March 28, 2024, 04:54:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, Portland OR #42 2/07/11 - 5/23/11  (Read 368648 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2011, 02:27:05 AM »

IMO this was a briliant move by Desiree - "taking it to Terri in her comfort zone".  I really give her, Tony and their friends credit on this one!

Staton - my gosh...if that man has the evidence, he really needs to name a suspect. 

If he doesn't have the evidence, then he needs to tell the public that and why not - because he's obviously telling Desiree he has the evidence. 

So, name the suspect(s)!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #221 on: February 20, 2011, 03:31:38 AM »

Yea i agree he does need to name suspects already. This was a smart move by Desiree, I am glad she did it. I think it shows that she is not going to back down until she finds her boy. The person(s) responsible better just spill the beans because I think Desiree is coming after them. Nothing like a mama bear, don't mess with a mama bear.

What about all of this will surprise us? Perhaps a detail about it all, perhaps the "why" will surprise all of us.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #222 on: February 20, 2011, 04:38:12 AM »

Ah, yes...one of the few things that Staton told us was that we would be surprised.  Also, that LE knew things they wish they didn't know.  What is that....I'm assuming they'd want to know about what happened to Kyron...so wonder what it is?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #223 on: February 20, 2011, 08:02:23 AM »

Kyron’s mom wants stepmother out of her comfort zone

<snipped>

Young asked people who live in Roseburg to confront Terri Horman at the grocery store, on the street or at the gas station and ask her, “Where is Kyron?”

Young has said she feels Horman knows something about Kyron’s disappearance and said, while her son has been missing for over eight months, his stepmother has been able to hand out candy to kids on Halloween and enjoy Christmas.

“Kyron’s story is not one of a child that wandered away from his school or was abducted by a stranger,” Young said. “It was somebody who was brought into our family. ... There is one person that knows where he is: Terri Horman, where is Kyron?”

Fliers went up around Roseburg Saturday, asking people to remember Kyron and encouraging the public to ask Terri Horman where he is when they see her.

<snipped>
http://www.katu.com/news/local/116543823.html

BBM

This is a very powerful statement by Desiree. She knows this was NOT some nut job pedo stranger who just walked in and took Kyron.

Also, her courage and drive, handing out fliers and telling people to ask her "where is Kyron", when they see the chubby squirrel out and about in the neighborhood, is just plain brilliant. 

Bravo Desiree!

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #224 on: February 20, 2011, 08:06:36 AM »

Check out the video, listening to Desiree gives me chills. I think after listening to this, I am coming off my comfortable place on the fence. There is something to her accusations, I can hear it in her voice and see it in her eyes. She said something about they now know the "why"....OMG Terri did do this, didn't she..I feel sick right now, just sick.

http://www.kptv.com/news/26928571/detail.html

BBM

Glad to see it TG.   

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2011, 08:18:23 AM »

Check out the video, listening to Desiree gives me chills. I think after listening to this, I am coming off my comfortable place on the fence. There is something to her accusations, I can hear it in her voice and see it in her eyes. She said something about they now know the "why"....OMG Terri did do this, didn't she..I feel sick right now, just sick.

http://www.kptv.com/news/26928571/detail.html

Desiree said   "I know horrifying things about her ... about my son specifically"      

I know her press conference was really something. What on earth did they uncover that was horrifying to Desiree? What did Kyron go through? What happened that morning? That part about with the evidence they now have, they know the why..That to me was chilling.

I agree, it is chilling. As far as I'm concerned, there is no "over the top" or "out of bounds" speculation or informational digging, when it comes to TH.

I loved those sweat shirt jackets they wore, with Kyrons and Terri's face on them! 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2011, 08:39:42 AM »

I think there was more strategy in Saturday’s trip to Roseburg by Desiree, Tony and friends to put up flyers and posters and to knock on the Moulton’s front door of their home to oust Terri out of her comfort zone. 

Remember back to the end of January, when all of a sudden LE is doing a search on the mountain for all things Kyron and Desiree made a public statement that she was excited about this search.  We thought that was odd wording.   Then we learned that Desiree had learned way back before Thanksgiving that LE had new, solid evidence and they were going to search the mountain area as soon as the weather warmed up.  Also, on the day of the search, LE was very confident in their search and their solid evidence.

Also recall that about the same time, Staton let it out that his February 1 report would not be presented until late February, that he was not planning on asking for any more money for the case and he even was making a decision as to whether he would continue on with the Task Force full-time.

