (not glorification of) crimes, this sort of article is very very helpful, finding a look into killers' minds that we wouldn't otherwise have, one that could help SOMEone find the kids that are lost possible.

Thank you - I'm going to stop squirming around here and reread it.
starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2011, 07:04:50 PM »

Well first, I had a nervous giggle to myself (I tend to giggle when nervous) about how we had been recently talking on another topic (Hailey Dunn) about the papers found on murders, and "what if the LE suddenly had to look at *our* interests", and this article comes into focus in my head concerning that statement - and the giggles started.  "Oh boy - that would be just lovely".

But in all honesty, for those of us seeking answers about (not glorification of) crimes, this sort of article is very very helpful, finding a look into killers' minds that we wouldn't otherwise have, one that could help SOMEone find the kids that are lost possible.

Thank you - I'm going to stop squirming around here and reread it.

p.s.  Now let's just hope my boyfriend doesn't look over and see what I'm reading.  lol  Sorry, I couldn't resist; I had to say it in a Fanny-esque way.  (Miss you FannyMae!)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2011, 09:29:49 PM »

Ok I am very confused, anyone else? In the group of pics there is a pic marked exit. I believe it is #46, is this in the back of the school? Then the next pic #47, it is a pic of a long hallway, which hallway is that and from what door, the one shown in #46? To me it looks like this section of pics are of the back of the school, so is this the door the one person was talking about who said the back exit is not secure?

Are we sure that the classroom assigned to the teacher this year is the same as last year? I only ask because I know I have read before it stated that Kyrons classroom was in the back of the school, not the front as 213 would be. It was also near a bathroom from what I have read. This map doesn't have bathrooms marked that I can tell, anyone else see one?

This school is so confusing because the 1st floor is acually a basement and I am not sure if the doors lead to the first or second floor. LIke the side door, does that small staircase lead to the 2nd floor and there is another small one that leads to the bottom floor? Is it a split stair case as what is in the front of the school?

When this amount of sluething needs to happen to figure out what room was Kyrons, then we know there is a huge lack of information. Got to hand it to LE, they have this case air tight.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2011, 09:34:43 PM »

This is interesting HK, thanks for posting.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.