I believe that Desiree was excited because she’d been waiting for 2 ½ months for warm day and it was finally here….searchers were going to look for her son…LE had solid evidence….Desiree said she wanted closure.  That didn’t happen.  The evidence doesn’t appear to have been so solid after all.  However, LE had told Desiree it was and she lived for a warm day.

I also believe that Desiree, like many of us, may have looked at Staton’s late report, not asking for more funds and maybe cutting the Task Force to part-time as not good.

I can see where all of this would make Desiree angry: Terri’s in a comfort zone, while Kyron’s still missing; LE looks like they’re cutting back on the time, money and efforts on finding Kyron.

Part of her statement Saturday was if no one’s going to do this, who will.  The “who will” part, IMO, was a little sarcastic – matter of fact – I’ve got to do this myself.  So, I’m thinking that Saturday’s actions were done to force hands:  Terri’s hand – make her uncomfortable – make her tell where Kyron is, etc.; and Staton’s hand – make him uncomfortable – make him name a suspect – make him not give up on finding Kyron, etc.

Desiree says there is overwhelming evidence and she would have gotten that information from Staton.  If that’s so, then why hasn’t Staton made an arrest?

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #227 on: February 20, 2011, 08:59:32 AM »

Yea i agree he does need to name suspects already. This was a smart move by Desiree, I am glad she did it. I think it shows that she is not going to back down until she finds her boy. The person(s) responsible better just spill the beans because I think Desiree is coming after them. Nothing like a mama bear, don't mess with a mama bear.

What about all of this will surprise us? Perhaps a detail about it all, perhaps the "why" will surprise all of us.

I think Desiree put both Terri and LE "on notice" that she's not backing down.
Also, she let the rest of us know that there's "overwhelming evidence".  Thumb in Staton's eye, IMO.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #228 on: February 20, 2011, 09:21:37 AM »

Morning Puzz...I also see this saying, if I don't who will, kind of a really big dig to Kaine!  What's up with him lately?  Why no face time, why not support Ky's Mom in looking for him?  Why isn't he looking?  Could it be that he is positive he is dead and doesn't see any need to continue?  I dunno, why not help DY pressure Terri?  What's up with that?  God Bless little Kyron may he be found soon and brought home to his Momma!
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2011, 09:45:50 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/kyron-horman-12959259

Desiree on GMA today.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2011, 10:05:45 AM »

I had a conversation with some friends that don't follow this case on anything but TV news and their take surprised me. To begin with they were disgusted that a police officer was involved in stalking and harassing a citizen that isn't even named a person of interest and thought that a restraining order should be issued against the bio mom and her husband. They believe that TH has been hounded by this family on their interpretation of unverified inside info and whatever happened to the presumption of innocence. I was just amazed.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: February 20, 2011, 12:46:23 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/116543823.html

Kyron’s mom wants stepmother out of her comfort zone
By Margy Lynch KATU News and KATU.com Staff

ROSEBURG, Ore. - The mother of missing 8-year-old Kyron Horman said Saturday she’s tired of the boy’s stepmother living “comfortably” and asked the public to make her uncomfortable.

Desiree Young could have gotten more media exposure if she had held her news conference in Portland or at Kyron’s elementary school, but the mother of the missing boy said she wanted to make a point in the town Terri Horman has lived since moving there in July.

Young asked people who live in Roseburg to confront Terri Horman at the grocery store, on the street or at the gas station.

“We ask any time you see Terri, ask her, ‘Where’s Kyron?’”
 ::snipping2::
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: February 20, 2011, 12:51:44 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Kyron-Hormans-mother-puts-pressure-116540373.html

"It's not right that Terri gets to have a free life while my son is missing,"

by KGW Staff
Posted on February 19, 2011 at 3:30 PM
Updated today at 9:37 AM

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #233 on: February 20, 2011, 01:00:46 PM »

There's no doubt in my mind that Desiree has put a lot of pressure on Staton to make a move this week.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #234 on: February 20, 2011, 01:15:10 PM »

Don't you think this is an odd email to be sent by TH's father a month and a half after his grandson went missing, and the day KH moved out of the house? Why were they looking for that information? Shouldn't they have been concentrating on their grandson and their daughter?

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/WA-CEMETERIES/2010-07/1280423237

Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 9:58 PM
To: wa-cemeteries-l@rootsweb.com
Subject: [WA-CEMETERIES] (no subject)

Dear Sirs:
We are looking for Elizabeth Todd's final resting place with a date of death and possibly other information on her. She was married to Frank H. Todd when he was murdered in Hoquiam, Washington on 8/31/1907 or 9/1/1907. Frank Todd is buried in Sunset Memorial Park for the City of Hoquiam, Grays Harbor Co. in the state of Washington. We assume that Elizabeth died in Washington state.
 ::snipping2::
Edit - snip  MB
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:36:40 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #235 on: February 20, 2011, 01:23:36 PM »

Don't you think this is an odd email to be sent by TH's father a month and a half after his grandson went missing, and the day KH moved out of the house? Why were they looking for that information? Shouldn't they have been concentrating on their grandson and their daughter?

Dear Sirs:
We are looking for Elizabeth Todd's final resting place with a date of death and possibly other information on her. She was married to Frank H. Todd when he was murdered in Hoquiam, Washington on 8/31/1907 or 9/1/1907. Frank Todd is buried in Sunset Memorial Park for the City of Hoquiam, Grays Harbor Co. in the state of Washington. We assume that Elizabeth died in Washington state.
Edit - snip  MB

Maybe he didn't know about KH having moved out at the time he's writing this letter.  Maybe Mr. Moulton was trying to do something to occupy his time.  Looks like he's been working on a family tree for quite a while.  I don't see anything wrong with it myself.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:37:24 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #236 on: February 20, 2011, 01:30:58 PM »

Dear Sirs:
Edit -snip MB

Maybe he didn't know about KH having moved out at the time he's writing this letter.  Maybe Mr. Moulton was trying to do something to occupy his time.  Looks like he's been working on a family tree for quite a while.  I don't see anything wrong with it myself.

Yeah, I guess you're right Puzzler. I was trying to locate info to for a question one of the blinksters asked, and saw this. Thanks for setting me straight my friend.  
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:38:02 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

bebecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #237 on: February 20, 2011, 02:41:43 PM »

People can question TH until they are blue in the face, do they really expect a reply? Does Desiree? I know she feels she has to do something but I do hope she is not counting on anything shaking loose from her plan. It won't happen.

As far as saying how much evidence they have, I get the feeling this is Desiree's interpretation; she herself has a ton of evidence against Terri as she has months to build it, going back 7 years. Maybe LE is telling her they can't really move until Kyron is found. I can see where that would be the most frustrating of all.

But her statement doesn't make sense when she says if Terri would just tell what happened, she could clear herself. Huh? If Terri knows and tells what happened to Kyron, she goes right to jail.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #238 on: February 20, 2011, 02:59:16 PM »

People can question TH until they are blue in the face, do they really expect a reply? Does Desiree? I know she feels she has to do something but I do hope she is not counting on anything shaking loose from her plan. It won't happen.

As far as saying how much evidence they have, I get the feeling this is Desiree's interpretation; she herself has a ton of evidence against Terri as she has months to build it, going back 7 years. Maybe LE is telling her they can't really move until Kyron is found. I can see where that would be the most frustrating of all.

But her statement doesn't make sense when she says if Terri would just tell what happened, she could clear herself. Huh? If Terri knows and tells what happened to Kyron, she goes right to jail.

I totally don't agree with you bebe. Desiree has  stated she is basing it on the info that LE showed her, and I haven't seen ANY statement that she has made where she says " if Terri would just tell what happened, she could clear herself." I would be happy to see a link to that.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #239 on: February 20, 2011, 02:59:37 PM »

I had a conversation with some friends that don't follow this case on anything but TV news and their take surprised me. To begin with they were disgusted that a police officer was involved in stalking and harassing a citizen that isn't even named a person of interest and thought that a restraining order should be issued against the bio mom and her husband. They believe that TH has been hounded by this family on their interpretation of unverified inside info and whatever happened to the presumption of innocence. I was just amazed.

I so strongly disagree with the opinion that Desiree is over stepping boundaries and Tony has no place in helping. I think Terri is lucky she is still on this side of the soil to be honest with you. I think Desiree has shown great restraint with a person she believes has hurt her son. I applaud this move by Desiree, she is standing up for her boy and trying to find him. This is something coming from me, but I don't give a rats bottom if Terri's feelings get hurt. In my opinion, she should open the door and have a conversation with Desiree. She is hiding behind her lawyer...
Off to listen to the ABC interview
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.